Skip to content

Josh Cribbs

The Browns Board
42 24 3.1k
  • I hate when NFL players feel like they should be a bigger part of the equation.

    That attitude will get them nowhere in life.

    Zombo

    --Maybe he should say "I feel like I should have a reduced role..."

  • I hate when NFL players feel like they should be a bigger part of the equation.

    That attitude will get them nowhere in life.

    Zombo

    --Maybe he should say "I feel like I should have a reduced role..."

    Zombo said:

    I hate when NFL players feel like they should be a bigger part of the equation.

    That attitude will get them nowhere in life.

    Zombo

    --Maybe he should say "I feel like I should have a reduced role..."

    Okay - but to come out and say this kind of stuff to the media is not a good idea.

    It could have a snowball effect and doesn't set a good example for a young team with young receivers.

    And I'll say it again, if he says this to the media what's he saying behind closed doors?

  • Come on we are being a bit nit picky. Big freakin deal he wants a bigger roll. And I want a bigger penis..

    He most likely won't be on our team next year but I could careless about his comments

  • Zombo said:

    I hate when NFL players feel like they should be a bigger part of the equation.

    That attitude will get them nowhere in life.

    Zombo

    --Maybe he should say "I feel like I should have a reduced role..."

    Okay - but to come out and say this kind of stuff to the media is not a good idea.

    It could have a snowball effect and doesn't set a good example for a young team with young receivers.

    And I'll say it again, if he says this to the media what's he saying behind closed doors?

    @badnewsbrowns said:

    Okay - but to come out and say this kind of stuff to the media is not a good idea.

    It could have a snowball effect and doesn't set a good example for a young team with young receivers.

    And I'll say it again, if he says this to the media what's he saying behind closed doors?

    I wish everyone had Cribb's attitude.

    But if he said McCoy gives us a better chance to win (did he really??) he may have hit the pipe before the interview.

    Zombo

  • I really don't give a shit either but it's something to talk about between Sundays.

    He did say McCoy would give them a better shot but I took it out of context a bit, I'd have to listen to it again to give you the precise statement but I don't really feel like it.

  • @badnewsbrowns said:

    Okay - but to come out and say this kind of stuff to the media is not a good idea.

    It could have a snowball effect and doesn't set a good example for a young team with young receivers.

    And I'll say it again, if he says this to the media what's he saying behind closed doors?

    I wish everyone had Cribb's attitude.

    But if he said McCoy gives us a better chance to win (did he really??) he may have hit the pipe before the interview.

    Zombo

    Zombo said:

    I wish everyone had Cribb's attitude.

    But if he said McCoy gives us a better chance to win (did he really??) he may have hit the pipe before the interview.

    Zombo

    Quick summary of the interview.

    One of the interviewers says he thinks the play calling sucks and HC is no good. Asked if he wants to be more involved in the Offense, he replies YES, of course he is going to say that. He says get the athletes the ball more often, which Cribbs is supposedly one of those, mentioning Percy Harvin as a measure to what Vikings do with different play calls. He says he thinks he should definitely play offense and we shall leave that question there.

    Asked if he wants Pat Shurmur as HC going forward, he basically answers no, or least doesnt exactly endorse Shurmur, but guess that is always going to be the case when a HC is not playing you as much as you would like, least he is answering questions a lot more honestly than players do when giving press conferences.

    Asked jokingly if he is dressing up as a WR for his Halloween fancy dress party, he says he is going to dress as someone else so he can get some gametime. 😆

    Asked is Brandon Weeden is better than Colt McCoy, Cribbs says BW is what our Staff wants to see, If you wanted Wins right off Colt would have given you the best chance from start of season, but Weeden would come through to to be a better QB in the Browns playbook. Cribbs dodges the question which QB is better right now. Sounds like Cribbs thinks McCoy still has a chance to be a starting QB somewhere.

  • I wouldn't be surprised if Josh is a bit worried about his future here, or at least his future getting paid the kind of money he is going to want to make when his contract is up at the end of the year. This kind of stuff is not going to help his case or the team.

  • We all knew that Colt would give us the best chance to win early on, but then Weeden would not be where he is now without playing.

    Clearly Weeden is a better qb than Colt at this point. It's not even a discussion any longer.

    I do agree that cribbs is concerned about his future in the NFL. If he does not take a bigger role in the offense, then he surely will not keep a big contract to return kicks. He may not be back next year and he is concerned. That QB comment in the interview was not necessary based on what I read here (I didnt listen to it).

  • @king-ghoolie-lives said:

    Allow me to restate what I said almost 2 years ago...........

    Josh Cribbs is a shit player. I said at teh end of the 2010 season that he would never be as good as he was right then, and while he had value, he should have

    Now, not only is his play causing losses, but now his mouth is going to cause trouble.

    Piece of shit. OVer rated, useless, piece of shit. They guy is cancer and should be cut. WHy wait to send him packing at the end of the year? Let's cuth this piece of shit now.

    I am hoping that he takes another hit that knocks him into queer street again, this weekend.

    BOOM, "Out Go The Lights".

    Ghoolie..... Obviously your opinion of Cribbs is set in stone. The man HAS been fun to watch, and although he is not what he used to be..... Piece of shit? I think your way off base with most fans. STILL an above average return man without a doubt. We just have to get returns without a flag every time
  • @king-ghoolie-lives said:

    You what Cribbs reminds of? HE reminds me of that homo kid everyone had in their grade school class. The homo kid who played no sports but he ran fast as all hell.

