Skip to content

Andrew Luck

The Browns Board
41 21 3.0k
  • I pooped

    @wrrebel said:

    I pooped

    and you changed your avatar within an hour last night from a gay batman to a baby hitler.

    nice job. hitler = romney

    gay batman = obama

    too bad romney waqsn't a gay right winger. (but i'm sure there are so many of them in the closet that they'll die never letting themselves live the life they want to).

  • Couple things:

    Andrew Luck is very good yes.

    BUT

    The Colts have the easiest schedule in the entire league (by far).

    Luck has played some atrotious defenses other then his first game at the Bears, in which he had a bad game.

    Secondly, they let Luck throw on average of 48 times per game, if you cant get 350+ yards throwing the ball that many times, tehn you shouldnt be in the NFL.

    Third, Luck is the 29th rated passser in the league in QB Rating (not that dumb QBR that ESPN has when the only stats that matter are in the 4th quarter)

    Fourth, Andrew Luck has a #1 WR HOFer in Wayne, and a good Oline. He may not have a run game, but that being said, he gets to air it out 50 times a game. He has less then 60% completion percentage. Hes played defenses like the Titans, Vikings, Jaguars, Packers(Packers defense gives up a ton of pass yards), Miami. These defenses are not very good, obviously.

    Weeden, Tannehil and RG3 have MUCH tougher schedules, Weeden and RG3 have some of the toughest schedules in the league due to playing NFC east and AFC north.

    Luck is about to come back down to earth AFTER the game tonight. They will beat the Jags, then they play NE, Houston TWICE, and a couple other tough games. You will see then why the kids a rookie, and not picked as the chosen one just yet.

  • Luck checks down more than any QB I have seen in awhile. He goes against a bunch of average teams and people go all wild. His team is offensively prepared and conditioned. They make plays against these average teams.

    Better technician than most rookie QB's, but the league will eventually force him to throw downfield and that is when problems will begin.

    @hempman said:

    Luck checks down more than any QB I have seen in awhile. He goes against a bunch of average teams and people go all wild. His team is offensively prepared and conditioned. They make plays against these average teams.

    Better technician than most rookie QB's, but the league will eventually force him to throw downfield and that is when problems will begin.

    Shows how much you know. He leads the league in # of passes 20+ yards (37 pass plays). His 10.5 yds past the line of scrimmage per reception is also #1 in the league. Look it up. That means he's airing it out down the field more than anyone. You lose that argument BIG time.

  • @horn-of-lake-erie said:

    I am in agreement that Andrew Luck will not be nearly as "amazing" as people make him out to be relative to the other rookie QBs. In my opinion, Tannehill has been the best QB and I'd predict that he'll be the best QB from this class.

    Think about it...

    -He has thrown over 40 passes in his last 5 games. I'd hope he'd break 300 yards as mny times as he has...

    -Half the teams he's played against rank in the bottom 30% of total yards given up

    -He completed 47% against the Jags?

    It's no wonder that the only rookie QB people talk about right now is RG.

    I havent watched any of Luck's games other than the CLE-IND game. He did well enough to win, but did any body else find Indy's offense EXTREMELY BORING?? For me it was night and day, when Cle. Was on offense i was into the game but when Indy was on offense i'd want to fall asleep.....so damn bland man

    @slimdawg said:

    I havent watched any of Luck's games other than the CLE-IND game. He did well enough to win, but did any body else find Indy's offense EXTREMELY BORING?? For me it was night and day, when Cle. Was on offense i was into the game but when Indy was on offense i'd want to fall asleep.....so damn bland man

    Watch the packers or miami game then talk to me. People like to talk shit without hardly ever see them play.

  • Ghoolie is an idiot. Weve said that forever and it still holds up more true than all his BS 500 word post/rants.

    @typicalbrowns said:

    Ghoolie is an idiot. Weve said that forever and it still holds up more true than all his BS 500 word post/rants.

    Idiot is an understatement.

  • Couple things:

    Andrew Luck is very good yes.

    BUT

    The Colts have the easiest schedule in the entire league (by far).

    Luck has played some atrotious defenses other then his first game at the Bears, in which he had a bad game.

    Secondly, they let Luck throw on average of 48 times per game, if you cant get 350+ yards throwing the ball that many times, tehn you shouldnt be in the NFL.

