Congrats On Win
-
The Browns were the better team today. This game reminded of the opener in 89 when it was Tim Worley fumbling and Brister getting the shit kicked out of him by the Browns D. I was off on my score a little (20-3) and was off on Weeden. I thought he would have had a better game but he did enough to win.
Any Steelers fans that make excuses for this game should just shut up. The Steelers lost, no excuses, move on. See you guys in a few weeks and again, congrats.
P.S. Steelers win the finale 34-10

The Browns were the better team today. This game reminded of the opener in 89 when it was Tim Worley fumbling and Brister getting the shit kicked out of him by the Browns D. I was off on my score a little (20-3) and was off on Weeden. I thought he would have had a better game but he did enough to win.
Any Steelers fans that make excuses for this game should just shut up. The Steelers lost, no excuses, move on. See you guys in a few weeks and again, congrats.
P.S. Steelers win the finale 34-10

Tell that to Homotron, Anytime the stoolers do ANYTHING wrong, he has an excuse
-
The Browns were the better team today. This game reminded of the opener in 89 when it was Tim Worley fumbling and Brister getting the shit kicked out of him by the Browns D. I was off on my score a little (20-3) and was off on Weeden. I thought he would have had a better game but he did enough to win.
Any Steelers fans that make excuses for this game should just shut up. The Steelers lost, no excuses, move on. See you guys in a few weeks and again, congrats.
P.S. Steelers win the finale 34-10

Tell that to Homotron, Anytime the stoolers do ANYTHING wrong, he has an excuse
Tell that to Homotron, Anytime the stoolers do ANYTHING wrong, he has an excuse
"Excuses are tools of the incompetent".....Mike Tomlin
-
Tell that to Homotron, Anytime the stoolers do ANYTHING wrong, he has an excuse
"Excuses are tools of the incompetent".....Mike Tomlin
"Excuses are tools of the incompetent".....Mike Tomlin
Now that is priceless.
-
I also think the steelers will win the final game (if rapey is healthy) but the browns D is no joke. 34-10 seems unlikely
-
Yeah I would put it about 23 - 16 Steelers at Heinz
-
The Browns were the better team today. This game reminded of the opener in 89 when it was Tim Worley fumbling and Brister getting the shit kicked out of him by the Browns D. I was off on my score a little (20-3) and was off on Weeden. I thought he would have had a better game but he did enough to win.
Any Steelers fans that make excuses for this game should just shut up. The Steelers lost, no excuses, move on. See you guys in a few weeks and again, congrats.
P.S. Steelers win the finale 34-10

Tell that to Homotron, Anytime the stoolers do ANYTHING wrong, he has an excuse
Tell that to Homotron, Anytime the stoolers do ANYTHING wrong, he has an excuse
He's just being gracious because the Browns were bad today. Really bad. One of those fumbles was the result of a solid hit. TJ Ward on Rainey. The others are all on the running backs for being idiots and the int's are on Batch for having a 50 year old arm. If you don't like the facts it's not my problem. It's yours.
-
Tell that to Homotron, Anytime the stoolers do ANYTHING wrong, he has an excuse
He's just being gracious because the Browns were bad today. Really bad. One of those fumbles was the result of a solid hit. TJ Ward on Rainey. The others are all on the running backs for being idiots and the int's are on Batch for having a 50 year old arm. If you don't like the facts it's not my problem. It's yours.
Homotron said:
He's just being gracious because the Browns were bad today. Really bad. One of those fumbles was the result of a solid hit. TJ Ward on Rainey. The others are all on the running backs for being idiots and the int's are on Batch for having a 50 year old arm. If you don't like the facts it's not my problem. It's yours.
It was enough to beat you mopes. Make all the excuses you want but when you check the standings in the morning it will still be a loss for Pisspuke and that is the only fact that matters.
-
Tell that to Homotron, Anytime the stoolers do ANYTHING wrong, he has an excuse
"Excuses are tools of the incompetent".....Mike Tomlin
"Excuses are tools of the incompetent".....Mike Tomlin
Last i checked this is a message board. If I'm a Coach I'd say the exact same thing but guess what we aren't paid millions of dollars to be the Coach. We're fans defending our respective teams. I've been gracious but then I read about the demise of the STeelers, the fall of a franchise. All of which sparks a certain response from me. If you don't want to hear it don't draw it out.
-
Homotron said:
He's just being gracious because the Browns were bad today. Really bad. One of those fumbles was the result of a solid hit. TJ Ward on Rainey. The others are all on the running backs for being idiots and the int's are on Batch for having a 50 year old arm. If you don't like the facts it's not my problem. It's yours.
