Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. The Browns Board
  3. The Browns Are 5-8!

The Browns Are 5-8!

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved The Browns Board
9 Posts 8 Posters 662 Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • Frenchie F Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
    • 605 Posts
    • 77 Reputation
    F Frenchie wrote on last edited by Frenchie
    #1

    I know we're all celebrating a great victory and three-in-a-row but it just hit me. We are an interception that passed through a linebackers hands in the final seconds (Philadelphia), a dropped TD pass in the sun (Indianapolis) and an overtime loss (Dallas) from being 8-5. I'm happy about today and excited for the future, but what a shame, this could have been a playoff year. Game of inches, I guess. Oh we'll, Go Browns! I would love to see them run the table and end up 8-8. We're starting to see some confidence building and I'm loving so many pieces of this team. Just think about injuries to Taylor, Patterson, And the loss of two starting LB's on D. Thankfully O has been better with only LG and TE being hurt. Makes you think - doesn't it?

    Browns149B T ballpeenB 3 Replies Last reply
    Quote Reply
    • F Frenchie

      I know we're all celebrating a great victory and three-in-a-row but it just hit me. We are an interception that passed through a linebackers hands in the final seconds (Philadelphia), a dropped TD pass in the sun (Indianapolis) and an overtime loss (Dallas) from being 8-5. I'm happy about today and excited for the future, but what a shame, this could have been a playoff year. Game of inches, I guess. Oh we'll, Go Browns! I would love to see them run the table and end up 8-8. We're starting to see some confidence building and I'm loving so many pieces of this team. Just think about injuries to Taylor, Patterson, And the loss of two starting LB's on D. Thankfully O has been better with only LG and TE being hurt. Makes you think - doesn't it?

      Browns149 Browns149B Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
      • 10k Posts
      • 2k Reputation
      Browns149B Browns149 wrote on last edited by
      #2

      @frenchie said:

      I know we're all celebrating a great victory and three-in-a-row but it just hit me. We are an interception that passed through a linebackers hands in the final seconds (Philadelphia), a dropped TD pass in the sun (Indianapolis) and an overtime loss (Dallas) from being 8-5. I'm happy about today and excited for the future, but what a shame, this could have been a playoff year. Game of inches, I guess. Oh we'll, Go Browns! I would love to see them run the table and end up 8-8. We're starting to see some confidence building and I'm loving so many pieces of this team. Just think about injuries to Taylor, Patterson, And the loss of two starting LB's on D. Thankfully O has been better with only LG and TE being hurt. Makes you think - doesn't it?

      My thinking is Randy Lerner should've hired a Pres/GM with a 3 year plan..........not Holmgren with hs 5 year plan

      "And they don't really know even what they're talkin' about And I can't imagine what empty heads can achieve."
      1 Reply Last reply
      Quote Reply
      • F Frenchie

        I know we're all celebrating a great victory and three-in-a-row but it just hit me. We are an interception that passed through a linebackers hands in the final seconds (Philadelphia), a dropped TD pass in the sun (Indianapolis) and an overtime loss (Dallas) from being 8-5. I'm happy about today and excited for the future, but what a shame, this could have been a playoff year. Game of inches, I guess. Oh we'll, Go Browns! I would love to see them run the table and end up 8-8. We're starting to see some confidence building and I'm loving so many pieces of this team. Just think about injuries to Taylor, Patterson, And the loss of two starting LB's on D. Thankfully O has been better with only LG and TE being hurt. Makes you think - doesn't it?

        The Cysko Kid T Conversation Starter Reacting Well Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Week One Done One Month Later One Year In
        • 15k Posts
        • 2k Reputation
        T The Cysko Kid wrote on last edited by
        #3

        @frenchie said:

        I know we're all celebrating a great victory and three-in-a-row but it just hit me. We are an interception that passed through a linebackers hands in the final seconds (Philadelphia), a dropped TD pass in the sun (Indianapolis) and an overtime loss (Dallas) from being 8-5. I'm happy about today and excited for the future, but what a shame, this could have been a playoff year. Game of inches, I guess. Oh we'll, Go Browns! I would love to see them run the table and end up 8-8. We're starting to see some confidence building and I'm loving so many pieces of this team. Just think about injuries to Taylor, Patterson, And the loss of two starting LB's on D. Thankfully O has been better with only LG and TE being hurt. Makes you think - doesn't it?

        Yes there's a lot to be optimistic about right now. I think Haslem giving a shit will make all the difference in the world. It will be interesting to see what happens in the off-season as it seems Heckert has a lot of fan support and Shurmur is even gaining momentum.

