Michael Lombardi
-
92.3 the fan is reporting that they have it on good authority Heckert is out and Lombardi is in...thoughts?
92.3 the fan is reporting that they have it on good authority Heckert is out and Lombardi is in...thoughts?
And Jimmy Haslam was going to give John Gruden 10% of the Browns to coach Tennessee. Rumors.
-
I didn't say it was fact, gip, but they are reporting it.
-
I want Heckert to stay. He has done a good job bringing talent to this team.
-
I didn't say it was fact, gip, but they are reporting it.
I didn't say it was fact, gip, but they are reporting it.
Bottom line: He was a failure here once....and basically alienated the fan base. Why on earth should Banner/Haslam expect us to swallow his bullshit once again?
His track record is piss poor. He was here from 1987 to 1995....and oversaw the complete deterioration of the team from Championship caliber to nothingness (with help from Belichick)
Then he went to the Raiders from 1999 to 2007. Again, during his tenure there that team went from a roster full of championship quality players to a pile of dog shit.
He has been a sports writer and broadcaster for 5 years now. OK, some guys do learn and improve after doing a stint like that. This guy would HAVE to do that to keep from being tarred and feathered.
-
Why not just keep Heckert? I like the way most of Heckert's picks have gone.
I'm having a tough time understanding why Banner and Heckert can't just talk things over, whatever problems they may have.
-
I will be upset if Heckert leaves. I think he has drafted well. The only thing I don't like is that he hates free agency. But I'll be infinitely more upset if we get Lombardi. Anyone that ran the Raiders has to be garbage. He left in 07. Did he make the Jamarcus Russell pick? If so, do we really want that guy on our side? The guy that passed on Megatron, Peterson, Joe Thomas, Patrick Willis, Revis, and more for Jamarcus Russell. Fuck that guy.
-
Mike Lombardi is a back stabbing tool. If Haslam hires this prick Im completely done supporting this franchise..Call Me a fair weather fan if you want to,but I cannot accept garbage especially for a douche that uses a Magic box to grade and evaluate talent. This guy is a bum and not just a bum but a scheming prick on top..If they infact hire this asshole. Then football in Cleveland is dead. Pack up the moving trucks and take the fucker away...Ive watched enough bad football.
-
He does have a Browns history as he was part of Belichecks staff in the 90's and we were building a very very good team with that staff back then that got derailed by Modell.
I listen to interviews with him all the time and I think he has a pretty good grasp of what's going on in the league and has made it no secret that he wants to get back to working for an NFL team.
He does have a Browns history as he was part of Belichecks staff in the 90's and we were building a very very good team with that staff back then that got derailed by Modell.
I listen to interviews with him all the time and I think he has a pretty good grasp of what's going on in the league and has made it no secret that he wants to get back to working for an NFL team.
My thinking is this.....if he is sooooooooooooo good, why hasn't Belicheck hired him in Bill's 15 years in NE?
-
Lombardi is crap, if Haslam and Banner think Lombardi is a credible GM then we are doomed.
-
He does have a Browns history as he was part of Belichecks staff in the 90's and we were building a very very good team with that staff back then that got derailed by Modell.
I listen to interviews with him all the time and I think he has a pretty good grasp of what's going on in the league and has made it no secret that he wants to get back to working for an NFL team.
My thinking is this.....if he is sooooooooooooo good, why hasn't Belicheck hired him in Bill's 15 years in NE?
My thinking is this.....if he is sooooooooooooo good, why hasn't Belicheck hired him in Bill's 15 years in NE?
Very fair point...
-
I have it under good authority that this rumor is bullshit.
-
-
Me too
If they want to replce Heckert, then get someone BETTER. Not a guy that hasn't had a gm job in years
Not only that, but was terrible at that job when he had it.
-
Me too
If they want to replce Heckert, then get someone BETTER. Not a guy that hasn't had a gm job in years
Not only that, but was terrible at that job when he had it.
-
If you don't agree with this POSSIBLE hire let the Browns know. Call them or voice you
opinion on [email protected]
-
Mike Lombardi is a back stabbing tool. If Haslam hires this prick Im completely done supporting this franchise..Call Me a fair weather fan if you want to,but I cannot accept garbage especially for a douche that uses a Magic box to grade and evaluate talent. This guy is a bum and not just a bum but a scheming prick on top..If they infact hire this asshole. Then football in Cleveland is dead. Pack up the moving trucks and take the fucker away...Ive watched enough bad football.
That's a bit much, I guess the gunshots in EC have you on edge.Mike Lombardi is a back stabbing tool. If Haslam hires this prick Im completely done supporting this franchise..Call Me a fair weather fan if you want to,but I cannot accept garbage especially for a douche that uses a Magic box to grade and evaluate talent. This guy is a bum and not just a bum but a scheming prick on top..If they infact hire this asshole. Then football in Cleveland is dead. Pack up the moving trucks and take the fucker away...Ive watched enough bad football.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login