It was enough to beat you mopes. Make all the excuses you want but when you check the standings in the morning it will still be a loss for Pisspuke and that is the only fact that matters.
It was enough to beat you mopes. Make all the excuses you want but when you check the standings in the morning it will still be a loss for Pisspuke and that is the only fact that matters.
Yep. I've also never denied it. What I have denied is the "demise of a franchise" because the Steelers aren't about to enter a "down period". Hell if they end up losing a bunch more this season it's going to be quite the opposite. Man I'd love to draft inside the top 10 for once for 7 rounds.
-
It was enough to beat you mopes. Make all the excuses you want but when you check the standings in the morning it will still be a loss for Pisspuke and that is the only fact that matters.
Yep. I've also never denied it. What I have denied is the "demise of a franchise" because the Steelers aren't about to enter a "down period". Hell if they end up losing a bunch more this season it's going to be quite the opposite. Man I'd love to draft inside the top 10 for once for 7 rounds.
Homotron said:
Yep. I've also never denied it. What I have denied is the "demise of a franchise" because the Steelers aren't about to enter a "down period". Hell if they end up losing a bunch more this season it's going to be quite the opposite. Man I'd love to draft inside the top 10 for once for 7 rounds.
I've never predicted a "downfall". What you can't admit is the rest of the league (in general) and the Browns (in particular) have narrowed the talent gap the Steelers (formerly) enjoyed. La-la-la-la-la-la, it Tebow Time.

And yes dear Steeler friend- inferior talent can overcome superior- with superior coaching. Exhibit A would be the Patriots- where the Patsy's defense has blown dead worms for several years, but the train just keeps on winning.
-
Steeler fans need to look at something real fast, the last 2 weeks with out Big Ben you have lost, your defense is great no doubt. Dick is amazing...LOL had to put in there
this is a QB league and without Big Ben the Steelers are not very good...... Need to get a young QB to get ready for life without Ben....Leftwich and Batch SUCK
-
Steeler fans need to look at something real fast, the last 2 weeks with out Big Ben you have lost, your defense is great no doubt. Dick is amazing...LOL had to put in there
this is a QB league and without Big Ben the Steelers are not very good...... Need to get a young QB to get ready for life without Ben....Leftwich and Batch SUCK
Steeler fans need to look at something real fast, the last 2 weeks with out Big Ben you have lost, your defense is great no doubt. Dick is amazing...LOL had to put in there
this is a QB league and without Big Ben the Steelers are not very good...... Need to get a young QB to get ready for life without Ben....Leftwich and Batch SUCK
Ben is 30. Life without Ben? Unless something terrible happens. (God forbid) He's going to be under center for at the VERY LEAST another 5 years. It's not time to start thinking about "life without Ben". I also 100% agree those two back ups aren't going to cut it. I like Hoyer so we'll see what happens. Now for a brief aside, How are the other top tier teams without their franchise QB's? Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees, Eli Manning. How do those teams usually fair with their back ups? I suppose when they have their starter down and they occasionally lose it's "defcon 5" mode in the front office. Time to blow up the team and start looking for replacements! Get the xxxx out of here. You all need to stop acting crazy. You won a REALLY, REALLY ugly game. It may have been the MOST ugly game I've watched from the Steelers since I first became a serious fan in the early 90's. Yet with those 8 turnovers you mustered 20 points and of the 5 fumbles that went your way 1! was put on the ground because of an exceptional hit by T.J Ward. I knew it was going to get like this on this board if the game went in Clevelands favor. I just didn't expect it to be so obnoxious or delusional.
-
Just as we knew what the steeler fans would say. The facts are: both offenses were pathetic. Both defenses were awesome, but ours was a little better
-
Steeler fans need to look at something real fast, the last 2 weeks with out Big Ben you have lost, your defense is great no doubt. Dick is amazing...LOL had to put in there
this is a QB league and without Big Ben the Steelers are not very good...... Need to get a young QB to get ready for life without Ben....Leftwich and Batch SUCK
Ben is 30. Life without Ben? Unless something terrible happens. (God forbid) He's going to be under center for at the VERY LEAST another 5 years. It's not time to start thinking about "life without Ben". I also 100% agree those two back ups aren't going to cut it. I like Hoyer so we'll see what happens. Now for a brief aside, How are the other top tier teams without their franchise QB's? Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees, Eli Manning. How do those teams usually fair with their back ups? I suppose when they have their starter down and they occasionally lose it's "defcon 5" mode in the front office. Time to blow up the team and start looking for replacements! Get the xxxx out of here. You all need to stop acting crazy. You won a REALLY, REALLY ugly game. It may have been the MOST ugly game I've watched from the Steelers since I first became a serious fan in the early 90's. Yet with those 8 turnovers you mustered 20 points and of the 5 fumbles that went your way 1! was put on the ground because of an exceptional hit by T.J Ward. I knew it was going to get like this on this board if the game went in Clevelands favor. I just didn't expect it to be so obnoxious or delusional.
