Skip to content

Browns Gm And Coaching Jobs Will Be Highly Desirable

The Browns Board
24 16 1.1k
  • Anyway back on topic, I read this article. Maybe a little bias, but I agree. This is what most of us have been saying as far as young talent. This is why we overtake the north, young talent instead of old. I don't know if jimmy cleans out the FO, but if he does I do hope the jobs are as inticing to good leaders. And if Heckert was responsible for all the draft decisions, KEEP HIS ASS

  • Now that big fat Mike is no longer pulling the puppet strings let see what Pat can do ,he has shown to at least have a pulse the last two weeks and unbelievably the team seems to be playing hard for him.

    One thing for sure I don't want another wasted season just because the players like him or just because the fans like him, the way fuck face did with Mangini...If Banners mind is made up...out the door you go

    As for Heckert, we'll see what a little bonding time between Banner and Heckert brings

  • I believe this because of my bias. But I doubt NFL.com recognizes this. Is this for real?

    Link me M Dawg.

    @hunt-daddy said:

    I believe this because of my bias. But I doubt NFL.com recognizes this. Is this for real?

    Link me M Dawg.

    The link didn't show up on my mobile, so please ignore this post.

  • marvin lewis is in his 10th season. 3 playoff games and 0-3

    Gary Kubiak is in his 7th season and is 0-1 in the playoffs.

    GREAT, Consistecny is what we need

    I want better

  • marvin lewis is in his 10th season. 3 playoff games and 0-3

    Gary Kubiak is in his 7th season and is 0-1 in the playoffs.

    GREAT, Consistecny is what we need

    I want better

    @browns149 said:

    marvin lewis is in his 10th season. 3 playoff games and 0-3

    Gary Kubiak is in his 7th season and is 0-1 in the playoffs.

    GREAT, Consistecny is what we need

    I want better

    Actually the Texans beat he Bengals in the playoffs last year

  • @mdmusch said:

    Shurmur has single-handedly lost more games than he has won simply due to his playcalling... The guy needs to go.

    If the Browns finish strong the last 4 games, I am for giving Shurmur one more season. We will never have stability if we axe coaches after 2 seasons constantly. The texans and Bengals both stuck with their coaches, those guys would have never survived here in Cleveland because we throw coaches out the door way too soon. I am not saying Shurmur has been great but he is learning the position too and it "seems" everyone is on the same page now. If we are 6-10 or better I think he should probably get another yr.

    @runyon27 said:

    If the Browns finish strong the last 4 games, I am for giving Shurmur one more season. We will never have stability if we axe coaches after 2 seasons constantly. The texans and Bengals both stuck with their coaches, those guys would have never survived here in Cleveland because we throw coaches out the door way too soon. I am not saying Shurmur has been great but he is learning the position too and it "seems" everyone is on the same page now. If we are 6-10 or better I think he should probably get another yr.

    A little insight from Bungle-land. Marvin Lewis is NOT a great coach, although I'd take him over Shurmur in a heartbeat. He's still around because he's willing to work cheap, and Mikey Brown sticks with bum coaches WAY too long. Dave Shula anyone?

    BTW, all Shur-loss has to do is go 10-23 over his next 33 games to beat Shula's NFL record of fastest bum coach to 50 losses. 🙂

  • Who do you realistically see coming here? We have talent here. But this team is firing coaches left and right. We need to have some sorta consistency in the coaching staffs or coaches will fear that coming here will be suicide because they won't be allowed to have a bad season.

  • This is exactly why we need to keep Heckert. He has loaded our roster with talent. For the longest time I thought we should get rid of Shurmur but I think I am willing to give him another year as HC. I loved his playcalling versus the Raiders with the exception of the deep pass that got intercepted on 3rd and 2 which is partially his fault (for the play call) and Weeden's (for making the throw). Hopefully his improvement in playcalling is not a fluke and we will see some more of it this weekend against Kansas City.

    @sheepdog said:

    This is exactly why we need to keep Heckert. He has loaded our roster with talent. For the longest time I thought we should get rid of Shurmur but I think I am willing to give him another year as HC. I loved his playcalling versus the Raiders with the exception of the deep pass that got intercepted on 3rd and 2 which is partially his fault (for the play call) and Weeden's (for making the throw). Hopefully his improvement in playcalling is not a fluke and we will see some more of it this weekend against Kansas City.

    That pass was sorely under thrown by Weeden. A little more on it and that is a very catchable ball. Looked like Weeds tried to throw a nice touch ball with a little too much touch. O well. I don't mind the call because it's not the typical in between the tackles run up the middle.

