Skip to content

Cut Defense Spending...

Political Discussion
32 10 1.5k
  • Lol, you guys.

    So you're the perfect generation and ye somehow every current problem we have isn't your fault... hmmm

    @mld-woody said:

    Lol, you guys.

    So you're the perfect generation and ye somehow every current problem we have isn't your fault... hmmm

    There's no way diehard and I are in the same generation.

  • Let me ask you something woody...have you ever been punched in the face?

    I'm in no way saying I want to punch you. On this board, I only have interest in punching bunker, but have you?

  • @mld-woody said:

    Lol, you guys.

    So you're the perfect generation and ye somehow every current problem we have isn't your fault... hmmm

    There's no way diehard and I are in the same generation.

    @the-cysko-kid said:

    There's no way diehard and I are in the same generation.

    that wasn't really directed toward you

  • Let me ask you something woody...have you ever been punched in the face?

    I'm in no way saying I want to punch you. On this board, I only have interest in punching bunker, but have you?

    @the-cysko-kid said:

    Let me ask you something woody...have you ever been punched in the face?

    I'm in no way saying I want to punch you. On this board, I only have interest in punching bunker, but have you?

    nope

  • I realize you think you know everything, when in reality you don't know shit. But, believe me, the professors have an agenda, and it's always been to make kids not only learn what they are teaching, but also influence their way of thinking.

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    I realize you think you know everything, when in reality you don't know shit. But, believe me, the professors have an agenda, and it's always been to make kids not only learn what they are teaching, but also influence their way of thinking.

    you do know everything though, correct?

  • @the-cysko-kid said:

    Let me ask you something woody...have you ever been punched in the face?

    I'm in no way saying I want to punch you. On this board, I only have interest in punching bunker, but have you?

    nope

    @mld-woody said:

    nope

    You should get in a fight. It teaches you stuff about yourself that you might not otherwise learn.

  • There is a lot of truth in that.

  • @mld-woody said:

    nope

    You should get in a fight. It teaches you stuff about yourself that you might not otherwise learn.

    @the-cysko-kid said:

    You should get in a fight. It teaches you stuff about yourself that you might not otherwise learn.

    I agree with the second part, not the first.

  • @the-cysko-kid said:

    You should get in a fight. It teaches you stuff about yourself that you might not otherwise learn.

    I agree with the second part, not the first.

    @vaportrail said:

    I agree with the second part, not the first.

    There's only one part.

  • @vaportrail said:

    I agree with the second part, not the first.

    There's only one part.

    @the-cysko-kid said:

    There's only one part.

    You suggest that he should get in a fight. I'd argue against that. To the best of your ability, avoid fighting. If you have to fight, make damn certain the other guy will never consider fighting you again.

  • I spent 40 years in the defense industry. I got and get it! We spend more than the rest of world on defense. What a shame! More than half is wasted monies. The Defense budget tripled the last ten years and we still cannot find an enemy but keep working on making enemies to justify this waste.

    Bottom line we tripled the defense budget without increasing capability and it is a fraud wasting our monies

    I got a lot of time to discuss why we tripled the defense budget in ten years and got NO resutls

  • Because we killed all the Nazis 60 god damn years ago. A world war just isn't worth it for the nations involved thanks to globalization of the economy. Time to let go of the military-industrial complex.

    military-industrial-complex.jpg

  • I have no problem cutting defense spending. As I said in another thread, maybe as much as 20% over 5-8 years.

    People do have to realize that is going to cost jobs. There are lot's of needless jobs being supported by wasteful government spending.

    Sure, we have to eliminate the proverbial $500 hammer, but in the end there are lots of people at Boeing, GE. etc that will no longer be needed as orders wane.

    That's the problem with government created jobs. They never seem to be cut even when you don't need them because politicians aren't willing to hand out pink slips. They sure like to hire people but avoid firing people like the plague.

  • The Senate voted 98-0 on Tuesday to approve a wide-ranging defense bill that authorizes $631.4 billion in funding for the military, the war in Afghanistan and nuclear weapons.

    The Senate bill includes a new round of Iran sanctions, a permanent ban on transferring detainees from the Guantanamo prison camp on Cuba to the United States, and prohibitions on the military detention of U.S. citizens.

  • There's $600b for defense spending, $30b for the National Institutes of Health in the budget. That ratio needs to be a little less extreme.

  • There's $600b for defense spending, $30b for the National Institutes of Health in the budget. That ratio needs to be a little less extreme.

    @vaportrail said:

    There's $600b for defense spending, $30b for the National Institutes of Health in the budget. That ratio needs to be a little less extreme.

    There are lots of departments that could use added funding. Lot's that could trim 20% as I stated elsewhere.

    When would be a good time to start making some of these cuts? I am not talking attrition or cutting future spending. Those will help, no doubt, but sooner or later we are going to have to spend less this year then we did last year.

    No?

  • @vaportrail said:

    There's $600b for defense spending, $30b for the National Institutes of Health in the budget. That ratio needs to be a little less extreme.

    There are lots of departments that could use added funding. Lot's that could trim 20% as I stated elsewhere.

    When would be a good time to start making some of these cuts? I am not talking attrition or cutting future spending. Those will help, no doubt, but sooner or later we are going to have to spend less this year then we did last year.

    No?

    @ballpeen said:

    There are lots of departments that could use added funding. Lot's that could trim 20% as I stated elsewhere.

    When would be a good time to start making some of these cuts? I am not talking attrition or cutting future spending. Those will help, no doubt, but sooner or later we are going to have to spend less this year then we did last year.

    No?

    I think that is exactly correct. I have absolutely no doubt that every department in the United States has at least as much waste as Defense.

    We could probably solve the problem with a simple 5 percent across the board cut.

    WSS