Skip to content

Leftwich Has Two Broken Ribs And A Hurt Shoulder

The Browns Board
46 13 2.2k
  • Whoever they start, will beat us. I would rather have the 4th backup QB on the STeelers than Brandon "off target" Weeden

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #11

    Chickenwang said:

    Whoever they start, will beat us. I would rather have the 4th backup QB on the STeelers than Brandon "off target" Weeden

    If the Browns lose it will not be because the Steeler's offense did anything spectacular but because a Dick LeBeau defense has never lost to a rookie QB.

    That is what I heard...NEVER.

    So, you would think that the Browns would have a better than even chance against the Steelers 3rd string QB, but that statistic concerns me.

    And FYI, it doesn't matter who plays. Polamalu and Harrison and etc. etc. are "stars" because they play in LeBeau's system. Anywhere else and they may be mediocre.

  • @kosar_for_president said:

    Who's their backup after that? Kent Graham? Shane Palko?

    you mean shane Falco. hilarious! 😆

    that gotta be WRRebel's fave movie. football and keanu reeves.

    Kosar_For_PresidentK Kosar_For_President wrote on last edited by
    #12

    @miktoxic said:

    you mean shane Falco. hilarious! 😆

    that gotta be WRRebel's fave movie. football and keanu reeves.

    No they are thinking of singing a back up, Tyler Palko. I combined the 2. Yea WWREBEL is a fancy boy.

  • @kosar_for_president said:

    Who's their backup after that? Kent Graham? Shane Palko?

    you mean shane Falco. hilarious! 😆

    that gotta be WRRebel's fave movie. football and keanu reeves.

    WRREBELW WRREBEL wrote on last edited by
    #13

    @miktoxic said:

    you mean shane Falco. hilarious! 😆

    that gotta be WRRebel's fave movie. football and keanu reeves.

    Im glad you remember mik our first date! You still have the ticket stubs?

  • VagitronV Vagitron wrote on last edited by
    #14

    The Steelers signed Brian Hoyer and Plaxico.

  • The Steelers signed Brian Hoyer and Plaxico.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by The Gipper
    #15

    Homotron said:

    The Steelers signed Brian Hoyer and Plaxico.

    Hoyer is from Cleveland. St. Ignatius. Went to Mich. State I believe. (It wouldn't surprise me if he stays there as a backup long term)

    Who did they take off the roster to put those two on?

  • Homotron said:

    The Steelers signed Brian Hoyer and Plaxico.

    Hoyer is from Cleveland. St. Ignatius. Went to Mich. State I believe. (It wouldn't surprise me if he stays there as a backup long term)

    Who did they take off the roster to put those two on?

    VagitronV Vagitron wrote on last edited by
    #16

    @the-gipper said:

    Hoyer is from Cleveland. St. Ignatius. Went to Mich. State I believe. (It wouldn't surprise me if he stays there as a backup long term)

    Who did they take off the roster to put those two on?

    Baron Batch (I would have preferred they keep him on the roster) and Marshall McFadden. I also wouldn't be surprised with Hoyer. He played well when he was with the Patriots and he's accurate. Realistically with the Haley offense all you need to be is accurate because it's a lot of calculated dinks and dunks. It's also exactly why I expect Batch to have a good game but we'll see.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Hoyer is from Cleveland. St. Ignatius. Went to Mich. State I believe. (It wouldn't surprise me if he stays there as a backup long term)

    Who did they take off the roster to put those two on?

    Baron Batch (I would have preferred they keep him on the roster) and Marshall McFadden. I also wouldn't be surprised with Hoyer. He played well when he was with the Patriots and he's accurate. Realistically with the Haley offense all you need to be is accurate because it's a lot of calculated dinks and dunks. It's also exactly why I expect Batch to have a good game but we'll see.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #17

    Homotron said:

    Baron Batch (I would have preferred they keep him on the roster) and Marshall McFadden. I also wouldn't be surprised with Hoyer. He played well when he was with the Patriots and he's accurate. Realistically with the Haley offense all you need to be is accurate because it's a lot of calculated dinks and dunks. It's also exactly why I expect Batch to have a good game but we'll see.