  • The article:

    Whoever's running the Browns next year will have a roster with serious potential. Nine skill guys touched the ball for Cleveland last Sunday. Seven of them were 26 or younger. Five were 24 or younger. And Sunday's stars, receiver Josh Gordon and running back Trent Richardson, are 21 and 22, respectively. The offensive line is anchored by 28-year-old Joe Thomas and 27-year-old Alex Mack. And the defense has building blocks like cornerback Joe Haden (23), tackle Phil Taylor (24), safety T.J. Ward (25), tackle Ahtyba Rubin (26) and end Jabaal Sheard (23). Maybe it's not a Super Bowl team in the making, but add all this to what could be a top-10 pick in 2013 and the coaching and GM jobs in Cleveland look a lot more attractive. The past four years have been disjointed for the Browns, but as it turns out, former coach Eric Mangini and current coach Pat Shurmur and GM Tom Heckert did a pretty good job laying a foundation here. Someone could reap the rewards, particularly if rookie Brandon Weeden really is the answer under center.

  • @sheepdog said:

    This is exactly why we need to keep Heckert. He has loaded our roster with talent. For the longest time I thought we should get rid of Shurmur but I think I am willing to give him another year as HC. I loved his playcalling versus the Raiders with the exception of the deep pass that got intercepted on 3rd and 2 which is partially his fault (for the play call) and Weeden's (for making the throw). Hopefully his improvement in playcalling is not a fluke and we will see some more of it this weekend against Kansas City.

    That pass was sorely under thrown by Weeden. A little more on it and that is a very catchable ball. Looked like Weeds tried to throw a nice touch ball with a little too much touch. O well. I don't mind the call because it's not the typical in between the tackles run up the middle.

    @brownskidd said:

    That pass was sorely under thrown by Weeden. A little more on it and that is a very catchable ball. Looked like Weeds tried to throw a nice touch ball with a little too much touch. O well. I don't mind the call because it's not the typical in between the tackles run up the middle.

    Well, I think we need to give Weeden a break. From what I saw he was being hit as he released that ball and that is why it ended up short.

  • Who do you realistically see coming here? We have talent here. But this team is firing coaches left and right. We need to have some sorta consistency in the coaching staffs or coaches will fear that coming here will be suicide because they won't be allowed to have a bad season.

    @hate said:

    Who do you realistically see coming here? We have talent here. But this team is firing coaches left and right. We need to have some sorta consistency in the coaching staffs or coaches will fear that coming here will be suicide because they won't be allowed to have a bad season.

    That was under Lerner's regime. Now he's gone.

  • @browns149 said:

    marvin lewis is in his 10th season. 3 playoff games and 0-3

    Gary Kubiak is in his 7th season and is 0-1 in the playoffs.

    GREAT, Consistecny is what we need

    I want better

    Actually the Texans beat he Bengals in the playoffs last year

    @brownb499 said:

    Actually the Texans beat he Bengals in the playoffs last year

    1-1 in the playoffs in 7 years is not good enough

  • Does anyone feel like Holmgrenn, Heckert, & Shurmur were coasting when Lerner was here because Lerner didn't put any pressure on them to win? Maybe Shurmur does do better with pressure, who knows. That would show at least one good quality.

  • Does anyone feel like Holmgrenn, Heckert, & Shurmur were coasting when Lerner was here because Lerner didn't put any pressure on them to win? Maybe Shurmur does do better with pressure, who knows. That would show at least one good quality.

    @dab7291993 said:

    Does anyone feel like Holmgrenn, Heckert, & Shurmur were coasting when Lerner was here because Lerner didn't put any pressure on them to win? Maybe Shurmur does do better with pressure, who knows. That would show at least one good quality.

    Interesting theory....and plausible. The Walrus seemed to be acting like the Walrus in Alice in Wonderland....with Randy Lerner playing the part of the Oysters.

  • @hate said:

    Who do you realistically see coming here? We have talent here. But this team is firing coaches left and right. We need to have some sorta consistency in the coaching staffs or coaches will fear that coming here will be suicide because they won't be allowed to have a bad season.

    That was under Lerner's regime. Now he's gone.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    That was under Lerner's regime. Now he's gone.

    Banner is on record he wants "stability". The question will be if they think Shurmur has the potential to be a great coach. If not, the stability happens after they flush out all the personnel they think is holding the team back. Just MHO, but Shurmur's style doesn't look like the kind of coach Jimmy H wants.