Cut Defense Spending...
-
I have absolutely no doubt there's enough to waste in the defense budget to trim out a good piece of it.
That being said I would hope our people are working diligently on creating a new weapons system that makes the nuclear bomb look like a cap gun.
Because if we don't someone else will.
Maybe some of your " civilized" buddies in Iran Egypt Iraq or Saudi Arabia.
But most likely China.
WSS
I have absolutely no doubt there's enough to waste in the defense budget to trim out a good piece of it.
That being said I would hope our people are working diligently on creating a new weapons system that makes the nuclear bomb look like a cap gun.
Because if we don't someone else will.
Maybe some of your " civilized" buddies in Iran Egypt Iraq or Saudi Arabia.
But most likely China.
WSS
I agree. There is enough fat in all departments to cut 20%.
Maybe not all at once, but on a step down....say 5% every 2 years. Make it a 8 year process.
Mandate it....all levels of federal government have to cut 20% off the budget.
For all my lib friends....why is it you are always looking to raise money through taxes....which i don't dismiss may need to happen.....but don't want to see any spending cuts across the board??
My hope is congress doesn't fold and unless real cuts are proposed, we go off the cliff and all of our taxes go up. I don't want to pay more, but will and can if required.
I think it's time people wake up I think between new tax rates for everybody and possibly mandated insurance for those that don't have any, you'll see a lot of people insisting on spending cuts.....or someones head....now it's time to see who's head they want.
My bet is it won't be the republicans.
-
I have absolutely no doubt there's enough to waste in the defense budget to trim out a good piece of it.
That being said I would hope our people are working diligently on creating a new weapons system that makes the nuclear bomb look like a cap gun.
Because if we don't someone else will.
Maybe some of your " civilized" buddies in Iran Egypt Iraq or Saudi Arabia.
But most likely China.
WSS
I agree. There is enough fat in all departments to cut 20%.
Maybe not all at once, but on a step down....say 5% every 2 years. Make it a 8 year process.
Mandate it....all levels of federal government have to cut 20% off the budget.
For all my lib friends....why is it you are always looking to raise money through taxes....which i don't dismiss may need to happen.....but don't want to see any spending cuts across the board??
My hope is congress doesn't fold and unless real cuts are proposed, we go off the cliff and all of our taxes go up. I don't want to pay more, but will and can if required.
I think it's time people wake up I think between new tax rates for everybody and possibly mandated insurance for those that don't have any, you'll see a lot of people insisting on spending cuts.....or someones head....now it's time to see who's head they want.
My bet is it won't be the republicans.
I agree. There is enough fat in all departments to cut 20%.
Maybe not all at once, but on a step down....say 5% every 2 years. Make it a 8 year process.
Mandate it....all levels of federal government have to cut 20% off the budget.
For all my lib friends....why is it you are always looking to raise money through taxes....which i don't dismiss may need to happen.....but don't want to see any spending cuts across the board??
My hope is congress doesn't fold and unless real cuts are proposed, we go off the cliff and all of our taxes go up. I don't want to pay more, but will and can if required.
I think it's time people wake up I think between new tax rates for everybody and possibly mandated insurance for those that don't have any, you'll see a lot of people insisting on spending cuts.....or someones head....now it's time to see who's head they want.
My bet is it won't be the republicans.
your ideas make good sense but this congress and president are just can kickers once again!
but the POTUS is really slick here...
if spending cuts are off the table by Christmas. (just an extended ceiling and more nominal revenue from the rich taxation)
then BHO comes in next year this time to introduce his spending cuts, and comes off the hero in time for the midterms.. to finally put an end to those do nothin House R's!
and it would make perfect sense to the 51% voting block who were sleeping, or in a stupor (whatever the BHO worship is) to come out in favor of this BS
we do need the R's n theHouse to stand up against the tax and spend guys.... all the tea party haters will maybe see the light?
-
I find it odd our board dems don't comment on serious issues and worry about homo rights.
What do you boys propose we cut?
-
I find it odd our board dems don't comment on serious issues and worry about homo rights.
What do you boys propose we cut?
-
Because the new generation is feminized to the max. Just look at the younger guys in here, and tell me it isn't the truth.
Whoa my friend, a lot of dems are feminized period, regardless of the generation. I think the young generation is more or less handicapped into a certain bully-free pussiness, where everyone gets a participation medal and a nice pizza dinner just for showing up, but you have to lay the blame for that squarely on the generation that sired them. I'm not old enough to be their dad so that would be...
