Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. The Browns Board
  3. Whelp... Shurms Is Gone

Whelp... Shurms Is Gone

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved The Browns Board
99 Posts 46 Posters 8.8k Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • Smotage S
    • 7 Posts
    • 4 Reputation
    S Smotage wrote on last edited by
    #1

    Losing to Kirk Cousins in a must win game. 5-11 again, another losing season, and regression in all aspects of the game. I guess the Browns, a bad team, bought into the hype and laid an egg.

    B DieHardBrownsFanD 2 Replies Last reply
    Quote Reply
    • S Smotage

      Losing to Kirk Cousins in a must win game. 5-11 again, another losing season, and regression in all aspects of the game. I guess the Browns, a bad team, bought into the hype and laid an egg.

      bringbackbrownie2 B
      • 1k Posts
      • 118 Reputation
      B bringbackbrownie2 wrote on last edited by
      #2

      @smotage said:

      Losing to Kirk Cousins in a must win game. 5-11 again, another losing season, and regression in all aspects of the game. I guess the Browns, a bad team, bought into the hype and laid an egg.

      5-9 actually. Not sure how the browns lost 3 games today? Dumping Shurmur is a nice consolation prize though.

      1 Reply Last reply
      Quote Reply
      • BadNewsBrowns BadNewsBrownsB
        • 1k Posts
        • 97 Reputation
        BadNewsBrownsB BadNewsBrowns wrote on last edited by
        #3

        I'll be the first to shit on Shurmur, but if you are going to be objective about it - you cannot put this loss on him.

        Weeden kinda sucks.

        "All Truth Passes Through Three stages. First, It Is Ridiculed, Second It Is Violently Opposed, And Third, It Is Accepted As Self-Evident" ~Arthur Schopenhauer
        B jrb12711J 2 Replies Last reply
        Quote Reply
        • BadNewsBrownsB BadNewsBrowns

          I'll be the first to shit on Shurmur, but if you are going to be objective about it - you cannot put this loss on him.

          Weeden kinda sucks.

          bringbackbrownie2 B
          • 1k Posts
          • 118 Reputation
          B bringbackbrownie2 wrote on last edited by
          #4

          @badnewsbrowns said:

          I'll be the first to shit on Shurmur, but if you are going to be objective about it - you cannot put this loss on him.

          Weeden kinda sucks.

          Weeden definitely had a bad game.

          1 Reply Last reply
          Quote Reply
          • Browns149 Browns149B Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
            • 10k Posts
            • 2k Reputation
            Browns149B Browns149 wrote on last edited by
            #5

            Don't let the door hit ya

            "And they don't really know even what they're talkin' about And I can't imagine what empty heads can achieve."
            1 Reply Last reply
            Quote Reply
            • S Smotage

              Losing to Kirk Cousins in a must win game. 5-11 again, another losing season, and regression in all aspects of the game. I guess the Browns, a bad team, bought into the hype and laid an egg.

              DieHardBrownsFan DieHardBrownsFanD Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Collaborator Posting Machine First Post One Month Later Week One Done One Year In
              • 28k Posts
              • 6k Reputation
              DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
              #6

              @smotage said:

              Losing to Kirk Cousins in a must win game. 5-11 again, another losing season, and regression in all aspects of the game. I guess the Browns, a bad team, bought into the hype and laid an egg.

              Cousins looked really good, hell lets trade for him.

              "You planning on having a long relationship with that glass or are you going to drink it? Drink up, man. Maybe we can get another.” - Janis Joplin, 1970.
              1 Reply Last reply
              👍
              Quote Reply
              • BadNewsBrownsB BadNewsBrowns

                I'll be the first to shit on Shurmur, but if you are going to be objective about it - you cannot put this loss on him.

                Weeden kinda sucks.

                jrb12711 jrb12711J Conversation Starter Reacting Well Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                • 5k Posts
                • 1k Reputation
                jrb12711J jrb12711 wrote on last edited by
                #7

                @badnewsbrowns said:

                I'll be the first to shit on Shurmur, but if you are going to be objective about it - you cannot put this loss on him.

                Weeden kinda sucks.

                You really can though. Shurmer went to typical Shurmer turtle ball today with I'd reckon to guess 75% of the plays being 10 yards or less routes. Weeden was awful I'm not arguing that, but this inconsistent terrible play calling does nothing but hurt the team. I hate losing but I'm glad this happened to a degree because this all but solidifies shurmer's ass is gone.