    Nobody would have ever thought of strapping a helmet on him because while he ran fast, his body wasn't stern enough to be a back or a reciever, and his body motions in motion were so noodle-like you just knew once he got hit, he would be finished.

    Cribbs is a tragedy waiting to happen.

    Tom, this is where you're full of shit. You can hate on Cribbs all you want to- but in this case stats don't lie- and you can look them up if you want to. Josh is solidifying his place as one of the best return guys in the history of the NFL. Isn't his fault the NFL decided to gut the Kickoff return (getting rid of the wedge) as a legit scoring threat. NO ONE has more than one KO TD this year.

    For a "washed up" guy for kick returners, THIS YEAR Cribbs is FIFTH in the NFL in KO ypr with guys that have more than 5 returns- that takes out the one hit wonders. SECOND in the league in total KO yardage. Make that 6th in punt return average (same deal more than 5 returns) and SECOND in total punt return yardage.

    Not bad for a washed up bum. He'd be doing even better if a couple of his long returns weren't negated by dumb-ass holding penalties.

  • Stats don't attribute leadership and role model. IMO cribbs is both for the young guys on this team. Cribbs plays hard every down and is a Brown through and through.

  • @king-ghoolie-lives said:

    Allow me to restate what I said almost 2 years ago...........

    Josh Cribbs is a shit player. I said at teh end of the 2010 season that he would never be as good as he was right then, and while he had value, he should have been traded.

    Now, not only is his play causing losses, but now his mouth is going to cause trouble.

    Piece of shit. OVer rated, useless, piece of shit. They guy is cancer and should be cut. WHy wait to send him packing at the end of the year? Let's cuth this piece of shit now.

    I am hoping that he takes another hit that knocks him into queer street again, this weekend.

    BOOM, "Out Go The Lights".

    Cribbs was a good return man.. He won't be back with the team as we are finally getting more talent..

    BUT you can't have it both ways.. Because you have swore colt is shit.. And also Cribbs is shit! But there is no denying he was our most dyanamic play maker over the last few years due to lack of talent.. So maybe colt isnt as bad as you NEED him to be? Or was Cribbs isnt as bad?

    please enlighten me

  • I've heard stuff about Houston targeting Josh Cribbs.

    What do you think we could get, a 5th round pick?

  • no more than a 6th or 7th

  • I'd be ok with that, though.

    I mean, Houston really needs special teams help and we'll see how much they value that.

  • Seriously what the fuck is up with all the hate with Cribbs? As Stated by Hoorta the guy is top 5 in punt and kickoff returns. He now has an almost nonexistent role in the offense (maybe 3-5 snaps a game) and makes plenty of down field tackles on special teams. What's wrong with any of that? We tried him the past few years as a WR and it failed, but those were the years when I seriously believe I could have walked onto the browns as a WR. So we paid the guy a decent chunk of change, who gives a shit? It's not like we let some prime talent walk out of the door and signed Cribbs instead. I don't have some bromance with the dude but he can clearly play the game of football in a special teams role.

    Get a grip. It seems like every time Cribbs takes it out of the endzone he gets past the 20. If it weren't for stupid flags on seemingly half the returns I'd bet he'd be closer to tops in KO yardage.

  • I always thought Cribbs might make a decent safety.

  • Why the hell would we trade a productive player, yes he's productive, for a 5th or later rounder? STOOP STOOP!

  • Seriously what the fuck is up with all the hate with Cribbs? As Stated by Hoorta the guy is top 5 in punt and kickoff returns. He now has an almost nonexistent role in the offense (maybe 3-5 snaps a game) and makes plenty of down field tackles on special teams. What's wrong with any of that? We tried him the past few years as a WR and it failed, but those were the years when I seriously believe I could have walked onto the browns as a WR. So we paid the guy a decent chunk of change, who gives a shit? It's not like we let some prime talent walk out of the door and signed Cribbs instead. I don't have some bromance with the dude but he can clearly play the game of football in a special teams role.

    Get a grip. It seems like every time Cribbs takes it out of the endzone he gets past the 20. If it weren't for stupid flags on seemingly half the returns I'd bet he'd be closer to tops in KO yardage.

    @jrb12711 said:

    Seriously what the fuck is up with all the hate with Cribbs? As Stated by Hoorta the guy is top 5 in punt and kickoff returns. He now has an almost nonexistent role in the offense (maybe 3-5 snaps a game) and makes plenty of down field tackles on special teams. What's wrong with any of that? We tried him the past few years as a WR and it failed, but those were the years when I seriously believe I could have walked onto the browns as a WR. So we paid the guy a decent chunk of change, who gives a shit? It's not like we let some prime talent walk out of the door and signed Cribbs instead. I don't have some bromance with the dude but he can clearly play the game of football in a special teams role.

    Get a grip. It seems like every time Cribbs takes it out of the endzone he gets past the 20. If it weren't for stupid flags on seemingly half the returns I'd bet he'd be closer to tops in KO yardage.

    Exactly. Cribbs may have lost 1\2 a step- but he wasn't a 4.2 burner when he came into the league either. He got a lot of those long returns by breaking tackles, and having just the right amount of shiftiness.

    I'd have no problem bringing him back for a couple more years at the right price- let him finish his career as a Brown- he's seen the bad times- let's hope the good times are ahead.

    And as an aside to Ghoolie- should Cribbs get KOed- we already have his replacement on the roster- Travis Benjamin. 🙂

  • How is Cribbs a bad special teamer!!!??? The man consistently gets us out to the 30 or 40 yard line, I don't understand how he is shit. Not a lot of returners do it as consistently as he does. More involved in the offense? Probably not too much. Above average at that one thing? Definitely