Skip to content

Whelp... Shurms Is Gone

The Browns Board
99 46 8.8k
  • @clevelandmilidh said:

    Trent Richardson 2 touchdowns first half, 2 carries in the second half....he deserves to be fired for that alone.

    Not true.......if you really look at the way the game unfolded........Weeden did nothing to make Washington respect the passing game therefor the Redskins just stuffed our running game and dared us to beat them with the pass. THe Browns could not run the ball at all today. Weeden was lost.......he looked like Couch standing in the pocket and patting the ball and too afraid to pull the trigger.

    @kbndawg said:

    Not true.......if you really look at the way the game unfolded........Weeden did nothing to make Washington respect the passing game therefor the Redskins just stuffed our running game and dared us to beat them with the pass. THe Browns could not run the ball at all today. Weeden was lost.......he looked like Couch standing in the pocket and patting the ball and too afraid to pull the trigger.

    Whats not true? Alfred Morris ran for less than 20 yards in the first half, that didn't keep them for feeding him in the second half.

    Just because he's not gaining 5 ypc doesn't mean stop giving him the ball. Especially with Weeden playing as bad as he was.

  • @baconhound said:

    What you fail to acknowledge like many on this board is he's had below average talent on offense the last two years. Now this year Richardson has been good, not great. Josh Gordon has been good the last seven weeks and Little has started to catch the ball better. That still doesn't overshadow Weeden's shortcomings. He is one of the worst starting QBs in the league.

    You might be correct last year, but the talent is way better this year and our offense still sucks. We got better at rb,wr,qb and o-line and we still suck on offense. That's on Shurmer

    @browns149 said:

    You might be correct last year, but the talent is way better this year and our offense still sucks. We got better at rb,wr,qb and o-line and we still suck on offense. That's on Shurmer

    I don't know about that. Trent is an upgrade but running the ball has taken a backseat to passing the ball in the NFL. The WRs have gotten better but they started off very slow. And while I agree Weeden is better than Colt thats like saying Sanchez is better than Mcelroy.

  • @browns149 said:

    You might be correct last year, but the talent is way better this year and our offense still sucks. We got better at rb,wr,qb and o-line and we still suck on offense. That's on Shurmer

    I don't know about that. Trent is an upgrade but running the ball has taken a backseat to passing the ball in the NFL. The WRs have gotten better but they started off very slow. And while I agree Weeden is better than Colt thats like saying Sanchez is better than Mcelroy.

    @baconhound said:

    I don't know about that. Trent is an upgrade but running the ball has taken a backseat to passing the ball in the NFL. The WRs have gotten better but they started off very slow. And while I agree Weeden is better than Colt thats like saying Sanchez is better than Mcelroy.

    so we got better at rb,wr, and QB. Just like I said, our coach still sucks.

  • @kbndawg said:

    Not true.......if you really look at the way the game unfolded........Weeden did nothing to make Washington respect the passing game therefor the Redskins just stuffed our running game and dared us to beat them with the pass. THe Browns could not run the ball at all today. Weeden was lost.......he looked like Couch standing in the pocket and patting the ball and too afraid to pull the trigger.

    Whats not true? Alfred Morris ran for less than 20 yards in the first half, that didn't keep them for feeding him in the second half.

    Just because he's not gaining 5 ypc doesn't mean stop giving him the ball. Especially with Weeden playing as bad as he was.

    @clevelandmilidh said:

    Whats not true? Alfred Morris ran for less than 20 yards in the first half, that didn't keep them for feeding him in the second half.

    Just because he's not gaining 5 ypc doesn't mean stop giving him the ball. Especially with Weeden playing as bad as he was.

    Its kinda a catch 22 if you will. Weeden is playing so bad that the Browns can't run the ball. Running the ball would be a great idea if the defense feared the pass.....feeding Trent the ball would have accomplished nothing. The Browns just sucked ass today. Sometimes the other team is just so much better than you.

  • Weeden is the one that cost us this game. The play calling did not help either but fuck you Weeden and take the coach with you

  • @baconhound said:

    I don't know about that. Trent is an upgrade but running the ball has taken a backseat to passing the ball in the NFL. The WRs have gotten better but they started off very slow. And while I agree Weeden is better than Colt thats like saying Sanchez is better than Mcelroy.

    so we got better at rb,wr, and QB. Just like I said, our coach still sucks.

    @browns149 said:

    so we got better at rb,wr, and QB. Just like I said, our coach still sucks.

    We got better but we were the worst last year. If we had Dalton and AJ Green and still sucked it would be on Shurmur but Little and Gordon together don't equal Green and Dalton is a good NFL QB.

