Skip to content

What The Nfl Should Look Like Today

The Browns Board
12 6 671
  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by The Gipper
    #1

    Here is what the NFL should look like today with a 32 team league:

    NFC East: New York Giants, Philadelphia Eagles, Washington Redskins, Dallas Cowboys

    NFC North: Detroit Lions, Chicago Bears, Green Bay Packers, Minnesota Vikings

    NFC South: Tampa Bay Bucs, Atlanta Falcons, New Orleans Saints, Carolina Panthers

    NFC West: Seattle Seahawks, San Francisco 49ers, Los Angeles Rams, St. Louis Cardinals

    AFC East: New England Patriots, New York Jets, Buffalo Bills, Miami Dolphins

    AFC North: Cleveland Browns, Cincinnati Bengals, Pittsburgh Steelers, Baltimore Colts

    AFC South: Indianapolis Racers, Houston Oilers, Nashville Cats, Arizona Wranglers

    AFC West: Oakland Raiders, San Diego Chargers, Denver Broncos, Kansas City Chiefs

    Lack of NFL foresight in the early 80s to the fact that the NFL should have been a 32 team league is what caused the musical chairs of NFL team. Baltimore should have kept the Colts, St. Louis the Cardinals, Houston the Oilers.

    Expansion should have been awarded to the Phoenix's, Charlotte's, Indiana, Tennessee.

    There were 28 teams then, they shoulda/coulda just increased it to 32 then.

    OK, sorry, the one place that gets left out is Jacksonville. LA keeps the Rams. (Hell, the Jax team may end up in LA anyway)

    Notice that I have this lineup almost exactly as it is today. The one division the is changed greatly, sorta, is the AFC South...but I still have 3 of the 4 same cities in that division as are there now, the team names are just different. I means, lets face it, the AFC South today is the most bastardized division in the NFL anyway...and totally disjointed geographically.

    I elected to keep the AFC West intact rather than put Arizona in there, so AZ became an AFCS team.

    The major issue of course is that of the 4 expansion teams, I have 3 of them in the AFC, but I did move the Seahawks to the NFC, as was done anyway later.

  • Here is what the NFL should look like today with a 32 team league:

    NFC East: New York Giants, Philadelphia Eagles, Washington Redskins, Dallas Cowboys

    NFC North: Detroit Lions, Chicago Bears, Green Bay Packers, Minnesota Vikings

    NFC South: Tampa Bay Bucs, Atlanta Falcons, New Orleans Saints, Carolina Panthers

    NFC West: Seattle Seahawks, San Francisco 49ers, Los Angeles Rams, St. Louis Cardinals

    AFC East: New England Patriots, New York Jets, Buffalo Bills, Miami Dolphins

    AFC North: Cleveland Browns, Cincinnati Bengals, Pittsburgh Steelers, Baltimore Colts

    AFC South: Indianapolis Racers, Houston Oilers, Nashville Cats, Arizona Wranglers

    AFC West: Oakland Raiders, San Diego Chargers, Denver Broncos, Kansas City Chiefs

    Lack of NFL foresight in the early 80s to the fact that the NFL should have been a 32 team league is what caused the musical chairs of NFL team. Baltimore should have kept the Colts, St. Louis the Cardinals, Houston the Oilers.

    Expansion should have been awarded to the Phoenix's, Charlotte's, Indiana, Tennessee.

    There were 28 teams then, they shoulda/coulda just increased it to 32 then.

    OK, sorry, the one place that gets left out is Jacksonville. LA keeps the Rams. (Hell, the Jax team may end up in LA anyway)

    Notice that I have this lineup almost exactly as it is today. The one division the is changed greatly, sorta, is the AFC South...but I still have 3 of the 4 same cities in that division as are there now, the team names are just different. I means, lets face it, the AFC South today is the most bastardized division in the NFL anyway...and totally disjointed geographically.

    I elected to keep the AFC West intact rather than put Arizona in there, so AZ became an AFCS team.

    The major issue of course is that of the 4 expansion teams, I have 3 of them in the AFC, but I did move the Seahawks to the NFC, as was done anyway later.

    Z Zombo wrote on last edited by
    #2

    @the-gipper said:

    Here is what the NFL should look like today with a 32 team league:

    NFC East: New York Giants, Philadelphia Eagles, Washington Redskins, Dallas Cowboys

    NFC North: Detroit Lions, Chicago Bears, Green Bay Packers, Minnesota Vikings

    NFC South: Tampa Bay Bucs, Atlanta Falcons, New Orleans Saints, Carolina Panthers

    NFC West: Seattle Seahawks, San Francisco 49ers, Los Angeles Rams, St. Louis Cardinals

    AFC East: New England Patriots, New York Jets, Buffalo Bills, Miami Dolphins

    AFC North: Cleveland Browns, Cincinnati Bengals, Pittsburgh Steelers, Baltimore Colts

    AFC South: Indianapolis Racers, Houston Oilers, Nashville Cats, Arizona Wranglers

    AFC West: Oakland Raiders, San Diego Chargers, Denver Broncos, Kansas City Chiefs

    Lack of NFL foresight in the early 80s to the fact that the NFL should have been a 32 team league is what caused the musical chairs of NFL team. Baltimore should have kept the Colts, St. Louis the Cardinals, Houston the Oilers.

