Skip to content

Barkley Or Thomas?

The Browns Board
38 20 1.7k
  • @the-gipper said:

    You have no clue if that is going to be the case. Hell, for all we know Newton having been thrown to the wolves may have been bad for him. Correct me if I am wrong, but he is playing like crap right now, isn't he? And sulking about it. Fo all we know he will turn out to be like Vince Young. Seemed like he set the world on fire in the beginning....but now can't find a job.

    Maybe Pryor is a guy who needed seasoning. (maybe all three did...Newton, Pryor, Young)

    Of course, maybe you are right, maybe he will turn out to be nothing. But you don't know that.

    I'm willing to stake my entire savings account of negative dollars on it.

    Newton's stats are pretty similar to Weeden's stats through three games.

    Newton

    53 comp 83 att 63.9% 798 yds 2 TD's 5 INT's

    Weeden

    65 comp 115 att 56.5% 677 yds 3 TDs 6 INTs

    If you feel safe in your assumption that Newton will be like Young, then you must feel the same about Weeden, nay?

    None of us really "know" anything to be true other than what has already happened. But history and gut feelings point toward Pryor being a complete non-factor.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    I'm willing to stake my entire savings account of negative dollars on it.

    Newton's stats are pretty similar to Weeden's stats through three games.

    Newton

    53 comp 83 att 63.9% 798 yds 2 TD's 5 INT's

    Weeden

    65 comp 115 att 56.5% 677 yds 3 TDs 6 INTs

    If you feel safe in your assumption that Newton will be like Young, then you must feel the same about Weeden, nay?

    None of us really "know" anything to be true other than what has already happened. But history and gut feelings point toward Pryor being a complete non-factor.

    The above is my point exactly. You don't know nothing about what will happen.

    And you are absolutely wrong about history. Nothing that anyone else has ever done in history applies to Terrelle Pryor. The only history involved is that he has sat on the bench and learned for all of about 12-14 games now. And for all we know that may be good for him.

    And the other factor involved....your gut....well, all I know is that guts are filled with either shit or puke....so whichever comes out of your gut....I'm having no part of 😛

  • Geno Smith looks like more than your typical spread QB.

    If we do decide to move on at QB and select a QB high, I wouldn't mind taking him.

    I hate Weeden more than anyone so I'd be happy.

  • Barkley will not even be the first QB taken in next year's draft the way he's going this season...if the Browns do take him, we will set this franchise back 3-4 years.

  • Thomas is interesting purely because of his potential, but that's just like Terelle Pryor and we all know how that has turned out.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Thomas is interesting purely because of his potential, but that's just like Terelle Pryor and we all know how that has turned out.

    Lol he's in his 2nd season as a backup QB? He will start in this league.

  • @the-gipper said:

    You have no clue if that is going to be the case. Hell, for all we know Newton having been thrown to the wolves may have been bad for him. Correct me if I am wrong, but he is playing like crap right now, isn't he? And sulking about it. Fo all we know he will turn out to be like Vince Young. Seemed like he set the world on fire in the beginning....but now can't find a job.

    Maybe Pryor is a guy who needed seasoning. (maybe all three did...Newton, Pryor, Young)

    Of course, maybe you are right, maybe he will turn out to be nothing. But you don't know that.

    I'm willing to stake my entire savings account of negative dollars on it.

    Newton's stats are pretty similar to Weeden's stats through three games.

    Newton

    53 comp 83 att 63.9% 798 yds 2 TD's 5 INT's

    Weeden

    65 comp 115 att 56.5% 677 yds 3 TDs 6 INTs

    If you feel safe in your assumption that Newton will be like Young, then you must feel the same about Weeden, nay?

    None of us really "know" anything to be true other than what has already happened. But history and gut feelings point toward Pryor being a complete non-factor.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    I'm willing to stake my entire savings account of negative dollars on it.

    Newton's stats are pretty similar to Weeden's stats through three games.

    Newton

    53 comp 83 att 63.9% 798 yds 2 TD's 5 INT's

    Weeden

    65 comp 115 att 56.5% 677 yds 3 TDs 6 INTs

    If you feel safe in your assumption that Newton will be like Young, then you must feel the same about Weeden, nay?

    None of us really "know" anything to be true other than what has already happened. But history and gut feelings point toward Pryor being a complete non-factor.

    Newton has rushing TD's tho, those count too. Weeden isn't rushing for a TD anytime soon.

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Thomas is interesting purely because of his potential, but that's just like Terelle Pryor and we all know how that has turned out.

    Lol he's in his 2nd season as a backup QB? He will start in this league.

    @dab7291993 said:

    Lol he's in his 2nd season as a backup QB? He will start in this league.

    You don't really believe that, you're just being a homer.

    And if you do really believe that, then remind me never to trust anything you have to say ever again.

    Not that I did to begin with.

  • @bad-dawg said:

    If we keep playing the way we are now, then I can see us atleast getting the #2 pick In the 2013 Draft. Although I won't be suprised If we land at #1, and I also won't mind It seeing that It will give us more options. But lets face It, after this year, we will probably be drafting ANOTHER QB. Which Is sad on my end, I wasn't really all for the Weeden pick either, but things happen.