        Early man walked away as modern man took control. Their minds weren't all the same and to conquer was their goal. So He built his great empires and he slaughtered his own kind, and he died a confused man and killed himself in his own mind...
        hoortaH W 2 Replies Last reply
        Quote Reply
        • T The Cysko Kid

          @frenchie said:

          I know we're all celebrating a great victory and three-in-a-row but it just hit me. We are an interception that passed through a linebackers hands in the final seconds (Philadelphia), a dropped TD pass in the sun (Indianapolis) and an overtime loss (Dallas) from being 8-5. I'm happy about today and excited for the future, but what a shame, this could have been a playoff year. Game of inches, I guess. Oh we'll, Go Browns! I would love to see them run the table and end up 8-8. We're starting to see some confidence building and I'm loving so many pieces of this team. Just think about injuries to Taylor, Patterson, And the loss of two starting LB's on D. Thankfully O has been better with only LG and TE being hurt. Makes you think - doesn't it?

          Yes there's a lot to be optimistic about right now. I think Haslem giving a shit will make all the difference in the world. It will be interesting to see what happens in the off-season as it seems Heckert has a lot of fan support and Shurmur is even gaining momentum.

          hoorta hoortaH Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
          • 20k Posts
          • 5k Reputation
          hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
          #4

          @the-cysko-kid said:

          Yes there's a lot to be optimistic about right now. I think Haslem giving a shit will make all the difference in the world. It will be interesting to see what happens in the off-season as it seems Heckert has a lot of fan support and Shurmur is even gaining momentum.

          Shurmur knows he's coaching for his job- the playcalling has been far more aggressive the last two weeks.

          GipsG 1 Reply Last reply
          Quote Reply
          • F Frenchie

            I know we're all celebrating a great victory and three-in-a-row but it just hit me. We are an interception that passed through a linebackers hands in the final seconds (Philadelphia), a dropped TD pass in the sun (Indianapolis) and an overtime loss (Dallas) from being 8-5. I'm happy about today and excited for the future, but what a shame, this could have been a playoff year. Game of inches, I guess. Oh we'll, Go Browns! I would love to see them run the table and end up 8-8. We're starting to see some confidence building and I'm loving so many pieces of this team. Just think about injuries to Taylor, Patterson, And the loss of two starting LB's on D. Thankfully O has been better with only LG and TE being hurt. Makes you think - doesn't it?

            ballpeen ballpeenB Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
            • 9k Posts
            • 2k Reputation
            ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by
            #5

            @frenchie said:

            I know we're all celebrating a great victory and three-in-a-row but it just hit me. We are an interception that passed through a linebackers hands in the final seconds (Philadelphia), a dropped TD pass in the sun (Indianapolis) and an overtime loss (Dallas) from being 8-5. I'm happy about today and excited for the future, but what a shame, this could have been a playoff year. Game of inches, I guess. Oh we'll, Go Browns! I would love to see them run the table and end up 8-8. We're starting to see some confidence building and I'm loving so many pieces of this team. Just think about injuries to Taylor, Patterson, And the loss of two starting LB's on D. Thankfully O has been better with only LG and TE being hurt. Makes you think - doesn't it?

            If you look at it from a glass half full standpoint, it gives one reason to believe we aren't far away and the future is bright.

            If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.
            CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFSC 1 Reply Last reply
            Quote Reply
            • ballpeenB ballpeen

              @frenchie said:

              I know we're all celebrating a great victory and three-in-a-row but it just hit me. We are an interception that passed through a linebackers hands in the final seconds (Philadelphia), a dropped TD pass in the sun (Indianapolis) and an overtime loss (Dallas) from being 8-5. I'm happy about today and excited for the future, but what a shame, this could have been a playoff year. Game of inches, I guess. Oh we'll, Go Browns! I would love to see them run the table and end up 8-8. We're starting to see some confidence building and I'm loving so many pieces of this team. Just think about injuries to Taylor, Patterson, And the loss of two starting LB's on D. Thankfully O has been better with only LG and TE being hurt. Makes you think - doesn't it?

              If you look at it from a glass half full standpoint, it gives one reason to believe we aren't far away and the future is bright.

              CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFSC Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
              • 2k Posts
              • 390 Reputation
              CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFSC CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS wrote on last edited by
              #6

              @ballpeen said:

              If you look at it from a glass half full standpoint, it gives one reason to believe we aren't far away and the future is bright.

              What other way are you looking at it?

              ballpeenB 1 Reply Last reply
              Quote Reply
              • CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFSC CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS

                @ballpeen said:

                If you look at it from a glass half full standpoint, it gives one reason to believe we aren't far away and the future is bright.