                BadNewsBrownsB Browns149B 2 Replies Last reply
                Quote Reply
                • BrownsFan4Evr BrownsFan4EvrB Conversation Starter Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Dedicated One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                  • 618 Posts
                  • 180 Reputation
                  BrownsFan4EvrB BrownsFan4Evr wrote on last edited by
                  #8

                  Well when Shurmur leaves I hope he takes Weeden with him!

                  b86bB 1 Reply Last reply
                  Quote Reply
                  • BrownsFan4EvrB BrownsFan4Evr

                    Well when Shurmur leaves I hope he takes Weeden with him!

                    b86b b86bB
                    • 333 Posts
                    • 15 Reputation
                    b86bB b86b wrote on last edited by
                    #9

                    @brownsfan4evr said:

                    Well when Shurmur leaves I hope he takes Weeden with him!

                    and Heckert..

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Quote Reply
                    • jrb12711J jrb12711

                      @badnewsbrowns said:

                      I'll be the first to shit on Shurmur, but if you are going to be objective about it - you cannot put this loss on him.

                      Weeden kinda sucks.

                      You really can though. Shurmer went to typical Shurmer turtle ball today with I'd reckon to guess 75% of the plays being 10 yards or less routes. Weeden was awful I'm not arguing that, but this inconsistent terrible play calling does nothing but hurt the team. I hate losing but I'm glad this happened to a degree because this all but solidifies shurmer's ass is gone.

                      BadNewsBrowns BadNewsBrownsB
                      • 1k Posts
                      • 97 Reputation
                      BadNewsBrownsB BadNewsBrowns wrote on last edited by
                      #10

                      @jrb12711 said:

                      You really can though. Shurmer went to typical Shurmer turtle ball today with I'd reckon to guess 75% of the plays being 10 yards or less routes. Weeden was awful I'm not arguing that, but this inconsistent terrible play calling does nothing but hurt the team. I hate losing but I'm glad this happened to a degree because this all but solidifies shurmer's ass is gone.

                      Mike Martz who has forgotten more about football than you and I will ever know made a comment about Shurmur changing the offense due to Weeden not being able to make 1 on 1 throws.

                      He also made a comment about Weeden having shots downfield and not taking them.

                      For what it's worth.

                      "All Truth Passes Through Three stages. First, It Is Ridiculed, Second It Is Violently Opposed, And Third, It Is Accepted As Self-Evident" ~Arthur Schopenhauer
                      K jrb12711J 2 Replies Last reply
                      Quote Reply
                      • jrb12711J jrb12711

                        @badnewsbrowns said:

                        I'll be the first to shit on Shurmur, but if you are going to be objective about it - you cannot put this loss on him.

                        Weeden kinda sucks.

                        You really can though. Shurmer went to typical Shurmer turtle ball today with I'd reckon to guess 75% of the plays being 10 yards or less routes. Weeden was awful I'm not arguing that, but this inconsistent terrible play calling does nothing but hurt the team. I hate losing but I'm glad this happened to a degree because this all but solidifies shurmer's ass is gone.

                        Browns149 Browns149B Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                        • 10k Posts
                        • 2k Reputation
                        Browns149B Browns149 wrote on last edited by
                        #11

                        @jrb12711 said:

                        You really can though. Shurmer went to typical Shurmer turtle ball today with I'd reckon to guess 75% of the plays being 10 yards or less routes. Weeden was awful I'm not arguing that, but this inconsistent terrible play calling does nothing but hurt the team. I hate losing but I'm glad this happened to a degree because this all but solidifies shurmer's ass is gone.

                        GOOD, the guy should've been fired weeks ago

                        "And they don't really know even what they're talkin' about And I can't imagine what empty heads can achieve."
                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Quote Reply
                        • BadNewsBrownsB BadNewsBrowns

                          @jrb12711 said:

                          You really can though. Shurmer went to typical Shurmer turtle ball today with I'd reckon to guess 75% of the plays being 10 yards or less routes. Weeden was awful I'm not arguing that, but this inconsistent terrible play calling does nothing but hurt the team. I hate losing but I'm glad this happened to a degree because this all but solidifies shurmer's ass is gone.

                          Mike Martz who has forgotten more about football than you and I will ever know made a comment about Shurmur changing the offense due to Weeden not being able to make 1 on 1 throws.

                          He also made a comment about Weeden having shots downfield and not taking them.

                          For what it's worth.

                          kbndawg K
                          • 402 Posts
                          • 16 Reputation
                          K kbndawg wrote on last edited by
                          #12

                          @badnewsbrowns said:

                          Mike Martz who has forgotten more about football than you and I will ever know made a comment about Shurmur changing the offense due to Weeden not being able to make 1 on 1 throws.