    Anyways, I was doing some research on Thomas, (Mainly because he's listed at #2 on Mel's Top 5 for the 2013 Draft) and I found that he's actually a pretty big dude. He weighs 260 lbs and Is 6'6, which Is pretty damn big. Barkley Is around 6'2 at 230 so I don't think he would have any problems In the pocket, as far as seeing goes. But I really don't care about size when It comes to Matt Barkley. What I actually care about Is that he's from USC. So he's pretty much destined to be a Bust, along with the other QB's that have come out of USC and failed miserably.

    Which Is why I think the Browns should draft Logan Thomas out of Virgina Tech In the 2013 draft. Love the size he brings to the pocket, and I love the fact that he's not from USC. And even though I've never seen him play, I can only imagine how good his arm really Is, because most big QB's do have one hell of a arm, (Big Ben, Newton, Flacco) so I would imagine Thomas would to, and I would also imagine that he actually knows how to use It, seeing that he's on Mel Kiper's top 5 2013 draft prospects listed at #2.

    But of course Barkley Is going to be #1, he's overrated. But besides the whole QB thing, I think the Browns should just use the rest of the draft on a receiver and some Linebackers and Corners. Maybe a Tight End to but who knows.

    Excuse me, are you for real? You've already determined Weeden is a bust after 3 games? That has to be some kind of record. No hope he can't improve?

    My vote is give Brandon at least ten games before you start talking college quarterbacks.

    @hoorta said:

    Excuse me, are you for real? You've already determined Weeden is a bust after 3 games? That has to be some kind of record. No hope he can't improve?

    My vote is give Brandon at least ten games before you start talking college quarterbacks.

    I agree. Let's give the kid a little time and a couple games to fall into the groove. I think it's a little too early to be talking about drafting a new quarterback to replace him already. We have to believe in our Brownies and remember that it takes a few games every season for our players to strengthen those on-field relationships with teammates, new AND old. 🙄

    GO BROWNS!

  • @dab7291993 said:

    Lol he's in his 2nd season as a backup QB? He will start in this league.

    You don't really believe that, you're just being a homer.

    And if you do really believe that, then remind me never to trust anything you have to say ever again.

    Not that I did to begin with.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    You don't really believe that, you're just being a homer.

    And if you do really believe that, then remind me never to trust anything you have to say ever again.

    Not that I did to begin with.

    Good thing that doesn't matter to me. I didn't say he was gonna be good, I said he will start.
  • If we keep playing the way we are now, then I can see us atleast getting the #2 pick In the 2013 Draft. Although I won't be suprised If we land at #1, and I also won't mind It seeing that It will give us more options. But lets face It, after this year, we will probably be drafting ANOTHER QB. Which Is sad on my end, I wasn't really all for the Weeden pick either, but things happen.

    Anyways, I was doing some research on Thomas, (Mainly because he's listed at #2 on Mel's Top 5 for the 2013 Draft) and I found that he's actually a pretty big dude. He weighs 260 lbs and Is 6'6, which Is pretty damn big. Barkley Is around 6'2 at 230 so I don't think he would have any problems In the pocket, as far as seeing goes. But I really don't care about size when It comes to Matt Barkley. What I actually care about Is that he's from USC. So he's pretty much destined to be a Bust, along with the other QB's that have come out of USC and failed miserably.

    Which Is why I think the Browns should draft Logan Thomas out of Virgina Tech In the 2013 draft. Love the size he brings to the pocket, and I love the fact that he's not from USC. And even though I've never seen him play, I can only imagine how good his arm really Is, because most big QB's do have one hell of a arm, (Big Ben, Newton, Flacco) so I would imagine Thomas would to, and I would also imagine that he actually knows how to use It, seeing that he's on Mel Kiper's top 5 2013 draft prospects listed at #2.

    But of course Barkley Is going to be #1, he's overrated. But besides the whole QB thing, I think the Browns should just use the rest of the draft on a receiver and some Linebackers and Corners. Maybe a Tight End to but who knows.

    @bad-dawg said:

    If we keep playing the way we are now, then I can see us atleast getting the #2 pick In the 2013 Draft. Although I won't be suprised If we land at #1, and I also won't mind It seeing that It will give us more options. But lets face It, after this year, we will probably be drafting ANOTHER QB. Which Is sad on my end, I wasn't really all for the Weeden pick either, but things happen.

    Anyways, I was doing some research on Thomas, (Mainly because he's listed at #2 on Mel's Top 5 for the 2013 Draft) and I found that he's actually a pretty big dude. He weighs 260 lbs and Is 6'6, which Is pretty damn big. Barkley Is around 6'2 at 230 so I don't think he would have any problems In the pocket, as far as seeing goes. But I really don't care about size when It comes to Matt Barkley. What I actually care about Is that he's from USC. So he's pretty much destined to be a Bust, along with the other QB's that have come out of USC and failed miserably.

