If The Playoffs Started Today After Week 14
-
If the playoffs started today, this is how things would shape up:
AFC
East: Patriots 10-3 have clinched division, would have #2 seed (but, own tie breaker with both Texans and Broncos
North: Ravens 9-4, have not clinched division, would be #4 seed
South: Texans 11-2,have not clinched division but still hold #1 seed
West: Broncos 10-3, clinched division, would hold #3 seed
Wildcards: Colts 9-4...have a good hold on first wildcard, but still have 2 games vs. Texans
Steelers 7-6....hold tiebreaker over Bengals
In the Hunt: Bengals 7-6. Jets 6-7. Bills/Dolphins/Browns/Charger still mathematically in at 5-8
NFC:
East: Giants 8-5 #4 seed
North: Packers 9-4 #3 seed
South: Falcons 11-2 #1 seed only team in NFC to have clinced a playoff birth
West: 49ers 9-3-1 #2 seed
Wildcards: Seahawks and Bears both 8-5
In the hunt: Redskins/Cowboys/Vikings each 7-6. Rams 6-6-1. Bucs still mathematically alive at 6-7.
-
"Race" for the overall #1 draft pick:
T#1&2: Chiefs/Jaguars both 2-11
#3: Raiders 3-10
T#4-#8: Cardinals/Panthers/Lions/Eagles/Titans all at 4-9
T##9-#13: Bills/Dolphins/Browns/Chargers/Saints all at 5-8
#14: Jets 6-7
#15 Rams 6-6-1
-
Critical games this week:
Bengals at Eagles....Bengals need win to keep up going into showdowns with Steelers/Ravens
Redskins at Browns...Skins 1 game behind in WC race. Browns need to keep slim hope alive.
Colts at Texans...Texans need to put the hammer down in the AFCS division race. If Colts win, Texans collars will get very tight. Even with loss, Colts still look good for WC spot.
Broncos at Ravens...a game for playoff seeding, and for Ravens to ward off division threats by Bengals/Steelers.
Vikings at Rams....loser probably falls out of any WC chance. Winner still alive.
Bucs at Saints....both have very slim WC chances. Loser done. Winner still a longshot
Giants at Falcons...Falcons need it to secure #1 seed. Giants need to hold off division challenges from Cowboys/Redskins...and for a playoff spot.
Packers at Bears....game for supremacy in NFC North....and for WC spot.
Seahawks at Bills...Seattle needs to secure WC spot. Bills done if they lose.
Panthers at Chargers....only the slimmest of hope left for Chargers. Need to keep any chance alive
Steelers at Cowboys....both vying for potential division and wild card spot. Loser will be hurt badly. Winner will still not have secured anything.
Jets at Titans....victory essential to preserve slim chances for Jets at WC.
-
To me (at week 14), it looks like the Patriots are a lock to represent the AFC in the Super Bowl again. Sad, I really hope another team can topple them.
I'm not sure about the NFC. I don't like the Falcons, though I think they'll win one play-off game this year. The 49'ers really don't match up well against GB or NYG. I'm not sure who the favorite is...but I'll pick GB.
Pats vs. Pack for Super Bowl 47.
-
To me (at week 14), it looks like the Patriots are a lock to represent the AFC in the Super Bowl again. Sad, I really hope another team can topple them.
I'm not sure about the NFC. I don't like the Falcons, though I think they'll win one play-off game this year. The 49'ers really don't match up well against GB or NYG. I'm not sure who the favorite is...but I'll pick GB.
Pats vs. Pack for Super Bowl 47.
Endymion said:
To me (at week 14), it looks like the Patriots are a lock to represent the AFC in the Super Bowl again. Sad, I really hope another team can topple them.
I'm not sure about the NFC. I don't like the Falcons, though I think they'll win one play-off game this year. The 49'ers really don't match up well against GB or NYG. I'm not sure who the favorite is...but I'll pick GB.
Pats vs. Pack for Super Bowl 47.
Sure, Pats look good....but then so did Packers last year, yet they lost their first game in postseason.
Getting the bye week and home field are still big advantages....and so far the Falcons and Texans hold those advantages. (but certainly those can be lost)
Broncos may actually be playing the best of all.
...and, believe it or not: beware the Seahawks.
-
Endymion said:
To me (at week 14), it looks like the Patriots are a lock to represent the AFC in the Super Bowl again. Sad, I really hope another team can topple them.
I'm not sure about the NFC. I don't like the Falcons, though I think they'll win one play-off game this year. The 49'ers really don't match up well against GB or NYG. I'm not sure who the favorite is...but I'll pick GB.
Pats vs. Pack for Super Bowl 47.
Sure, Pats look good....but then so did Packers last year, yet they lost their first game in postseason.
Getting the bye week and home field are still big advantages....and so far the Falcons and Texans hold those advantages. (but certainly those can be lost)
Broncos may actually be playing the best of all.
...and, believe it or not: beware the Seahawks.
Sure, Pats look good....but then so did Packers last year, yet they lost their first game in postseason.
Getting the bye week and home field are still big advantages....and so far the Falcons and Texans hold those advantages. (but certainly those can be lost)
Broncos may actually be playing the best of all.
...and, believe it or not: beware the Seahawks.
I would not consider Atlanta any sort of threat in the NFC. They haven't proven anything in the postseason.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login