Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. Political Discussion
  3. Hurricane Sandy

Hurricane Sandy

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Political Discussion
30 Posts 11 Posters 990 Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • Westside Steve W Dedicated Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Conversation Starter Week One Done One Year In One Month Later Very Popular
    • 39k Posts
    • 9k Reputation
    W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by Westside Steve
    #1

    Just an informal guess fellows.

    On a 1 - 10 scale.

    1 being over hyped and anticlimactic.

    10 being historic devastation.

    WSS

    www.westsidesteve.com www.myspace.com/westsidestevemusic www.cdbaby.com/artist/westsidestevesimmons
    DieHardBrownsFanD 1 Reply Last reply
    Quote Reply
    • FairHooker11 F Dedicated Conversation Starter Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done Very Popular
      • 4k Posts
      • 2k Reputation
      F FairHooker11 wrote on last edited by
      #2

      my son and his wife live right in the middle of New Jersey..... safe keeping at Mcguire AFB?

      so not on the coast but in the path of the eye when it comes on land. (if projections are correct)

      needless to say we are praying for the safety of all the people in the path and the effects of this one.

      1 Reply Last reply
      Quote Reply
      • Westside Steve W Dedicated Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Conversation Starter Week One Done One Year In One Month Later Very Popular
        • 39k Posts
        • 9k Reputation
        W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
        #3

        Best wishes to them, hooker.

        WSS

        www.westsidesteve.com www.myspace.com/westsidestevemusic www.cdbaby.com/artist/westsidestevesimmons
        1 Reply Last reply
        👍
        Quote Reply
        • sadbrownsfan S
          • 1k Posts
          • 41 Reputation
          S sadbrownsfan wrote on last edited by
          #4

          Guessing between a 3 and a 4 ratting, its going to be a lot of rain in an area not used to getting hurricane's.

          Best to get people prepared for a level 10 and it be a 1 then prepare for a 1 and it be a 10.

          1 Reply Last reply
          Quote Reply
          • heckofajobbrownie H
            • 6k Posts
            • 47 Reputation
            H heckofajobbrownie wrote on last edited by
            #5

            Almost always overhyped, especially when it hits where the media lives.

            But it's also going to do a lot of damage. I don't know if you've ever lived by the coast, Steve, but it'll literally change the landscape. Or take a look at what Irene did to Vermont last year.

            I'd say it's going to be a 6 or 7.

            ballpeenB 1 Reply Last reply
            Quote Reply
            • heckofajobbrownie H
              • 6k Posts
              • 47 Reputation
              H heckofajobbrownie wrote on last edited by
              #6

              Just watched the weather from New England, where they still use meteorologists and not big breasted Latinas and aging out of work actors, and the storm is somehow still strengthening as it moves into colder water. Wow. I've never seen that.

              Yeah, this is going to be a real problem.

              W 1 Reply Last reply
              Quote Reply
              • H heckofajobbrownie

                Just watched the weather from New England, where they still use meteorologists and not big breasted Latinas and aging out of work actors, and the storm is somehow still strengthening as it moves into colder water. Wow. I've never seen that.

                Yeah, this is going to be a real problem.

                Westside Steve W Dedicated Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Conversation Starter Week One Done One Year In One Month Later Very Popular
                • 39k Posts
                • 9k Reputation
                W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
                #7

                @heckofajobbrownie said:

                Just watched the weather from New England, where they still use meteorologists and not big breasted Latinas and aging out of work actors, and the storm is somehow still strengthening as it moves into colder water. Wow. I've never seen that.

                Yeah, this is going to be a real problem.

                I figure there are meteorologists at the National Weather Bureau.

                I love Holly Strano.

                WSS

                www.westsidesteve.com www.myspace.com/westsidestevemusic www.cdbaby.com/artist/westsidestevesimmons
                Bob806B 1 Reply Last reply
                Quote Reply
                • W Westside Steve

                  Just an informal guess fellows.

                  On a 1 - 10 scale.

                  1 being over hyped and anticlimactic.

                  10 being historic devastation.

                  WSS

                  DieHardBrownsFan DieHardBrownsFanD Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Collaborator Posting Machine First Post One Month Later Week One Done One Year In
                  • 28k Posts
                  • 6k Reputation
                  DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
                  #8

                  @westside-steve said:

                  Just an informal guess fellows.

                  On a 1 - 10 scale.

                  1 being over hyped and anticlimactic.

                  10 being historic devastation.

                  WSS

                  NYC and NJ look like they are going to get it pretty good. Other then that I have no idea. I've been through enough of them to know better then second guess.