    Expansion should have been awarded to the Phoenix's, Charlotte's, Indiana, Tennessee.

    There were 28 teams then, they shoulda/coulda just increased it to 32 then.

    OK, sorry, the one place that gets left out is Jacksonville. LA keeps the Rams. (Hell, the Jax team may end up in LA anyway)

    Notice that I have this lineup almost exactly as it is today. The one division the is changed greatly, sorta, is the AFC South...but I still have 3 of the 4 same cities in that division as are there now, the team names are just different. I elected to keep the AFC West intact rather than put Arizona in there, so AZ became an AFCS team.

    The major issue of course is that of the 4 expansion teams, I have 3 of them in the AFC, but I did move the Seahawks to the NFC, as was done anyway later.

    Very interesting.

    St. Louis and Arizona should switch places.

    Zombo

  • Bob806B Bob806 wrote on last edited by
    #3

    The Ratbirds belong in the AFC East, and they should have put the Bills in the AFC North.I maintain it is/was a slap in the face to Cleveland that we have to face them twice a year. Tagliabue screwed us twice.

    I know the Bills/Jets rivalry goes back to the AFL, so they were reluctant to break that up.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Here is what the NFL should look like today with a 32 team league:

    NFC East: New York Giants, Philadelphia Eagles, Washington Redskins, Dallas Cowboys

    NFC North: Detroit Lions, Chicago Bears, Green Bay Packers, Minnesota Vikings

    NFC South: Tampa Bay Bucs, Atlanta Falcons, New Orleans Saints, Carolina Panthers

    NFC West: Seattle Seahawks, San Francisco 49ers, Los Angeles Rams, St. Louis Cardinals

    AFC East: New England Patriots, New York Jets, Buffalo Bills, Miami Dolphins

    AFC North: Cleveland Browns, Cincinnati Bengals, Pittsburgh Steelers, Baltimore Colts

    AFC South: Indianapolis Racers, Houston Oilers, Nashville Cats, Arizona Wranglers

    AFC West: Oakland Raiders, San Diego Chargers, Denver Broncos, Kansas City Chiefs

    Lack of NFL foresight in the early 80s to the fact that the NFL should have been a 32 team league is what caused the musical chairs of NFL team. Baltimore should have kept the Colts, St. Louis the Cardinals, Houston the Oilers.

    Expansion should have been awarded to the Phoenix's, Charlotte's, Indiana, Tennessee.

    There were 28 teams then, they shoulda/coulda just increased it to 32 then.

    OK, sorry, the one place that gets left out is Jacksonville. LA keeps the Rams. (Hell, the Jax team may end up in LA anyway)

    Notice that I have this lineup almost exactly as it is today. The one division the is changed greatly, sorta, is the AFC South...but I still have 3 of the 4 same cities in that division as are there now, the team names are just different. I elected to keep the AFC West intact rather than put Arizona in there, so AZ became an AFCS team.

    The major issue of course is that of the 4 expansion teams, I have 3 of them in the AFC, but I did move the Seahawks to the NFC, as was done anyway later.

    Very interesting.

    St. Louis and Arizona should switch places.

    Zombo

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #4

    Zombo said:

    Very interesting.

    St. Louis and Arizona should switch places.

    Zombo

    I only kept them there because the Cardinals were an NFC team, and because St. Louis is in the NFC West now.

    But in theory, you are right.

  • The Ratbirds belong in the AFC East, and they should have put the Bills in the AFC North.I maintain it is/was a slap in the face to Cleveland that we have to face them twice a year. Tagliabue screwed us twice.

    I know the Bills/Jets rivalry goes back to the AFL, so they were reluctant to break that up.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #5

    @bob806 said:

    The Ratbirds belong in the AFC East, and they should have put the Bills in the AFC North.I maintain it is/was a slap in the face to Cleveland that we have to face them twice a year. Tagliabue screwed us twice.

    I know the Bills/Jets rivalry goes back to the AFL, so they were reluctant to break that up.