    Which Is why I think the Browns should draft Logan Thomas out of Virgina Tech In the 2013 draft. Love the size he brings to the pocket, and I love the fact that he's not from USC. And even though I've never seen him play, I can only imagine how good his arm really Is, because most big QB's do have one hell of a arm, (Big Ben, Newton, Flacco) so I would imagine Thomas would to, and I would also imagine that he actually knows how to use It, seeing that he's on Mel Kiper's top 5 2013 draft prospects listed at #2.

    But of course Barkley Is going to be #1, he's overrated. But besides the whole QB thing, I think the Browns should just use the rest of the draft on a receiver and some Linebackers and Corners. Maybe a Tight End to but who knows.

    ummm...neither?

    first, Logan thomas has looked horrible this year. Just dreadful. Was terrible for three quarters against georgia tech and then played one of the worst games I've ever seen a qb play against Pitt. Although logan thomas is big, he really doesn't have a cannon arm. And calling his accuracy questionable is generous. I'd be shocked if kiper keeps him so high after he progresses through the season after those early performances. Also, when thomas did have some success last year recievers were literally open by 5 yards....

    As for barkley, he's not 6'2. he's more like 6'0. I think barkley's talent as a good nfl starting qb is very questionable.

  • If we by some amazing chance get the 1st over all pick in the draft, would you take Geno Smith or trade out of it?

  • If we by some amazing chance get the 1st over all pick in the draft, would you take Geno Smith or trade out of it?

    @cambridgeho said:

    If we by some amazing chance get the 1st over all pick in the draft, would you take Geno Smith or trade out of it?

    I would take Geno Smith..easily.

    Especially since the #1 pick won't be worth that much this year seeing as there are no Andrew Luck's or RG3's. We should take our QB and go from there.

  • If we by some amazing chance get the 1st over all pick in the draft, would you take Geno Smith or trade out of it?

    @cambridgeho said:

    If we by some amazing chance get the 1st over all pick in the draft, would you take Geno Smith or trade out of it?

    trade down to 2 or 3, and get another first or get that 2nd round pick back.. I take Robert Woods, these WR will drop passes from Smith just as they did for McCoy and as they are doing for Weeden

  • Barkley reminds me of Colt. He has a noodle arm

  • @cambridgeho said:

    If we by some amazing chance get the 1st over all pick in the draft, would you take Geno Smith or trade out of it?

    trade down to 2 or 3, and get another first or get that 2nd round pick back.. I take Robert Woods, these WR will drop passes from Smith just as they did for McCoy and as they are doing for Weeden

    @b86b said:

    trade down to 2 or 3, and get another first or get that 2nd round pick back.. I take Robert Woods, these WR will drop passes from Smith just as they did for McCoy and as they are doing for Weeden

    Woods isnt even the best best wr in the draft. If you do trade down, you take Justin Hunter. I also would throw up a bit if we pass on Geno when we missed on RG3 last year.

  • Justin Hunter is easily the best WR in this draft. And if we're not going QB I want us to go DE/OLB.

  • @b86b said:

    trade down to 2 or 3, and get another first or get that 2nd round pick back.. I take Robert Woods, these WR will drop passes from Smith just as they did for McCoy and as they are doing for Weeden

    Woods isnt even the best best wr in the draft. If you do trade down, you take Justin Hunter. I also would throw up a bit if we pass on Geno when we missed on RG3 last year.

    @cambridgeho said:

    Woods isnt even the best best wr in the draft. If you do trade down, you take Justin Hunter. I also would throw up a bit if we pass on Geno when we missed on RG3 last year.

    Hunter has a problem catching the ball, PASS!!!! Need someone who can actually catch the ball on this team

  • @cambridgeho said:

    Woods isnt even the best best wr in the draft. If you do trade down, you take Justin Hunter. I also would throw up a bit if we pass on Geno when we missed on RG3 last year.

    Hunter has a problem catching the ball, PASS!!!! Need someone who can actually catch the ball on this team

    @b86b said:

    Hunter has a problem catching the ball, PASS!!!! Need someone who can actually catch the ball on this team

    There's a TE on some junior college who has never dropped a pass.

    We should totally pick him up.

  • The Hell with all this talk of drafting a WR. If the Browns did have the first pick...I would try to make an RGIII/Redskins like deal. Let someone take Geno Smith (BW3 has proven to me that he can be a star in this league)...and get DEFENSE.

    Did you see that game yesterday? We need 2-3 first round quality DBs and LBs to make this defense decent.

  • no you pick this guy. the white Rglll. bigger stronger and wouldn't fold like a lawn chair like rgIII did yesterday with a minimal sideline hit. and he's not 38 years old.

    someone's new franchise qb next year. why not ours?

  • no you pick this guy. the white Rglll. bigger stronger and wouldn't fold like a lawn chair like rgIII did yesterday with a minimal sideline hit. and he's not 38 years old.

    someone's new franchise qb next year. why not ours?

    @miktoxic said:

    no you pick this guy. the white Rglll. bigger stronger and wouldn't fold like a lawn chair like rgIII did yesterday with a minimal sideline hit. and he's not 38 years old.

    someone's new franchise qb next year. why not ours?

    [/quote

    Looks alot like Tebow...Hes playing at a pretty high level this year for K-State i dont see how he cant be the #2 favorite to win the Heisman right now behind Geno Smith...