Homotron said:
Ben is 30. Life without Ben? Unless something terrible happens. (God forbid) He's going to be under center for at the VERY LEAST another 5 years. It's not time to start thinking about "life without Ben". I also 100% agree those two back ups aren't going to cut it. I like Hoyer so we'll see what happens. Now for a brief aside, How are the other top tier teams without their franchise QB's? Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees, Eli Manning. How do those teams usually fair with their back ups? I suppose when they have their starter down and they occasionally lose it's "defcon 5" mode in the front office. Time to blow up the team and start looking for replacements! Get the xxxx out of here. You all need to stop acting crazy. You won a REALLY, REALLY ugly game. It may have been the MOST ugly game I've watched from the Steelers since I first became a serious fan in the early 90's. Yet with those 8 turnovers you mustered 20 points and of the 5 fumbles that went your way 1! was put on the ground because of an exceptional hit by T.J Ward. I knew it was going to get like this on this board if the game went in Clevelands favor. I just didn't expect it to be so obnoxious or delusional.
" There are no ugly wins, only ugly losses" Mike Ditka
-
Tell that to Homotron, Anytime the stoolers do ANYTHING wrong, he has an excuse
He's just being gracious because the Browns were bad today. Really bad. One of those fumbles was the result of a solid hit. TJ Ward on Rainey. The others are all on the running backs for being idiots and the int's are on Batch for having a 50 year old arm. If you don't like the facts it's not my problem. It's yours.
Homotron said:
He's just being gracious because the Browns were bad today. Really bad. One of those fumbles was the result of a solid hit. TJ Ward on Rainey. The others are all on the running backs for being idiots and the int's are on Batch for having a 50 year old arm. If you don't like the facts it's not my problem. It's yours.
So, are you saying that all those Steeler running took lessons in being a pussy from you? Sure sounds like that is what you are saying.
-
Steeler fans need to look at something real fast, the last 2 weeks with out Big Ben you have lost, your defense is great no doubt. Dick is amazing...LOL had to put in there
this is a QB league and without Big Ben the Steelers are not very good...... Need to get a young QB to get ready for life without Ben....Leftwich and Batch SUCK
Ben is 30. Life without Ben? Unless something terrible happens. (God forbid) He's going to be under center for at the VERY LEAST another 5 years. It's not time to start thinking about "life without Ben". I also 100% agree those two back ups aren't going to cut it. I like Hoyer so we'll see what happens. Now for a brief aside, How are the other top tier teams without their franchise QB's? Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees, Eli Manning. How do those teams usually fair with their back ups? I suppose when they have their starter down and they occasionally lose it's "defcon 5" mode in the front office. Time to blow up the team and start looking for replacements! Get the xxxx out of here. You all need to stop acting crazy. You won a REALLY, REALLY ugly game. It may have been the MOST ugly game I've watched from the Steelers since I first became a serious fan in the early 90's. Yet with those 8 turnovers you mustered 20 points and of the 5 fumbles that went your way 1! was put on the ground because of an exceptional hit by T.J Ward. I knew it was going to get like this on this board if the game went in Clevelands favor. I just didn't expect it to be so obnoxious or delusional.
Ben is 30. Life without Ben? Unless something terrible happens. (God forbid) He's going to be under center for at the VERY LEAST another 5 years. It's not time to start thinking about "life without Ben". I also 100% agree those two back ups aren't going to cut it. I like Hoyer so we'll see what happens. Now for a brief aside, How are the other top tier teams without their franchise QB's? Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees, Eli Manning. How do those teams usually fair with their back ups? I suppose when they have their starter down and they occasionally lose it's "defcon 5" mode in the front office. Time to blow up the team and start looking for replacements! Get the xxxx out of here. You all need to stop acting crazy. You won a REALLY, REALLY ugly game. It may have been the MOST ugly game I've watched from the Steelers since I first became a serious fan in the early 90's. Yet with those 8 turnovers you mustered 20 points and of the 5 fumbles that went your way 1! was put on the ground because of an exceptional hit by T.J Ward. I knew it was going to get like this on this board if the game went in Clevelands favor. I just didn't expect it to be so obnoxious or delusional.