                What other way are you looking at it?

                ballpeen ballpeenB Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                • 9k Posts
                • 2k Reputation
                ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by
                #7

                @clevelandwantsplayoffs said:

                What other way are you looking at it?

                I am looking at it as I described it. He seems to be the one calling it the season that got away.

                I think it's a new era and the Browns are about to dominate our division.

                If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.
                1 Reply Last reply
                Quote Reply
                • hoortaH hoorta

                  @the-cysko-kid said:

                  Yes there's a lot to be optimistic about right now. I think Haslem giving a shit will make all the difference in the world. It will be interesting to see what happens in the off-season as it seems Heckert has a lot of fan support and Shurmur is even gaining momentum.

                  Shurmur knows he's coaching for his job- the playcalling has been far more aggressive the last two weeks.

                  Gips GipsG
                  • 3k Posts
                  • 34 Reputation
                  GipsG Gips wrote on last edited by Gips
                  #8

                  @hoorta said:

                  Shurmur knows he's coaching for his job- the playcalling has been far more aggressive the last two weeks.

                  And it is exactly this that scares me about pat shurmur..

                  If pat shurmur can guarantee moving forward that he will not roll over and kill the team with bad decisions and consistently over conservative playcalling especially when the game is on the line i could live with it..

                  I dont dislike shurmur like i disliked mangini, shurmur in his second year is far beyond mangini's capabilities even after 5 years experience and appears to be growing into the job unlike his predecessor whom was forever stuck in a dead end philosophy and a junior high school coaching mindset..

                  But i am nevertheless concerned about shurmurs over conservative tendencies and would hope haslam and joe blows banner are concerned as well..

                  I do believe that pat shurmur hasnt even came close to reaching his full potential as an HC and he at least seems like he is willing to do what it takes instead of being locked into one thing..

                  We have been rebuilding since 1964, Why stop now? GO BROWNS!
                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Quote Reply
                  • T The Cysko Kid

                    @frenchie said:

                    I know we're all celebrating a great victory and three-in-a-row but it just hit me. We are an interception that passed through a linebackers hands in the final seconds (Philadelphia), a dropped TD pass in the sun (Indianapolis) and an overtime loss (Dallas) from being 8-5. I'm happy about today and excited for the future, but what a shame, this could have been a playoff year. Game of inches, I guess. Oh we'll, Go Browns! I would love to see them run the table and end up 8-8. We're starting to see some confidence building and I'm loving so many pieces of this team. Just think about injuries to Taylor, Patterson, And the loss of two starting LB's on D. Thankfully O has been better with only LG and TE being hurt. Makes you think - doesn't it?

                    Yes there's a lot to be optimistic about right now. I think Haslem giving a shit will make all the difference in the world. It will be interesting to see what happens in the off-season as it seems Heckert has a lot of fan support and Shurmur is even gaining momentum.

                    Westside Steve W Dedicated Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Conversation Starter Week One Done One Year In One Month Later Very Popular
                    • 39k Posts
                    • 9k Reputation
                    W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by Westside Steve
                    #9

                    @the-cysko-kid said:

                    Yes there's a lot to be optimistic about right now. I think Haslem giving a shit will make all the difference in the world. It will be interesting to see what happens in the off-season as it seems Heckert has a lot of fan support and Shurmur is even gaining momentum.

                    I kind of fear the idea that Haslem giving a s*** will be bad for the progress of this team.

                    I believe our greatest detriment over the last decade or so has been impatience.

                    If, as it seems, the team is beginning to come in to their own then the huge change I'm sure this guy is planning will be a disappointment to everyone.

                    I'm not a fan of banner so far but I'm warming up to the idea that the team is improving.

                    Screw the Steelers screw the Eagles.

                    I don't know what more we could have asked from Randy Lerner. He spent money, listen to 2 people we all assumed had a great football knowledge and kept his nose out of the business.

                    Will we be better off with a guy who needs the money more than Randy and thinks he knows how to run a team?

                    I guess we'll find out after the season to see if he blows everything up yet again.

                    WSS

                    www.westsidesteve.com www.myspace.com/westsidestevemusic www.cdbaby.com/artist/westsidestevesimmons
                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Quote Reply

                    Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                    Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                    With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                    Register Login
                    Reply
                    • Reply as topic
                    Log in to reply
                    • Oldest to Newest
                    • Newest to Oldest
                    • Most Votes


                    Theme
                    • System
                    • Light
                    • Dark
                    The Browns Board Terms Privacy

                    The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

                    • First post
                      Last post
                    0
                    • Forums
                    • Recent
                    • Popular
                    • Users
                    • Donate