Skip to content

Survey Monday 12/3/12

The Browns Board
51 14 1.4k
  • What's overrated about Lincoln? Probably the single best orator as a president and had the balls to preserve the union at all costs. Not overrated at all.

    ComeonmanC Comeonman wrote on last edited by
    #18

    @the-cysko-kid said:

    What's overrated about Lincoln? Probably the single best orator as a president and had the balls to preserve the union at all costs. Not overrated at all.

    Lincoln admittedly did not want to fight a civil war, and never set out to end slavery. Things were thrown at him that he was forced to act on. Overall a decent president though, he'll of a lot better than Clinton lol. Never thought I would have seen him on anyone's top five

  • i find it hilarious how many put FDR in their top 5

    easily the worst president this country has ever had

    ComeonmanC Comeonman wrote on last edited by
    #19

    @snugglybottoms said:

    i find it hilarious how many put FDR in their top 5

    easily the worst president this country has ever had

    He was a HUGE socialist. Called Joe Stalin "uncle joe" but did make some good decisions during the war, definitely wouldn't call him the worst. Pretty sure that spot is held for Buchanan or Pierce

  • FurnierF Furnier wrote on last edited by Furnier
    #20

    It has been a while since I did a survey, so here goes. Because I haven't done it in a while there are a few more questions than usual:

    1. What do you think the Browns final record will be?

    16-0 (in 2013)

    2. Which two teams do you want to see meet in the Super Bowl?

    49ers and Texans with the Niners winning. That would make them 6-0 in Super Bowls which are as many wins as Frontrunner Nation with a 1000% winning percentage. Might shut a few of them up for 20 seconds.

    3. Do you think it is right that Northern Illinois should have been awarded a BCS Bowl Berth?

    The BCS has done far worse.

    4. Who in your opinion is the nastiest movie villain? (you can either like or dislike)

    Terry Bradshaw in Cannonball Run.

    5. Prince William and Dutchess Kate are expecting a future King or Queen of England. What name do you think this future king/queen should be given. Give both a boy and girl's name.

    Fontleroy = Boy Grizelda = Girl

    6. State who you think are the Top 5 greatest Presidents in US history.

    Harrison, Harrison, McKinley, Taft, Garfield, Harding, Grant, Hayes ... 3 way tie for 5th with the two Harrisons and Taft

    7. What do you want Santa Claus to bring you for Christmas? (or what do you want under your Hannukah bush....or whatever religion you ascribe to).

    A willing wanton woman....WITHOUT a Hannukah bush

  • It has been a while since I did a survey, so here goes. Because I haven't done it in a while there are a few more questions than usual:

    1. What do you think the Browns final record will be?

    2. Which two teams do you want to see meet in the Super Bowl?

    3. Do you think it is right that Northern Illinois should have been awarded a BCS Bowl Berth?

    4. Who in your opinion is the nastiest movie villain? (you can either like or dislike)

    5. Prince William and Dutchess Kate are expecting a future King or Queen of England. What name do you think this future king/queen should be given. Give both a boy and girl's name.

    6. State who you think are the Top 5 greatest Presidents in US history.

    7. What do you want Santa Claus to bring you for Christmas? (or what do you want under your Hannukah bush....or whatever religion you ascribe to).

    Harry BuffaloH Harry Buffalo wrote on last edited by
    #21

    @the-gipper said:

    It has been a while since I did a survey, so here goes. Because I haven't done it in a while there are a few more questions than usual:

    1. What do you think the Browns final record will be?

    2. Which two teams do you want to see meet in the Super Bowl?

    3. Do you think it is right that Northern Illinois should have been awarded a BCS Bowl Berth?

    4. Who in your opinion is the nastiest movie villain? (you can either like or dislike)

    5. Prince William and Dutchess Kate are expecting a future King or Queen of England. What name do you think this future king/queen should be given. Give both a boy and girl's name.

    6. State who you think are the Top 5 greatest Presidents in US history.

    7. What do you want Santa Claus to bring you for Christmas? (or what do you want under your Hannukah bush....or whatever religion you ascribe to).

    1. 6 - 10 I think is fair, especially since we play the Chiefs next week.

    2. I don't know. I would like to see the Texans make it to their first superbowl or maybe the 49er's. Of course I like underdogs so I would like to see the Seahawks make a run.

    3. Hell yes they should be in a BCS game. I don't think they should have been stuck playing FSU though. I think a bowl with N Illi and Louisville would have made for a much more capedative game. But regardless of how people feel on whether or not they deserve to be there that isn't the stupidest thing. How does a 5 lose team go to the Rose bowl? How does Georgia go from #3 in the nation one week to out of the BCS the next? This is why the NCAA needs a playoff and not just a 4 team one either. They need a real 8-16 team playoff.

