Skip to content

Exit Polls

Political Discussion
110 14 2.9k
  • @heckofajobbrownie said:

    Allen West lost. All four gay marriage amendments won. Legal marijuana in Colorado and Washington. Mia Love lost. Scott Brown lost big.

    Michele Bachmann survived.

    2 states fully legalizing marijuana was a surprise, though its still against federal law so there will likely be a long court battle before its actually legalized.

    @sadbrownsfan said:

    2 states fully legalizing marijuana was a surprise, though its still against federal law so there will likely be a long court battle before its actually legalized.

    Yeah, I don't know how they proceed there. Still a good issue to push. That debate has to be moved along and these types of public statements help move it.

  • "If only Steve could launch into an explanation of why that's not racist, and how Democrats are the real racists, this could be the greatest thread ever."

    Now it's scene, Alo.

  • I think your obsession has blinded you.

    I don't really understand it but oh well.

    I guess you'll need something to seethe about for a couple years.

    I guess this will be as good as an excuse as any to cover up 48 more months of failure.

    WSS

  • One of these days you'll understand how you use projection and denial and logical fallacies to avoid arguments you don't like because they don't fit your world view.

    I'm just kidding. No you won't.

  • I'll try it this way:

    Saint also represents a small portion of the Democrat Party. ...No, he doesn't. There are racists in the Democratic Party for sure, but they're smaller in numbers and aren't tolerated whatsoever. To listen to the Republican Party you'd think racism is dead, except for the most serious problem with racism, which is reverse-racism.

    The blue collar redneck bunch that hates Republicans worse than Negros. ...Um, yeah. You're mixing apples and racism.

    But I'm perfectly aware, and I have never denied, that that faction exists. ....Not really. You never talk about it. You'll only talk about how Democrats are the real racists.

    If anyone is in denial, sir, it's you. ...Uh-huh.

    I don't think many people among white Republicans accept the klan as a legitimate and respectable organization. ...No, and that's not the point. Racism isn't as bad as it was in the Klan days, and the Klan, though not dead, is no longer a real political force in the South. They're smallish bands of hate groups. But the problem of racism persists. Klan racism is not the only form of racism. So this is a straw man.

    But the New Black Panthers and Nation of Islam are given a seat at the table in your party. ...You've got to be joking. But you aren't. This is incredibly stupid and Fox Newsy. The New Black Panthers, all eight of them, are a right-wing obsession with zero political power in any party, including the New Black Panthers. The reason we're all laughing at you as Fox News breaks into their coverage to show Scary Black Man at the polls (after obsessing about the two from 2008 until 2010) is because you guys actually think they're important. I mean, listen to yourself. The Nation of Islam gets a seat at the table in the Democratic Party? Are you out of your mind?

    Statements like these are why I laugh at your incredibly bizarre and completely unfounded view of the Democratic Party, or blacks in general. Steve, my man, you're just fucking clueless on this stuff. Completely and utterly clueless. It's as if you get all of your information from Cal's websites.

    At the very least they arent reviled as most Republicans would revile the klan. ...If you stopped concentrating on the extremes you could join the adult conversation.

    I don't see the counterparts to Jeremiah Wright Jesse Jackson Al Sharpton or the black Congressional Caucus among white Republicans. ...Yes, because you're clueless. The counterparts to Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton are Mike Huckabee, James Dobson, Rick Warren, etc. And if you think the idea that blacks have a caucus is strange, then I don't know what to tell you. But it's really not evidence of black racism. I'm presuming that's what you think it is. But it's not.

    If there were you'd be carrying pitchforks and torches. ...Weeeeee.

    And anecdotally the most racist handful of people I have the pleasure to associate with on occasion hate n****** but they hate Governor Kasich more. ...You've made your anecdotal point over a dozen times. It doesn't get less anecdotally. Also, why are so many of your friends racist assholes?

    1 particular bunch ( on disability just for fun) is furious that they can't go to 3 doctors for oxycoton anymore. ...Again, these sound like marvelous people.

    So you really can spare me the holier than thou shit. ...Tough morning. I get it.

  • You do pose a real question. Only 1 of those guys do I consider a friend and that's a long and contentious story I'll get to it sometime. The rest are really acquaintances and if I never saw them again I'd be okay with it.

    But you complain about anecdotal?

    Come on.

    At any rate I just assume that you champion 1 particular demographic in the way you do because of political or financial gain.

    I'd ask you to at least think for a minute after the New Deal the Great Society the Civil Rights Act and four long years of Obama it seems as though their situation has worsened.