    Third, Luck is the 29th rated passser in the league in QB Rating (not that dumb QBR that ESPN has when the only stats that matter are in the 4th quarter)

    Fourth, Andrew Luck has a #1 WR HOFer in Wayne, and a good Oline. He may not have a run game, but that being said, he gets to air it out 50 times a game. He has less then 60% completion percentage. Hes played defenses like the Titans, Vikings, Jaguars, Packers(Packers defense gives up a ton of pass yards), Miami. These defenses are not very good, obviously.

    Weeden, Tannehil and RG3 have MUCH tougher schedules, Weeden and RG3 have some of the toughest schedules in the league due to playing NFC east and AFC north.

    Luck is about to come back down to earth AFTER the game tonight. They will beat the Jags, then they play NE, Houston TWICE, and a couple other tough games. You will see then why the kids a rookie, and not picked as the chosen one just yet.

    @skinsfan28 said:

    Couple things:

    Andrew Luck is very good yes.

    BUT

    The Colts have the easiest schedule in the entire league (by far).

    Luck has played some atrotious defenses other then his first game at the Bears, in which he had a bad game.

    Secondly, they let Luck throw on average of 48 times per game, if you cant get 350+ yards throwing the ball that many times, tehn you shouldnt be in the NFL.

    Third, Luck is the 29th rated passser in the league in QB Rating (not that dumb QBR that ESPN has when the only stats that matter are in the 4th quarter)

    Fourth, Andrew Luck has a #1 WR HOFer in Wayne, and a good Oline. He may not have a run game, but that being said, he gets to air it out 50 times a game. He has less then 60% completion percentage. Hes played defenses like the Titans, Vikings, Jaguars, Packers(Packers defense gives up a ton of pass yards), Miami. These defenses are not very good, obviously.

    Weeden, Tannehil and RG3 have MUCH tougher schedules, Weeden and RG3 have some of the toughest schedules in the league due to playing NFC east and AFC north.

    Luck is about to come back down to earth AFTER the game tonight. They will beat the Jags, then they play NE, Houston TWICE, and a couple other tough games. You will see then why the kids a rookie, and not picked as the chosen one just yet.

    You're just an upset skins fan who's rookie QB is no longer the darling of the nfl this week. I don't hear colts fans dissing RG3. Show some class.

  • Btw, the shmuck is 6-3 and setting records. Have a nice day.

  • Btw, the shmuck is 6-3 and setting records. Have a nice day.

    @oldcolt said:

    Btw, the shmuck is 6-3 and setting records. Have a nice day.

    But no, "he played bad teams, has a weak schedule, he's SLOW and dumb". Dude RAN in 2 last night. He's a winner.

  • The real question is who is goofier looking. Luck or Weeden? Its s tough call really. If i had to do one, i am not sure who i choose, any ideas?

  • @skinsfan28 said:

    Couple things:

    Andrew Luck is very good yes.

    BUT

    The Colts have the easiest schedule in the entire league (by far).

    Luck has played some atrotious defenses other then his first game at the Bears, in which he had a bad game.

    Secondly, they let Luck throw on average of 48 times per game, if you cant get 350+ yards throwing the ball that many times, tehn you shouldnt be in the NFL.

    Third, Luck is the 29th rated passser in the league in QB Rating (not that dumb QBR that ESPN has when the only stats that matter are in the 4th quarter)

    Fourth, Andrew Luck has a #1 WR HOFer in Wayne, and a good Oline. He may not have a run game, but that being said, he gets to air it out 50 times a game. He has less then 60% completion percentage. Hes played defenses like the Titans, Vikings, Jaguars, Packers(Packers defense gives up a ton of pass yards), Miami. These defenses are not very good, obviously.

    Weeden, Tannehil and RG3 have MUCH tougher schedules, Weeden and RG3 have some of the toughest schedules in the league due to playing NFC east and AFC north.

    Luck is about to come back down to earth AFTER the game tonight. They will beat the Jags, then they play NE, Houston TWICE, and a couple other tough games. You will see then why the kids a rookie, and not picked as the chosen one just yet.

    You're just an upset skins fan who's rookie QB is no longer the darling of the nfl this week. I don't hear colts fans dissing RG3. Show some class.

