Skip to content

T Sizzle

The Browns Board
18 8 1.2k
  • As much as I'd love to see a guy like that here, call me crazy but I'm against spending that kind of cash.

    We need to start getting guys like this through the draft and start suplamenting the rest of the team with low priced FAs that fill niches or else we're going to find ourselves in cap hell, then have to gut and start over.

    Would he make a great addition?

    Hell yes!

    Would I love to see him here?

    Yes.

    But I wouldn't like to see him here at the cost of the future of the franchise.

  • As much as I'd love to see a guy like that here, call me crazy but I'm against spending that kind of cash.

    We need to start getting guys like this through the draft and start suplamenting the rest of the team with low priced FAs that fill niches or else we're going to find ourselves in cap hell, then have to gut and start over.

    Would he make a great addition?

    Hell yes!

    Would I love to see him here?

    Yes.

    But I wouldn't like to see him here at the cost of the future of the franchise.

    @tobalaz said:

    As much as I'd love to see a guy like that here, call me crazy but I'm against spending that kind of cash.

    We need to start getting guys like this through the draft and start suplamenting the rest of the team with low priced FAs that fill niches or else we're going to find ourselves in cap hell, then have to gut and start over.

    Would he make a great addition?

    Hell yes!

    Would I love to see him here?

    Yes.

    But I wouldn't like to see him here at the cost of the future of the franchise.

    It takes cash to get a guy like him ..Browns are too close to the CAP to get a franchise player at this time ..Mortgaging your future for one player (outside a QB) is usually not the way to build a consistent winner

  • As much as I'd love to see a guy like that here, call me crazy but I'm against spending that kind of cash.

    We need to start getting guys like this through the draft and start suplamenting the rest of the team with low priced FAs that fill niches or else we're going to find ourselves in cap hell, then have to gut and start over.

    Would he make a great addition?

    Hell yes!

    Would I love to see him here?

    Yes.

    But I wouldn't like to see him here at the cost of the future of the franchise.

    @tobalaz said:

    As much as I'd love to see a guy like that here, call me crazy but I'm against spending that kind of cash.

    We need to start getting guys like this through the draft and start suplamenting the rest of the team with low priced FAs that fill niches or else we're going to find ourselves in cap hell, then have to gut and start over.

    Would he make a great addition?

    Hell yes!

    Would I love to see him here?

    Yes.

    But I wouldn't like to see him here at the cost of the future of the franchise.

    I definitely understand your perspective. For weeks, I've been going back and forth on this.

    If the question's whether Suggs is worth a 6 year, $72M deal, I think the answer is definitely yes. I don't think Indy is upset they gave Dwight Freeney that much. Or - in a similar situation to our's - the Vikings aren't disappointed in the production they got from Jared Allen (14.5 sacks).

    But there is the question you raise about whether we can afford it. It's really hard to tell; my guesstimation is that we might be able to, but it'd limit us to a one FA offseason - the other guys we'd end up signing would be guys languishing at the bottom of other team's rosters, not priority (or even midlevel) FA's. But with his history in pro personnel scouting, maybe Kokinis could find us some Jim Leonhard-like steals...

    And there's my frustration that we might not be able to afford Suggs because we gave Corey Williams 6 years, $38.5M. If we can't sign Suggs because of that deal, it may end up being one of Phil Savage's biggest mistakes.

  • we could always try to cut and resign him or get him to somehow restructure his deal, though i doubt he'd do that with the contract he got unless he actually wants to be part of a winner instead of just insanely rich.

  • Gutsy performance by Terrell Suggs tonight. He had 8 sacks during the regular season and added another 4 during the playoffs.

    Also, his two sacks tonight get him up to 10 career against the Steelers.

    Looks like he's set for a Dwight Freeney-type payday this offseason. But considering our incredibly inept pass rush, he'd probably be worth it.

    Let's pay him so he can gild all of his GI Joes.

    Aloysius said:

    Gutsy performance by Terrell Suggs tonight. He had 8 sacks during the regular season and added another 4 during the playoffs.

    Also, his two sacks tonight get him up to 10 career against the Steelers.

    Looks like he's set for a Dwight Freeney-type payday this offseason. But considering our incredibly inept pass rush, he'd probably be worth it.

    Let's pay him so he can gild all of his GI Joes.

    he is a Beast.... I hope you guys DONT Go after him...lol.

  • No surprise here, I am 100% for signing Suggs. He would transform our defense completely, even if only by drawing double teams constantly. He is young, relatively healthy, productive, and we'd be stealing from the rats. I love it. I would be solidly behind Kok if he could bring Suggs over from Balt.

    As for the cap, I honestly dont believe that our situation is as tight as advertised. A quick look back at last year shows that Savage is more clever with the cap than he gets credit for and that early projections of our cap can be wildly off base. We were projected to have only $16 million in space last year. (http://cle.scout.com/2/741502.html) Anyone notice any restraint at all in signing free agents?

