Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. The Browns Board
  3. What A Memory!

What A Memory!

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved The Browns Board
4 Posts 4 Posters 422 Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • Canton Mike Canton MikeC
    • 4k Posts
    • 2k Reputation
    Canton MikeC Canton Mike wrote on last edited by
    #1

    Late Saturday, I got a call from a close friend offering me 2 tickets to the Browns/Bengals' game. When he asked me who I would take, my response was immediate.....my 5 year old Grandson & namesake, Michael!

    Our day...

    -Gourmet breakfast at McDonalds

    -Kohls for a kid size Browns' hoodie & Trent Richardson Jersey

    -To Brookpark to pick the tickets up

    -Brief tailgate with Daughter & Son in law who have season tics

    -Walk to the game while answering countless questions & having countless Fans high-fiving Michael (that continued ALL day!)

    -Explore the stadium, then on to our seats...Row 6, section 117....in the HEART of it all!!!

    -Out to get our nachos, peanuts, & water...only left his seat after that to go to the top level at halftime & walk back down

    -Watched a WONDERFUL Browns' win..Thanks also to those Fans around us for helping to enhance his special day

    -Finished the day with his sleeping until we hit Canton, then a gourmet dinner at "guess where?"...Yep, Mccy Ds!

    He told his Mom & Dad he had the "funnest day in my whole, entire life!" I could say the same for me. It doesn't get any better

    I am 65 & still recall my 1st game..it was a Tribe game to see my favorite, Larry Doby. I hope his memory is as vivid.

    It was a great game & IMHO, Michael was the "Good Luck Charm".

    Mike

    IN DORSEY I TRUST
    R Z ballpeenB 3 Replies Last reply
    👍
    Quote Reply
    • Canton MikeC Canton Mike

      Late Saturday, I got a call from a close friend offering me 2 tickets to the Browns/Bengals' game. When he asked me who I would take, my response was immediate.....my 5 year old Grandson & namesake, Michael!

      Our day...

      -Gourmet breakfast at McDonalds

      -Kohls for a kid size Browns' hoodie & Trent Richardson Jersey

      -To Brookpark to pick the tickets up

      -Brief tailgate with Daughter & Son in law who have season tics

      -Walk to the game while answering countless questions & having countless Fans high-fiving Michael (that continued ALL day!)

      -Explore the stadium, then on to our seats...Row 6, section 117....in the HEART of it all!!!

      -Out to get our nachos, peanuts, & water...only left his seat after that to go to the top level at halftime & walk back down

      -Watched a WONDERFUL Browns' win..Thanks also to those Fans around us for helping to enhance his special day

      -Finished the day with his sleeping until we hit Canton, then a gourmet dinner at "guess where?"...Yep, Mccy Ds!

      He told his Mom & Dad he had the "funnest day in my whole, entire life!" I could say the same for me. It doesn't get any better

      I am 65 & still recall my 1st game..it was a Tribe game to see my favorite, Larry Doby. I hope his memory is as vivid.

      It was a great game & IMHO, Michael was the "Good Luck Charm".

      Mike

      roach R One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
      • 1k Posts
      • 80 Reputation
      R roach wrote on last edited by
      #2

      @canton-mike said:

      Late Saturday, I got a call from a close friend offering me 2 tickets to the Browns/Bengals' game. When he asked me who I would take, my response was immediate.....my 5 year old Grandson & namesake, Michael!

      Our day...

      -Gourmet breakfast at McDonalds

      -Kohls for a kid size Browns' hoodie & Trent Richardson Jersey

      -To Brookpark to pick the tickets up

      -Brief tailgate with Daughter & Son in law who have season tics

      -Walk to the game while answering countless questions & having countless Fans high-fiving Michael (that continued ALL day!)

      -Explore the stadium, then on to our seats...Row 6, section 117....in the HEART of it all!!!

      -Out to get our nachos, peanuts, & water...only left his seat after that to go to the top level at halftime & walk back down

      -Watched a WONDERFUL Browns' win..Thanks also to those Fans around us for helping to enhance his special day

      -Finished the day with his sleeping until we hit Canton, then a gourmet dinner at "guess where?"...Yep, Mccy Ds!

      He told his Mom & Dad he had the "funnest day in my whole, entire life!" I could say the same for me. It doesn't get any better

      I am 65 & still recall my 1st game..it was a Tribe game to see my favorite, Larry Doby. I hope his memory is as vivid.

      It was a great game & IMHO, Michael was the "Good Luck Charm".

      Mike

      Great story. i hope there are many more wins for the two of you to witness together.

      1 Reply Last reply
      Quote Reply
      • Canton MikeC Canton Mike

        Late Saturday, I got a call from a close friend offering me 2 tickets to the Browns/Bengals' game. When he asked me who I would take, my response was immediate.....my 5 year old Grandson & namesake, Michael!

        Our day...

        -Gourmet breakfast at McDonalds

        -Kohls for a kid size Browns' hoodie & Trent Richardson Jersey

        -To Brookpark to pick the tickets up

        -Brief tailgate with Daughter & Son in law who have season tics

        -Walk to the game while answering countless questions & having countless Fans high-fiving Michael (that continued ALL day!)

        -Explore the stadium, then on to our seats...Row 6, section 117....in the HEART of it all!!!