  • @browns149 said:

    so we got better at rb,wr, and QB. Just like I said, our coach still sucks.

    We got better but we were the worst last year. If we had Dalton and AJ Green and still sucked it would be on Shurmur but Little and Gordon together don't equal Green and Dalton is a good NFL QB.

    @baconhound said:

    We got better but we were the worst last year. If we had Dalton and AJ Green and still sucked it would be on Shurmur but Little and Gordon together don't equal Green and Dalton is a good NFL QB.

    I think if we did have Dalton and Green we would still suck if Shurmer were the coach. HIs offense is old, and very predictable. No imagination at all.

  • @baconhound said:

    We got better but we were the worst last year. If we had Dalton and AJ Green and still sucked it would be on Shurmur but Little and Gordon together don't equal Green and Dalton is a good NFL QB.

    I think if we did have Dalton and Green we would still suck if Shurmer were the coach. HIs offense is old, and very predictable. No imagination at all.

    @browns149 said:

    I think if we did have Dalton and Green we would still suck if Shurmer were the coach. HIs offense is old, and very predictable. No imagination at all.

    yep, can only imagine what Jay Gruden/Mike McCoy could do with this offense

  • @jrb12711 said:

    You really can though. Shurmer went to typical Shurmer turtle ball today with I'd reckon to guess 75% of the plays being 10 yards or less routes. Weeden was awful I'm not arguing that, but this inconsistent terrible play calling does nothing but hurt the team. I hate losing but I'm glad this happened to a degree because this all but solidifies shurmer's ass is gone.

    Mike Martz who has forgotten more about football than you and I will ever know made a comment about Shurmur changing the offense due to Weeden not being able to make 1 on 1 throws.

    He also made a comment about Weeden having shots downfield and not taking them.

    For what it's worth.

    @badnewsbrowns said:

    Mike Martz who has forgotten more about football than you and I will ever know made a comment about Shurmur changing the offense due to Weeden not being able to make 1 on 1 throws.

    He also made a comment about Weeden having shots downfield and not taking them.

    For what it's worth.

    He's playing timid, that's for sure. But I can almost say for certain that the offense was totally shrunk for him today. I hear what you're saying, but why would Shurmer do that? I know it's against KC but he looked great throwing down field. Weeden has looked bad but the way the offense was ran today no QB can succeed. All I'm saying here is that both guys have a lot of the blame for the offense being terrible.

  • @badnewsbrowns said:

    Mike Martz who has forgotten more about football than you and I will ever know made a comment about Shurmur changing the offense due to Weeden not being able to make 1 on 1 throws.

    He also made a comment about Weeden having shots downfield and not taking them.

    For what it's worth.

    He's playing timid, that's for sure. But I can almost say for certain that the offense was totally shrunk for him today. I hear what you're saying, but why would Shurmer do that? I know it's against KC but he looked great throwing down field. Weeden has looked bad but the way the offense was ran today no QB can succeed. All I'm saying here is that both guys have a lot of the blame for the offense being terrible.

    @jrb12711 said:

    He's playing timid, that's for sure. But I can almost say for certain that the offense was totally shrunk for him today. I hear what you're saying, but why would Shurmer do that? I know it's against KC but he looked great throwing down field. Weeden has looked bad but the way the offense was ran today no QB can succeed. All I'm saying here is that both guys have a lot of the blame for the offense being terrible.

    And Im just gonna tell you what My eyes see...Wheezin has 0 vision and 0 intangibles...Richardson is an ordinary 3rd down back at best.

  • Looking forward to December 31st and press conference that follows. I think Jimmy H. knows that dog won't hunt!!!

  • Today's game was Shurmur vs Shanahan and Shurmur had his ass handed to him. We took a lead, and failed miserably to add any points to it when it mattered, early on. Again his play calling is anemic, predictable and down right sucky. I think Weeden is being overly coached and won't pull the trigger. The even god awful color analyst today mentioned that weeden just has to pull the trigger and let the guys make a play and catch the ball. Things I have said many times before. You can't expect, in the NFL, to have wide open WR's all of the time. Maybe this is a confidence thing in Weeden and maybe he just sucks. But he seems afraid to throw the ball. Shurmur got man handled by a Veteran coach who was able to adjust his team to the Browns. On the other hand, Shurmur went straight ahead protecting his 7 point lead.

  • As usual Browns fans want to throw out the coach, the quarterback, get a better running back...When will you guys learn thats why we suck year after year... Weeden will be a good QB if you just relax and let him develop and grow! TR is going to rock and Shurmer...he really should go!

