Skip to content

Josh Cribbs

The Browns Board
42 24 3.1k
  • I always thought Cribbs might make a decent safety.

  • Why the hell would we trade a productive player, yes he's productive, for a 5th or later rounder? STOOP STOOP!

  • Seriously what the fuck is up with all the hate with Cribbs? As Stated by Hoorta the guy is top 5 in punt and kickoff returns. He now has an almost nonexistent role in the offense (maybe 3-5 snaps a game) and makes plenty of down field tackles on special teams. What's wrong with any of that? We tried him the past few years as a WR and it failed, but those were the years when I seriously believe I could have walked onto the browns as a WR. So we paid the guy a decent chunk of change, who gives a shit? It's not like we let some prime talent walk out of the door and signed Cribbs instead. I don't have some bromance with the dude but he can clearly play the game of football in a special teams role.

    Get a grip. It seems like every time Cribbs takes it out of the endzone he gets past the 20. If it weren't for stupid flags on seemingly half the returns I'd bet he'd be closer to tops in KO yardage.

    @jrb12711 said:

    Seriously what the fuck is up with all the hate with Cribbs? As Stated by Hoorta the guy is top 5 in punt and kickoff returns. He now has an almost nonexistent role in the offense (maybe 3-5 snaps a game) and makes plenty of down field tackles on special teams. What's wrong with any of that? We tried him the past few years as a WR and it failed, but those were the years when I seriously believe I could have walked onto the browns as a WR. So we paid the guy a decent chunk of change, who gives a shit? It's not like we let some prime talent walk out of the door and signed Cribbs instead. I don't have some bromance with the dude but he can clearly play the game of football in a special teams role.

    Get a grip. It seems like every time Cribbs takes it out of the endzone he gets past the 20. If it weren't for stupid flags on seemingly half the returns I'd bet he'd be closer to tops in KO yardage.

    Exactly. Cribbs may have lost 1\2 a step- but he wasn't a 4.2 burner when he came into the league either. He got a lot of those long returns by breaking tackles, and having just the right amount of shiftiness.

    I'd have no problem bringing him back for a couple more years at the right price- let him finish his career as a Brown- he's seen the bad times- let's hope the good times are ahead.

    And as an aside to Ghoolie- should Cribbs get KOed- we already have his replacement on the roster- Travis Benjamin. 🙂

  • How is Cribbs a bad special teamer!!!??? The man consistently gets us out to the 30 or 40 yard line, I don't understand how he is shit. Not a lot of returners do it as consistently as he does. More involved in the offense? Probably not too much. Above average at that one thing? Definitely

  • Nothing like cheering for a member of the team you root for to get injured! I suppose you rooted for Brady to start too.

  • Ghoolie you haven't read colts book yet huh.

    Www.growingupcolt.com

  • i'm not a HUGE cribbs fan only because he has lost SOME of his usefullness because of the new KO rules and i never liked the move to try to make him a wide receiver.

    i still can't believe that the browns have never utilized him in a WildDawg formation type of thing. wasn't he a decent QB in college? why not pitch to the guy on a fake reverse and let him throw it 15 yds down the field?

    and i agree 100% with bonedawg. if cribbs wants more playing time why not let him do it in the defensive backfield? can't be any worse than some of the schlubs we got back there now.

  • @mike-h said:

    I'm sorry for what I've done.

    yes. you must repent my son.

    terrible, terrible everlasting effects.

  • @king-ghoolie-lives said:

    BORING....................... NObody remembers punt returners. Why? because most championship teams don't have good ones. It is a position for stoolie, like Browns fans, who are so fucking hard up for something to cheer about, they cheer for the return man.

    Cribbs sucks dicks.

    @king-ghoolie-lives said:

    Boom. AN intelligent post. The guy is a utility player and a commodity. He isn't a star. he isn't worrying opponents. He is washed up, over paid and a total underachiever.

    Sorry you can't pay attention. Cribbs is STILL one of the best in the NFL at WHAT HE DOES. If by your standards offensive linemen are a dime a dozen, so if you want to argue kick returners are 1 cent a dollar. OK. However, Cribbs not only can still give the Browns excellent field position- assuming dumbass Ventrone can figure out how not to get called for holding or a block in the back on damn near every kickoff, Josh is also one of the best gunners in the league at stopping the other guys kickoff artist from breaking a long one.

    I can tell you this much- unlike McCoy, should the Browns decide to part ways with Cribbs after the season, he will be snapped up instantly by another team.

  • @mike-h said:

    I'm sorry for what I've done.

    Don't worry, I am close to patenting a powdered form of Prozac that can be absorbed through the skin. I am hoping it can be applied to accordion keys and the ends of cigars.

    Ghoolie, you have missed your calling, you should be a Limbaugh type radio personality.