    @oldcolt said:

    You're just an upset skins fan who's rookie QB is no longer the darling of the nfl this week. I don't hear colts fans dissing RG3. Show some class.

    LOL

    Really Colt? Really?

    Colts fans dont dis Rg3?

    Give me a break. Ive been on Colts boards and all you guys do is talk smack. Especially the race card. I could literally show you 3 different titles of posts that are talking about RG3 busting cause hes a "black" QB.

    Secondly, I didnt "dis" anyone. I spoke the truth, and you didnt like it. who has Luck played that has a half decent defense OTHER than the Bears?

    Colts = easiest schedule in the NFL, not to mention the rest of the division other than the Texans is a joke, and he throws 50 times a game. Is Luck a great QB? ABSOLUTELY. Is he getting too much credit due to the reasons I just said above? ABSOLUTELY.

    Ill be the first to admit they were crowning RG3 the HOFer way before they should have, and I admitted to that. I said hes going to struggle, he has one of the, if not one of the then the toughest schedule in the NFL. Of course hes going to have bad games, hes a rookie. Same thing with Luck, now that the "easy" games are out of the way, lets see how he plays against teams that arent the Jaguars or the Titans or the "we give 500 yards away to anyone" Packers. Texans X2, New England, Detroit, 4 of your next 6 games, then we shall see how he does against a decent defense.

    But please dont say Im bitter. I wanted Luck for 2 years. I do think he will be a HOFer. I was jealous that somehow the city of Indianapolis who cares more about basketball then football gets so lucky when it comes to QBs (Elway [who didnt want to play for them], George, Manning and Luck), and they are spoiled rotten now because of Peyton and Luck, and here we are giving away 3 drafts just to get a QB. But, dont say Im salty because my QB isnt the "media darling" anymore.

    I wish RG3 played the jags twice, Titans twice, and also play the Dolphins.

    Youll see quite soon my friend, Lucks good, but hes not great... yet.

  • @slimdawg said:

    I havent watched any of Luck's games other than the CLE-IND game. He did well enough to win, but did any body else find Indy's offense EXTREMELY BORING?? For me it was night and day, when Cle. Was on offense i was into the game but when Indy was on offense i'd want to fall asleep.....so damn bland man

    Watch the packers or miami game then talk to me. People like to talk shit without hardly ever see them play.

    @oldcolt said:

    Watch the packers or miami game then talk to me. People like to talk shit without hardly ever see them play.

    Where was i talking shit? I said i only watched the one game, and they looked boring. Sorry if that rubbed your pussy the wrong way.

  • @oldcolt said:

    You're just an upset skins fan who's rookie QB is no longer the darling of the nfl this week. I don't hear colts fans dissing RG3. Show some class.

    LOL

    Really Colt? Really?

    Colts fans dont dis Rg3?

    Give me a break. Ive been on Colts boards and all you guys do is talk smack. Especially the race card. I could literally show you 3 different titles of posts that are talking about RG3 busting cause hes a "black" QB.

    Secondly, I didnt "dis" anyone. I spoke the truth, and you didnt like it. who has Luck played that has a half decent defense OTHER than the Bears?

    Colts = easiest schedule in the NFL, not to mention the rest of the division other than the Texans is a joke, and he throws 50 times a game. Is Luck a great QB? ABSOLUTELY. Is he getting too much credit due to the reasons I just said above? ABSOLUTELY.

    Ill be the first to admit they were crowning RG3 the HOFer way before they should have, and I admitted to that. I said hes going to struggle, he has one of the, if not one of the then the toughest schedule in the NFL. Of course hes going to have bad games, hes a rookie. Same thing with Luck, now that the "easy" games are out of the way, lets see how he plays against teams that arent the Jaguars or the Titans or the "we give 500 yards away to anyone" Packers. Texans X2, New England, Detroit, 4 of your next 6 games, then we shall see how he does against a decent defense.

    But please dont say Im bitter. I wanted Luck for 2 years. I do think he will be a HOFer. I was jealous that somehow the city of Indianapolis who cares more about basketball then football gets so lucky when it comes to QBs (Elway [who didnt want to play for them], George, Manning and Luck), and they are spoiled rotten now because of Peyton and Luck, and here we are giving away 3 drafts just to get a QB. But, dont say Im salty because my QB isnt the "media darling" anymore.

