Shurmer
-
I mean, apparently I should be some hotheaded asshole who calls anyone who disagrees with me a troll or an idiot. Then I'll fit in just fine.
I have my argument in this thread, argue against me if you truly oppose my sentiments. If not, then I guess you can have fun calling me stupid or ignorant.
In my time on this board it seems you disagree with everything I say no matter the subject, I feel like you do it for the sport of arguing. Like in the Martin v Richardson thread, your 'argument' was pointless. I was just saying that even if one RB has a few more TD's than the other doesn't mean he is more effective than the RB with less TD's.
I guess if it makes you feel good to only be a dickhead, go for it, but you haven't trumped me in any debate we've had. You just post in this condescending manner and act like you're better than me. I played football as a kid and all the way through high-school, and I watch football at every level to this day. I am confident in my knowledge of this game.
I would like to know what your future in this game is, as it is concrete in your head you will have a job in this field.
I mean, apparently I should be some hotheaded asshole who calls anyone who disagrees with me a troll or an idiot. Then I'll fit in just fine.
I have my argument in this thread, argue against me if you truly oppose my sentiments. If not, then I guess you can have fun calling me stupid or ignorant.
In my time on this board it seems you disagree with everything I say no matter the subject, I feel like you do it for the sport of arguing. Like in the Martin v Richardson thread, your 'argument' was pointless. I was just saying that even if one RB has a few more TD's than the other doesn't mean he is more effective than the RB with less TD's.
I guess if it makes you feel good to only be a dickhead, go for it, but you haven't trumped me in any debate we've had. You just post in this condescending manner and act like you're better than me. I played football as a kid and all the way through high-school, and I watch football at every level to this day. I am confident in my knowledge of this game.
I would like to know what your future in this game is, as it is concrete in your head you will have a job in this field.
Blah blah blah blah blah....... The defense was acceptable today.
The offense scored a TD. That should be all that is needed to win a real football game. Today it was.
We scored a TD and the defense played well. Those weeks are so rare. I'm going to enjoy it.
-
Please elaborate, you're saying in any game 1 TD is all that is needed to win?
It was today, but no defense is ever going to hold every team to 6 points a game.
-
I mean, apparently I should be some hotheaded asshole who calls anyone who disagrees with me a troll or an idiot. Then I'll fit in just fine.
I have my argument in this thread, argue against me if you truly oppose my sentiments. If not, then I guess you can have fun calling me stupid or ignorant.
In my time on this board it seems you disagree with everything I say no matter the subject, I feel like you do it for the sport of arguing. Like in the Martin v Richardson thread, your 'argument' was pointless. I was just saying that even if one RB has a few more TD's than the other doesn't mean he is more effective than the RB with less TD's.
I guess if it makes you feel good to only be a dickhead, go for it, but you haven't trumped me in any debate we've had. You just post in this condescending manner and act like you're better than me. I played football as a kid and all the way through high-school, and I watch football at every level to this day. I am confident in my knowledge of this game.
I would like to know what your future in this game is, as it is concrete in your head you will have a job in this field.
I mean, apparently I should be some hotheaded asshole who calls anyone who disagrees with me a troll or an idiot. Then I'll fit in just fine.
I have my argument in this thread, argue against me if you truly oppose my sentiments. If not, then I guess you can have fun calling me stupid or ignorant.
In my time on this board it seems you disagree with everything I say no matter the subject, I feel like you do it for the sport of arguing. Like in the Martin v Richardson thread, your 'argument' was pointless. I was just saying that even if one RB has a few more TD's than the other doesn't mean he is more effective than the RB with less TD's.
I guess if it makes you feel good to only be a dickhead, go for it, but you haven't trumped me in any debate we've had. You just post in this condescending manner and act like you're better than me. I played football as a kid and all the way through high-school, and I watch football at every level to this day. I am confident in my knowledge of this game.
I would like to know what your future in this game is, as it is concrete in your head you will have a job in this field.
Congratulations. I didn't realize that playing pee-wee football gives you carte blanche to post stupid shit.
For the record, I don't agree with Shurmur's playcalling. I don't agree with most of his decisions. For that, we agree.
Where we disagree is on today's game. Wins like this do lead to more wins. You have to learn how to win the close games before you can win the blowouts. A win like this means a hell of a lot more than a 35-0 blowout, because it was a one-possession game the entire time. That means the team has to play until the final whistle, unlike in a blowout where you can pack it in and play safe.
