Skip to content

Buster Skrine

The Browns Board
31 15 1.5k
  • @b86b said:

    Since you can't read Sally, I said outside of the first TWO rounds, not 5-7. you related to Shapiro? you can spin info like he does.

    Why would you incorporate rounds 3-4 in an argument about a 5th round pick?

    @clevelandbigdawg said:

    Why would you incorporate rounds 3-4 in an argument about a 5th round pick?

    BINGO

  • @clevelandbigdawg said:

    Why would you incorporate rounds 3-4 in an argument about a 5th round pick?

    Why would Kosarforprez include rounds 6 and 7?

    @vaportrail said:

    Why would Kosarforprez include rounds 6 and 7?

    I was just showing all available picks at this point. I think only ONE of those players I listed was drafted in the 5th round. The percentage would even be lower (yes I know the math).

    My point was to show whatever his name was, that Heckert is one the best things in our organization (at least the only one worth keeping at some capacity), proving in the last 15 years even the Pats, Packers, etc. have only been right less than 1% of the time when drafting 5 - 7 (although if you broke it down, the Pack would have a higher ratio). Whomever drafts for the Pack is a fucking genius.

  • We are one draft and away from the playoffs. WR, LB and 2 CB's and depth. Buster is a backup, which he proved. 5-7 rounds are for backups not for starters (unless you are lucky).

  • I disagree. Buster Skrine is a young kid with speed and good work ethic.

    He will get better!

  • I disagree. Buster Skrine is a young kid with speed and good work ethic.

    He will get better!

    @wrrebel said:

    I disagree. Buster Skrine is a young kid with speed and good work ethic.

    He will get better!

    It is possible. Not saying HE is not, just saying that playing the odds, he is a backup. Not to shit on the kid he did the best he could, but he essentially lost us that game for us, with poor officiating.

    It just kills me we have lost 4 games by 7 points or less.

  • @wrrebel said:

    I disagree. Buster Skrine is a young kid with speed and good work ethic.

    He will get better!

    It is possible. Not saying HE is not, just saying that playing the odds, he is a backup. Not to shit on the kid he did the best he could, but he essentially lost us that game for us, with poor officiating.

    It just kills me we have lost 4 games by 7 points or less.

    @kosar_for_president said:

    It is possible. Not saying HE is not, just saying that playing the odds, he is a backup. Not to shit on the kid he did the best he could, but he essentially lost us that game for us, with poor officiating.

    It just kills me we have lost 4 games by 7 points or less.

    I don't know if he lost the game, but the concept of giving the Cowboys receivers a 5-8 yard cushion aided in that. Was that a coaching decision?

    I will say that I agree that Skrine should probably be the Browns nickel back going forward, meaning that the Browns have to draft a quality, starting cornerback next year.....or pick one up in Free Agency.

    You know, with Haslam there now the idea of acquiring a first class FA may now not be tantamount to walking into the midst of a leper colony. (Which I did a couple of weeks ago)The Browns may actually try to sign one or two to fill the gaps we have, including LB and DB.

    So? What FA LBs and DBs may be out there?

  • Buster Skrine has done well in the nickel for us for the last few weeks. We have really done a good job of shutting down the passing game across the middle with the slot and tight ends since the Indy game in my opinion. He just does not belong out on the edge against receivers.

  • @kosar_for_president said:

    It is possible. Not saying HE is not, just saying that playing the odds, he is a backup. Not to shit on the kid he did the best he could, but he essentially lost us that game for us, with poor officiating.

    It just kills me we have lost 4 games by 7 points or less.

    I don't know if he lost the game, but the concept of giving the Cowboys receivers a 5-8 yard cushion aided in that. Was that a coaching decision?

    I will say that I agree that Skrine should probably be the Browns nickel back going forward, meaning that the Browns have to draft a quality, starting cornerback next year.....or pick one up in Free Agency.

    You know, with Haslam there now the idea of acquiring a first class FA may now not be tantamount to walking into the midst of a leper colony. (Which I did a couple of weeks ago)The Browns may actually try to sign one or two to fill the gaps we have, including LB and DB.

    So? What FA LBs and DBs may be out there?

    @the-gipper said:

    I don't know if he lost the game, but the concept of giving the Cowboys receivers a 5-8 yard cushion aided in that. Was that a coaching decision?

    I will say that I agree that Skrine should probably be the Browns nickel back going forward, meaning that the Browns have to draft a quality, starting cornerback next year.....or pick one up in Free Agency.

    You know, with Haslam there now the idea of acquiring a first class FA may now not be tantamount to walking into the midst of a leper colony. (Which I did a couple of weeks ago)The Browns may actually try to sign one or two to fill the gaps we have, including LB and DB.

    So? What FA LBs and DBs may be out there?

    Quentin Jammer and Rey Maualuga (whom I wanted to draft in the first place).

  • @the-gipper said:

    I don't know if he lost the game, but the concept of giving the Cowboys receivers a 5-8 yard cushion aided in that. Was that a coaching decision?

    I will say that I agree that Skrine should probably be the Browns nickel back going forward, meaning that the Browns have to draft a quality, starting cornerback next year.....or pick one up in Free Agency.

    You know, with Haslam there now the idea of acquiring a first class FA may now not be tantamount to walking into the midst of a leper colony. (Which I did a couple of weeks ago)The Browns may actually try to sign one or two to fill the gaps we have, including LB and DB.

    So? What FA LBs and DBs may be out there?

    Quentin Jammer and Rey Maualuga (whom I wanted to draft in the first place).

    @kosar_for_president said:

    Quentin Jammer and Rey Maualuga (whom I wanted to draft in the first place).

    Eh, don't want Maualuga at all. He has been below average at best.

  • @kosar_for_president said:

    Quentin Jammer and Rey Maualuga (whom I wanted to draft in the first place).

    Eh, don't want Maualuga at all. He has been below average at best.

    @clevelandbigdawg said:

    Eh, don't want Maualuga at all. He has been below average at best.

    I disagree. I hardly think 82 tackles through 10 games is average (42 solo). I am not saying he will put up Von Miller type numbers (who I wanted to draft as well), but he is better than at least 1 starter on the Browns. He's tough and an emotional leader. If you can get him for a decent price, why not?