    I wish RG3 played the jags twice, Titans twice, and also play the Dolphins.

    Youll see quite soon my friend, Lucks good, but hes not great... yet.

    @skinsfan28 said:

    LOL

    Really Colt? Really?

    Colts fans dont dis Rg3?

    Give me a break. Ive been on Colts boards and all you guys do is talk smack. Especially the race card. I could literally show you 3 different titles of posts that are talking about RG3 busting cause hes a "black" QB.

    Secondly, I didnt "dis" anyone. I spoke the truth, and you didnt like it. who has Luck played that has a half decent defense OTHER than the Bears?

    Colts = easiest schedule in the NFL, not to mention the rest of the division other than the Texans is a joke, and he throws 50 times a game. Is Luck a great QB? ABSOLUTELY. Is he getting too much credit due to the reasons I just said above? ABSOLUTELY.

    Ill be the first to admit they were crowning RG3 the HOFer way before they should have, and I admitted to that. I said hes going to struggle, he has one of the, if not one of the then the toughest schedule in the NFL. Of course hes going to have bad games, hes a rookie. Same thing with Luck, now that the "easy" games are out of the way, lets see how he plays against teams that arent the Jaguars or the Titans or the "we give 500 yards away to anyone" Packers. Texans X2, New England, Detroit, 4 of your next 6 games, then we shall see how he does against a decent defense.

    But please dont say Im bitter. I wanted Luck for 2 years. I do think he will be a HOFer. I was jealous that somehow the city of Indianapolis who cares more about basketball then football gets so lucky when it comes to QBs (Elway [who didnt want to play for them], George, Manning and Luck), and they are spoiled rotten now because of Peyton and Luck, and here we are giving away 3 drafts just to get a QB. But, dont say Im salty because my QB isnt the "media darling" anymore.

    I wish RG3 played the jags twice, Titans twice, and also play the Dolphins.

    Youll see quite soon my friend, Lucks good, but hes not great... yet.

    Correct me if I'm wrong, but the Redskins have played some atrocious defenses themselves.

    #32 ranked New Orleans Saints

    #20 ranked Cincinnati Bengals

    #29 ranked Tampa Bay Buccaneers

    #25 ranked New York Giants

    And of those, the only two wins were against the #32 ranked team and the #29 ranked team, respectively.

    Granted, they did beat the #11 ranked Vikings, but all in all you haven't been playing world beaters yourselves.

    You've only played one top 10 defense in the Steelers.

  • QB-turned-tackler Andrew Luck draws high praise from Colts teammates after throwing INT

    "If I'm going to be the one who turns the ball over, I'm damn sure going to at least try and stop the guy," Luck said without a hint of a smile or chuckle.

    "Oh, I know exactly what he was thinking after that interception," left tackle Anthony Castonzo said. "He was like, 'That mother effer, I'm going to go get him."

    "He's a football player, not just a quarterback," Redding said. "He made a football play when he had to. He made a mistake, that happens. But when you make a mistake, you do something about it and he did."

    "Man, that was nice, that show of toughness," Colts backup linebacker Moise Fokou said. "You see the quarterback do that, take one for the team like that, it gets you fired up, knowing he's going to be just like the rest of us.

    But I guess Fhoolie who has never played a down since grade school knows better than those who have. For that matter every analyst on the air.

    These are what you call intangibles. Leadership.

  • Guys it's just not worth it. It's blatantly obvious Luck is a franchise QB and is in the mold of the once every 7-8 year talent. It's like saying Megan Fox isn't hot because of her awkward ass thumbs, just people hating on someone better than them.

    megan-fox-thumbs-1.jpg

  • @skinsfan28 said:

    LOL

    Really Colt? Really?

    Colts fans dont dis Rg3?

    Give me a break. Ive been on Colts boards and all you guys do is talk smack. Especially the race card. I could literally show you 3 different titles of posts that are talking about RG3 busting cause hes a "black" QB.

    Secondly, I didnt "dis" anyone. I spoke the truth, and you didnt like it. who has Luck played that has a half decent defense OTHER than the Bears?