There's a difference between not being happy with a performance, and being upset with it. The greats are never happy, because happiness leads to complacency and complacency leads to losses.
But, for the team we currently have, this win means a lot. You can bet there is nobody in the front office or on the field that is upset with today.
There was no argument in the Martin v. Richardson thread. It was a statement of fact. RB's who score contribute more directly to offensive production than those that don't. You can't quantify the effect of a play-fake as you can a TD. So, statistically, a RB who does score more TD's is more effective than one who doesn't. If you want to get into a discussion of the intangible effects of playcalling, I'm all for it. But don't try to weasel that discussion into one of the statistical production of two first round rookie runningbacks.
And for the record, many of the people here played football through high school. And many of us played through college. And some of us still DO play college ball, at a Division 1 school, as well as coach. And at least one of us have an internship with the Atlanta Falcons starting on May 8, 2013. But I don't know who that person is...
-
I'm sure a lot of these guys did/do play football. But I read what they post and nearly all of them in this thread refuse to respond to stats/facts or even post them themselves.
And any win is a meaningful win, and you can always build off of wins. My argument is simply that this team can't be satisfied with their performance, and this isn't the type of game where we grinded it out and held our ground. We were bent to the point of breaking and San Diego simply refused to break us. That is not something to be proud of.
That's cool, seriously, it's awesome you earned that opportunity. But a word of advice you probably won't take, you should probably avoid being a snide, cocky bastard.
-
I mean, apparently I should be some hotheaded asshole who calls anyone who disagrees with me a troll or an idiot. Then I'll fit in just fine.
I have my argument in this thread, argue against me if you truly oppose my sentiments. If not, then I guess you can have fun calling me stupid or ignorant.
In my time on this board it seems you disagree with everything I say no matter the subject, I feel like you do it for the sport of arguing. Like in the Martin v Richardson thread, your 'argument' was pointless. I was just saying that even if one RB has a few more TD's than the other doesn't mean he is more effective than the RB with less TD's.
I guess if it makes you feel good to only be a dickhead, go for it, but you haven't trumped me in any debate we've had. You just post in this condescending manner and act like you're better than me. I played football as a kid and all the way through high-school, and I watch football at every level to this day. I am confident in my knowledge of this game.
I would like to know what your future in this game is, as it is concrete in your head you will have a job in this field.
Congratulations. I didn't realize that playing pee-wee football gives you carte blanche to post stupid shit.
For the record, I don't agree with Shurmur's playcalling. I don't agree with most of his decisions. For that, we agree.
Where we disagree is on today's game. Wins like this do lead to more wins. You have to learn how to win the close games before you can win the blowouts. A win like this means a hell of a lot more than a 35-0 blowout, because it was a one-possession game the entire time. That means the team has to play until the final whistle, unlike in a blowout where you can pack it in and play safe.
There's a difference between not being happy with a performance, and being upset with it. The greats are never happy, because happiness leads to complacency and complacency leads to losses.
But, for the team we currently have, this win means a lot. You can bet there is nobody in the front office or on the field that is upset with today.
There was no argument in the Martin v. Richardson thread. It was a statement of fact. RB's who score contribute more directly to offensive production than those that don't. You can't quantify the effect of a play-fake as you can a TD. So, statistically, a RB who does score more TD's is more effective than one who doesn't. If you want to get into a discussion of the intangible effects of playcalling, I'm all for it. But don't try to weasel that discussion into one of the statistical production of two first round rookie runningbacks.
And for the record, many of the people here played football through high school. And many of us played through college. And some of us still DO play college ball, at a Division 1 school, as well as coach. And at least one of us have an internship with the Atlanta Falcons starting on May 8, 2013. But I don't know who that person is...
And for the record, many of the people here played football through high school. And many of us played through college. And some of us still DO play college ball, at a Division 1 school, as well as coach. And at least one of us have an internship with the Atlanta Falcons starting on May 8, 2013. But I don't know who that person is...
yeah but you also don't have to be a jock (the biggest assholes in school, and basically in life) to be a fan of a game. and one does not make another's opinion lesser in value, because of course they are just opinions. yes it might make you think because you played the game that someone who did not follow the same path as a jock did couldn't possibly know as much as them, in which case you're probably correct.
but who really gives a fuck if it's an opinion. i might think we should have drafted d. martin instead of TR. does that make me right in some way? i guess it would if TR flopped but there's no signs of that. we wouldn't have had to give up picks could have got a CB to tandem with haden, grabbed marting and packaged a deal to get one of those LBs.
just my opinion.
i didn't see any of the game today but it must of been some defensive battle with all of the super power offensive weapons on both teams.
i'll have to check the stats to see who threw more ints, rivers or weeds.
