This Win Doesn't Even Feel Good
-
Hey asshole OP, remember this game?
Pretty sure the Steelers went to the playoffs that year. Don't think anyone was complaining about their regression that week.
-
San Diego averaged 25 points a game coming into today and we held them to two field goals. And thats with an offense that had about 5 three in outs and punted like 10 times in a row. Billy Winn and John Hugh's play pretty much the entire game because Rubin and Taylor are out, of course there going to get tired and give up some yards. Get your head out of your ass, that was a hell of a defensive effort.
-
San Diego averaged 25 points a game coming into today and we held them to two field goals. And thats with an offense that had about 5 three in outs and punted like 10 times in a row. Billy Winn and John Hugh's play pretty much the entire game because Rubin and Taylor are out, of course there going to get tired and give up some yards. Get your head out of your ass, that was a hell of a defensive effort.
San Diego averaged 25 points a game coming into today and we held them to two field goals. And thats with an offense that had about 5 three in outs and punted like 10 times in a row. Billy Winn and John Hugh's play pretty much the entire game because Rubin and Taylor are out, of course there going to get tired and give up some yards. Get your head out of your ass, that was a hell of a defensive effort.
Hell of a defensive effort? Like when Meachem dropped a wide open TD? Or when Matthews was gutting our defense in the 2nd half? Or maybe when WR's were finding holes in our zone and camping for first down after first down?
Get real, we were flawed all around.
I'm happy we won, I'd always rather win than lose, but we played miserable.
-
San Diego averaged 25 points a game coming into today and we held them to two field goals. And thats with an offense that had about 5 three in outs and punted like 10 times in a row. Billy Winn and John Hugh's play pretty much the entire game because Rubin and Taylor are out, of course there going to get tired and give up some yards. Get your head out of your ass, that was a hell of a defensive effort.
Hell of a defensive effort? Like when Meachem dropped a wide open TD? Or when Matthews was gutting our defense in the 2nd half? Or maybe when WR's were finding holes in our zone and camping for first down after first down?
Get real, we were flawed all around.
I'm happy we won, I'd always rather win than lose, but we played miserable.
Hell of a defensive effort? Like when Meachem dropped a wide open TD? Or when Matthews was gutting our defense in the 2nd half? Or maybe when WR's were finding holes in our zone and camping for first down after first down?
Get real, we were flawed all around.
I'm happy we won, I'd always rather win than lose, but we played miserable.
Like when we gave up 6 points, if, ands and buts get the fuck outta here
-
You and soju are miserable. I was really proud of the tenacity the Browns played with. And happy with a win!
-
I was there and the weather was WAY WAY WAY worse then it looked on TV. We went into on of the bars at the stadium and watching the game on the TV made it look like a noce autumn day. WHUCH IT WAS NOT. The wind was howling and the rain was coming down sideways. SO to win in those conditions was AWESOME
-
Hell of a defensive effort? Like when Meachem dropped a wide open TD? Or when Matthews was gutting our defense in the 2nd half? Or maybe when WR's were finding holes in our zone and camping for first down after first down?
Get real, we were flawed all around.
I'm happy we won, I'd always rather win than lose, but we played miserable.
Like when we gave up 6 points, if, ands and buts get the fuck outta here
Like when we gave up 6 points, if, ands and buts get the fuck outta here
We were lucky to only give up 6 points, because watching the defense play was miserable.
Sure we won, that doesn't change the fact we need to improve. If you think we can keep playing like this and win against better teams like the Steelers and Ravens then you're not gonna like it when they feed us our asses on a plate.
-
I live 100 miles inland from the north coast and it was brutal here this afternoon. Can only imagine how miserable it was in CBS.
The Brownss hung tough and found a way to win. defense tormented cybaby Rivers all day and the oline played well against
statistically one of the best run defenses in the league,( however they were certainly exposed today).
The SoCal boys know how to party but they can't hang with the dogs on the north coast. Nice win Browns!!! 2-1 last three games and
the motors are starting to rev.
-
Some of you fuckers on here should just start playing farmville and quit watching.
Or we can be realistic and actually talk about what happened.
This season wasn't about the playoffs, it was about progressing as a team and we didn't see much progression out of anyone but Richardson.
The defense was getting scorched by the run and really had no answer for it, San Diego beat themselves.
Our team needs to be happy they won, but also they need to know that they can't win playing like this every week.
Or we can be realistic and actually talk about what happened.
This season wasn't about the playoffs, it was about progressing as a team and we didn't see much progression out of anyone but Richardson.