    Uhmm, there are no "Ratbirds". In my scenario the Colts never left Baltimore. And I did originally have the Colts in the AFC East Division, moving the Indy team to the AFCN, and the Dolphins to the AFCS. But then I thought the Dolphins were always in the AFCE, so I wouldn't upset that apple cart, and I left Balt. in the North and Indy in the South as they are today. (though, I agree with you, geographically)

  • @bob806 said:

    The Ratbirds belong in the AFC East, and they should have put the Bills in the AFC North.I maintain it is/was a slap in the face to Cleveland that we have to face them twice a year. Tagliabue screwed us twice.

    I know the Bills/Jets rivalry goes back to the AFL, so they were reluctant to break that up.

    Uhmm, there are no "Ratbirds". In my scenario the Colts never left Baltimore. And I did originally have the Colts in the AFC East Division, moving the Indy team to the AFCN, and the Dolphins to the AFCS. But then I thought the Dolphins were always in the AFCE, so I wouldn't upset that apple cart, and I left Balt. in the North and Indy in the South as they are today. (though, I agree with you, geographically)

    Bob806B Bob806 wrote on last edited by Bob806
    #6

    @the-gipper said:

    Uhmm, there are no "Ratbirds". In my scenario the Colts never left Baltimore. And I did originally have the Colts in the AFC East Division, moving the Indy team to the AFCN, and the Dolphins to the AFCS. But then I thought the Dolphins were always in the AFCE, so I wouldn't upset that apple cart, and I left Balt. in the North and Indy in the South as they are today. (though, I agree with you, geographically)

    I see that, but as long as we're "what-iffing," that's my two cents. I'll get over it when I'm dead I suppose.

    It will be interesting to see what they do around 2014, when LA lands a team (that's the earliest they would announce it, from what I've read). Perhaps they have to realign, but I doubt it would be a drastic realignment.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Uhmm, there are no "Ratbirds". In my scenario the Colts never left Baltimore. And I did originally have the Colts in the AFC East Division, moving the Indy team to the AFCN, and the Dolphins to the AFCS. But then I thought the Dolphins were always in the AFCE, so I wouldn't upset that apple cart, and I left Balt. in the North and Indy in the South as they are today. (though, I agree with you, geographically)

    I see that, but as long as we're "what-iffing," that's my two cents. I'll get over it when I'm dead I suppose.

    It will be interesting to see what they do around 2014, when LA lands a team (that's the earliest they would announce it, from what I've read). Perhaps they have to realign, but I doubt it would be a drastic realignment.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by The Gipper
    #7

    @bob806 said:

    I see that, but as long as we're "what-iffing," that's my two cents. I'll get over it when I'm dead I suppose.

    It will be interesting to see what they do around 2014, when LA lands a team (that's the earliest they would announce it, from what I've read). Perhaps they have to realign, but I doubt it would be a drastic realignment.

    Well, again, if the Jags move there I doubt there needs to be realignment. That division is all over the place anyway.

    (But, I see what you mean: "If we have to have the Ravens, then they should be in the AFC East) Perhaps.

    To do that currently all you would need to do is move the Rats to the East, the Dolphins to the South, and the Colts to the AFCN.

    Makes sense.

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #8

    I would suggest that the Jags big move to avoid having to make the big move (to LA) is to bring in Tebow. Shows you how desparate they are.

  • JibzJ Jibz wrote on last edited by
    #9

    Houston Oilers???

    Their back? lol

  • Houston Oilers???

    Their back? lol

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #10

    @jibz said:

    Houston Oilers???

    Their back? lol

    My point is that they should never have left.

  • @jibz said:

    Houston Oilers???

    Their back? lol

    My point is that they should never have left.

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by hoorta
    #11

    @the-gipper said:

    My point is that they should never have left.

    You have to wonder if this was pre-planned- Jacksonville should NEVER have gotten an expansion team over Baltimore.

    Incidentally, I thought the Jags would be the likley team to move to LA, due to non support. This list is sort of a shocker. 2012 NFL attendance Mark-O has said it, so put me down for the Chargers or the Raiders as the likely candidates to move.

  • @the-gipper said:

    My point is that they should never have left.

    You have to wonder if this was pre-planned- Jacksonville should NEVER have gotten an expansion team over Baltimore.

    Incidentally, I thought the Jags would be the likley team to move to LA, due to non support. This list is sort of a shocker. 2012 NFL attendance Mark-O has said it, so put me down for the Chargers or the Raiders as the likely candidates to move.

    Mark OM Mark O wrote on last edited by
    #12

    @hoorta said:

    You have to wonder if this was pre-planned- Jacksonville should NEVER have gotten an expansion team over Baltimore.

    Incidentally, I thought the Jags would be the likley team to move to LA, due to non support. This list is sort of a shocker. 2012 NFL attendance Mark-O has said it, so put me down for the Chargers or the Raiders as the likely candidates to move.

    The issue with Oakland is the image and perception that comes with the team but I still think they're a good option for the 2nd LA team after the Chargers move first.