-
And for the record, many of the people here played football through high school. And many of us played through college. And some of us still DO play college ball, at a Division 1 school, as well as coach. And at least one of us have an internship with the Atlanta Falcons starting on May 8, 2013. But I don't know who that person is...
yeah but you also don't have to be a jock (the biggest assholes in school, and basically in life) to be a fan of a game. and one does not make another's opinion lesser in value, because of course they are just opinions. yes it might make you think because you played the game that someone who did not follow the same path as a jock did couldn't possibly know as much as them, in which case you're probably correct.
but who really gives a fuck if it's an opinion. i might think we should have drafted d. martin instead of TR. does that make me right in some way? i guess it would if TR flopped but there's no signs of that. we wouldn't have had to give up picks could have got a CB to tandem with haden, grabbed marting and packaged a deal to get one of those LBs.
just my opinion.
i didn't see any of the game today but it must of been some defensive battle with all of the super power offensive weapons on both teams.
i'll have to check the stats to see who threw more ints, rivers or weeds.
i didn't see any of the game today but it must of been some defensive battle with all of the super power offensive weapons on both teams.
i'll have to check the stats to see who threw more ints, rivers or weeds.
The stats will be ugly...Richardson had 122yds...Weeden not many more than that...30+mph winds, neither QB was great, lots of dropped passes on both sides. Neither QB threw an INT. Only turnover was Matthews from SD fumbled.
-
I'm sure a lot of these guys did/do play football. But I read what they post and nearly all of them in this thread refuse to respond to stats/facts or even post them themselves.
And any win is a meaningful win, and you can always build off of wins. My argument is simply that this team can't be satisfied with their performance, and this isn't the type of game where we grinded it out and held our ground. We were bent to the point of breaking and San Diego simply refused to break us. That is not something to be proud of.
That's cool, seriously, it's awesome you earned that opportunity. But a word of advice you probably won't take, you should probably avoid being a snide, cocky bastard.
I'm sure a lot of these guys did/do play football. But I read what they post and nearly all of them in this thread refuse to respond to stats/facts or even post them themselves.
And any win is a meaningful win, and you can always build off of wins. My argument is simply that this team can't be satisfied with their performance, and this isn't the type of game where we grinded it out and held our ground. We were bent to the point of breaking and San Diego simply refused to break us. That is not something to be proud of.
That's cool, seriously, it's awesome you earned that opportunity. But a word of advice you probably won't take, you should probably avoid being a snide, cocky bastard.
If I come across as an asshole on here, it's because I've grown tired of wading through the people who spew shit from their faces and call it fact who, in fact, know nothing about what they are talking about. So I have just lumped most people together in that category. I have respect for those who also are students of the game, and can back up what they say, as you have now shown.
You'll see that there are multitudes of water trash that come blowing through here claiming to be football geniuses and say nothing other than what they heard Mel Kiper or John Clayton fart out on a random Tuesday morning Sportscenter.
Partner that short fuse with my passion for the team, and it leads to an overly aggressive, cocky douchebag at (most) times.
I have respect for many on here, it just takes verbal fisticuffs for me to realize other people know shit too. Mik and I have had some epic back-and-forth's but I generally respect what he has to say because he's proven he's just as passionate as anyone else. Same goes for Tour, Ghoolie, and others.
Although I will admit Ghoolie is of a completely different breed.
yeah but you also don't have to be a jock (the biggest assholes in school, and basically in life) to be a fan of a game. and one does not make another's opinion lesser in value, because of course they are just opinions. yes it might make you think because you played the game that someone who did not follow the same path as a jock did couldn't possibly know as much as them, in which case you're probably correct.
but who really gives a fuck if it's an opinion. i might think we should have drafted d. martin instead of TR. does that make me right in some way? i guess it would if TR flopped but there's no signs of that. we wouldn't have had to give up picks could have got a CB to tandem with haden, grabbed marting and packaged a deal to get one of those LBs.
just my opinion.
i didn't see any of the game today but it must of been some defensive battle with all of the super power offensive weapons on both teams.
i'll have to check the stats to see who threw more ints, rivers or weeds.
No INT's on either side. It was a true AFCN game today.
For the record, I was quite against us getting Richardson up until a month or so after we drafted him. I just didn't see the value in moving up.
