Skip to content

Senior Bowl

The Browns Board
109 8 4.7k
  • ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by
    #74

    @shepwrite said:

    We will not draft a nose tackle or an offensive tackle because of a guy named Joe and a guy named Shaun. No chance. No way, no how. Too many needs to start piling cap dollars in small areas like that.

    If there were zero linebackers, running backs, and safeties, if they all went to the island from "Lost," then we could talk.

    Unlike you, I am not predicting anything and everything, and if you think DE and OT are small areas, you don't know much about football.

  • W WPB Dawg Fan wrote on last edited by
    #75

    @shepwrite said:

    Hey, John, you mentioned Jasper Brinkley. Isn't he the MASSIVE ILB? What do you know about him and where is he expected to go?

    Yeah, I have been on him for a while...I think his downslide is mostly due to an injury late last year.

    6'2" 269 lbs

    4.74 40

    2nd Team SEC

    right now he is a 6th through FA type player...probably 6th or 7th unless his workouts are monster.

  • ? Aloysius wrote on last edited by
    #76

    Brinkley wasn't very impressive in the Shrine Game practices. Slow recognition skills could be his downfall.

    One thing he's got over Maualuga: he's a chiseled 6'2", 262 lbs. Very low body fat.

  • ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by
    #77

    Jasper is a good player...I worry about his speed a bit..big hitter though

  • Jasper is a good player...I worry about his speed a bit..big hitter though

    ? Aloysius wrote on last edited by
    #78

    @ballpeen said:

    Jasper is a good player...I worry about his speed a bit..big hitter though

    I think part of the reason why I'm not high on Brinkley is because Eric Norwood was the SC linebacker I wanted. Of the two, Norwood's the much better player.

  • @ballpeen said:

    Jasper is a good player...I worry about his speed a bit..big hitter though

    I think part of the reason why I'm not high on Brinkley is because Eric Norwood was the SC linebacker I wanted. Of the two, Norwood's the much better player.

    J JewDago wrote on last edited by JewDago
    #79

    Aloysius said:

    I think part of the reason why I'm not high on Brinkley is because Eric Norwood was the SC linebacker I wanted. Of the two, Norwood's the much better player.

    though norwood's the better player and can play all the time, do you not think that brinkley can be a good situational guy?

    because his size is daunting.

  • ? Aloysius wrote on last edited by
    #80

    I could see him being an asset in goal line situations, kind of like what the Chargers do with Brandon Siler.

    But I wonder how much better he'll be in those situations than a healthy Beau Bell. He's certainly bigger, but I don't know how much better a run-stuffer he is.

  • J JewDago wrote on last edited by JewDago
    #81

    rey's looked really good as an edge rusher today. he's beaten TEs regularly to both the outside and inside.

    he's using an inside rip move that he sets up with an initial outside rush with incredibly effectiveness. he's made it look easy at least twice in a row.

  • J JewDago wrote on last edited by
    #82

    chip vaughn looked good in coverage. he read the receiver and stuck his hands out to break up a pass without making too much contact.

  • J JewDago wrote on last edited by
    #83

    alphonso smith made a great play to pick off a pass in one on ones. his coverage in the fist place was exceptional, then he tipped the ball to himself and came down with it against a taller receiver.

  • ? mz. wrote on last edited by
    #84
    WILLIAM MOORE

    Safety, Missouri

    “(He) probably is my most disappointing player,” Mayock said. “After his junior year I thought he might be a top-20 pick. He came back for his senior year and he did not play well. He fought through some injuries. It looks to me that he might be more of a linebacker than a safety. He’s not coming out of his breaks. He doesn’t run well. There is a buzz around here that he might be a linebacker.”

    via here.

    The Panthers' Thomas Davis made the transition quite successfully. Could Moore play ILB for us?

  • J JewDago wrote on last edited by
    #85

    usc's patrick turner just torched alphonso smith with a stutter step. absolutely froze him. turner dropped a pass that hit him in the hands earlier during practice, though.

  • J JewDago wrote on last edited by
    #86

    they didn't show all of the 9 on 7, but mayock said that maualuga's been great during it today. 'shot out of a cannon' was what he said about him.

    the offense handily won the three runs that they actually showed.

  • ? Aloysius wrote on last edited by
    #87

    Thanks for summarizing what's going on, JD. I'm on a phone call & can't pay attention to what's going on.

    Keep it coming.

  • Thanks for summarizing what's going on, JD. I'm on a phone call & can't pay attention to what's going on.

    Keep it coming.

    ? mz. wrote on last edited by
    #88

    Aloysius said:

    I'm on a phone call & can't pay attention to what's going on.

    Alo, can you please not let your job interfere with our Senior Bowl coverage?

  • J JewDago wrote on last edited by
    #89

    @ mz the pussy: normally, guys who transition from S to LB are limited to playing for 4-3 or cover 2 teams because they can't add the bulk necessary to be big enough for the 3-4. he'd have to add at least 15 pounds of muscle at the very least, more like 25 to get up to 255, and learn a completely new position. at least a WLB in the 4-3 has similar duties to a safety; stop the run, cover a RB. 3-4 WLBs have to blitz a lot more.

  • Aloysius said:

    I'm on a phone call & can't pay attention to what's going on.

    Alo, can you please not let your job interfere with our Senior Bowl coverage?

    ? Aloysius wrote on last edited by
    #90

    mz. said:

    Alo, can you please not let your job interfere with our Senior Bowl coverage?

    😆

  • J JewDago wrote on last edited by JewDago
    #91

    georgia's DE, #90, whose name i forget, has looked good in consecutive one on ones, once with a bull rush and the other time with an inside rip.

    it's irvin. and he looked good again later.

  • J JewDago wrote on last edited by JewDago
    #92

    fili maola first got handled then came back and pushed his o-lineman back into the QB.

    clay matthews just destroyed michael oher with a bull rush and then got tackled by him when he spun to the inside. two great wins for matthews.

  • J JewDago wrote on last edited by
    #93

    veikune from hawaii has looked great today. fast, good explosion to the outside and the strength to push tackles back once he's locked up.