  • Can we be real for a minute

    Shurmer would make Tom Brady look bad

    Weeden will be fine once we good the right coach

    Hekertt I do not mind, but he will get shit canned too

    I want Andy Reid!!!! He can coach, he has had a bad yr and should have never put all his eggs in the Vick box. His track record speaks for itself

  • Today's game was Shurmur vs Shanahan and Shurmur had his ass handed to him. We took a lead, and failed miserably to add any points to it when it mattered, early on. Again his play calling is anemic, predictable and down right sucky. I think Weeden is being overly coached and won't pull the trigger. The even god awful color analyst today mentioned that weeden just has to pull the trigger and let the guys make a play and catch the ball. Things I have said many times before. You can't expect, in the NFL, to have wide open WR's all of the time. Maybe this is a confidence thing in Weeden and maybe he just sucks. But he seems afraid to throw the ball. Shurmur got man handled by a Veteran coach who was able to adjust his team to the Browns. On the other hand, Shurmur went straight ahead protecting his 7 point lead.

    @brownskidd said:

    Today's game was Shurmur vs Shanahan and Shurmur had his ass handed to him. We took a lead, and failed miserably to add any points to it when it mattered, early on. Again his play calling is anemic, predictable and down right sucky. I think Weeden is being overly coached and won't pull the trigger. The even god awful color analyst today mentioned that weeden just has to pull the trigger and let the guys make a play and catch the ball. Things I have said many times before. You can't expect, in the NFL, to have wide open WR's all of the time. Maybe this is a confidence thing in Weeden and maybe he just sucks. But he seems afraid to throw the ball. Shurmur got man handled by a Veteran coach who was able to adjust his team to the Browns. On the other hand, Shurmur went straight ahead protecting his 7 point lead.

    Shanahan out coached him bad, real bad. This signed Shurmers pink slip, I would bet on that.

  • @brownskidd said:

    Today's game was Shurmur vs Shanahan and Shurmur had his ass handed to him. We took a lead, and failed miserably to add any points to it when it mattered, early on. Again his play calling is anemic, predictable and down right sucky. I think Weeden is being overly coached and won't pull the trigger. The even god awful color analyst today mentioned that weeden just has to pull the trigger and let the guys make a play and catch the ball. Things I have said many times before. You can't expect, in the NFL, to have wide open WR's all of the time. Maybe this is a confidence thing in Weeden and maybe he just sucks. But he seems afraid to throw the ball. Shurmur got man handled by a Veteran coach who was able to adjust his team to the Browns. On the other hand, Shurmur went straight ahead protecting his 7 point lead.

    Shanahan out coached him bad, real bad. This signed Shurmers pink slip, I would bet on that.

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Shanahan out coached him bad, real bad. This signed Shurmers pink slip, I would bet on that.

    We can only hope. IMO there is NO WAY shurmer is back next year

  • I just want to point out all the idiots calling for Shurmer to keep his job after we won 3 in a row.

  • I just want to point out all the idiots calling for Shurmer to keep his job after we won 3 in a row.

    @harry-buffalo said:

    I just want to point out all the idiots calling for Shurmer to keep his job after we won 3 in a row.

    Don't count me in there. I've wanted him gone ALL SEASON

  • Trent Richardson 2 touchdowns first half, 2 carries in the second half....he deserves to be fired for that alone.

    @clevelandmilidh said:

    Trent Richardson 2 touchdowns first half, 2 carries in the second half....he deserves to be fired for that alone.

    Richardson was not effective at all in the first half. Just because he punched in two touchdowns on the goal line does not mean he was gashing the Skins. The run game was abysmal and I don't blame the coaches for trying to do something differently. That being said, I am disappointed with both rookies so far. Also, I cannot understand why fans seem to be so much more patient with Richardson than Weeden when Richardson was the #3 overall pick whom we traded up for, and QBs are supposed to struggle more their rookie year. I am not trying to defend Weeden because, like I said, he has been disappointing as well, but I do think Weeden gets in inappropriate amount of flack compared to Trent.

  • @mike-h said:

    Horse shit. What has Christian Ponder done to make teams respect the pass? Adrian Peterson runs hard and fast and CREATES plays, Trent Richardson runs hard and fights for extra yards but does not have an explosive burst to hit holes. He dances and either doesn't see them or can't get through them quick enough.

    All people want to do is make excuses for these guys, are you their PR agent?

    Adrian Peterson is a beast so i don't understand your point. The Browns should dump Trent because he is not as good as AP? Trent is a really good RB and will get better.......BTW he is a rookie. The Browns can definately work with Trent and put some pieces around him to get better. Trent is not the problem here.