Skip to content

I'm Actually Rooting For Shurmur To Keep His Job

The Browns Board
42 21 2.3k
  • as you state. "we could be 8-4" well we are 4-8. THat right there should be enough reason to get rid of him

    VaporTrailV VaporTrail wrote on last edited by
    #26

    @browns149 said:

    as you state. "we could be 8-4" well we are 4-8. THat right there should be enough reason to get rid of him

    but they battle

  • VaporTrailV VaporTrail wrote on last edited by VaporTrail
    #27

    I'm just a ball of emotion right now.

  • The Cysko KidT The Cysko Kid wrote on last edited by
    #28

    Shurmurs playcalling has been very good today.

  • jrb12711J jrb12711 wrote on last edited by
    #29

    The next three weeks are going to determine if Shurmer keeps his job or not. I'll give Shurmer credit: The past two weeks the play calling has been 100x better and we're scoring points. But you can't argue that this year it's pretty easy to look good against the Chiefs and Raiders. Also, although he's looked good recently he's also the reason we've lost at least 3-4 games. Imagine if we take say that Colts game, with the steelers soon to be loss today we're one game out of the playoffs. A win over the fat bastard Crennel doesn't make me think he's coach of the year material.

    He has three games to prove if he can keep up with the big boys. If he goes 2-1 or 3-0, I'll do a 180 and say he should keep his job.

  • The Cysko KidT The Cysko Kid wrote on last edited by The Cysko Kid
    #30

    I hope Jimmy has put the fear in him so that he'll play aggressive. He had some really interesting plays today.

    Edit - interesting in a good way. Finally.

  • I hope Jimmy has put the fear in him so that he'll play aggressive. He had some really interesting plays today.

    Edit - interesting in a good way. Finally.

    DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
    #31

    @the-cysko-kid said:

    I hope Jimmy has put the fear in him so that he'll play aggressive. He had some really interesting plays today.

    I agree. I think he realizes that his job is on the line and is going balls to the walls with plays. Hope he keeps it up.

  • VaporTrailV VaporTrail wrote on last edited by
    #32

    BROWNS SCORE 30 UNANSWERED POINTS IN A WIN OVER THE KANSAS CITY OLD BROWNS! BALTIMORE OLDER BROWNS LOSE! STEELERS LOSE! BENGALS LOSE! BILLS LOSE!

    BELIEVELAND

    PLAYOFFS HERE WE COME

  • miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #33

    @king-ghoolie-lives said:

    Bill Cowher was the greatest coach in my lifetime. Bar None.

    seen cbs nfl game coverage lately with cowher on it? he looks like an old balding penis with wavy hair (waving goodbye) and dandruff flying off it's head sittin on a stool choking on a cunt hair with nothing to say.

    flash-in-the-pan beotche.

    fuck that N word.

  • VaporTrailV VaporTrail wrote on last edited by VaporTrail
    #34

    Alright, I've settled down a bit, here are my thoughts.

    Pat Shurmur had everything to lose and little to gain this game. A team of our talent level went out, did what was expected of them, and put away the Chiefs. The Redskins are likely going to be without RG3, even so, Kirk Cousins looked great when he came off the bench. He still needs no less than two wins to keep his job. One of those wins needs to be a convincing smash em in the mouth victory over Consentlessburger or Manning. Nothing less will do, and even if all of the above occurs, if he does lose, it needs to be an extremely close game. I can't believe we're still in the playoff hunt.

    Also, anyone selling tickets for the Redskins game?

  • @king-ghoolie-lives said:

    Bill Cowher was the greatest coach in my lifetime. Bar None.

    seen cbs nfl game coverage lately with cowher on it? he looks like an old balding penis with wavy hair (waving goodbye) and dandruff flying off it's head sittin on a stool choking on a cunt hair with nothing to say.

    flash-in-the-pan beotche.

    fuck that N word.

    DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
    #35

    @miktoxic said:

    seen cbs nfl game coverage lately with cowher on it? he looks like an old balding penis with wavy hair (waving goodbye) and dandruff flying off it's head sittin on a stool choking on a cunt hair with nothing to say.

    flash-in-the-pan beotche.

    fuck that N word.

    Who gives a fuck? What do you look like at 50 plus? Give me a fucking break.

  • K kvozel wrote on last edited by
    #36

    @king-ghoolie-lives said:

    Vaps, look bro, I am not an NFL executive nor a team owner, but that doesn't mean I don't know a thing or two. I have been blessed in my life to have hired a bunch of people, even a few entry level executives. I can only tell you what I know about men and job performance.

    I always hire people who share the values I hold teh most strongly. IN my case that would be individuality, fealesness about going against popular opinion, enduring self-sacrifice if it meant doing the right thing. I hired people who vomit at the thought of losing, and who love crushing eh competition. I believe in hard work, guns, low taxes and self determination.

    Non of that shit shows on an interview or an application.