    You musta had a batch of batches on that team....or was it biatches.

  • KosarfanK Kosarfan wrote on last edited by
    #18

    Ressurection of Kordell Stewart

  • @miktoxic said:

    you mean shane Falco. hilarious! 😆

    that gotta be WRRebel's fave movie. football and keanu reeves.

    Im glad you remember mik our first date! You still have the ticket stubs?

    miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #19

    @wrrebel said:

    Im glad you remember mik our first date! You still have the ticket stubs?

    no but i do still have the popcorn bowl, you know the one i held in my lap?

    xtra butter pleez.

  • The Steelers signed Brian Hoyer and Plaxico.

    Z Zombo wrote on last edited by
    #20

    Homotron said:

    The Steelers signed Brian Hoyer and Plaxico.

    Literally just laughed out loud.

    Zombo

  • Kosar_For_PresidentK Kosar_For_President wrote on last edited by
    #21

    Serious question here. Does Hoyer or any other player for that matter have to sign a confidentiality agreement? If they get cut during the season can they give the plays to a rival? Always wondered that.

  • WRREBELW WRREBEL wrote on last edited by
    #22

    @king-ghoolie-lives said:

    WHo? Leftwich? I agree.

    Batch? The guy is way underrated and will shred the Browns.

    Wager? I bet the Browns win this game.. Batch was a descent player but he is old..

  • Homotron said:

    The Steelers signed Brian Hoyer and Plaxico.

    Literally just laughed out loud.

    Zombo

    VagitronV Vagitron wrote on last edited by
    #23

    Zombo said:

    Literally just laughed out loud.

    Zombo

    I like Hoyer and he'd still be a Patriot if they didn't get a crack at Mallet. A lot of that fan base was actually upset when Hoyer was cut because he was better than Mallet at the time. Either way I don't think anyone is expecting Hoyer to be a league killer. He'd have been on a team already if that were the case. I also think they could have done a lot worse with a FA wide receiver than Plaxico so I like the signing. They tried to sign him before he went to the jets but he wanted more guaranteed money so he signed with them instead. Longer deal with the steelers but less guaranteed money. I don't even expect Plaxico to be the number 4 when Cotchery returns but who knows he may surprise. As of right now we just have Wallace, Sanders and Gilreath because both Cotchery and Brown are injured. Name another FA wr worth picking up? Exactly.

  • Zombo said:

    Literally just laughed out loud.

    Zombo

    I like Hoyer and he'd still be a Patriot if they didn't get a crack at Mallet. A lot of that fan base was actually upset when Hoyer was cut because he was better than Mallet at the time. Either way I don't think anyone is expecting Hoyer to be a league killer. He'd have been on a team already if that were the case. I also think they could have done a lot worse with a FA wide receiver than Plaxico so I like the signing. They tried to sign him before he went to the jets but he wanted more guaranteed money so he signed with them instead. Longer deal with the steelers but less guaranteed money. I don't even expect Plaxico to be the number 4 when Cotchery returns but who knows he may surprise. As of right now we just have Wallace, Sanders and Gilreath because both Cotchery and Brown are injured. Name another FA wr worth picking up? Exactly.

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by hoorta
    #24

    Homotron said:

    I like Hoyer and he'd still be a Patriot if they didn't get a crack at Mallet. A lot of that fan base was actually upset when Hoyer was cut because he was better than Mallet at the time. Either way I don't think anyone is expecting Hoyer to be a league killer. He'd have been on a team already if that were the case. I also think they could have done a lot worse with a FA wide receiver than Plaxico so I like the signing. They tried to sign him before he went to the jets but he wanted more guaranteed money so he signed with them instead. Longer deal with the steelers but less guaranteed money. I don't even expect Plaxico to be the number 4 when Cotchery returns but who knows he may surprise. As of right now we just have Wallace, Sanders and Gilreath because both Cotchery and Brown are injured. Name another FA wr worth picking up? Exactly.

    Yeah- and right now Wallace is the only wr you have that's any better than the Browns top 3. Well, gee when we're healthy. I fully expect you to play the pity card when you get beat Sunday. Hell you've already used it to explain away your loss to the Ravens.