    If he is getable, we need to get him. The only barrier I see is if the Rats franchise him and then look to trade him out of division. Of course, an overpriced contract offer from us could get him to veto that move (unless it's AZ perhaps).

  • @tobalaz said:

    As much as I'd love to see a guy like that here, call me crazy but I'm against spending that kind of cash.

    We need to start getting guys like this through the draft and start suplamenting the rest of the team with low priced FAs that fill niches or else we're going to find ourselves in cap hell, then have to gut and start over.

    Would he make a great addition?

    Hell yes!

    Would I love to see him here?

    Yes.

    But I wouldn't like to see him here at the cost of the future of the franchise.

    I definitely understand your perspective. For weeks, I've been going back and forth on this.

    If the question's whether Suggs is worth a 6 year, $72M deal, I think the answer is definitely yes. I don't think Indy is upset they gave Dwight Freeney that much. Or - in a similar situation to our's - the Vikings aren't disappointed in the production they got from Jared Allen (14.5 sacks).

    But there is the question you raise about whether we can afford it. It's really hard to tell; my guesstimation is that we might be able to, but it'd limit us to a one FA offseason - the other guys we'd end up signing would be guys languishing at the bottom of other team's rosters, not priority (or even midlevel) FA's. But with his history in pro personnel scouting, maybe Kokinis could find us some Jim Leonhard-like steals...

    And there's my frustration that we might not be able to afford Suggs because we gave Corey Williams 6 years, $38.5M. If we can't sign Suggs because of that deal, it may end up being one of Phil Savage's biggest mistakes.

    Aloysius said:

    I definitely understand your perspective. For weeks, I've been going back and forth on this.

    If the question's whether Suggs is worth a 6 year, $72M deal, I think the answer is definitely yes. I don't think Indy is upset they gave Dwight Freeney that much. Or - in a similar situation to our's - the Vikings aren't disappointed in the production they got from Jared Allen (14.5 sacks).

    But there is the question you raise about whether we can afford it. It's really hard to tell; my guesstimation is that we might be able to, but it'd limit us to a one FA offseason - the other guys we'd end up signing would be guys languishing at the bottom of other team's rosters, not priority (or even midlevel) FA's. But with his history in pro personnel scouting, maybe Kokinis could find us some Jim Leonhard-like steals...

    And there's my frustration that we might not be able to afford Suggs because we gave Corey Williams 6 years, $38.5M. If we can't sign Suggs because of that deal, it may end up being one of Phil Savage's biggest mistakes.

    Only guaranteed portions of contracts are worth looking at in the NFL. They can give someone 5 years and $100mil and it doesn't mean anything unless a big hunk is guaranteed. Also, even if a good portion is guaranteed it depends on how the contract is structured.

    The singing of Williams won't have any effect on Suggs looking at Cleveland, but Rex Ryan in New York will.

  • No way the Jets can afford Suggs. Calvin Pace is signed for 6 years, $42M ($11M signing bonus), Gholston's signed for 5 years, $32.5M ($21M guaranteed), and Bryan Thomas is playing on a 5 year, $25M deal.

    They can't afford another edge rusher.

  • And according to rotoworld, Corey Williams' contract included a $6.5M signing and $16.3M in "guarantees" - I think we had a debate a couple weeks ago if that number includes non-guaranteed roster bonuses.

  • Gutsy performance by Terrell Suggs tonight. He had 8 sacks during the regular season and added another 4 during the playoffs.

    Also, his two sacks tonight get him up to 10 career against the Steelers.

    Looks like he's set for a Dwight Freeney-type payday this offseason. But considering our incredibly inept pass rush, he'd probably be worth it.

    Let's pay him so he can gild all of his GI Joes.

    Aloysius said:

    Gutsy performance by Terrell Suggs tonight. He had 8 sacks during the regular season and added another 4 during the playoffs.

    Also, his two sacks tonight get him up to 10 career against the Steelers.

    Looks like he's set for a Dwight Freeney-type payday this offseason. But considering our incredibly inept pass rush, he'd probably be worth it.

    Let's pay him so he can gild all of his GI Joes.

    He wouldn't come to Cleveland and besides, we don't have a General Manager.

  • Aloysius said:

    Gutsy performance by Terrell Suggs tonight. He had 8 sacks during the regular season and added another 4 during the playoffs.

    Also, his two sacks tonight get him up to 10 career against the Steelers.

    Looks like he's set for a Dwight Freeney-type payday this offseason. But considering our incredibly inept pass rush, he'd probably be worth it.

    Let's pay him so he can gild all of his GI Joes.

    He wouldn't come to Cleveland and besides, we don't have a General Manager.

    @ghoolie said:

    He wouldn't come to Cleveland

    Thanks for the in-depth analysis.