    Haslam needs to hire someone who shares whatever it was that made him successful. If he doesn't, the HC, regardless of his past resume, will not succeed.

    We always use Cowher in discussions and for good reason. He was ALL about values and personal integrity. He had no resume that made him a leading HC candidate, and it wasn't only Modell who looked past him. Rooney hired Cowher because of his fiber, his drive, his character....... his resume didn't mean shit.

    Of the potential known entities, the only guy I would even interview is whats his name at Philly.......... IF he gets fired. The rest of the NFL guys are reconstituted douche bags.

    The right guy? He isn't even on our Radar right now, and he may not be on Haslams.

    I can tell you that whoever the right guy is? He has a huge chip on his shoulder, and dreams of stuffing his first down the throats of every other NFL coach. He is a guy who wants to prove to his Dad, or wif, oe kids that HE IS a champion.

    Bill Cowher was the greatest coach in my lifetime. Bar None. Haslam needs to find a blazing comet tail of passion and drive. He needs to hire a guy huge on self-belief and little on known performance.

    I guarantee you, if he interviews with a wide eyed view, he will find such a guy.

    It ain't Shurmur, bro. YOu know itisn't and so do the rest of us.

    Wow.... What a great synopsis. You nailed it Ghoolie.

  • K KYBROWNSFAN wrote on last edited by
    #37

    Sure seem odd that cowher has been saying nice things about the browns the last three weeks.iF Shrrmer is fired I sure hope we don't get Andy Reid he suck,with all the talent he's had he has never won nothing.I pray NO Reid.

  • Sure seem odd that cowher has been saying nice things about the browns the last three weeks.iF Shrrmer is fired I sure hope we don't get Andy Reid he suck,with all the talent he's had he has never won nothing.I pray NO Reid.

    B bringbackbrownie2 wrote on last edited by
    #38

    @kybrownsfan said:

    Sure seem odd that cowher has been saying nice things about the browns the last three weeks.iF Shrrmer is fired I sure hope we don't get Andy Reid he suck,with all the talent he's had he has never won nothing.I pray NO Reid.

    One could argue that Cowher underperformed with some of the talent he had on his teams just like Andy Reid. If Reid had won that Super Bowl over the Patriots would we even be having this discussion? It's amazing what 1 game can do to sway perception..

  • @miktoxic said:

    seen cbs nfl game coverage lately with cowher on it? he looks like an old balding penis with wavy hair (waving goodbye) and dandruff flying off it's head sittin on a stool choking on a cunt hair with nothing to say.

    flash-in-the-pan beotche.

    fuck that N word.

    Who gives a fuck? What do you look like at 50 plus? Give me a fucking break.

    miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #39

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Who gives a fuck? What do you look like at 50 plus? Give me a fucking break.

    wow. sorry sarge. didn't know he was related.

  • GipsG Gips wrote on last edited by
    #40

    The problem i have with shurmur isnt what he is doing at 5-8 but what he would do at 8-5 with the playoffs on the line..

    The guy takes no chances and playoff caliber teams have to be willing to push things..

    A re-hired pat shurmur would be more conservative than he already is in a season with absolutely nothing to lose, a situation which is unacceptable imho..

    I will say the past few weeks the browns coaching staff has done a far better job all the way around but nevertheless shurmurs over conservative tendencies in tough situations cannot be ignored..

  • The problem i have with shurmur isnt what he is doing at 5-8 but what he would do at 8-5 with the playoffs on the line..

    The guy takes no chances and playoff caliber teams have to be willing to push things..

    A re-hired pat shurmur would be more conservative than he already is in a season with absolutely nothing to lose, a situation which is unacceptable imho..

    I will say the past few weeks the browns coaching staff has done a far better job all the way around but nevertheless shurmurs over conservative tendencies in tough situations cannot be ignored..

    BrownsKiddB BrownsKidd wrote on last edited by
    #41

    @gips said:

    The problem i have with shurmur isnt what he is doing at 5-8 but what he would do at 8-5 with the playoffs on the line..

    The guy takes no chances and playoff caliber teams have to be willing to push things..

    A re-hired pat shurmur would be more conservative than he already is in a season with absolutely nothing to lose, a situation which is unacceptable imho..

    I will say the past few weeks the browns coaching staff has done a far better job all the way around but nevertheless shurmurs over conservative tendencies in tough situations cannot be ignored..

    This is my biggest concern as well. We have had to many games where our win or lose was by to narrow a margin. He's been way to conservative. Perhaps he's been watching game film (hopefully) and is seeing that in himself, thus the change. I just don't know if it's enough change to keep or want to keep him around.

  • BadNewsBrownsB BadNewsBrowns wrote on last edited by
    #42

    As much as most of us bash Shurmur when he's been bad you got to give him credit, he's been pretty damn solid the past few games.

    It's week 15 the players are still playing hard for him and we are actually in the playoff hunt?

    Let's enjoy it.