The defense was getting scorched by the run and really had no answer for it, San Diego beat themselves.
Our team needs to be happy they won, but also they need to know that they can't win playing like this every week.
I disagree. I think this was progress. In the past they would have found a way to lose this game. Instead we were able to hold on for the win. Learning to win is very important to this team. I would imagine that even the players feel snake bit at times.
-
Or we can be realistic and actually talk about what happened.
This season wasn't about the playoffs, it was about progressing as a team and we didn't see much progression out of anyone but Richardson.
The defense was getting scorched by the run and really had no answer for it, San Diego beat themselves.
Our team needs to be happy they won, but also they need to know that they can't win playing like this every week.
I disagree. I think this was progress. In the past they would have found a way to lose this game. Instead we were able to hold on for the win. Learning to win is very important to this team. I would imagine that even the players feel snake bit at times.
I disagree. I think this was progress. In the past they would have found a way to lose this game. Instead we were able to hold on for the win. Learning to win is very important to this team. I would imagine that even the players feel snake bit at times.
I agree. I was thinking that SD was going to get into FG range at the end. But the defense held and we won
-
We all did, the entire game I was asking myself how we were gonna lose this one.
We did hang on, with a little help from SD lol. That linemen who made the false start must feel terrible
-
Shut the fuck up already. Go fucking watch the Packers, asshole.
I'm tired of these bitchy posters that find anything to complain over. Our rookie RB came back from a rib injury and gashed the 2nd ranked rush defense for 122 yards and a TD. Our QB, who many have dubbed as an INT machine, threw 0 INT's for the second straight week.
It wasn't the best performance, but you have to learn how to win ugly before you can win pretty. We've dropped enough close games this season for this to be something to find inspiration in, yet you want to complain?
Oh, Meachem dropped a wide open TD? Boo fucking hoo, pussy. Do you think Colts fans last week were complaining when Gordon dropped a wide open TD?
You want 80 points a game? Watch Oregon.
And for the record, throwing a season because you want a higher draft pick is an absolute disgrace and even mentioning it shows why you sit at home on Sundays while the real men are on the field. You're a fucking weasel if you toss a season to get a higher draft pick and you deserve the worst form of dick leprosy on that tiny pinprick you wank in your bathroom.
Some of you don't deserve a Browns win, you sillynanny fucking queefs.
-
Shut the fuck up already. Go fucking watch the Packers, asshole.
I'm tired of these bitchy posters that find anything to complain over. Our rookie RB came back from a rib injury and gashed the 2nd ranked rush defense for 122 yards and a TD. Our QB, who many have dubbed as an INT machine, threw 0 INT's for the second straight week.
It wasn't the best performance, but you have to learn how to win ugly before you can win pretty. We've dropped enough close games this season for this to be something to find inspiration in, yet you want to complain?
Oh, Meachem dropped a wide open TD? Boo fucking hoo, pussy. Do you think Colts fans last week were complaining when Gordon dropped a wide open TD?
You want 80 points a game? Watch Oregon.
And for the record, throwing a season because you want a higher draft pick is an absolute disgrace and even mentioning it shows why you sit at home on Sundays while the real men are on the field. You're a fucking weasel if you toss a season to get a higher draft pick and you deserve the worst form of dick leprosy on that tiny pinprick you wank in your bathroom.
Some of you don't deserve a Browns win, you sillynanny fucking queefs.
Post of the year. A win is a win in the NFL, it's not always going to be pretty. Many factors contributed to a poor outing, and this TEAM still pulled it out. Relax. The rest of the season is going to be tough, so enjoy it.
Shut the fuck up already. Go fucking watch the Packers, asshole.
I'm tired of these bitchy posters that find anything to complain over. Our rookie RB came back from a rib injury and gashed the 2nd ranked rush defense for 122 yards and a TD. Our QB, who many have dubbed as an INT machine, threw 0 INT's for the second straight week.
It wasn't the best performance, but you have to learn how to win ugly before you can win pretty. We've dropped enough close games this season for this to be something to find inspiration in, yet you want to complain?
Oh, Meachem dropped a wide open TD? Boo fucking hoo, pussy. Do you think Colts fans last week were complaining when Gordon dropped a wide open TD?
You want 80 points a game? Watch Oregon.
And for the record, throwing a season because you want a higher draft pick is an absolute disgrace and even mentioning it shows why you sit at home on Sundays while the real men are on the field. You're a fucking weasel if you toss a season to get a higher draft pick and you deserve the worst form of dick leprosy on that tiny pinprick you wank in your bathroom.