    Colts = easiest schedule in the NFL, not to mention the rest of the division other than the Texans is a joke, and he throws 50 times a game. Is Luck a great QB? ABSOLUTELY. Is he getting too much credit due to the reasons I just said above? ABSOLUTELY.

    Ill be the first to admit they were crowning RG3 the HOFer way before they should have, and I admitted to that. I said hes going to struggle, he has one of the, if not one of the then the toughest schedule in the NFL. Of course hes going to have bad games, hes a rookie. Same thing with Luck, now that the "easy" games are out of the way, lets see how he plays against teams that arent the Jaguars or the Titans or the "we give 500 yards away to anyone" Packers. Texans X2, New England, Detroit, 4 of your next 6 games, then we shall see how he does against a decent defense.

    But please dont say Im bitter. I wanted Luck for 2 years. I do think he will be a HOFer. I was jealous that somehow the city of Indianapolis who cares more about basketball then football gets so lucky when it comes to QBs (Elway [who didnt want to play for them], George, Manning and Luck), and they are spoiled rotten now because of Peyton and Luck, and here we are giving away 3 drafts just to get a QB. But, dont say Im salty because my QB isnt the "media darling" anymore.

    I wish RG3 played the jags twice, Titans twice, and also play the Dolphins.

    Youll see quite soon my friend, Lucks good, but hes not great... yet.

    Correct me if I'm wrong, but the Redskins have played some atrocious defenses themselves.

    #32 ranked New Orleans Saints

    #20 ranked Cincinnati Bengals

    #29 ranked Tampa Bay Buccaneers

    #25 ranked New York Giants

    And of those, the only two wins were against the #32 ranked team and the #29 ranked team, respectively.

    Granted, they did beat the #11 ranked Vikings, but all in all you haven't been playing world beaters yourselves.

    You've only played one top 10 defense in the Steelers.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Correct me if I'm wrong, but the Redskins have played some atrocious defenses themselves.

    #32 ranked New Orleans Saints

    #20 ranked Cincinnati Bengals

    #29 ranked Tampa Bay Buccaneers

    #25 ranked New York Giants

    And of those, the only two wins were against the #32 ranked team and the #29 ranked team, respectively.

    Granted, they did beat the #11 ranked Vikings, but all in all you haven't been playing world beaters yourselves.

    You've only played one top 10 defense in the Steelers.

    Im talking about PASS defense, not defense as a whole, and:

    1. Pit (Loss)

    9. Minnesota (Win)

    12. Carolina(Loss)

    13. Atlanta(loss, Rg3 knocked out beginning of 3rd)

    15. Rams(loss)

    19. Cincy(loss)

    26. Giants(loss)

    29. Saints

    32. Bucs(win)

    We have played 5 top 15 defenses, (6 top 20), and 3 lower end passing defenses (giants and Bucs)

    The Colts have played:

    6. Jets (Luck had a terrible game and they got murdered)

    9. Vikings(win)

    16. Bears (Lucks first game, loss)

    20. Green Bay(win)

    23. Browns(win)

    25. Jaguars TWICE(won both)

    27 Titans(win)

    30. Dolphins(win)

    The Colts have only played 2 PASS defenses in the top 15. The 16th ranked pass D killed them, and the Jets 6th ranked pass d killed them too. They have played 6 games with defenses of the pass are in the bottom 12, including the Jags twice.

    Vikings were the only team the Colts beat with a good pass defense, this is also true for the Redskins.

  • It is way too early to annoint anybody the next Dan Marino. Luck is having a great rookie season, but that is no reason to go overboard. Look at Cam Newton. Time will tell. I am not knocking the kid, I think that he will be a good QB, but he has to prove it first. Secondly, Reggie Wayne is still awesome. I wish that the Browns would get a vet wideout like that this offseason. It would help Weeden a ton while he and Little and Gordon develop.

    Edit: Speaking of last night's game, Blackmon laid another turd. He did nothing and got flagged for an illegal block a la Josh Gordon that nullified a big play. A lot of fans were demanding for the Brown's to pick him in the #4 spot this spring and gave Heckert a lot of flack for not grabbing a WR in the first round. I, for one, and glad that T.H. does not sway to the cries of the fans.