                  "You planning on having a long relationship with that glass or are you going to drink it? Drink up, man. Maybe we can get another.” - Janis Joplin, 1970.
                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Quote Reply
                  • VaporTrail VaporTrailV Dedicated Reacting Well Conversation Starter Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                    • 6k Posts
                    • 1k Reputation
                    VaporTrailV VaporTrail wrote on last edited by VaporTrail
                    #9

                    I was gonna go vote today. Fuck this weather (not that sandy has anything to do with it).

                    Kosar_For_PresidentK 1 Reply Last reply
                    Quote Reply
                    • H heckofajobbrownie

                      Almost always overhyped, especially when it hits where the media lives.

                      But it's also going to do a lot of damage. I don't know if you've ever lived by the coast, Steve, but it'll literally change the landscape. Or take a look at what Irene did to Vermont last year.

                      I'd say it's going to be a 6 or 7.

                      ballpeen ballpeenB Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                      • 9k Posts
                      • 2k Reputation
                      ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by
                      #10

                      @heckofajobbrownie said:

                      Almost always overhyped, especially when it hits where the media lives.

                      But it's also going to do a lot of damage. I don't know if you've ever lived by the coast, Steve, but it'll literally change the landscape. Or take a look at what Irene did to Vermont last year.

                      I'd say it's going to be a 6 or 7.

                      I agree. If it was going to hit Biloxi, I am not saying it would be a ignored story, but it wouldn't be called Frankenstorm.

                      If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.
                      W 1 Reply Last reply
                      Quote Reply
                      • W Westside Steve

                        @heckofajobbrownie said:

                        Just watched the weather from New England, where they still use meteorologists and not big breasted Latinas and aging out of work actors, and the storm is somehow still strengthening as it moves into colder water. Wow. I've never seen that.

                        Yeah, this is going to be a real problem.

                        I figure there are meteorologists at the National Weather Bureau.

                        I love Holly Strano.

                        WSS

                        Bob806 Bob806B Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                        • 5k Posts
                        • 2k Reputation
                        Bob806B Bob806 wrote on last edited by
                        #11

                        @westside-steve said:

                        I figure there are meteorologists at the National Weather Bureau.

                        I love Holly Strano.

                        WSS

                        I like Holly, love Betsy Kling!

                        Karlis Missed
                        VaporTrailV 1 Reply Last reply
                        Quote Reply
                        • Bob806B Bob806

                          @westside-steve said:

                          I figure there are meteorologists at the National Weather Bureau.

                          I love Holly Strano.

                          WSS

                          I like Holly, love Betsy Kling!

                          VaporTrail VaporTrailV Dedicated Reacting Well Conversation Starter Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                          • 6k Posts
                          • 1k Reputation
                          VaporTrailV VaporTrail wrote on last edited by
                          #12

                          @bob806 said:

                          I like Holly, love Betsy Kling!

                          Who was the blond anchor that was on when those two started? She was hot.

                          Bob806B 1 Reply Last reply
                          Quote Reply
                          • ballpeenB ballpeen

                            @heckofajobbrownie said:

                            Almost always overhyped, especially when it hits where the media lives.

                            But it's also going to do a lot of damage. I don't know if you've ever lived by the coast, Steve, but it'll literally change the landscape. Or take a look at what Irene did to Vermont last year.

                            I'd say it's going to be a 6 or 7.

                            I agree. If it was going to hit Biloxi, I am not saying it would be a ignored story, but it wouldn't be called Frankenstorm.

                            Westside Steve W Dedicated Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Conversation Starter Week One Done One Year In One Month Later Very Popular
                            • 39k Posts
                            • 9k Reputation
                            W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
                            #13

                            @ballpeen said:

                            I agree. If it was going to hit Biloxi, I am not saying it would be a ignored story, but it wouldn't be called Frankenstorm.

                            Well I understand the NYSE E is going to be closed so That's bigger news than 1000 slot machines and 3 Walmarts.

                            😉

                            WSS

                            www.westsidesteve.com www.myspace.com/westsidestevemusic www.cdbaby.com/artist/westsidestevesimmons
                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Quote Reply
                            • Saint S
                              • 395 Posts
                              • 40 Reputation
                              S Saint wrote on last edited by
                              #14

                              All we need now is a earthquake and a bunch of mudslides in California to wipe out all those stupid people.

                              MLD WoodyM 1 Reply Last reply
                              Quote Reply
                              • S Saint

                                All we need now is a earthquake and a bunch of mudslides in California to wipe out all those stupid people.