    4. Shooter McGavin

    5. Lady Liberty for a girl or Uncle Sam for a boy. The only way I will give two shits who their kid is. Sorry if you take offense Gip but I would honestly be much more interested in here who the next Prime Minister is than who is going to be the head of state in 50 years.

    6. Theodore Roosevelt for being a man, Andrew Jackson for being a part of well over 2 dozen duels in his life and being the only known president to murder someone, Franklin D. Roosevelt for sharing the same blood as Teddy and using his wheel chair to run over Nazis, Truman for having the balls to drop two A bombs and save a million young men from dying by invading Japan, and finally at 5 I have Clinton based solely on the fact that I cheated on that cunt Hillary.

  • It has been a while since I did a survey, so here goes. Because I haven't done it in a while there are a few more questions than usual:

    1. What do you think the Browns final record will be?

    2. Which two teams do you want to see meet in the Super Bowl?

    3. Do you think it is right that Northern Illinois should have been awarded a BCS Bowl Berth?

    4. Who in your opinion is the nastiest movie villain? (you can either like or dislike)

    5. Prince William and Dutchess Kate are expecting a future King or Queen of England. What name do you think this future king/queen should be given. Give both a boy and girl's name.

    6. State who you think are the Top 5 greatest Presidents in US history.

    7. What do you want Santa Claus to bring you for Christmas? (or what do you want under your Hannukah bush....or whatever religion you ascribe to).

    ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by
    #22

    @the-gipper said:

    It has been a while since I did a survey, so here goes. Because I haven't done it in a while there are a few more questions than usual:

    1. What do you think the Browns final record will be?.......7-9

    2. Which two teams do you want to see meet in the Super Bowl?....Cleveland....anybody

    3. Do you think it is right that Northern Illinois should have been awarded a BCS Bowl Berth?...No way

    4. Who in your opinion is the nastiest movie villain? (you can either like or dislike)....Wicked Witch of the West

    5. Prince William and Dutchess Kate are expecting a future King or Queen of England. What name do you think this future king/queen should be given. Give both a boy and girl's name.......Fredrick, Anne

    6. State who you think are the Top 5 greatest Presidents in US history....Washington, Jefferson,Jackson,Eisenhower,Reagan

    7. What do you want Santa Claus to bring you for Christmas? (or what do you want under your Hannukah bush....or whatever religion you ascribe to).....Kurig coffer maker

  • It has been a while since I did a survey, so here goes. Because I haven't done it in a while there are a few more questions than usual:

    1. What do you think the Browns final record will be?

    2. Which two teams do you want to see meet in the Super Bowl?

    3. Do you think it is right that Northern Illinois should have been awarded a BCS Bowl Berth?

    4. Who in your opinion is the nastiest movie villain? (you can either like or dislike)

    5. Prince William and Dutchess Kate are expecting a future King or Queen of England. What name do you think this future king/queen should be given. Give both a boy and girl's name.

    6. State who you think are the Top 5 greatest Presidents in US history.

    7. What do you want Santa Claus to bring you for Christmas? (or what do you want under your Hannukah bush....or whatever religion you ascribe to).

    DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
    #23

    @the-gipper said:

    It has been a while since I did a survey, so here goes. Because I haven't done it in a while there are a few more questions than usual:

    1. What do you think the Browns final record will be? 6-10

    2. Which two teams do you want to see meet in the Super Bowl?Houston, Atlanta

    3. Do you think it is right that Northern Illinois should have been awarded a BCS Bowl Berth? Hell no

    4. Who in your opinion is the nastiest movie villain? (you can either like or dislike) Don't know

    5. Prince William and Dutchess Kate are expecting a future King or Queen of England. What name do you think this future king/queen should be given. Give both a boy and girl's name. Pass on this

    6. State who you think are the Top 5 greatest Presidents in US history. Reagan, Washington, Roosevelt, Lincoln, Jackson

    7. What do you want Santa Claus to bring you for Christmas? (or what do you want under your Hannukah bush....or whatever religion you ascribe to). 2013 Mustang Boss 302

  • @the-gipper said:

    Just a few items of guidance:

    The Consensus Worst 5 President's in history are considered to be (alphabetically): Buchanan, Fillmore, Harding, Andrew Johnson, Pierce.

    The Consensus Top Ten, alphabetically: Eisenhower, Jackson, Jefferson, Lincoln, Polk, Franklin Roosevelt, Teddy Roosevelt, Truman, Washington, Wilson

    Polk, really??

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #24

    @runyon27 said:

    Polk, really??

    Yea, really. Polk was the fervent Manifest Destiny President. He is responsible essentially for the US acquisition of Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, Utah, California, Nevada, parts of Colorado, Oregon, Idaho, Washington. Almost half the damn country. Only the Louisiana Purchase may have garnered more acreage.