        -Out to get our nachos, peanuts, & water...only left his seat after that to go to the top level at halftime & walk back down

        -Watched a WONDERFUL Browns' win..Thanks also to those Fans around us for helping to enhance his special day

        -Finished the day with his sleeping until we hit Canton, then a gourmet dinner at "guess where?"...Yep, Mccy Ds!

        He told his Mom & Dad he had the "funnest day in my whole, entire life!" I could say the same for me. It doesn't get any better

        I am 65 & still recall my 1st game..it was a Tribe game to see my favorite, Larry Doby. I hope his memory is as vivid.

        It was a great game & IMHO, Michael was the "Good Luck Charm".

        Mike

        Zombo Z
        • 8k Posts
        • 0 Reputation
        Z Zombo wrote on last edited by
        #3

        @canton-mike said:

        Late Saturday, I got a call from a close friend offering me 2 tickets to the Browns/Bengals' game. When he asked me who I would take, my response was immediate.....my 5 year old Grandson & namesake, Michael!

        Our day...

        -Gourmet breakfast at McDonalds

        -Kohls for a kid size Browns' hoodie & Trent Richardson Jersey

        -To Brookpark to pick the tickets up

        -Brief tailgate with Daughter & Son in law who have season tics

        -Walk to the game while answering countless questions & having countless Fans high-fiving Michael (that continued ALL day!)

        -Explore the stadium, then on to our seats...Row 6, section 117....in the HEART of it all!!!

        -Out to get our nachos, peanuts, & water...only left his seat after that to go to the top level at halftime & walk back down

        -Watched a WONDERFUL Browns' win..Thanks also to those Fans around us for helping to enhance his special day

        -Finished the day with his sleeping until we hit Canton, then a gourmet dinner at "guess where?"...Yep, Mccy Ds!

        He told his Mom & Dad he had the "funnest day in my whole, entire life!" I could say the same for me. It doesn't get any better

        I am 65 & still recall my 1st game..it was a Tribe game to see my favorite, Larry Doby. I hope his memory is as vivid.

        It was a great game & IMHO, Michael was the "Good Luck Charm".

        Mike

        Perfect day! Thanks for sharing...

        Zombo

        1 Reply Last reply
        Quote Reply
        • Canton MikeC Canton Mike

          Late Saturday, I got a call from a close friend offering me 2 tickets to the Browns/Bengals' game. When he asked me who I would take, my response was immediate.....my 5 year old Grandson & namesake, Michael!

          Our day...

          -Gourmet breakfast at McDonalds

          -Kohls for a kid size Browns' hoodie & Trent Richardson Jersey

          -To Brookpark to pick the tickets up

          -Brief tailgate with Daughter & Son in law who have season tics

          -Walk to the game while answering countless questions & having countless Fans high-fiving Michael (that continued ALL day!)

          -Explore the stadium, then on to our seats...Row 6, section 117....in the HEART of it all!!!

          -Out to get our nachos, peanuts, & water...only left his seat after that to go to the top level at halftime & walk back down

          -Watched a WONDERFUL Browns' win..Thanks also to those Fans around us for helping to enhance his special day

          -Finished the day with his sleeping until we hit Canton, then a gourmet dinner at "guess where?"...Yep, Mccy Ds!

          He told his Mom & Dad he had the "funnest day in my whole, entire life!" I could say the same for me. It doesn't get any better

          I am 65 & still recall my 1st game..it was a Tribe game to see my favorite, Larry Doby. I hope his memory is as vivid.

          It was a great game & IMHO, Michael was the "Good Luck Charm".

          Mike

          ballpeen ballpeenB Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
          • 9k Posts
          • 2k Reputation
          ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by
          #4

          @canton-mike said:

          Late Saturday, I got a call from a close friend offering me 2 tickets to the Browns/Bengals' game. When he asked me who I would take, my response was immediate.....my 5 year old Grandson & namesake, Michael!

          Our day...

          -Gourmet breakfast at McDonalds

          -Kohls for a kid size Browns' hoodie & Trent Richardson Jersey

          -To Brookpark to pick the tickets up

          -Brief tailgate with Daughter & Son in law who have season tics

          -Walk to the game while answering countless questions & having countless Fans high-fiving Michael (that continued ALL day!)

          -Explore the stadium, then on to our seats...Row 6, section 117....in the HEART of it all!!!

          -Out to get our nachos, peanuts, & water...only left his seat after that to go to the top level at halftime & walk back down

          -Watched a WONDERFUL Browns' win..Thanks also to those Fans around us for helping to enhance his special day

          -Finished the day with his sleeping until we hit Canton, then a gourmet dinner at "guess where?"...Yep, Mccy Ds!

          He told his Mom & Dad he had the "funnest day in my whole, entire life!" I could say the same for me. It doesn't get any better

          I am 65 & still recall my 1st game..it was a Tribe game to see my favorite, Larry Doby. I hope his memory is as vivid.

          It was a great game & IMHO, Michael was the "Good Luck Charm".

          Mike

          That's what it's all about.

          If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.
          1 Reply Last reply
          Quote Reply

          Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

          Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

          With your input, this post could be even better 💗

          Register Login
          Reply
          • Reply as topic
          Log in to reply
          • Oldest to Newest
          • Newest to Oldest
          • Most Votes


          Theme
          • System
          • Light
          • Dark
          The Browns Board Terms Privacy

          The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

          • First post
            Last post
          0
          • Forums
          • Recent
          • Popular
          • Users
          • Donate