  • It is way too early to annoint anybody the next Dan Marino. Luck is having a great rookie season, but that is no reason to go overboard. Look at Cam Newton. Time will tell. I am not knocking the kid, I think that he will be a good QB, but he has to prove it first. Secondly, Reggie Wayne is still awesome. I wish that the Browns would get a vet wideout like that this offseason. It would help Weeden a ton while he and Little and Gordon develop.

    Edit: Speaking of last night's game, Blackmon laid another turd. He did nothing and got flagged for an illegal block a la Josh Gordon that nullified a big play. A lot of fans were demanding for the Brown's to pick him in the #4 spot this spring and gave Heckert a lot of flack for not grabbing a WR in the first round. I, for one, and glad that T.H. does not sway to the cries of the fans.

    @daninnyc said:

    It is way too early to annoint anybody the next Dan Marino. Luck is having a great rookie season, but that is no reason to go overboard.

    Who's going overboard? Not me. He's having a great rookie season, that's all. I couldn't be happier. He's on pace to have 4,700 yds. Not bad for a rookie, right? But Foolie and gang are just haters who will make any excuse as to why he sucks. He doesn't suck. Mark Sanchez sucks, whoever QB's the cardinals sucks, jake locker sucks,...... But to say Luck sucks is pure ignorance and hatred. Btw, Peyton Manning and Luck had identical yards before this week (2402) Luck's on pace to shatter every rookie record except rushing TD's. Not bad, huh?

    Oh wait, I forgot about the haters who make up reasons why people suck. 6-3 Bitch. Make up that stat, loser.

  • @daninnyc said:

    It is way too early to annoint anybody the next Dan Marino. Luck is having a great rookie season, but that is no reason to go overboard.

    Who's going overboard? Not me. He's having a great rookie season, that's all. I couldn't be happier. He's on pace to have 4,700 yds. Not bad for a rookie, right? But Foolie and gang are just haters who will make any excuse as to why he sucks. He doesn't suck. Mark Sanchez sucks, whoever QB's the cardinals sucks, jake locker sucks,...... But to say Luck sucks is pure ignorance and hatred. Btw, Peyton Manning and Luck had identical yards before this week (2402) Luck's on pace to shatter every rookie record except rushing TD's. Not bad, huh?

    Oh wait, I forgot about the haters who make up reasons why people suck. 6-3 Bitch. Make up that stat, loser.

    @oldcolt said:

    Who's going overboard? Not me. He's having a great rookie season, that's all. I couldn't be happier. He's on pace to have 4,700 yds. Not bad for a rookie, right? But Foolie and gang are just haters who will make any excuse as to why he sucks. He doesn't suck. Mark Sanchez sucks, whoever QB's the cardinals sucks, jake locker sucks,...... But to say Luck sucks is pure ignorance and hatred. Btw, Peyton Manning and Luck had identical yards before this week (2402) Luck's on pace to shatter every rookie record except rushing TD's. Not bad, huh?

    Oh wait, I forgot about the haters who make up reasons why people suck. 6-3 Bitch. Make up that stat, loser.

    One thing I don't understand is why you keep coming to a Browns board and telling us how great Luck is. We played our game, it's over, move on.

  • If you would take a step back from trying to be an internet sensation and read some of the shit you write, like the above post, you would see just how ridiculous you look to the rest of us. Man, what a sad life you must lead.

  • @oldcolt said:

    Who's going overboard? Not me. He's having a great rookie season, that's all. I couldn't be happier. He's on pace to have 4,700 yds. Not bad for a rookie, right? But Foolie and gang are just haters who will make any excuse as to why he sucks. He doesn't suck. Mark Sanchez sucks, whoever QB's the cardinals sucks, jake locker sucks,...... But to say Luck sucks is pure ignorance and hatred. Btw, Peyton Manning and Luck had identical yards before this week (2402) Luck's on pace to shatter every rookie record except rushing TD's. Not bad, huh?

    Oh wait, I forgot about the haters who make up reasons why people suck. 6-3 Bitch. Make up that stat, loser.

    One thing I don't understand is why you keep coming to a Browns board and telling us how great Luck is. We played our game, it's over, move on.

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    One thing I don't understand is why you keep coming to a Browns board and telling us how great Luck is. We played our game, it's over, move on.

    For real. Kudos, ghoolie you've successfully stolen this persons soul.