                                MLD Woody MLD WoodyM Dedicated Conversation Starter Very Popular First Post Collaborator Posting Machine Reacting Well One Month Later One Year In Week One Done
                                • 33k Posts
                                • 3k Reputation
                                MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
                                #15

                                @saint said:

                                All we need now is a earthquake and a bunch of mudslides in California to wipe out all those stupid people.

                                What are you doing in Cali?

                                Ja.brill Peppers - Cleveland Brown OldBrownsFan, on 02 Jun 2017 - 5:09PM said: "No you are not the work of the devil but you are deceived by the devil." Who's got it better than us? Nooooobody!
                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Quote Reply
                                • heckofajobbrownie H
                                  • 6k Posts
                                  • 47 Reputation
                                  H heckofajobbrownie wrote on last edited by
                                  #16

                                  Nothing like wishing death on your fellow Americans. And probably meaning it too.

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Quote Reply
                                  • Bob806 Bob806B Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                    • 5k Posts
                                    • 2k Reputation
                                    Bob806B Bob806 wrote on last edited by Bob806
                                    #17

                                    Here in Berea, we never stopped running the fire trucks & rescue squad. People were genuinely scared, trees & wires down on homes all over the place. One family has their lives upside down now due to a fire. One hectic night in a fairly small suburb of Cleveland...and we're not getting the major stuff like other areas.

                                    You can say it's over-hyped or not, all I know is it's certainly not "normal." I couldn't imagine living in tornado alley or the hurricane-risk areas.

                                    Stay safe everybody.

                                    Karlis Missed
                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Quote Reply
                                    • VaporTrailV VaporTrail

                                      I was gonna go vote today. Fuck this weather (not that sandy has anything to do with it).

                                      Kosar_For_President Kosar_For_PresidentK
                                      • 6k Posts
                                      • 221 Reputation
                                      Kosar_For_PresidentK Kosar_For_President wrote on last edited by
                                      #18

                                      @vaportrail said:

                                      I was gonna go vote today. Fuck this weather (not that sandy has anything to do with it).

                                      Shit I love my Cleveland brethren, but fucking stop whining. I can't get home because of the flooding here on the Outer Banks. Sorry you couldn't vote early.

                                      Luck is Tim Couch. Big, Dumb Goofy, slow thinking QB - Ghoolie, 2-28-12
                                      VaporTrailV 1 Reply Last reply
                                      Quote Reply
                                      • Kosar_For_PresidentK Kosar_For_President

                                        @vaportrail said:

                                        I was gonna go vote today. Fuck this weather (not that sandy has anything to do with it).

                                        Shit I love my Cleveland brethren, but fucking stop whining. I can't get home because of the flooding here on the Outer Banks. Sorry you couldn't vote early.

                                        VaporTrail VaporTrailV Dedicated Reacting Well Conversation Starter Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                        • 6k Posts
                                        • 1k Reputation
                                        VaporTrailV VaporTrail wrote on last edited by
                                        #19

                                        @kosar_for_president said:

                                        Shit I love my Cleveland brethren, but fucking stop whining. I can't get home because of the flooding here on the Outer Banks. Sorry you couldn't vote early.

                                        Lol, it was cold as hell. Maybe you should have had the foresight to not live on an island that regularly gets hit by hurricanes. I voted today.

                                        Kosar_For_PresidentK 1 Reply Last reply
                                        Quote Reply
                                        • VaporTrailV VaporTrail

                                          @bob806 said:

                                          I like Holly, love Betsy Kling!

                                          Who was the blond anchor that was on when those two started? She was hot.

                                          Bob806 Bob806B Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                          • 5k Posts
                                          • 2k Reputation
                                          Bob806B Bob806 wrote on last edited by
                                          #20

                                          @vaportrail said:

                                          Who was the blond anchor that was on when those two started? She was hot.

                                          Carol Chandler, I think 🙄

                                          Karlis Missed
                                          VaporTrailV 1 Reply Last reply
                                          Quote Reply

                                          Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                          Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                          With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                          Register Login
                                          Reply
                                          • Reply as topic
                                          Log in to reply
                                          • Oldest to Newest
                                          • Newest to Oldest
                                          • Most Votes


                                          Theme
                                          • System
                                          • Light
                                          • Dark
                                          The Browns Board Terms Privacy

                                          The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

                                          • First post
                                            Last post
                                          0
                                          • Forums
                                          • Recent
                                          • Popular
                                          • Users
                                          • Donate