Skip to content

Last Play Jump Balls

The Browns Board
8 5 635
  • I can never seem to fathom the Jump balls in the majority of last play's, in the Ravens game I kept wondering why not have TR in instead of Ogbonnaya, and dump the ball off to TR 10 yds out clear space and probably only one DB to beat, likely not even the best DB as they will be concentrating on jump ball in back of endzone.

    RavensLastplay3.jpg

    RavensLastplay4.jpg

    Just seems like all Shurmurs play calling very Vanilla, get some more excitement into things,or maybe I am just being to critical who knows.

  • When you start complaining about the jump ball hail mary calling it vanilla then you are just fishing for things to complain about.It is the play that EVERYONE uses in the NFL when you have one play left. EVERY ONE! So you want him to dump it off to TR and let him try to get it in the end zone when all but 2 defenders are standing in the endzone waiting for him? There is a reason no one does that and it's because no one is going to be able to clear the line when 9 defenders run out of the endzone to stop them. The best chance is to throw it into the endzone where your WR are and hope they somehow come down with it.

  • I would of rather have seen a skinny post jump ball up the hash marks (a la Young to Owens) than the same exact play we ran the previous down.

    It's not like we were at the 50 tossing up a hail mary.

    But oh well, water under the bridge.

  • I would of rather have seen a skinny post jump ball up the hash marks (a la Young to Owens) than the same exact play we ran the previous down.

    It's not like we were at the 50 tossing up a hail mary.

    But oh well, water under the bridge.

    @badnewsbrowns said:

    I would of rather have seen a skinny post jump ball up the hash marks (a la Young to Owens) than the same exact play we ran the previous down.

    It's not like we were at the 50 tossing up a hail mary.

    But oh well, water under the bridge.

    Yes that's I guess what is annoying me a little is the fact we were at the 25yd line or so, and are just throwing it up for grabs rather than running normal planned route. What I was trying to say myself was with us looking like we were just going to run the same play, switch it up a lil and dump it of as I suggested. But as you say water under the bridge and move onto next Sunday. think just bored not got the Browns to watch Sunday afternoon.

  • It's funny because even the announcer says " Now Cleveland can open up their entire playbook" and they run the same play. 🙄

  • just a simple hook and ladder would have made me feel that he enjoys playing the game

  • It's funny because even the announcer says " Now Cleveland can open up their entire playbook" and they run the same play. 🙄

    @badnewsbrowns said:

    It's funny because even the announcer says " Now Cleveland can open up their entire playbook" and they run the same play. 🙄

    Those announcers are stupid. How can you open up your whole playbook when the defense literally has 9 guys standing in the endzone waiting. You still need to call a play where your guy is catching it IN the endzone and not out of it. You only have this one play to score. That severely limits your playbook from "everything" to "everyone get your ass into the endzone".

  • After we got the penalty to move up to the 25, I thought, with Weeden's arm you scrap the jump ball and rifle in a crossing route into single coverage. I thought that was an opportunity ... but we (over) threw a jump ball to the back of the end zone. The pass to Norwood was the best play we called and I would have gone back to something similar while sending decoys to the back of the end zone.

    Zombo