  • Homotron said:

    I like Hoyer and he'd still be a Patriot if they didn't get a crack at Mallet. A lot of that fan base was actually upset when Hoyer was cut because he was better than Mallet at the time. Either way I don't think anyone is expecting Hoyer to be a league killer. He'd have been on a team already if that were the case. I also think they could have done a lot worse with a FA wide receiver than Plaxico so I like the signing. They tried to sign him before he went to the jets but he wanted more guaranteed money so he signed with them instead. Longer deal with the steelers but less guaranteed money. I don't even expect Plaxico to be the number 4 when Cotchery returns but who knows he may surprise. As of right now we just have Wallace, Sanders and Gilreath because both Cotchery and Brown are injured. Name another FA wr worth picking up? Exactly.

    Yeah- and right now Wallace is the only wr you have that's any better than the Browns top 3. Well, gee when we're healthy. I fully expect you to play the pity card when you get beat Sunday. Hell you've already used it to explain away your loss to the Ravens.

    VagitronV Vagitron wrote on last edited by
    #25

    @hoorta said:

    Yeah- and right now Wallace is the only wr you have that's any better than the Browns top 3. Well, gee when we're healthy. I fully expect you to play the pity card when you get beat Sunday. Hell you've already used it to explain away your loss to the Ravens.

    Gordon isn't better than Sanders. EDIT: And Brown is better than all of them by a long shot. You're insane.

  • VagitronV Vagitron wrote on last edited by
    #26

    @mike-h said:

    And you wonder why people give you no credibility. As much as you claim others have fan-colored goggles on, this statement is so completely wrong and of the homer nature that you can't be taken seriously. ever.

    He isn't. Sanders has been battling a foot injury for most of his career, he's healthy for the first time in a while and simply has two wide receivers better than anything on the Browns ahead of him. I'm not trying to be a dick or a homer, it's just a fact right now. Sanders is also the best route runner on the team and with Brown gone has stepped up and made quite a few crucial catches. He'd be higher on the depth chart on plenty of other teams. It's sort of hard to argue against the notion that the Steelers have one of the best cores in the NFL. Sanders is good, he just hasn't had as many opportunities to show it.

    EDIT: And just because you're excited about Gordon doesn't make him the be all end all. He has at least 2 garbage time td's. Compare his stats to Sanders right now. He has more td's and he's being used a deep threat. Sanders is NOT being used as a deep threat because there is a guy named Mike Wallace on the team AND the Steelers aren't taking as many shots down field. Gordon seems to be good but he's running deep, he's not running routes. Sanders as I said previously is the best route runner on the Steelers and that's with some pretty top tier company. If Mike Wallace leaves in FA you'll start to see what I'm talking about as Sanders will then be the number 2.

  • Serious question here. Does Hoyer or any other player for that matter have to sign a confidentiality agreement? If they get cut during the season can they give the plays to a rival? Always wondered that.

    Browns149B Browns149 wrote on last edited by
    #27

    @kosar_for_president said:

    Serious question here. Does Hoyer or any other player for that matter have to sign a confidentiality agreement? If they get cut during the season can they give the plays to a rival? Always wondered that.

    The answer is no. If a team cuts a player, that player has an obligation to his new team to help them. IMO

  • @mike-h said:

    And you wonder why people give you no credibility. As much as you claim others have fan-colored goggles on, this statement is so completely wrong and of the homer nature that you can't be taken seriously. ever.

    He isn't. Sanders has been battling a foot injury for most of his career, he's healthy for the first time in a while and simply has two wide receivers better than anything on the Browns ahead of him. I'm not trying to be a dick or a homer, it's just a fact right now. Sanders is also the best route runner on the team and with Brown gone has stepped up and made quite a few crucial catches. He'd be higher on the depth chart on plenty of other teams. It's sort of hard to argue against the notion that the Steelers have one of the best cores in the NFL. Sanders is good, he just hasn't had as many opportunities to show it.