    Not only that but in almost every intercity ghetto the politicians are predominantly Democrat and usually black as well.

    Blaming me or other people my color wins elections but it doesn't solve anything.

    Frankly I think your side has too much to lose by taking down the racism banner.

    As for being a bad day, my 3 major concerns today have nothing to do with the empty suit.

    Is it too much of a cliche to say it's not a bad day for me it's a bad day for America!

    <g>

    WSS

  • I complain about anecdotal when it keeps being trotted out to prove that Democrats are the real racists, yes.

    Look at the results of the election, my man. Just look at them. Which party has a broad coalition of people, races, etc., and which one is largely made up of older white people, especially older white men? And here's the reality of why that is: because minorities know how lots of Republicans think about them. You really think I could bring a black or Hispanic voter on this board and show them what the Republicans on here write and it would win them over? Or that it's confined to this board?

    Ana Navarro, who is Hispanic and Republican, was making this point on CNN last night. She wondered if Republicans actually believe that Hispanics don't hear the way Republican base talks about Hispanics (illegals and criminals), or that blacks don't hear the way the base talks about blacks (lazy welfare moochers). Then she said that Romney might have lost the election because he had to run in the Republican primaries. Her line was "He self-deported from White House."

  • At any rate I just assume that you champion 1 particular demographic in the way you do because of political or financial gain.

    This is one of the more laughable attacks you level, and you do it with a fair amount of regularity. Yes, Steve, we're evil, underhanded people who don't have any real beliefs, like, say, that racism is a bad thing and should be called out, we're just using it as a lever for partisan advantage. And financial! I know talking to you about race on a fucking message board has made me a very rich man! Why, if there weren't so many scheming Democratic political operatives using racism for financial gain no one would even notice racism is there!

    Or maybe it's because we think racism has no place in American society, and that calling it out is how that society improves. And has. Just a guess there.

    I'd ask you to at least think for a minute after the New Deal the Great Society the Civil Rights Act and four long years of Obama it seems as though their situation has worsened.

    This is pathetic. The New Deal had nothing to do with improving the lives of black Americans, so I don't know what you're talking about. And the Civil Rights Act was about civil rights for blacks. You're contending that blacks were better off before the Civil Rights Act? What fucking universe do you live in? What's more, the economic and educational status of black America has improved dramatically since the 60s. You'd have to take Great Society and anti-poverty programs individually. And the Obama statement is just fucking funny. That's some hackery.

    Not only that but in almost every intercity ghetto the politicians are predominantly Democrat and usually black as well. ...So? I don't know what your point is. You would like them to vote for someone they like less, but you like more? Should Evangelicals in Colorado Springs vote for black Democrats? It'll be like an exchange program!

    Blaming me or other people my color wins elections but it doesn't solve anything. ...Not true at all. Depends on if those people are at fault. Then they should be held accountable for not solving things.

    Frankly I think your side has too much to lose by taking down the racism banner. ...I'm sure you do think that. But you think a lot of things about Democrats, and they're all wrong. They're always pathetic caricatures from a grumpy old man who prefers resentment over facts.

  • Got lots of work to do today. I'll let you simmer in peace.

  • <br /><b><br /> By the way Saint or whoever you are if you keep this shit up I will ask the administration to boot your ass. <br />WSS </b><br />

    You have no bearings or hold on what I do or say. Neither does any one of your administrators for they are the jesters to the rest of the foolish children in here.

    I laugh at all of you fools, you can have your king while you celebrate the victory and destruction of this country that no longer serves our Lord. My comments are not meant to be racist but to grab attention of the evils that exist in our current society. We have foolish people who celebrate the deaths of unborn children they celebrate the homosexual movement and now they have their king.

    I understand that you read a lot, I'll suggest that you read up on what happened to the people of Israel who followed evil kings.

    MN08.jpg

    Do not be deceived by the words of men.

  • Sorry, dude. You're a racist. And everyone dislikes you and thinks you're an idiot and a bedwetter.

    Go complain to your ham radio.

  • Sorry, dude. You're a racist. And everyone dislikes you and thinks you're an idiot and a bedwetter.

    Go complain to your ham radio.

    @heckofajobbrownie said:

    Sorry, dude. You're a racist. And everyone dislikes you and thinks you're an idiot and a bedwetter.

    Go complain to your ham radio.

    I disagree with heck on a lot but not this. You're a douche Bunker T. Saint

  • Yes.

