Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. The Browns Board
  3. Lawrence Vickers Eager To Play Browns

Lawrence Vickers Eager To Play Browns

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved The Browns Board
13 Posts 10 Posters 1.0k Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • PoeticG PoeticGP Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
    • 4k Posts
    • 658 Reputation
    PoeticGP PoeticG wrote on last edited by
    #1

    IRVING – Sunday's game against the Cleveland Browns is personal for Cowboys fullback Lawrence Vickers.

    Vickers, who is in his seventh NFL season, spent his first five years with the Browns.

    "It's personal for me because I was there, I know these guys, I know this organization," Vickers said Thursday. "I was there and when you've put in five years of your life and you put all you put into it, it's going to be personal to you.

    "It's not that I'm mad. I'm not mad or upset at all. Cleveland gave me a chance. They were the team that picked me in the draft so I'm forever indebted to them. They gave me a chance to do what I always wanted to do and that was play football, so it's no hate. It's more of celebrating."

    Vickers suffered a left knee injury Sunday in Philadelphia. He did not practice Wednesday and was limited on Thursday. But it will take more than a sore knee to keep him from playing against the team that drafted him in the sixth round in 2006.

    Asked if he would play Sunday, Vickers, who had two rushes for 11 yards and two receptions for 18 yards against the Eagles, responded: "Oh, come on now."

    What would it take for him to miss the game?

    "For me to die," Vickers said. "I ain't missing this for nothing in the world. It's personal, believe that one."

    http://www.foxsportssouthwest.com/11/15/12/Vickers-eager-to-play-against-the-Browns/landing_cowboys.html?blockID=820745&feedID=3742

    This one kinda stings. I remember Vickers calling out to Cleveland and Randy "fucking" Lerner to re-sign him and let him stay a Cleveland Brown. He practically begged. He said that there would come a day that he'd be leveling our LBs and leading the way for some other runningback for some other team. I think that we'll see this Sunday that losing Vickers was a mistake... I just hope that it doesn't cost us the game as well. Sorry Heckert, but this one is a mark against you- Just imagine Vickers lead blocking for Trent Richardson, it'd be epic.

    The secret of getting ahead is getting started. The secret of getting started is breaking your complex overwhelming tasks into small manageable tasks, and then starting on the first one. -Mark Twain- "It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." -Mark Twain-
    hoortaH 1 Reply Last reply
    Quote Reply
    • WRREBEL WRREBELW
      • 2k Posts
      • 87 Reputation
      WRREBELW WRREBEL wrote on last edited by
      #2

      although Maurecic is a loser and Vickers is much better..

      To list him as the one who got away is comical.. Its not like when Red Sox traded Babe Ruth to the yankees. Or even when the dolphins signed Cualpepper instead of Brees.

      Vickers was released also by the Texans.

      D 1 Reply Last reply
      Quote Reply
      • WRREBELW WRREBEL

        although Maurecic is a loser and Vickers is much better..

        To list him as the one who got away is comical.. Its not like when Red Sox traded Babe Ruth to the yankees. Or even when the dolphins signed Cualpepper instead of Brees.

        Vickers was released also by the Texans.

        DanInNYC D
        • 127 Posts
        • 10 Reputation
        D DanInNYC wrote on last edited by DanInNYC
        #3

        @wrrebel said:

        although Maurecic is a loser and Vickers is much better..

        To list him as the one who got away is comical.. Its not like when Red Sox traded Babe Ruth to the yankees. Or even when the dolphins signed Cualpepper instead of Brees.

        Vickers was released also by the Texans.

        Agreed. The weak Cowboy run game is the least of my concerns for Sunday. Vickers was a good lead blocker, but I am not mad at the Browns for trying to find a player that fits their system better. It stinks that Marecic has been terrible so far and I hope that he is able to somehow turn it around, but it happens. Not all draft picks work out. Look at the Ravens and Sergio Kindle.

        1 Reply Last reply
        Quote Reply
        • PoeticGP PoeticG

          IRVING – Sunday's game against the Cleveland Browns is personal for Cowboys fullback Lawrence Vickers.