-
I'm sure a lot of these guys did/do play football. But I read what they post and nearly all of them in this thread refuse to respond to stats/facts or even post them themselves.
And any win is a meaningful win, and you can always build off of wins. My argument is simply that this team can't be satisfied with their performance, and this isn't the type of game where we grinded it out and held our ground. We were bent to the point of breaking and San Diego simply refused to break us. That is not something to be proud of.
That's cool, seriously, it's awesome you earned that opportunity. But a word of advice you probably won't take, you should probably avoid being a snide, cocky bastard.
If I come across as an asshole on here, it's because I've grown tired of wading through the people who spew shit from their faces and call it fact who, in fact, know nothing about what they are talking about. So I have just lumped most people together in that category. I have respect for those who also are students of the game, and can back up what they say, as you have now shown.
You'll see that there are multitudes of water trash that come blowing through here claiming to be football geniuses and say nothing other than what they heard Mel Kiper or John Clayton fart out on a random Tuesday morning Sportscenter.
Partner that short fuse with my passion for the team, and it leads to an overly aggressive, cocky douchebag at (most) times.
I have respect for many on here, it just takes verbal fisticuffs for me to realize other people know shit too. Mik and I have had some epic back-and-forth's but I generally respect what he has to say because he's proven he's just as passionate as anyone else. Same goes for Tour, Ghoolie, and others.
Although I will admit Ghoolie is of a completely different breed.
yeah but you also don't have to be a jock (the biggest assholes in school, and basically in life) to be a fan of a game. and one does not make another's opinion lesser in value, because of course they are just opinions. yes it might make you think because you played the game that someone who did not follow the same path as a jock did couldn't possibly know as much as them, in which case you're probably correct.
but who really gives a fuck if it's an opinion. i might think we should have drafted d. martin instead of TR. does that make me right in some way? i guess it would if TR flopped but there's no signs of that. we wouldn't have had to give up picks could have got a CB to tandem with haden, grabbed marting and packaged a deal to get one of those LBs.
just my opinion.
i didn't see any of the game today but it must of been some defensive battle with all of the super power offensive weapons on both teams.
i'll have to check the stats to see who threw more ints, rivers or weeds.
No INT's on either side. It was a true AFCN game today.
For the record, I was quite against us getting Richardson up until a month or so after we drafted him. I just didn't see the value in moving up.
Mik and I have had some epic back-and-forth's but I generally respect what he has to say because he's proven he's just as passionate as anyone else. Same goes for Tour, Ghoolie, and others.
Although I will admit Ghoolie is of a completely different breed.
yes true. and i usually end up agreeing with you.
btw: good luck with the ATL thing. maybe if you get the spot next time they come up to CBS we could come up with some type of contest for some swag.
and no WRRebel i'm not talkin about matty ice's jock.
-
Mik and I have had some epic back-and-forth's but I generally respect what he has to say because he's proven he's just as passionate as anyone else. Same goes for Tour, Ghoolie, and others.
Although I will admit Ghoolie is of a completely different breed.
yes true. and i usually end up agreeing with you.
btw: good luck with the ATL thing. maybe if you get the spot next time they come up to CBS we could come up with some type of contest for some swag.
and no WRRebel i'm not talkin about matty ice's jock.
yes true. and i usually end up agreeing with you.
btw: good luck with the ATL thing. maybe if you get the spot next time they come up to CBS we could come up with some type of contest for some swag.
and no WRRebel i'm not talkin about matty ice's jock.
Thanks.
Yeah, I'll definitely do something like that. This internship is in the marketing department so that could actually be an idea I'll present.
-
Dabs a fucking troll, so who gives a shit what he thinks. A win is a win.
Dabs a fucking troll, so who gives a shit what he thinks. A win is a win.
Yeah, a win is a win- and that could easily have been a loss. Shurmur calls for a reverse is crap weather- genius move. And give credit to (WHO) on the Chargers that did his best Greg Little imitation and dropped the game winning TD when he was wide open.
Shur-loss doesn't get an F grade for the game I give him a C-.
-
Please elaborate, you're saying in any game 1 TD is all that is needed to win?
It was today, but no defense is ever going to hold every team to 6 points a game.
Please elaborate, you're saying in any game 1 TD is all that is needed to win?
It was today, but no defense is ever going to hold every team to 6 points a game
Yes. And you should too.
I go into every game expecting a shutout. Period. If we give up FG per half. That may be acceptable.