                          He also made a comment about Weeden having shots downfield and not taking them.

                          For what it's worth.

                          Good point and this is not the first time that this has been pointed out. Weeden has been horrible at executing the offense. He misses receivers on the crossing routes and holds on to the ball way too long. We could deal with all of this if he were 23 but that is not the case.

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Quote Reply
                          • dab7291993 D
                            • 521 Posts
                            • 23 Reputation
                            D dab7291993 wrote on last edited by
                            #13

                            This board flip flops on Weeden, Heckert, and Shurmur every week.

                            Have some balls and be consistent, have a solid opinion and stick with it.

                            Browns149B ComeonmanC b86bB 3 Replies Last reply
                            👍
                            Quote Reply
                            • D dab7291993

                              This board flip flops on Weeden, Heckert, and Shurmur every week.

                              Have some balls and be consistent, have a solid opinion and stick with it.

                              Browns149 Browns149B Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                              • 10k Posts
                              • 2k Reputation
                              Browns149B Browns149 wrote on last edited by Browns149
                              #14

                              @dab7291993 said:

                              This board flip flops on Weeden, Heckert, and Shurmur every week.

                              Have some balls and be consistent, have a solid opinion and stick with it.

                              I've been calling for shurmers job all year. THE GUY SUCKS

                              "And they don't really know even what they're talkin' about And I can't imagine what empty heads can achieve."
                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Quote Reply
                              • ClevelandFanForLife ClevelandFanForLifeC One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                • 2k Posts
                                • 100 Reputation
                                ClevelandFanForLifeC ClevelandFanForLife wrote on last edited by
                                #15

                                I've new we flip flopped on Shurmer. He's always been a bum. I know there are two games left, but we are done winning this season. Denver looks unstoppable and the Steelers will be playing for a playoff spot (maybe even the division).

                                This is the main reason why Shurmer will be gone. You ready? Here it is: Pat Shurmer inherited a 5-11 team. In the two years he has been here, we have acquired WAY MORE talent than before. And what has he done with all that talent? Turned us into a 5-11 team. Well done Pat. You may now go back to being an overrated coordinator.

                                I will say this about Shurmer though. It's not really his fault that he's a bad head coach. He was never qualified to be a head coach and didn't deserve to be. He was in over his head and got off on the wrong foot. He tried to do way too much the first season (no offensive coordinator and calling plays). You will not be missed Pat.

                                once a fan, always a fan. married to a steeler fan. aaaaaaaaah! --andy
                                USFBrownU B 2 Replies Last reply
                                Quote Reply
                                • D dab7291993

                                  This board flip flops on Weeden, Heckert, and Shurmur every week.

                                  Have some balls and be consistent, have a solid opinion and stick with it.

                                  Comeonman ComeonmanC Very Popular Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Week One Done One Month Later One Year In
                                  • 2k Posts
                                  • 359 Reputation
                                  ComeonmanC Comeonman wrote on last edited by
                                  #16

                                  @dab7291993 said:

                                  This board flip flops on Weeden, Heckert, and Shurmur every week.

                                  Have some balls and be consistent, have a solid opinion and stick with it.

                                  Agreed. Weeden is shit, Shurmer is shit, Heckert is solid. What other QB's are going to come out of that draft and blow Weeden away. I hope that this really was Holmgren and Heckerts idea

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Quote Reply
                                  • ClevelandFanForLifeC ClevelandFanForLife

                                    I've new we flip flopped on Shurmer. He's always been a bum. I know there are two games left, but we are done winning this season. Denver looks unstoppable and the Steelers will be playing for a playoff spot (maybe even the division).

                                    This is the main reason why Shurmer will be gone. You ready? Here it is: Pat Shurmer inherited a 5-11 team. In the two years he has been here, we have acquired WAY MORE talent than before. And what has he done with all that talent? Turned us into a 5-11 team. Well done Pat. You may now go back to being an overrated coordinator.

                                    I will say this about Shurmer though. It's not really his fault that he's a bad head coach. He was never qualified to be a head coach and didn't deserve to be. He was in over his head and got off on the wrong foot. He tried to do way too much the first season (no offensive coordinator and calling plays). You will not be missed Pat.

                                    USFBrown USFBrownU Conversation Starter Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Dedicated One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                    • 2k Posts
                                    • 270 Reputation
                                    USFBrownU USFBrown wrote on last edited by
                                    #17

                                    @clevelandfanforlife said:

                                    I've new we flip flopped on Shurmer. He's always been a bum. I know there are two games left, but we are done winning this season. Denver looks unstoppable and the Steelers will be playing for a playoff spot (maybe even the division).