  • Seriously what the fuck is up with all the hate with Cribbs? As Stated by Hoorta the guy is top 5 in punt and kickoff returns. He now has an almost nonexistent role in the offense (maybe 3-5 snaps a game) and makes plenty of down field tackles on special teams. What's wrong with any of that? We tried him the past few years as a WR and it failed, but those were the years when I seriously believe I could have walked onto the browns as a WR. So we paid the guy a decent chunk of change, who gives a shit? It's not like we let some prime talent walk out of the door and signed Cribbs instead. I don't have some bromance with the dude but he can clearly play the game of football in a special teams role.

    Get a grip. It seems like every time Cribbs takes it out of the endzone he gets past the 20. If it weren't for stupid flags on seemingly half the returns I'd bet he'd be closer to tops in KO yardage.

    @jrb12711 said:

    Seriously what the fuck is up with all the hate with Cribbs? As Stated by Hoorta the guy is top 5 in punt and kickoff returns. He now has an almost nonexistent role in the offense (maybe 3-5 snaps a game) and makes plenty of down field tackles on special teams. What's wrong with any of that? We tried him the past few years as a WR and it failed, but those were the years when I seriously believe I could have walked onto the browns as a WR. So we paid the guy a decent chunk of change, who gives a shit? It's not like we let some prime talent walk out of the door and signed Cribbs instead. I don't have some bromance with the dude but he can clearly play the game of football in a special teams role.

    Get a grip. It seems like every time Cribbs takes it out of the endzone he gets past the 20. If it weren't for stupid flags on seemingly half the returns I'd bet he'd be closer to tops in KO yardage.

    Let's get with it folks, Cribbs is a specialty player now way past his prime. I made it clear that we could have traded for a good pick two years ago. He is now worth nothing to anyone but the Browns. Good player on a very bad team two years ago and now a mediocre player on a rebuilding team .............no value to any other team now

  • @mike-h said:

    Really? I can think of two teams off the top of my head who need a returner: San Diego (lost Goodman for the season, Weddle fumbled a punt on TNF) and Tampa Bay (cut Sammie Stroughter and have no production at the position).

    Also, like I told Ghoolie in a PM, Cribbs is "leading the league in return yardage, No. 4 in yards per kick return and No. 4 in yards per punt return."

    Clearly, the Browns have no use for a player who helps put them in better field position (because that doesn't matter).

    Dude it's not even worth your time. I was going to write up a big thing but it would just be wasting my effort. Believe it or not, I would understand if we had Cribbs out there taking snaps away, but he's not. On offense he has a whopping 6 catches on 8 targets and 1 rushing attempt. That means he roughly gets one touch per game on offense. He's top 5 in both kickoff and punt returns. It's literally like the above simply don't want to believe the stats and just rant because that's how they feel and it's not going to change.

    There's no sentimental attachment, if the guy was doing crappy I'd want him off the field. But it's blatantly obvious to anyone who understands the game of football that Cribbs is a guy who still can play the game at a high level.

  • OK, I've had enough of looking at this pitiful topic day after day without responding - IF THERE'S ANYONE ON THIS TEAM THAT HAS A RIGHT TO COMPLAIN - ITS JOSH CRIBBS. Has the topic starter of this ever watched a Browns game?

  • OK, I've had enough of looking at this pitiful topic day after day without responding - IF THERE'S ANYONE ON THIS TEAM THAT HAS A RIGHT TO COMPLAIN - ITS JOSH CRIBBS. Has the topic starter of this ever watched a Browns game?

    @timpiker said:

    OK, I've had enough of looking at this pitiful topic day after day without responding - IF THERE'S ANYONE ON THIS TEAM THAT HAS A RIGHT TO COMPLAIN - ITS JOSH CRIBBS. Has the topic starter of this ever watched a Browns game?

    Hey I like Cribbs as a player but let's be honest here, we could lose him and not miss him one bit.

    As for him having the right to complain, well I don't feel sorry for him so why should he have the right to complain?

    Saying stuff like he says a lot of the times is a no no. So he gets a pass because he's been the only glimmer of something in the past five years?

  • OK, I've had enough of looking at this pitiful topic day after day without responding - IF THERE'S ANYONE ON THIS TEAM THAT HAS A RIGHT TO COMPLAIN - ITS JOSH CRIBBS. Has the topic starter of this ever watched a Browns game?

    @timpiker said:

    OK, I've had enough of looking at this pitiful topic day after day without responding - IF THERE'S ANYONE ON THIS TEAM THAT HAS A RIGHT TO COMPLAIN - ITS JOSH CRIBBS!!!!

    cough cough. did someone say cunt return?

    i know i only get .05 cents from my bitches everytime i lift 'em off the ground with my magically delicious magic bags. yo, and actually think what would happen if that coors cunt fucked around with my ladie's busch?

    knock a nigel out!!!

    happy sunday with the upset of the week...BROWNS WIN!!! BROWNS WIN!!!