The only exception is if the offense or special teams puts the D in a vulnerable situation after a turnover or bad return. Then it may be acceptable to allow more than one FG per half- maybe (depending on field position at the time).
A TD should be enough to win a game. No-brainer. Every time the D gives up a first down, it is a major failure.
-
A TD is not all that's needed to win every football game. But having more points than the opponent is. The Browns had more points than San Diego at the end of the game. They won a game they would normally lose.
-
Dude the entire game we all felt like we were gonna blow it somehow.
The offense scored on it's first possession and didn't do shit the rest of the game. Holy crap it's crazy how one win will cloud everyone's vision.
It sucks that most of our fans don't expect better. We get a win and it's a party and everyone refuses to critique anything.
Dude the entire game we all felt like we were gonna blow it somehow.
The offense scored on it's first possession and didn't do shit the rest of the game. Holy crap it's crazy how one win will cloud everyone's vision.
It sucks that most of our fans don't expect better. We get a win and it's a party and everyone refuses to critique anything.
The real problem is that we were told that the FO was all on the same page. If that is true, then why did heckert draft a power back and give him to a HC that wants to throw the ball 70% of the time? Shurmur like Andy Reid wants to throw the ball to set up the run, problem is that by doing that we have a lot of 3 and outs and then fall behind. Then we're forced to throw it to catch up, which we never seem to do.
The entire offense is messed up. The o-line is built to pass protect. It consisted of 1 center and 4 tackles before Pinkston went down. Yet we have the worst(and youngest) WR corp in the league. They have potential but they lack experience. Then we put a power back behind that pass blocking line, but they can't get any push for him to run between the tackles. Our FB can't run, catch or block and the TE's are old and injury prone. The only one worth keeping is Cameron, but he's still so raw it'll be at least another year before he's ready.
This team has talent but it's not being properly used. We should be using more 3 wr sets if we're going to be a passing team. Then let Weeden throw from the shotgun more. But if we're going to keep using 2 TE sets, we need to commit to the run and stick with it. This nonsense of 2 TE's only to throw it 2 out of 3 plays is ridiculous. It's not like we have the Pats TE's on our team.
Our personnel is better suited for power running game with a vertical passing attack. We can get a second TE on the field by keeping Alex Smith in at FB with Watson/Cameron at TE, who are better receiving threats. Or go single back with 3 wr's in Little, Gordon and Cooper/Benjamin and 1 TE.
Our personnel isn't well suited for the WCO. We have too much at running back and not enough at WR. When you have a back like TRich you don't need short passes to take the place of running plays, you just turn and hand him the ball. This team needs to figure out what it wants it's idenity to be and then draft accorddingly.
-
A TD is not all that's needed to win every football game. But having more points than the opponent is. The Browns had more points than San Diego at the end of the game. They won a game they would normally lose.
A TD is not all that's needed to win every football game. But having more points than the opponent is. The Browns had more points than San Diego at the end of the game.
I couldn't have said it better myself, it's important to outscore the opponent. A field goal is worth three points and a touchdown gives six, if we score more points than our opponents we'll win, but even if we lose we always battle.
-
A TD is not all that's needed to win every football game. But having more points than the opponent is. The Browns had more points than San Diego at the end of the game.
I couldn't have said it better myself, it's important to outscore the opponent. A field goal is worth three points and a touchdown gives six, if we score more points than our opponents we'll win, but even if we lose we always battle.
I couldn't have said it better myself, it's important to outscore the opponent. A field goal is worth three points and a touchdown gives six, if we score more points than our opponents we'll win, but even if we lose we always battle.
I See a Team That Battles.
Which is a much better mantra's than Chris Palmer's: I See Good Things.
Zombo
--I See Dead People.
-
I couldn't have said it better myself, it's important to outscore the opponent. A field goal is worth three points and a touchdown gives six, if we score more points than our opponents we'll win, but even if we lose we always battle.
I See a Team That Battles.
Which is a much better mantra's than Chris Palmer's: I See Good Things.
Zombo
--I See Dead People.
Zombo said:
I See a Team That Battles.
Which is a much better mantra's than Chris Palmer's: I See Good Things.
Zombo
--I See Dead People.
I can see things moving positive, we finally got a running back for the first time in 13 years, and that is a start. Weeden may just have it. Now we canned Holmgren retired on the job. We need a real GM and give him the reins to bring in a winner coach and hope Haslem is what I think he is a real Owner who gets involved
-
For the 2nd time this game. We gain major yards with TRich and try to fucking pass it on 3rd and 1
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login