-
Lol, you guys.
So you're the perfect generation and ye somehow every current problem we have isn't your fault... hmmm
-
Because the new generation is feminized to the max. Just look at the younger guys in here, and tell me it isn't the truth.
Whoa my friend, a lot of dems are feminized period, regardless of the generation. I think the young generation is more or less handicapped into a certain bully-free pussiness, where everyone gets a participation medal and a nice pizza dinner just for showing up, but you have to lay the blame for that squarely on the generation that sired them. I'm not old enough to be their dad so that would be...
Whoa my friend, a lot of dems are feminized period, regardless of the generation. I think the young generation is more or less handicapped into a certain bully-free pussiness, where everyone gets a participation medal and a nice pizza dinner just for showing up, but you have to lay the blame for that squarely on the generation that sired them. I'm not old enough to be their dad so that would be...
No, I think the blame lies with the teachers/professors. They lay their liberal/pussy agenda on them and they go from there. And believe me Air Force, I didn't teach my kids to be wimps.
-
Damn those professors teaching our kids things! Everyone knows knowledge and learning are just a gate way to the ho-mo-sexual lifestyle! The only book learning my kids need is from the Bible! In fact, my kids don't need school at all. I'm just gonna teach em to hunt and fish and build stuff! Yeah, and the girl can be taught how to cook and clean! 'Merica!
Really you guys couldn't sound any dumber right now.
Well actually its close between all the science comments in the other thread and this
-
I realize you think you know everything, when in reality you don't know shit. But, believe me, the professors have an agenda, and it's always been to make kids not only learn what they are teaching, but also influence their way of thinking.
-
Lol, you guys.
So you're the perfect generation and ye somehow every current problem we have isn't your fault... hmmm
Lol, you guys.
So you're the perfect generation and ye somehow every current problem we have isn't your fault... hmmm
There's no way diehard and I are in the same generation.
-
Let me ask you something woody...have you ever been punched in the face?
I'm in no way saying I want to punch you. On this board, I only have interest in punching bunker, but have you?
-
Lol, you guys.
So you're the perfect generation and ye somehow every current problem we have isn't your fault... hmmm
There's no way diehard and I are in the same generation.
There's no way diehard and I are in the same generation.
that wasn't really directed toward you
-
Let me ask you something woody...have you ever been punched in the face?
I'm in no way saying I want to punch you. On this board, I only have interest in punching bunker, but have you?
Let me ask you something woody...have you ever been punched in the face?
I'm in no way saying I want to punch you. On this board, I only have interest in punching bunker, but have you?
nope
-
I realize you think you know everything, when in reality you don't know shit. But, believe me, the professors have an agenda, and it's always been to make kids not only learn what they are teaching, but also influence their way of thinking.
I realize you think you know everything, when in reality you don't know shit. But, believe me, the professors have an agenda, and it's always been to make kids not only learn what they are teaching, but also influence their way of thinking.
you do know everything though, correct?
-
Let me ask you something woody...have you ever been punched in the face?
I'm in no way saying I want to punch you. On this board, I only have interest in punching bunker, but have you?
nope
nope
You should get in a fight. It teaches you stuff about yourself that you might not otherwise learn.
-
There is a lot of truth in that.
-
nope
You should get in a fight. It teaches you stuff about yourself that you might not otherwise learn.
You should get in a fight. It teaches you stuff about yourself that you might not otherwise learn.
I agree with the second part, not the first.
-
You should get in a fight. It teaches you stuff about yourself that you might not otherwise learn.
I agree with the second part, not the first.
I agree with the second part, not the first.
There's only one part.
-
I agree with the second part, not the first.
There's only one part.
There's only one part.
You suggest that he should get in a fight. I'd argue against that. To the best of your ability, avoid fighting. If you have to fight, make damn certain the other guy will never consider fighting you again.
-
I spent 40 years in the defense industry. I got and get it! We spend more than the rest of world on defense. What a shame! More than half is wasted monies. The Defense budget tripled the last ten years and we still cannot find an enemy but keep working on making enemies to justify this waste.
Bottom line we tripled the defense budget without increasing capability and it is a fraud wasting our monies
I got a lot of time to discuss why we tripled the defense budget in ten years and got NO resutls
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login