                                    This is the main reason why Shurmer will be gone. You ready? Here it is: Pat Shurmer inherited a 5-11 team. In the two years he has been here, we have acquired WAY MORE talent than before. And what has he done with all that talent? Turned us into a 5-11 team. Well done Pat. You may now go back to being an overrated coordinator.

                                    I will say this about Shurmer though. It's not really his fault that he's a bad head coach. He was never qualified to be a head coach and didn't deserve to be. He was in over his head and got off on the wrong foot. He tried to do way too much the first season (no offensive coordinator and calling plays). You will not be missed Pat.

                                    I don't event think he was an overrated coordinator before here. He was a terrible one, just ask St. Louis fans. Why the hell do you bring in a guy with who had one of the worst offenses in the NFL to be a head coach? Holmgren screwed us big time with him.

                                    Browns149B 1 Reply Last reply
                                    Quote Reply
                                    • D dab7291993

                                      This board flip flops on Weeden, Heckert, and Shurmur every week.

                                      Have some balls and be consistent, have a solid opinion and stick with it.

                                      b86b b86bB
                                      • 333 Posts
                                      • 15 Reputation
                                      b86bB b86b wrote on last edited by
                                      #18

                                      @dab7291993 said:

                                      This board flip flops on Weeden, Heckert, and Shurmur every week.

                                      Have some balls and be consistent, have a solid opinion and stick with it.

                                      been calling for his job since he got hired, never flipped

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Quote Reply
                                      • USFBrownU USFBrown

                                        @clevelandfanforlife said:

                                        I've new we flip flopped on Shurmer. He's always been a bum. I know there are two games left, but we are done winning this season. Denver looks unstoppable and the Steelers will be playing for a playoff spot (maybe even the division).

                                        This is the main reason why Shurmer will be gone. You ready? Here it is: Pat Shurmer inherited a 5-11 team. In the two years he has been here, we have acquired WAY MORE talent than before. And what has he done with all that talent? Turned us into a 5-11 team. Well done Pat. You may now go back to being an overrated coordinator.

                                        I will say this about Shurmer though. It's not really his fault that he's a bad head coach. He was never qualified to be a head coach and didn't deserve to be. He was in over his head and got off on the wrong foot. He tried to do way too much the first season (no offensive coordinator and calling plays). You will not be missed Pat.

                                        I don't event think he was an overrated coordinator before here. He was a terrible one, just ask St. Louis fans. Why the hell do you bring in a guy with who had one of the worst offenses in the NFL to be a head coach? Holmgren screwed us big time with him.

                                        Browns149 Browns149B Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                        • 10k Posts
                                        • 2k Reputation
                                        Browns149B Browns149 wrote on last edited by
                                        #19

                                        @usfbrown said:

                                        I don't event think he was an overrated coordinator before here. He was a terrible one, just ask St. Louis fans. Why the hell do you bring in a guy with who had one of the worst offenses in the NFL to be a head coach? Holmgren screwed us big time with him.

                                        He brought him here because he's a relative of a friend. He was cheap, he's easly manipulated, he runs the same crap offense, and he would never go against Holmgren. Basically NONE of those reasons are good

                                        "And they don't really know even what they're talkin' about And I can't imagine what empty heads can achieve."
                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Quote Reply
                                        • CLEVELandMILIDH C
                                          • 2k Posts
                                          • 52 Reputation
                                          C CLEVELandMILIDH wrote on last edited by
                                          #20

                                          Trent Richardson 2 touchdowns first half, 2 carries in the second half....he deserves to be fired for that alone.

                                          1st Ezekiel Ansah, DE, BYU 3rd Darius Slay, CB, Mississippi State4th Landry Jones, QB, Oklahoma5th Earl Wolff, S, N.C. State6th Lucas Reed, TE, New Mexico
                                          K D 2 Replies Last reply
                                          Quote Reply

                                          Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                          Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                          With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                          Register Login
                                          Reply
                                          • Reply as topic
                                          Log in to reply
                                          • Oldest to Newest
                                          • Newest to Oldest
                                          • Most Votes


                                          Theme
                                          • System
                                          • Light
                                          • Dark
                                          The Browns Board Terms Privacy

                                          The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

                                          • First post
                                            Last post
                                          0
                                          • Forums
                                          • Recent
                                          • Popular
                                          • Users
                                          • Donate