Skip to content

Draft Position

The Browns Board
30 21 2.1k
  • Looks as though we'll be drafting 6th or 7th depending on the outcome of Arizona's game. In a way this loss really helped our draft position. Had we won we would have dropped 4 or 5 slots. I want Teo or Milliner, not sure those guys would be there at 9 through 11.

    Updated Standings

    http://espn.go.com/nfl/standings/_/type/expanded/sort/losses/group/1

    @ithika said:

    Looks as though we'll be drafting 6th or 7th depending on the outcome of Arizona's game. In a way this loss really helped our draft position. Had we won we would have dropped 4 or 5 slots. I want Teo or Milliner, not sure those guys would be there at 9 through 11.

    Updated Standings

    http://espn.go.com/nfl/standings/_/type/expanded/sort/losses/group/1

    Now that the game is over, I am glad we gained those spots as well.

    This gives us a shot at a better player or makes our pick more attractive as trade bait if we feel we like a player but not at #7. Trading down makes sense some years, and this might be the year to do so.

  • We will pick 6th overall this year. Arizona will have a stronger strength of schedule. Just wanted to see what everyone though we should go after now that the season is officially over. This could all possibly change however when free agency hits.

    Our biggest needs are pass rushers (DE or OLB) and secondary. I don't think that we go with another corner in the top 10. We can get a number 2 in free agency. I think we go with pass rusher at 6. I like Demontre Moore out of Texas A&M and Bjoern Watner out of FSU. I think they can be dominant edge rushers for years to come. I like Jones out of Georgia but he has a spinal injury which could end his career if he gets hurt again. The Notre Dame fan in me also want Manti Te'o but I don't know if Banner and Co. will take a MLB that high.

  • Screw the draft position.

    6 or 7 is too low to trade with anyone.

    Blue chips, or better described hi gamble pics, are gone in the first 3 or 4.

    So you want up with a risky player with a guaranteed huge salary.

    Then you wind up taking a guard or a linebacker 20 spots too high.

    WSS

  • Screw the draft position.

    6 or 7 is too low to trade with anyone.

    Blue chips, or better described hi gamble pics, are gone in the first 3 or 4.

    So you want up with a risky player with a guaranteed huge salary.

    Then you wind up taking a guard or a linebacker 20 spots too high.

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    Screw the draft position.

    6 or 7 is too low to trade with anyone.

    Blue chips, or better described hi gamble pics, are gone in the first 3 or 4.

    So you want up with a risky player with a guaranteed huge salary.

    Then you wind up taking a guard or a linebacker 20 spots too high.

    WSS

    Actually, the Falcons traded up for our 6th pick in the Julio Jones deal. Trades happen all throughout the first day.

  • does it really matter? we have drafted 1st (Courtney Brown) and we have drafted 22 (Brady Quinn)

    we could fuck up a wet dream

  • My big board (as of today):

    Jarvis Jones OLB (Georiga)

    Manti Te'o ILB (Notre Dame)

    Damontre Moore DE (Texas A&M)

    DeMarcus Milliner CB (Alabama)

    C.J. Mosley OLB (Alabama)

    If we get one of these guys, I'll be happy.

  • I like all of them, but I think we could trade down and still land one of them. Jarvis Jones has a huge cloud over him right now with his spinal issue.

  • When are we taking the Honey Badger?

  • I'd be happy with Honey Badger in third round if he's there.

    Jarvis Jones is definitely number one for me. Hope people freak out about his spinal issue and we draft him and nothing ever comes of it and the guy is a hall of famer for the Browns. Best. Case. Scenario.

  • The third!? And people yell at me with my Denard comments...

  • I said the third because we all know we want him later, but Janoris Jenkins is also someone we wanted later. Guy went in the second and the Rams are laughing it up.

  • DaMontre Moore or trade down and get John Banks

  • Take Bjoern Werner and call it a day (if he falls to us), but Detroit may take him ahead of us.

  • Of course it matters.

    A bust at 22 is cheaper than a bust at 1.

    Plus some idiot will probably trade for a 1.

    It takes a lot of luck to swap a number 7 or 8. Especially in this weak draft but....

    And we can probably find a darn good guard or linebacker low in the first or high and the second.

    But we have no second.

    WSS

  • Screw the draft position.

    6 or 7 is too low to trade with anyone.

    Blue chips, or better described hi gamble pics, are gone in the first 3 or 4.

    So you want up with a risky player with a guaranteed huge salary.

    Then you wind up taking a guard or a linebacker 20 spots too high.

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    Screw the draft position.

    6 or 7 is too low to trade with anyone.

    Blue chips, or better described hi gamble pics, are gone in the first 3 or 4.

    So you want up with a risky player with a guaranteed huge salary.

    Then you wind up taking a guard or a linebacker 20 spots too high.

    WSS

    I hate talking draft again, I'd rather be talking playoffs with our Browns.

    On that note, I only saw him play 2 games, but did you guys see the Okefor kid from Texas the other night? 4.5 sacks, looks good to me. Defense HAS to be the priority for the Browns, we're still too slow to cover the edges and RBs/TEs.

    On another note, I'm not thrilled with 2 of our home games next season- Jacksonville & Miami...boring.

    Happy New Year everybody!!

  • Mosley is going back to Alabama. I like Moore from A&M a lot. He looks like a 10+ sack guy each season, and his presence would help Sheard out quite a bit. I like Te'o a lot too, and D'Qwell could move to the outside.

  • When are we taking the Honey Badger?

    @mld-woody said:

    When are we taking the Honey Badger?

    He is undersized for the NFL.

  • Moore, Te'o, Milliner. In that order. Really just need someone that can create a pass rush. It will open up Sheard quite a bit too.

  • @mld-woody said:

    When are we taking the Honey Badger?

    He is undersized for the NFL.

    @daninnyc said:

    He is undersized for the NFL.

    Size doesn't always matter. Look at Russell Wilson. Honey Badger just makes plays. Plus it'd be fucking awesome because we'd all have jerseys that say "Honey Badger" on the back of them.

  • Draft Order from NFL.com.:

    1. Chiefs 2-14 .516 S.O.S.

    2. Jags 2-14 .539

    3. Raiders 4-12 .469

    4. Eagles 4-12 .508

    5. Lions 4-12 .566

    6. Browns 5-11 .508

    7. Cards 5-11 .559

    8. Bills 6-10 .480

    9. Jets 6-10 .512

    10. Titans 6-10 .512

    11. Chargers 7-9 .457

    12. Dolphins 7-9 .500

    13. Buccaneers 7-9 .457

    14. Panthers 7-9 .516

    15. Saints 7-9 .521

    16. Rams 7-8-1 .535

    17. Steelers 8-8 .465

    18. Cowboys 8-8 .523

    19. Giants 9-7 .521

    20. Bears 10-6 .512