Some of you don't deserve a Browns win, you sillynanny fucking queefs.
-
I don't care if we allow 300 rushing yards a game if we hold other teams to six points for the rest of the season. Care to guess what our record would be right now if we only allowed 6pts a game? Like I said, helluva defensive effort.
-
The offense played like garbage and SD beat themselves. Our D wasn't anything special. The win feels hollow, nothing positive gained this week and we went down in draft position. Not the great feeling I was hoping for accompanying a win today.
The offense played like garbage and SD beat themselves. Our D wasn't anything special. The win feels hollow, nothing positive gained this week and we went down in draft position. Not the great feeling I was hoping for accompanying a win today.
Dude, if you're worried about draft position, then no win will ever be satisfying to you. Why are you here?
-
The offense played like garbage and SD beat themselves. Our D wasn't anything special. The win feels hollow, nothing positive gained this week and we went down in draft position. Not the great feeling I was hoping for accompanying a win today.
Dude, if you're worried about draft position, then no win will ever be satisfying to you. Why are you here?
-
Their defense is ranked 2nd against the rush because teams have been pass heavy against them throwing for 268 yards a game, which is ranked 28th in the league coming into today. They locked down DMC and Chris Johnson early this season, sure. But at that point both of them were struggling to do anything against air. Stats are stats, but context is better. Their rush defense is about as overrated as our pass defense was last season, teams didn't need to pass because we gave up 134 yards per game on the ground. The truth is, San Diego was 1-3 in their last 4 games coming into today giving up over 20 ppg in each contest. And to be proud that we scored 7 on such an average defense is asinine. And I'm not saying Trent wasn't great today, because he was.
I'd rather us win than lose, but I'm not gonna sit here and be satisfied simply because we won. I'm not finding things to complain about, I'm talking about what I saw on the field today. We watched a team beat themselves when we were begging to lose. We were lucky that Meachem dropped a TD pass and we were lucky that Hardesty recovered his own fumble. Am I happy we lucked out? Yes. But we can't ignore that those things happened just because we came out with a win today.
You think our coaches are happy with todays performance? No. You think our players feel they could have done much better? Yes.
"Go watch the Packers" - What does that mean, exactly?
And no one is asking for 80 points a game, we're asking to convert better than 35% of 3rd downs. I'm not mad we only scored 7 points today, I'm mad that our offense got worse as the game progressed.
-
San Diego averaged 25 points a game coming into today and we held them to two field goals. And thats with an offense that had about 5 three in outs and punted like 10 times in a row. Billy Winn and John Hugh's play pretty much the entire game because Rubin and Taylor are out, of course there going to get tired and give up some yards. Get your head out of your ass, that was a hell of a defensive effort.
San Diego averaged 25 points a game coming into today and we held them to two field goals. And thats with an offense that had about 5 three in outs and punted like 10 times in a row. Billy Winn and John Hugh's play pretty much the entire game because Rubin and Taylor are out, of course there going to get tired and give up some yards. Get your head out of your ass, that was a hell of a defensive effort.
YESSSS....great post
-
Their defense is ranked 2nd against the rush because teams have been pass heavy against them throwing for 268 yards a game, which is ranked 28th in the league coming into today. They locked down DMC and Chris Johnson early this season, sure. But at that point both of them were struggling to do anything against air. Stats are stats, but context is better. Their rush defense is about as overrated as our pass defense was last season, teams didn't need to pass because we gave up 134 yards per game on the ground. The truth is, San Diego was 1-3 in their last 4 games coming into today giving up over 20 ppg in each contest. And to be proud that we scored 7 on such an average defense is asinine. And I'm not saying Trent wasn't great today, because he was.
I'd rather us win than lose, but I'm not gonna sit here and be satisfied simply because we won. I'm not finding things to complain about, I'm talking about what I saw on the field today. We watched a team beat themselves when we were begging to lose. We were lucky that Meachem dropped a TD pass and we were lucky that Hardesty recovered his own fumble. Am I happy we lucked out? Yes. But we can't ignore that those things happened just because we came out with a win today.
You think our coaches are happy with todays performance? No. You think our players feel they could have done much better? Yes.
"Go watch the Packers" - What does that mean, exactly?
And no one is asking for 80 points a game, we're asking to convert better than 35% of 3rd downs. I'm not mad we only scored 7 points today, I'm mad that our offense got worse as the game progressed.
Stats are stats, but context is better.
You said it all right there.....we gave up 6 points
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
Thank you Jebus!!