Skip to content

Josh Gordon

The Browns Board
17 15 1.2k
  • been saying since we drafted him that he will become our number 1 by season's end and may become eliete next year if given the right opportunity next year

  • He certainly has been very impressive and seems worthy of the pick we gave up for him. Guy has better stats than some of the receivers taken in the real draft.

  • I think that for a second round pick he's been really good so far. Robo was a second rounder and where is he now? Gordon even has the luxury of getting a year up as we have him way early. So there is gonna be a big and vast difference from what Gordon will present as an offensive weapon next year compared to what any other round 2 WR would present for us. I love the kid but why is his picture so red on the line-up presentation?

  • No way to know, we honestly can't judge him until we see how defenses adjust to him.

  • Josh has cleaned up his life by stopping the weed smoking. Now he is clean and smoking secondaries and catching Weeden throws.

  • Yeah I think Gordon already has more touchdowns than Robiskie did his whole 3 years here. Well this is awkward...

  • look, I LOVE it... but if he drops an easily catchable ball because he one hands it, sorry we are screaming for his ass!!!!

  • josh gordon IS the real deal and we got him for a steal.

    he just exudes greatness. like i said in an earlier post....lightning in a bottle. people bitch about the draft when we didn't pick julio jones. well by next year they'll be no more talk of that.

  • josh gordon IS the real deal and we got him for a steal.

    he just exudes greatness. like i said in an earlier post....lightning in a bottle. people bitch about the draft when we didn't pick julio jones. well by next year they'll be no more talk of that.

    @miktoxic said:

    josh gordon IS the real deal and we got him for a steal.

    he just exudes greatness. like i said in an earlier post....lightning in a bottle. people bitch about the draft when we didn't pick julio jones. well by next year they'll be no more talk of that.

    I kind of agree with you on this. That kid can fly!!! That 70 yrd td yesterday, Gordon was in cruise control, realized he needed to turn on the afterburner, and almost instantly those db's were scorched by him.

    33% percent of his receptions are for 6 points...so far.

  • @miktoxic said:

    josh gordon IS the real deal and we got him for a steal.

    he just exudes greatness. like i said in an earlier post....lightning in a bottle. people bitch about the draft when we didn't pick julio jones. well by next year they'll be no more talk of that.

    I kind of agree with you on this. That kid can fly!!! That 70 yrd td yesterday, Gordon was in cruise control, realized he needed to turn on the afterburner, and almost instantly those db's were scorched by him.

    33% percent of his receptions are for 6 points...so far.

    @naplesbrowns420 said:

    I kind of agree with you on this. That kid can fly!!! That 70 yrd td yesterday, Gordon was in cruise control, realized he needed to turn on the afterburner, and almost instantly those db's were scorched by him.

    33% percent of his receptions are for 6 points...so far.

    clearly, I loved that 70 yarder... great throw and catch... ... but why one hand?... I can't stop thinking that the posts would have a whole different tone here today if he drops that ball... who is he Willie Mays?

  • I think he needed to extend a little more to get there. I saw a picture of it. If he reached with two hands I'm not so sure he would have gotten to it.

  • josh gordon IS the real deal and we got him for a steal.

    he just exudes greatness. like i said in an earlier post....lightning in a bottle. people bitch about the draft when we didn't pick julio jones. well by next year they'll be no more talk of that.

    @miktoxic said:

    josh gordon IS the real deal and we got him for a steal.

    he just exudes greatness. like i said in an earlier post....lightning in a bottle. people bitch about the draft when we didn't pick julio jones. well by next year they'll be no more talk of that.

    I hate to say it, but finding great receivers shouldn't be that hard. Yup, Gordon sure looks like the real deal- so far. BUT teams now have some tape on him, and will certainly start planning to take away what he does best.

    This won't be that huge an issue if other teams start doubling him- IF Greg Little can learn to hold onto the damn ball. Size wise Little is a mismatch against almost any defensive player one on one. & Don't forget we should have the other rocket- Travis Benjamin back for the Indy game. Remains to be seen if Shurmur is smart enough to figure out he now has enough weapons to stretch the field vertically. Patsy save his job with that win against the Bungles- at least temporarily.

  • @miktoxic said:

    josh gordon IS the real deal and we got him for a steal.

    he just exudes greatness. like i said in an earlier post....lightning in a bottle. people bitch about the draft when we didn't pick julio jones. well by next year they'll be no more talk of that.

    I hate to say it, but finding great receivers shouldn't be that hard. Yup, Gordon sure looks like the real deal- so far. BUT teams now have some tape on him, and will certainly start planning to take away what he does best.

    This won't be that huge an issue if other teams start doubling him- IF Greg Little can learn to hold onto the damn ball. Size wise Little is a mismatch against almost any defensive player one on one. & Don't forget we should have the other rocket- Travis Benjamin back for the Indy game. Remains to be seen if Shurmur is smart enough to figure out he now has enough weapons to stretch the field vertically. Patsy save his job with that win against the Bungles- at least temporarily.

    @hoorta said:

    I hate to say it, but finding great receivers shouldn't be that hard. Yup, Gordon sure looks like the real deal- so far. BUT teams now have some tape on him, and will certainly start planning to take away what he does best.

    This won't be that huge an issue if other teams start doubling him- IF Greg Little can learn to hold onto the damn ball. Size wise Little is a mismatch against almost any defensive player one on one. & Don't forget we should have the other rocket- Travis Benjamin back for the Indy game. Remains to be seen if Shurmur is smart enough to figure out he now has enough weapons to stretch the field vertically. Patsy save his job with that win against the Bungles- at least temporarily.

    I can't believe Little has regressed so much since last year. It's depressing.

  • I think Little needs a big game in the worst way, i mean he can be solid and it seems as though he just lost his confidence...hes gotta settle into a groove out there and he can be a short range beast in the passing game. But at the same time if he doesnt turn it around this year we gotta look elsewhere in the offseason because hes been painful to watch lol

  • Gordon I feel can be a big-time player for us. He has everything that the elite WRs have. Size, speed, athleticism. It's just polishing it all up, which is the difficult part. I think he will get there and put up the type of numbers Braylon did in '07 year after year, without the drops.

    I dont think Little has regressed at all. He hasnt progressed any though, which is disappointing. I agree that he needs to have a big game, or a big play or two. He is a phenomenal talent, but I think he has mental issues going on right now. Weeden is also a harder thrower than Colt was last year, by a lot.

    What's the saying, Hard work beats talent, when talent doesnt work hard. Not saying he isnt putting in the work, but maybe he needs to work harder and push himself.

  • Little has not regressed, people judging Little as legit in 2011 simply because he was the only option on a horrible offense are shortsighted at best.

    Catching 61 balls when you've had 100+ thrown your way does not make you good.

    That being said,as much as I've enjoyed shitting on Little this season I think he deserves more time.

    If Gordon can account for a corner and a safety shadowing him deep; Benjamin establishing himself as a guy who can make big plays in space and a deep threat, then I think Little can find his niche catching high % balls in the 3-5 range in 1 on 1 situations where he can use his size to get yac.

    Not only is Gordon making plays being about as raw as a rookie one can get, he has also shown some pretty nice hands.

    At this point I'm almost in disbelief that this guy could possibly be the real deal.

    As the poster above said only time will tell when defenses start accounting for him but that's a two sided coin as once they do it should give some other guys more breathing room.