Rolando Mcclain
-
Pats should take a look at him, lmao
-
He wasn't released so none of this matters. He was suspended for two games.
-
Retired at 23 Ravens LB McClain retires before playing with teamThe Associated Press – 32 minutes agoRELATED CONTENT
-
View PhotoFILE - This is a 2012 file photo showing then Oakland Raiders football player Rolando McClain. Baltimore Ravens linebacker McClain is facing new charges …
OWINGS MILLS, Md. (AP) -- Linebacker Rolando McClain has told the Baltimore Ravens that he's retiring from the NFL.
The 23-year-old McClain played three seasons with the Oakland Raiders before signing a one-year contract with Baltimore as a free agent on April 12.
''Rolando let me know that he plans to retire from the NFL,'' Ravens general manager Ozzie Newsome said Wednesday. ''We have placed him on the Reserve/Retired list.''
Ten days after signing with the Ravens, McClain was arrested in Decatur, Alabama, and charged with disorderly conduct and resisting arrest.
It was the third time McClain was arrested in Decatur since 2011. He was previously charged in a 2011 shooting, and police arrested him in January on charges of having his car windows tinted too darkly and trying to lie about his identity.
McClain was sentenced to jail on an assault charge after the shooting, but prosecutors later dismissed the case.
A city judge dismissed the January charge against McClain of trying to lie about his identity. He pleaded guilty to the window tint violation and paid a $182 fine.
Before joining the Ravens, McClain spent his first three NFL seasons with the Oakland Raiders. He was the eighth overall pick in the 2010 draft out of Alabama.
In 41 games with Oakland he had 274 tackles, 6 1/2 sacks and one interception. In his final season, he was suspended for two games for conduct detrimental to the team.
-
-
I was hoping that we would take a look at him in FA but we didn't, thank god that would have been a whiff.
-
The Ravens also have another McClain, Jameel McClain, who I think was actually the starter at the position that Rolando McClain played....middle Linebacker.
I think Rolando was just the backup.
Issue: does this weaken them at that position? I mean, they did also just lose Ray Lewis.
-
The Ravens also have another McClain, Jameel McClain, who I think was actually the starter at the position that Rolando McClain played....middle Linebacker.
I think Rolando was just the backup.
Issue: does this weaken them at that position? I mean, they did also just lose Ray Lewis.
I'm sure it did. He may have been nothing more than a rotational guy at this point but still he was part of the equation.The Ravens also have another McClain, Jameel McClain, who I think was actually the starter at the position that Rolando McClain played....middle Linebacker.
I think Rolando was just the backup.
Issue: does this weaken them at that position? I mean, they did also just lose Ray Lewis.
-
Hopefully this and JaMarcus Russell helps teams in addition to the Raiders look harder at player character - both of them were "can't miss" top-ten prospects coming from the Almighty Ess Ee See.
-
He retired. at 23????
-
He retired. at 23????
He retired. at 23????
My suspicion is that this will be temporary. What other job can a kid like that go to that will pay him million bucks or whatever.
-
He retired. at 23????
My suspicion is that this will be temporary. What other job can a kid like that go to that will pay him million bucks or whatever.
My suspicion is that this will be temporary. What other job can a kid like that go to that will pay him million bucks or whatever.
Dealing drugs.
-
As much as I loathe the ravens, if Ozzie Newsome got his hands on him and he went this route it's a lost cause. I know he wasn't a personal mentor or anything but still. I wouldn't doubt if Oz and the gang told him he wasn't going to make it so he "retired" instead.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login