    That's about right.

    What in particular did you think was wrong?

    WSS

  • @heckofajobbrownie said:

    Sorry, dude. You're a racist. And everyone dislikes you and thinks you're an idiot and a bedwetter.

    Go complain to your ham radio.

    I disagree with heck on a lot but not this. You're a douche Bunker T. Saint

    @the-cysko-kid said:

    e Bunker T. Saint

    ]

    Hey wasn't that the leader of a soul band back in the sixty's?

    WSS

  • Yes.

    That's about right.

    What in particular did you think was wrong?

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    Yes.

    That's about right.

    What in particular did you think was wrong?

    WSS

    Oh God.

    Well, no one ever said O'Reilly didn't have an audience.

    I love this board. I really do. The Republican ID perfectly distilled, all of its component parts represented. You've got the paranoid Tea Party mental patients who'll believe any conspiracy they're told to believe and think Democrats are out to destroy America (Cal, Mr. T, Bunker, etc.), the older white resentment faction (Steve, Diehard, etc), the normal, less ideological guys (Cysko, Leg, Kosar), and the intellectual/financial elite (Tupa).

    We're really just missing the born again/megachurch variety to remind us that Jesus is the light and the way.

  • Pray on it my child

    and it will happen

  • @westside-steve said:

    Yes.

    That's about right.

    What in particular did you think was wrong?

    WSS

    Oh God.

    Well, no one ever said O'Reilly didn't have an audience.

    I love this board. I really do. The Republican ID perfectly distilled, all of its component parts represented. You've got the paranoid Tea Party mental patients who'll believe any conspiracy they're told to believe and think Democrats are out to destroy America (Cal, Mr. T, Bunker, etc.), the older white resentment faction (Steve, Diehard, etc), the normal, less ideological guys (Cysko, Leg, Kosar), and the intellectual/financial elite (Tupa).

    We're really just missing the born again/megachurch variety to remind us that Jesus is the light and the way.

    @heckofajobbrownie said:

    Oh God.

    Well, no one ever said O'Reilly didn't have an audience.

    I love this board. I really do. The Republican ID perfectly distilled, all of its component parts represented. You've got the paranoid Tea Party mental patients who'll believe any conspiracy they're told to believe and think Democrats are out to destroy America (Cal, Mr. T, Bunker, etc.), the older white resentment faction (Steve, Diehard, etc), the normal, less ideological guys (Cysko, Leg, Kosar), and the intellectual/financial elite (Tupa).

    We're really just missing the born again/megachurch variety to remind us that Jesus is the light and the way.

    You're behind the times and take off the blinders- America is already destroyed, and yes the Republican party is almost equally to blame. We have a Washington bureaucracy answerable to no one. The snowball is already on it's way down the hill, it would just have taken it longer to hit bottom if Romney had won.

  • A great rule in politics is that usually when someone tells you "take your blinders off" they're the ones who are blind and have nothing to say.

    Though it is funny how universally accepted is the premise that Democrats don't know we have a fiscal crisis on our hands and now that Obama is elected we're going to go right off the cliff, when, of course, this election was partly won because President Obama's ideas - which, yes, were vague and incomplete during the campaign - on how to address the problem were preferred over Mitt Romney's.

    About 2/3rds of Americans prefer the Clinton-era tax rates to the Bush-era tax rates. That's what Obama campaigned on. Romney campaigned on lowering them way beyond the Bush tax cuts and then paying for all of this in fantasy land.

    Obama won.

    Let's not forget that Obama and Boehner were close to a deal on this stuff. They've just got to get a little closer.

    So you guys can just shut up about how you're the only people who can do math and liberals are just gleefully driving the car over the cliff. If last night taught us anything it's that Republicans are in denial and can't do basic math.

  • <br />Sorry, dude. You're a racist. And everyone dislikes you and thinks you're an idiot and a bedwetter. <br /><br />Go complain to your ham radio.<br />

    For one you do not even know what the definition of racist is. I also see that there are over 10,000 people who are members of this board and it is arrogant cunts like you who have ran them off, some feel as if it isn't worth the time to discuss politics let alone sports with manipulative cunts like yourself, so why bother.

    You are a waste of time and a waste of human flesh, so I wish you well and that you see the error of your ways so you will not be damned to hell.

    Take an other look at the polls and you will see that your beloved magic negro barely won, so there is still a good bunch of people in this world who care about values.

    The new normal in your eyes and perverted thinking is a road to destruction.