  • i find it hilarious how many put FDR in their top 5

    easily the worst president this country has ever had

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #25

    @snugglybottoms said:

    i find it hilarious how many put FDR in their top 5

    easily the worst president this country has ever had

    Sorry, every single historian on the planet disagrees with you. You probably read some silly Ayn Rand bullshit. The fact is, but for Roosevelt this nation may have fallen into third world status.

  • @snugglybottoms said:

    i find it hilarious how many put FDR in their top 5

    easily the worst president this country has ever had

    Sorry, every single historian on the planet disagrees with you. You probably read some silly Ayn Rand bullshit. The fact is, but for Roosevelt this nation may have fallen into third world status.

    S SnugglyBottoms wrote on last edited by
    #26

    @the-gipper said:

    Sorry, every single historian on the planet disagrees with you. You probably read some silly Ayn Rand bullshit. The fact is, but for Roosevelt this nation may have fallen into third world status.

    that is not a fact, that is a hypothetical.

    here is a fact, government involvement in the free market hinders competition and stalls real economic growth.

    economics 101

  • @the-gipper said:

    Sorry, every single historian on the planet disagrees with you. You probably read some silly Ayn Rand bullshit. The fact is, but for Roosevelt this nation may have fallen into third world status.

    that is not a fact, that is a hypothetical.

    here is a fact, government involvement in the free market hinders competition and stalls real economic growth.

    economics 101

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #27

    @snugglybottoms said:

    that is not a fact, that is a hypothetical.

    here is a fact, government involvement in the free market hinders competition and stalls real economic growth.

    economics 101

    Take your silly theories to the politics board. Government has been involved in commerce since the Phoenicians.

    Economics IS politics. Political Science 101.

    There has never been a debate that FDR is one of the best 3 Presidents in history:

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Historical_rankings_of_United_States_Presidents

  • The Cysko KidT The Cysko Kid wrote on last edited by
    #28

    The new deal was pretty divisive. Good thing for him that world war 2 happened. Now he's cemented into the top 3 for pretty much good. He was elected for four terms so somebody liked him.

  • S SnugglyBottoms wrote on last edited by
    #29
  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #30

    @snugglybottoms said:

    http://the-thought-that-counts.blogspot.com/2012/01/why-fdr-was-americas-worst-president.html

    pretty much sums up my thoughts on fdr

    All this proves is that any dumbass with a computer can write any bullshit he wants.

    No credible historian in this nation or abroad would ever...ever say anything but that FDR was one of the greatest Presidents in history.

  • ComeonmanC Comeonman wrote on last edited by
    #31

    Mr. Gipson you are one crazy bastard when it comes to politics, as are a lot people on this board. All your browns opinions are decent though. Guess I just need to stop reading political comments when I get on here

  • VaporTrailV VaporTrail wrote on last edited by
    #32

    Gipper, you were kinda just asking for things to go this way when you threw that question in there.

  • Mr. Gipson you are one crazy bastard when it comes to politics, as are a lot people on this board. All your browns opinions are decent though. Guess I just need to stop reading political comments when I get on here

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #33

    @comeonman said:

    Mr. Gipson you are one crazy bastard when it comes to politics, as are a lot people on this board. All your browns opinions are decent though. Guess I just need to stop reading political comments when I get on here

    What I am is a person with a political science degree, a law degree, a background of both elective and appointed government offices, and over 30 years in private business, and over 20 years of being involved in community development programs.

    I am an person with immense experience in government, business, and history.

    I did not get my governmental/business/political/economics/historical qualifications by listening to a bunch of disc jockeys on talk radio. I got it from being there and doing it.

  • Gipper, you were kinda just asking for things to go this way when you threw that question in there.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #34

    @vaportrail said:

    Gipper, you were kinda just asking for things to go this way when you threw that question in there.

    No, my fault was in not realizing the potential for idiocy that some people are capable of. So, in that respect, maybe I did.

  • ComeonmanC Comeonman wrote on last edited by
    #35

    Political science and law degrees. Like I said, I just need to stay away from the political comments on the board

  • Political science and law degrees. Like I said, I just need to stay away from the political comments on the board

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #36

    @comeonman said:

    Political science and law degrees. Like I said, I just need to stay away from the political comments on the board

    There are 7 questions in this survey...half of them about football. I see that you didn't really bother to answer any of them...not even the one historical question you make your comments about. You can avoid political comments by answering all those questions.

    (Others didn't rank FDR in their top 5. I have no problem with that...but to say he was our worst president is just ignorant of history.)

  • ComeonmanC Comeonman wrote on last edited by
    #37

    You are correct Gip. My favorite presidents were Washington: he was the man. Jefferson: probably the smartest, and warned Americans over two hundered years ago the dangers of government. He was the Nostradamus of politicians. Lincoln: took a horrible situation and made the best of it. JFK: with all his faults, he took the world off the brink of nuclear annihilation. Ronald Reagan : all people, let alone presidents need those kind of balls