Bens getting his ass kicked now...your O-line is in shambles..how long do you thing rapists knees will hold up over the next two years,piss boy?...your dreaming.
-
Steeler fans need to look at something real fast, the last 2 weeks with out Big Ben you have lost, your defense is great no doubt. Dick is amazing...LOL had to put in there
this is a QB league and without Big Ben the Steelers are not very good...... Need to get a young QB to get ready for life without Ben....Leftwich and Batch SUCK
Ben is 30. Life without Ben? Unless something terrible happens. (God forbid) He's going to be under center for at the VERY LEAST another 5 years. It's not time to start thinking about "life without Ben". I also 100% agree those two back ups aren't going to cut it. I like Hoyer so we'll see what happens. Now for a brief aside, How are the other top tier teams without their franchise QB's? Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees, Eli Manning. How do those teams usually fair with their back ups? I suppose when they have their starter down and they occasionally lose it's "defcon 5" mode in the front office. Time to blow up the team and start looking for replacements! Get the xxxx out of here. You all need to stop acting crazy. You won a REALLY, REALLY ugly game. It may have been the MOST ugly game I've watched from the Steelers since I first became a serious fan in the early 90's. Yet with those 8 turnovers you mustered 20 points and of the 5 fumbles that went your way 1! was put on the ground because of an exceptional hit by T.J Ward. I knew it was going to get like this on this board if the game went in Clevelands favor. I just didn't expect it to be so obnoxious or delusional.
Ben is 30. Life without Ben? Unless something terrible happens. (God forbid) He's going to be under center for at the VERY LEAST another 5 years. It's not time to start thinking about "life without Ben". I also 100% agree those two back ups aren't going to cut it. I like Hoyer so we'll see what happens. Now for a brief aside, How are the other top tier teams without their franchise QB's? Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees, Eli Manning. How do those teams usually fair with their back ups? I suppose when they have their starter down and they occasionally lose it's "defcon 5" mode in the front office. Time to blow up the team and start looking for replacements! Get the xxxx out of here. You all need to stop acting crazy. You won a REALLY, REALLY ugly game. It may have been the MOST ugly game I've watched from the Steelers since I first became a serious fan in the early 90's. Yet with those 8 turnovers you mustered 20 points and of the 5 fumbles that went your way 1! was put on the ground because of an exceptional hit by T.J Ward. I knew it was going to get like this on this board if the game went in Clevelands favor. I just didn't expect it to be so obnoxious or delusional.
I'm trying not to be obnoxious or delusional- but as Gips said the only reason the game was close was PAT SHURMUR. I could posit the Brows blew at least 3 touchdowns worth of scores off the board due to Patsy's wuss playcalling. You, of course will attribute that to tremendous defense. Remember Shurms running Ricahrdson on into the line 3 times with 3 minutes left in the game, making the Steelers use all their timeouts? Burning maybe 20 seconds off the clock, and then punting with over 2 minutes left? Wow- down one score with 2+ minutes left? That's ALL DAY in the NFL my friend. I had visions of Batch putting together a game winning drive, the same way Romo tied up the game last week.
-
Big Ben will not last as long as the others you mentioned becasue every year he gets killed. Every year he gets hurt he is tough as nails, but the older you get you sometimes do not get up so quick when you were 24
And I really didnt think many people would give the Browns respect after this win, because it was only our third win against a third string QB. Its funny how all fans would look at the Browns a little Different if we beat pick Vick with less then a minute left in the game when the ball was in our DB hands, or if Gordon catches the game winning TD against the Colts, or if Shurmer just didnt suck against teh Cowboys. Just those three games changes everybodys hearts and minds about the Browns. Just like Oakland fans think they should kick the shit out of the Browns this week. You get respect when you when more than 3 games. If the Browns win the next 2 weeks against Oak, and KC they would be 5-8 and there will be some chatter, but we take down the redskins and our 6-8 winning 4 in a row. That will change Hearts and minds not 1 win over the Steelers.
Steelers Great Defense on this Sunday Browns Better Defense
-
Ben is 30. Life without Ben? Unless something terrible happens. (God forbid) He's going to be under center for at the VERY LEAST another 5 years. It's not time to start thinking about "life without Ben". I also 100% agree those two back ups aren't going to cut it. I like Hoyer so we'll see what happens. Now for a brief aside, How are the other top tier teams without their franchise QB's? Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees, Eli Manning. How do those teams usually fair with their back ups? I suppose when they have their starter down and they occasionally lose it's "defcon 5" mode in the front office. Time to blow up the team and start looking for replacements! Get the xxxx out of here. You all need to stop acting crazy. You won a REALLY, REALLY ugly game. It may have been the MOST ugly game I've watched from the Steelers since I first became a serious fan in the early 90's. Yet with those 8 turnovers you mustered 20 points and of the 5 fumbles that went your way 1! was put on the ground because of an exceptional hit by T.J Ward. I knew it was going to get like this on this board if the game went in Clevelands favor. I just didn't expect it to be so obnoxious or delusional.
