Skip to content

Personal Responsibility?

Political Discussion
13 5 539
  • So I'm watching a piece with Rahm Emmanuel and the president of the beverage something or other touting a new program that encourages people to eat better, exercise more lose weight etc.

    Personal responsibility he says is the key to improving ones health and thereby saving the taxpayers money.

    He repeated the term personal responsibility probably a half dozen times at least.

    It seems like an okay program at first glance but it made me think about the way many of our friends on the left think that term is a dog whistle.

    Thoughts?

    WSS

  • eat a god damn vegetable

  • eat a god damn vegetable

    @mld-woody said:

    eat a god damn vegetable

    But what will I do with your clothes?

    😁

    WSS

  • this - following what he said in the face of the school teacher unions in Chicago to get back to work for the sake of the kids is making me think that he might be having a conversion

    towards a more middle conservative viewpoint? like another flip flopper we know?

    NAH... He is probably following his leftist manual of deception practices! the one Obama used to fake out the Illinios people....

  • Well, maybe I wasn't clear in the point I was trying to make.

    It seems like I get a raft of shite if I mention the words personal responsibility in conjunction with the welfare system.

    WSS

  • Well, maybe I wasn't clear in the point I was trying to make.

    It seems like I get a raft of shite if I mention the words personal responsibility in conjunction with the welfare system.

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    Well, maybe I wasn't clear in the point I was trying to make.

    It seems like I get a raft of shite if I mention the words personal responsibility in conjunction with the welfare system.

    WSS

    Well, I don't think one blanket solution works for everyone in the same way that not everyone that is on welfare is on it for the same reason. They aren't all lazy moochers but they also all aren't unlucky.

    Same way that not every fat person is fat because they are inactive and eat unhealthy. Though I would guess that is the decent majority of them...

  • @westside-steve said:

    Well, maybe I wasn't clear in the point I was trying to make.

    It seems like I get a raft of shite if I mention the words personal responsibility in conjunction with the welfare system.

    WSS

    Well, I don't think one blanket solution works for everyone in the same way that not everyone that is on welfare is on it for the same reason. They aren't all lazy moochers but they also all aren't unlucky.

    Same way that not every fat person is fat because they are inactive and eat unhealthy. Though I would guess that is the decent majority of them...

    @mld-woody said:

    Well, I don't think one blanket solution works for everyone in the same way that not everyone that is on welfare is on it for the same reason. They aren't all lazy moochers but they also all aren't unlucky.

    Same way that not every fat person is fat because they are inactive and eat unhealthy. Though I would guess that is the decent majority of them...

    I don't suppose you can remember me ever saying everyone on welfare was lazy or irresponsible?

    WSS

  • @mld-woody said:

    Well, I don't think one blanket solution works for everyone in the same way that not everyone that is on welfare is on it for the same reason. They aren't all lazy moochers but they also all aren't unlucky.

    Same way that not every fat person is fat because they are inactive and eat unhealthy. Though I would guess that is the decent majority of them...

    I don't suppose you can remember me ever saying everyone on welfare was lazy or irresponsible?

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    I don't suppose you can remember me ever saying everyone on welfare was lazy or irresponsible?

    WSS

    Maybe not you, but there are people on this board who do. Often, in these conversations, we tend to talk past each other and attack the extremes.

  • well I remember you talking about white folks ( in east cleveland?) on the dole and no reason to find work. just loving the time off?

    but that was on the racial aspect.... shoe on the other foot thing.

  • well I remember you talking about white folks ( in east cleveland?) on the dole and no reason to find work. just loving the time off?

    but that was on the racial aspect.... shoe on the other foot thing.

    @fairhooker11 said:

    well I remember you talking about white folks ( in east cleveland?) on the dole and no reason to find work. just loving the time off?

    but that was on the racial aspect.... shoe on the other foot thing.

    Yes I did. Actually the examples were in East Ohio, but yes that's how they are.

    And it's certainly not the case with every welfare recipient.

    But I know a lot of them and only a few who actually need it.

    One reason that sucks is that the ones who do need it get short changed.

    WSS

  • well I remember you talking about white folks ( in east cleveland?) on the dole and no reason to find work. just loving the time off?

    but that was on the racial aspect.... shoe on the other foot thing.

    @fairhooker11 said:

    well I remember you talking about white folks ( in east cleveland?) on the dole and no reason to find work. just loving the time off?

    but that was on the racial aspect.... shoe on the other foot thing.

    You could count the number of white people in East Cleveland on your right hand.😆

  • @fairhooker11 said:

    well I remember you talking about white folks ( in east cleveland?) on the dole and no reason to find work. just loving the time off?

    but that was on the racial aspect.... shoe on the other foot thing.

    You could count the number of white people in East Cleveland on your right hand.😆

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    You could count the number of white people in East Cleveland on your right hand.😆

    The, uh, left actually....

    😉

    WSS

  • I interned on St Claire

    cuz I'm hardcore.

    It was in Euclid though... Too East? Lol