    EDIT: And just because you're excited about Gordon doesn't make him the be all end all. He has at least 2 garbage time td's. Compare his stats to Sanders right now. He has more td's and he's being used a deep threat. Sanders is NOT being used as a deep threat because there is a guy named Mike Wallace on the team AND the Steelers aren't taking as many shots down field. Gordon seems to be good but he's running deep, he's not running routes. Sanders as I said previously is the best route runner on the Steelers and that's with some pretty top tier company. If Mike Wallace leaves in FA you'll start to see what I'm talking about as Sanders will then be the number 2.

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #28

    Homotron said:

    He isn't. Sanders has been battling a foot injury for most of his career, he's healthy for the first time in a while and simply has two wide receivers better than anything on the Browns ahead of him. I'm not trying to be a dick or a homer, it's just a fact right now. Sanders is also the best route runner on the team and with Brown gone has stepped up and made quite a few crucial catches. He'd be higher on the depth chart on plenty of other teams. It's sort of hard to argue against the notion that the Steelers have one of the best cores in the NFL. Sanders is good, he just hasn't had as many opportunities to show it.

    EDIT: And just because you're excited about Gordon doesn't make him the be all end all. He has at least 2 garbage time td's. Compare his stats to Sanders right now. He has more td's and he's being used a deep threat. Sanders is NOT being used as a deep threat because there is a guy named Mike Wallace on the team AND the Steelers aren't taking as many shots down field. Gordon seems to be good but he's running deep, he's not running routes. Sanders as I said previously is the best route runner on the Steelers and that's with some pretty top tier company. If Mike Wallace leaves in FA you'll start to see what I'm talking about as Sanders will then be the number 2.

    Gee, another well, he's been hurt- but he's really good. Funny how when Whines Hard retires the hit Ward leveled in the Cowboys game (that cost the Browns the game & Whines made a living on) is suddenly illegal.

  • Homotron said:

    He isn't. Sanders has been battling a foot injury for most of his career, he's healthy for the first time in a while and simply has two wide receivers better than anything on the Browns ahead of him. I'm not trying to be a dick or a homer, it's just a fact right now. Sanders is also the best route runner on the team and with Brown gone has stepped up and made quite a few crucial catches. He'd be higher on the depth chart on plenty of other teams. It's sort of hard to argue against the notion that the Steelers have one of the best cores in the NFL. Sanders is good, he just hasn't had as many opportunities to show it.

    EDIT: And just because you're excited about Gordon doesn't make him the be all end all. He has at least 2 garbage time td's. Compare his stats to Sanders right now. He has more td's and he's being used a deep threat. Sanders is NOT being used as a deep threat because there is a guy named Mike Wallace on the team AND the Steelers aren't taking as many shots down field. Gordon seems to be good but he's running deep, he's not running routes. Sanders as I said previously is the best route runner on the Steelers and that's with some pretty top tier company. If Mike Wallace leaves in FA you'll start to see what I'm talking about as Sanders will then be the number 2.

    Gee, another well, he's been hurt- but he's really good. Funny how when Whines Hard retires the hit Ward leveled in the Cowboys game (that cost the Browns the game & Whines made a living on) is suddenly illegal.

    VagitronV Vagitron wrote on last edited by
    #29

    @hoorta said:

    Gee, another well, he's been hurt- but he's really good. Funny how when Whines Hard retires the hit Ward leveled in the Cowboys game (that cost the Browns the game & Whines made a living on) is suddenly illegal.

    It was made illegal because of Hines Ward, stop being a moron and the hit Ward delivered shouldn't have been a penalty and I commented on it after the game. Bad call by the official. Stop grasping at straws man.

  • hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #30

    @king-ghoolie-lives said:

    Jeez, yeah, let's bet. YOu can have the Browns and the points. The WORST thing that could have happened to the Browns is for BAtch to be starting, or worse, Big Ben. With SLow-wich we had a chance.

    The Steelers are going to clobber us, now. Plaxico was a good pick up, I don't know what kind of shape he is in, but he can get up high, he's fast and he catches the ball.

    Ill say Steelers 31 - 13

    I'm not saying we're going to win- but looking at the line- the game is now a pick 'em, no points involved. First time this season for the Browns. I would say bet the under- because neither team is going to be able to score much.