Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. The Browns Board
  3. Browns-Giants Thread

Browns-Giants Thread

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved The Browns Board
12 Posts 9 Posters 1.1k Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • DanInNYC D
    • 127 Posts
    • 10 Reputation
    D DanInNYC wrote on last edited by
    #1

    I am excited for the game this weekend and the opportunity to rub a Browns win into the noses of my fellow New Yorkers. It will be a tough game and the Giants are a 9 point favorite at home as of right now. That being said, the Giants team is overhyped in my opinion (they snuck into the playoffs last year). They are 2-2 but their two victories are against a couple of 1-3 teams, and their losses are against Philly and the schizophrenic Cowboys. The G-Men rushing game is not very strong, and the real strength of their offense is the passing game. Luckily for the Browns, Hakeem Nicks probably won't play Sunday. This still means that the brunt of the load defensively will fall on our beleaguered secondary, though. Manning takes a lot of shots down field for big plays and will hit open receivers. On the other hand, I think that the Browns should be able to get some pressure on Eli due to the lackluster Giant offensive line. On the other side of the ball, the defensive line is the strength of the defense and they get a strong pass rush, but overall the defensive unit has not been great this year. They have been giving up a lot of rushing and passing yards per game and their strong safety Kenny Phillips hurt his knee last week and in all likelihood won't play.

    The Browns offensive line is going to have to really step it up to protect Weeden and create lanes for TRich against the Giants line and linebackers. We are going to have to score to have a chance in this game. The key match-up, to my mind, is how the Browns secondary contests the Giants receivers and Manning's passes. Getting pressure on the Giants' QB will definitely help our cause. Overall, I am pretty excited to see how the Browns fare against this team. If we don't get hit with a lot of big plays and penalties, I expect this game to be closer than some people think. Especially if our receivers catch the ball and our pass rush can disrupt Big Blue's passing attack.

    1 Reply Last reply
    Quote Reply
    • miktoxic miktoxicM
      • 13k Posts
      • 1k Reputation
      miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
      #2

      yeah, i'm going to be sitting knee deep in giant's fans on sunday. it would be great to pull off an upset.

      their running attack is about as pathetic as ours, even though i disagree with you in the fact that i think their OL does a lot better job in pass protection (seems like manning has all day back there). BUT as you mentioned their WRs are fast and they catch the ball.

      they are a 2 headed beast with their pass rush and they'll put a hurting on the old man if he can't get rid of the ball quick enough. this will be the biggest test of our OL year to date.

      too bad haden is still out under suspension cuz we could sure use him in this one. if we don't win at least it will give some of the other kids a bunch of playing experience inside a madhouse.

      i don't see it happening this year, us being the giant killers of years past but who knows, maybe little and TR will shine in the lights of the big city.

      1 Reply Last reply
      👍
      Quote Reply
      • Brown Skids B
        • 38 Posts
        • 1 Reputation
        B Brown Skids wrote on last edited by
        #3

        The Browns lately have had a history of upsetting some of the better teams in the NFL, like the Pats and Saints. Lets hope we can play spoiler this upcoming Sunday.

        1 Reply Last reply
        Quote Reply
        • DanInNYC D
          • 127 Posts
          • 10 Reputation
          D DanInNYC wrote on last edited by
          #4

          Actually, you are right that Manning gets a ton of time to throw the ball, but the only tough line that they have battled is the Eagles who held them to 19 points. I don't think our line is that caliber, but it should be able to get some heat on Eli. Also, their line is mediocre at best at run blocking. I am actually in Cleveland for two weddings so I am going to miss the game. Go figure and have fun at the game!

          1 Reply Last reply
          Quote Reply
          • Tour2ma Tour2maT In Memoriam Dedicated Conversation Starter Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done Very Popular
            • 30k Posts
            • 6k Reputation
            Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
            #5

            I refuse to answer until I see the prognostication of The Grate Zamboni...

            ... then I'll go the other way... 😉

            "When you have a shared vision it is a lot easier to make unpopular decisions." - Paul DePodesta "When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less." - Paul Brown Complete 2017 Browns Board Mock: http://thebrownsboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=46196
            Mark OM 1 Reply Last reply
            Quote Reply
            • Frenchie F Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
              • 605 Posts
              • 77 Reputation
              F Frenchie wrote on last edited by
              #6

              I just keep thinking that one day, this offence will have a break-out game. Weeden throws TD's, receivers catch first downs, line gives up no sacks, line blocks well and opens holes for Trent to gain 150 yards. Browns score often and net over 30 points.

              Maybe this Sunday?

              1 Reply Last reply
              👍
              Quote Reply
              • eric12401 E
                • 1 Posts
                • 1 Reputation
                E eric12401 wrote on last edited by
                #7

                As a Giants fan, I'm pretty nervous about this game. The Browns have been playing tough all season, and I believe their defense can give the Giants some problems. The run game will most likely go nowhere, so this will have to fall on Eli once again. And like people have said, they seem to pull the upsets at the most unlikely times. I can see this game going both ways, but since I'll be at the game, I'll gladly choose the Giants to win. Good luck guys and gals!

                1 Reply Last reply
                👍
                Quote Reply
                • Tour2maT Tour2ma

                  I refuse to answer until I see the prognostication of The Grate Zamboni...

                  ... then I'll go the other way... 😉

                  Mark O Mark OM Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                  • 6k Posts
                  • 1k Reputation
                  Mark OM Mark O wrote on last edited by
                  #8

                  @tour2ma said:

                  I refuse to answer until I see the prognostication of The Grate Zamboni...

                  ... then I'll go the other way... 😉

                  I'm gonna go way way out on a limb and predict that TGZ is going to pick the Browns to win this week.

                  I'm gonna guess he says the Browns win 20-16

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Quote Reply
                  • massbrownsfan massbrownsfanM
                    • 235 Posts
                    • 6 Reputation
                    massbrownsfanM massbrownsfan wrote on last edited by
                    #9

                    Browns upset I hope sp lets do it GO BROWNS!!

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Quote Reply
                    • Harry Buffalo Harry BuffaloH
                      • 3k Posts
                      • 241 Reputation
                      Harry BuffaloH Harry Buffalo wrote on last edited by
                      #10

                      T-Rich just had his third child. Got to feed those babies. 100+ yard rushing game.

                      Ruining threads since 1897.
                      miktoxicM 1 Reply Last reply
                      👍
                      Quote Reply
                      • DanInNYC D
                        • 127 Posts
                        • 10 Reputation
                        D DanInNYC wrote on last edited by
                        #11

                        I know that we have been missing some key players this year, but it looks like the Giants are more injury laden coming into this game than we are:

                        CBS Injury Report

                        Complete Injury Report

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Quote Reply
                        • Harry BuffaloH Harry Buffalo

                          T-Rich just had his third child. Got to feed those babies. 100+ yard rushing game.

                          miktoxic miktoxicM
                          • 13k Posts
                          • 1k Reputation
                          miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
                          #12

                          @harry-buffalo said:

                          T-Rich just had his third child. Got to feed those babies. 100+ yard rushing game.

                          wow. you actually said something funny for once. hilarious!

                          (btw TR, time to get that shit snipped).

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Quote Reply

                          Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                          Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                          With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                          Register Login
                          Reply
                          • Reply as topic
                          Log in to reply
                          • Oldest to Newest
                          • Newest to Oldest
                          • Most Votes


                          Theme
                          • System
                          • Light
                          • Dark
                          The Browns Board Terms Privacy

                          The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

                          • First post
                            Last post
                          0
                          • Forums
                          • Recent
                          • Popular
                          • Users
                          • Donate