I'm trying not to be obnoxious or delusional- but as Gips said the only reason the game was close was PAT SHURMUR. I could posit the Brows blew at least 3 touchdowns worth of scores off the board due to Patsy's wuss playcalling. You, of course will attribute that to tremendous defense. Remember Shurms running Ricahrdson on into the line 3 times with 3 minutes left in the game, making the Steelers use all their timeouts? Burning maybe 20 seconds off the clock, and then punting with over 2 minutes left? Wow- down one score with 2+ minutes left? That's ALL DAY in the NFL my friend. I had visions of Batch putting together a game winning drive, the same way Romo tied up the game last week.
Remember Shurms running Ricahrdson on into the line 3 times with 3 minutes left in the game, making the Steelers use all their timeouts? Burning maybe 20 seconds off the clock, and then punting with over 2 minutes left? Wow- down one score with 2+ minutes left? That's ALL DAY in the NFL my friend. I had visions of Batch putting together a game winning drive, the same way Romo tied up the game last week.
I was chastised elsewhere when I voiced the same thing you did. In fact, the guy said that what Shurmur did was just SMART football! How is it smart to PURPOSELY give the ball back with 2+ minutes remaining when a TD & XP BEAT you? He had NO intention of trying to get a first down & THEN killing the clock. With that kind of thinking, we'll NEVER be winners. We won in spite of Shurmur thanks to all the aggressive & talented young athletes on this Team. Given them some REAL direction next year, along with a few additions, & we'll be fine.
Mike
-
Remember Shurms running Ricahrdson on into the line 3 times with 3 minutes left in the game, making the Steelers use all their timeouts? Burning maybe 20 seconds off the clock, and then punting with over 2 minutes left? Wow- down one score with 2+ minutes left? That's ALL DAY in the NFL my friend. I had visions of Batch putting together a game winning drive, the same way Romo tied up the game last week.
I was chastised elsewhere when I voiced the same thing you did. In fact, the guy said that what Shurmur did was just SMART football! How is it smart to PURPOSELY give the ball back with 2+ minutes remaining when a TD & XP BEAT you? He had NO intention of trying to get a first down & THEN killing the clock. With that kind of thinking, we'll NEVER be winners. We won in spite of Shurmur thanks to all the aggressive & talented young athletes on this Team. Given them some REAL direction next year, along with a few additions, & we'll be fine.
Mike
I was chastised elsewhere when I voiced the same thing you did. In fact, the guy said that what Shurmur did was just SMART football! How is it smart to PURPOSELY give the ball back with 2+ minutes remaining when a TD & XP BEAT you? He had NO intention of trying to get a first down & THEN killing the clock. With that kind of thinking, we'll NEVER be winners. We won in spite of Shurmur thanks to all the aggressive & talented young athletes on this Team. Given them some REAL direction next year, along with a few additions, & we'll be fine.
Mike
This is what (I hope) Haslam sees. Shuurmur is an utter failure, class A dufus when it comes to gameday down and distance, and clock management. Gets a solid "F" from me in those departments. "I'm up a score, so I'll let my defense win the game for me". Didn't work for Marty against the Broncos, and if Shurm's move against the Steelers had backfired, we'd never have heard the end of it from Pittsburgh fans. BTW, I haven't forgotten the punt in the Indy game either.

Really Pat- you gave the Steelers the ball with 2+ minutes left, and the free timeout @ the 2 minute warning. Hello- Earth to Pat- it's an entirely different situation if you're far on the OTHER side of two minutes, where it is smart to make the other team burn timeouts, and try and score a TD with 30 seconds left. But that still can and does happen occasionally.
Why not try and go up TWO scores? It becomes exponentially more difficult for the other team to win. Even in a "worst case scenario" an int- did you really lose that much? Tell Weeds if no one is open, throw it in the seats. Could you maybe have let Weeds audible out of a hopeless running play that had the Steelers playing all hands on deck in the box? Edit- not only that, just trying to get into "Mr Automatic's" Dawson's FG range puts it out of reach.

Classic "playing not to lose, no risk taking" coaching by Patsy.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login