          Vickers, who is in his seventh NFL season, spent his first five years with the Browns.

          "It's personal for me because I was there, I know these guys, I know this organization," Vickers said Thursday. "I was there and when you've put in five years of your life and you put all you put into it, it's going to be personal to you.

          "It's not that I'm mad. I'm not mad or upset at all. Cleveland gave me a chance. They were the team that picked me in the draft so I'm forever indebted to them. They gave me a chance to do what I always wanted to do and that was play football, so it's no hate. It's more of celebrating."

          Vickers suffered a left knee injury Sunday in Philadelphia. He did not practice Wednesday and was limited on Thursday. But it will take more than a sore knee to keep him from playing against the team that drafted him in the sixth round in 2006.

          Asked if he would play Sunday, Vickers, who had two rushes for 11 yards and two receptions for 18 yards against the Eagles, responded: "Oh, come on now."

          What would it take for him to miss the game?

          "For me to die," Vickers said. "I ain't missing this for nothing in the world. It's personal, believe that one."

          http://www.foxsportssouthwest.com/11/15/12/Vickers-eager-to-play-against-the-Browns/landing_cowboys.html?blockID=820745&feedID=3742

          This one kinda stings. I remember Vickers calling out to Cleveland and Randy "fucking" Lerner to re-sign him and let him stay a Cleveland Brown. He practically begged. He said that there would come a day that he'd be leveling our LBs and leading the way for some other runningback for some other team. I think that we'll see this Sunday that losing Vickers was a mistake... I just hope that it doesn't cost us the game as well. Sorry Heckert, but this one is a mark against you- Just imagine Vickers lead blocking for Trent Richardson, it'd be epic.

          hoorta hoortaH Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
          • 20k Posts
          • 5k Reputation
          hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
          #4

          @poeticg said:

          This one kinda stings. I remember Vickers calling out to Cleveland and Randy "fucking" Lerner to re-sign him and let him stay a Cleveland Brown. He practically begged. He said that there would come a day that he'd be leveling our LBs and leading the way for some other runningback for some other team. I think that we'll see this Sunday that losing Vickers was a mistake... I just hope that it doesn't cost us the game as well. Sorry Heckert, but this one is a mark against you- Just imagine Vickers lead blocking for Trent Richardson, it'd be epic.

          I have to agree here- letting Vickers walk was a HUGE mistake. The guy wasn't asking for much more than vet minimum, and he's light years ahead of Mari-suck who Heckert thought would be better. Owen is a bust, period. end of discussion, waste of a roster spot.

          I watched most of the Cowboys-Eagles game for scouting purposes, and Vickers clearly stood out. The rap that he couldn't catch the ball is BS. Plus the guy is a standout lead blocker. Mari-suck is hard pressed to move a cornerback out of the way on a sweep.

          1 Reply Last reply
          Quote Reply
          • Harry Buffalo Harry BuffaloH
            • 3k Posts
            • 241 Reputation
            Harry BuffaloH Harry Buffalo wrote on last edited by
            #5

            Next a punter will have a grudge against the Browns. Give me a break.

            Ruining threads since 1897.
            ballpeenB 1 Reply Last reply
            👍
            Quote Reply
            • PoeticG PoeticGP Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
              • 4k Posts
              • 658 Reputation
              PoeticGP PoeticG wrote on last edited by
              #6

              Vickers was the Heart of our Offense. There hasn't been an EMOTIONAL leader on the offense since. Maybe Trent takes on that roll on but I still haven't seen the Heart that Vickers brought.. even though FB is not a glory position "he" still inspired those around him by him attitude and demeanor.

              The secret of getting ahead is getting started. The secret of getting started is breaking your complex overwhelming tasks into small manageable tasks, and then starting on the first one. -Mark Twain- "It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." -Mark Twain-
              Tim Couch Pulls OutT T 2 Replies Last reply
              Quote Reply
              • PoeticGP PoeticG

                Vickers was the Heart of our Offense. There hasn't been an EMOTIONAL leader on the offense since. Maybe Trent takes on that roll on but I still haven't seen the Heart that Vickers brought.. even though FB is not a glory position "he" still inspired those around him by him attitude and demeanor.