  • @timpiker said:

    OK, I've had enough of looking at this pitiful topic day after day without responding - IF THERE'S ANYONE ON THIS TEAM THAT HAS A RIGHT TO COMPLAIN - ITS JOSH CRIBBS!!!!

    cough cough. did someone say cunt return?

    i know i only get .05 cents from my bitches everytime i lift 'em off the ground with my magically delicious magic bags. yo, and actually think what would happen if that coors cunt fucked around with my ladie's busch?

    knock a nigel out!!!

    happy sunday with the upset of the week...BROWNS WIN!!! BROWNS WIN!!!

    @miktoxic said:

    cough cough. did someone say cunt return?

    i know i only get .05 cents from my bitches everytime i lift 'em off the ground with my magically delicious magic bags. yo, and actually think what would happen if that coors cunt fucked around with my ladie's busch?

    knock a nigel out!!!

    happy sunday with the upset of the week...BROWNS WIN!!! BROWNS WIN!!!

    Wow I must really be getting old because i understood nothing short of the last sentence here...

  • @miktoxic said:

    cough cough. did someone say cunt return?

    i know i only get .05 cents from my bitches everytime i lift 'em off the ground with my magically delicious magic bags. yo, and actually think what would happen if that coors cunt fucked around with my ladie's busch?

    knock a nigel out!!!

    happy sunday with the upset of the week...BROWNS WIN!!! BROWNS WIN!!!

    Wow I must really be getting old because i understood nothing short of the last sentence here...

    @xanthros said:

    Wow I must really be getting old because i understood nothing short of the last sentence here...

    sorry X. it was written to be that way.

    my version og ghoulie only i was drunk doing an sec game @3:30.

    kinda came home and opened the BIG mouth. usually my girl is there to prevent me from doing so.

  • @timpiker said:

    OK, I've had enough of looking at this pitiful topic day after day without responding - IF THERE'S ANYONE ON THIS TEAM THAT HAS A RIGHT TO COMPLAIN - ITS JOSH CRIBBS. Has the topic starter of this ever watched a Browns game?

    Hey I like Cribbs as a player but let's be honest here, we could lose him and not miss him one bit.

    As for him having the right to complain, well I don't feel sorry for him so why should he have the right to complain?

    Saying stuff like he says a lot of the times is a no no. So he gets a pass because he's been the only glimmer of something in the past five years?

    @badnewsbrowns said:

    Hey I like Cribbs as a player but let's be honest here, we could lose him and not miss him one bit.

    Him being top five in punt and kick-off returns gives our offense a much needed boost towards the endzone considering the conservative play calling. He might not be the same scoring threat he was three years ago, but we most definitely would miss him. It just boggles my mind how a guy who is still a top five player in his specialty is being so talked down on. I mean, I get it; we as Browns' fans talk about Cribbs the same way fans of good teams talk about their star offensive playmakers, when he's a just special teams player. Maybe that's a little hokey and reflects on our losing culture, but so what? Cribbs still kills it out there. Would you want to get rid of a top five long snapper? A top five punter? A top five gunner (who, if they kept stats on that, Cribbs might be as well)?

  • Shurmur would rather waste downs and lose games by having weeden throw to likes of marecic and momass or on 3rd and less than one sending trich around the end instead of over the middle..

    This team leads the nfl in dropped passes and cribbs isnt the problem the likes of momass and little are not to mention our TEs are usually none existent..

    Cribbs is better as a WR than either of these 2 jackoffs and if coach shitmur would use cribbs more he will produce while little and momass continue to have problems identifying an incoming pass or even running the proper route, both these guys have very poor instincts when it comes to going after the ball or preventing a route jumper from coming up with it ..

  • Shurmur would rather waste downs and lose games by having weeden throw to likes of marecic and momass or on 3rd and less than one sending trich around the end instead of over the middle..

    This team leads the nfl in dropped passes and cribbs isnt the problem the likes of momass and little are not to mention our TEs are usually none existent..

    Cribbs is better as a WR than either of these 2 jackoffs and if coach shitmur would use cribbs more he will produce while little and momass continue to have problems identifying an incoming pass or even running the proper route, both these guys have very poor instincts when it comes to going after the ball or preventing a route jumper from coming up with it ..

    @gips said:

    Shurmur would rather waste downs and lose games by having weeden throw to likes of marecic and momass or on 3rd and less than one sending trich around the end instead of over the middle..

    This team leads the nfl in dropped passes and cribbs isnt the problem the likes of momass and little are not to mention our TEs are usually none existent..

    Cribbs is better as a WR than either of these 2 jackoffs and if coach shitmur would use cribbs more he will produce while little and momass continue to have problems identifying an incoming pass or even running the proper route, both these guys have very poor instincts when it comes to going after the ball or preventing a route jumper from coming up with it ..

    Ok let's be honest here. You can hate on MoMass all you want - but not for his play on the field. He is a fine route runner and actually catches the ball. If he can ever stay healthy he will be a fine receiver, but until then, he won't consistently produce.