                Tim Couch Pulls Out Tim Couch Pulls OutT Very Popular Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                • 8k Posts
                • 1k Reputation
                Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by
                #7

                @poeticg said:

                Vickers was the Heart of our Offense. There hasn't been an EMOTIONAL leader on the offense since. Maybe Trent takes on that roll on but I still haven't seen the Heart that Vickers brought.. even though FB is not a glory position "he" still inspired those around him by him attitude and demeanor.

                Why is "he" in quotation marks?

                Are you implying that Vickers isn't actually a man?

                I'm awesome, and I fuck dolphins. Ghoolie 12/2/2012: I have absolutely no skills, training or pride
                T 1 Reply Last reply
                Quote Reply
                • VaporTrail VaporTrailV Dedicated Reacting Well Conversation Starter Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                  • 6k Posts
                  • 1k Reputation
                  VaporTrailV VaporTrail wrote on last edited by
                  #8

                  PoeticG == Lumburgh

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Quote Reply
                  • Harry BuffaloH Harry Buffalo

                    Next a punter will have a grudge against the Browns. Give me a break.

                    ballpeen ballpeenB Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                    • 9k Posts
                    • 2k Reputation
                    ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by
                    #9

                    @harry-buffalo said:

                    Next a punter will have a grudge against the Browns. Give me a break.

                    I agree.....except a punter is a position of worth.

                    Fullback?? Waste of a roster spot IMO.

                    You want blocking, put another guard in there at the position. You want a receiver type, line up another TE....as we now are.

                    If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.
                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Quote Reply
                    • tempest25 T
                      • 24 Posts
                      • 0 Reputation
                      T tempest25 wrote on last edited by
                      #10

                      Vicker's was one the betters players for the browns ,during times which there wasn't many.

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Quote Reply
                      • PoeticGP PoeticG

                        Vickers was the Heart of our Offense. There hasn't been an EMOTIONAL leader on the offense since. Maybe Trent takes on that roll on but I still haven't seen the Heart that Vickers brought.. even though FB is not a glory position "he" still inspired those around him by him attitude and demeanor.

                        tempest25 T
                        • 24 Posts
                        • 0 Reputation
                        T tempest25 wrote on last edited by
                        #11

                        @poeticg said:

                        Vickers was the Heart of our Offense. There hasn't been an EMOTIONAL leader on the offense since. Maybe Trent takes on that roll on but I still haven't seen the Heart that Vickers brought.. even though FB is not a glory position "he" still inspired those around him by him attitude and demeanor.

                        Is'nt that a pretty picture

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Quote Reply
                        • Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out

                          @poeticg said:

                          Vickers was the Heart of our Offense. There hasn't been an EMOTIONAL leader on the offense since. Maybe Trent takes on that roll on but I still haven't seen the Heart that Vickers brought.. even though FB is not a glory position "he" still inspired those around him by him attitude and demeanor.

                          Why is "he" in quotation marks?

                          Are you implying that Vickers isn't actually a man?

                          tempest25 T
                          • 24 Posts
                          • 0 Reputation
                          T tempest25 wrote on last edited by
                          #12

                          @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

                          Why is "he" in quotation marks?

                          Are you implying that Vickers isn't actually a man?

                          Very quick tim. very quick.

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Quote Reply
                          • LOLC2k L Banned
                            • 5 Posts
                            • 0 Reputation
                            L LOLC2k wrote on last edited by
                            #13

                            Hi there neighbor, I hope you don't mind if I change my shoes.

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Quote Reply

                            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                            With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                            Register Login
                            Reply
                            • Reply as topic
                            Log in to reply
                            • Oldest to Newest
                            • Newest to Oldest
                            • Most Votes


                            Theme
                            • System
                            • Light
                            • Dark
                            The Browns Board Terms Privacy

                            The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

                            • First post
                              Last post
                            0
                            • Forums
                            • Recent
                            • Popular
                            • Users
                            • Donate