Skip to content

Official

The Browns Board
18 12 1.4k
  • watching the press conference, these guys seem pissed off, and sick of the losing

  • Lovie has proven an inability to get to the playoffs. I think it something like 4 of the last 5 years they've missed it. The reasons for this may be many, but you cannot discount the fact that the HC has to shoulder a significant amount of blame.

    Someone that has a proven track record of turning around offenses and that isn't an old, drop out, former HC is the type of person we need. With this in mind, Lovie would be a very similar move to getting Mangini IMO. Plus, being at the Lions game yesterday, Lovie's offense is eerily similar to the mundane shit that Shurmur runs. A lot of basic running formations, intermediate passing, and a few long balls.

    Shanahan is my pick.

  • Well we all knew this was going to happen so not exactly a big surprise. Now we will see who we end up with. Might take awhile.

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Well we all knew this was going to happen so not exactly a big surprise. Now we will see who we end up with. Might take awhile.

    Per ESPN-

    "Among the general manager candidates are: Atlanta player personnel director David Caldwell, San Francisco director of player personnel Tom Gamble, Baltimore assistant GM Eric DeCosta and NFL Network analyst and Mike Lombardi"

    Please Lord, not the last guy mentioned. The others I can live with.

  • out of the list above the guy from san fran looks interesting. what is 'pres of player personnel'? a guy below the GM or is it just the same name with frosting on top?

    as far as it taking a while to make the decision i say the sooner the better. the sooner guys can get acclimated to our players personnel and start digging in the better chance to actually see some immediate changes. fuck this waiting until a month before the draft before deciding in a direction. haslam and banner have got to know that.

  • Lovie has proven an inability to get to the playoffs. I think it something like 4 of the last 5 years they've missed it. The reasons for this may be many, but you cannot discount the fact that the HC has to shoulder a significant amount of blame.

    Someone that has a proven track record of turning around offenses and that isn't an old, drop out, former HC is the type of person we need. With this in mind, Lovie would be a very similar move to getting Mangini IMO. Plus, being at the Lions game yesterday, Lovie's offense is eerily similar to the mundane shit that Shurmur runs. A lot of basic running formations, intermediate passing, and a few long balls.

    Shanahan is my pick.

    @horn-of-lake-erie said:

    Lovie has proven an inability to get to the playoffs. I think it something like 4 of the last 5 years they've missed it. The reasons for this may be many, but you cannot discount the fact that the HC has to shoulder a significant amount of blame.

    Someone that has a proven track record of turning around offenses and that isn't an old, drop out, former HC is the type of person we need. With this in mind, Lovie would be a very similar move to getting Mangini IMO. Plus, being at the Lions game yesterday, Lovie's offense is eerily similar to the mundane shit that Shurmur runs. A lot of basic running formations, intermediate passing, and a few long balls.

    Shanahan is my pick.

    He missed the playoffs 3 times in 9 seasons, two of those being the past two seasons. It is common knowledge that he isn't an offensive minded coach, but rather creates some of the best defenses in the league. I find it odd that you blame his for the offense when it is his OC calling the plays and I find it crazy to blame Lovie for this and last season when last season his top offensive players went down with injuries during a time when they were dominating their opponents and this season they had to go with a makeshit offensive line cause they have failed to pick up any real blocking talent over the past how many years. Lovie is a good coach he has just been stuck in some bad situations the past two years.

    It's also crazy to compare him to Mangini. Didn't Mangini coach for 3 years in NY and make it to the playoffs once in that span of time and only put average defenses on the field?

    Having said that I would also like Shanahan.

  • @horn-of-lake-erie said:

    Lovie has proven an inability to get to the playoffs. I think it something like 4 of the last 5 years they've missed it. The reasons for this may be many, but you cannot discount the fact that the HC has to shoulder a significant amount of blame.

    Someone that has a proven track record of turning around offenses and that isn't an old, drop out, former HC is the type of person we need. With this in mind, Lovie would be a very similar move to getting Mangini IMO. Plus, being at the Lions game yesterday, Lovie's offense is eerily similar to the mundane shit that Shurmur runs. A lot of basic running formations, intermediate passing, and a few long balls.

    Shanahan is my pick.

    He missed the playoffs 3 times in 9 seasons, two of those being the past two seasons. It is common knowledge that he isn't an offensive minded coach, but rather creates some of the best defenses in the league. I find it odd that you blame his for the offense when it is his OC calling the plays and I find it crazy to blame Lovie for this and last season when last season his top offensive players went down with injuries during a time when they were dominating their opponents and this season they had to go with a makeshit offensive line cause they have failed to pick up any real blocking talent over the past how many years. Lovie is a good coach he has just been stuck in some bad situations the past two years.

    It's also crazy to compare him to Mangini. Didn't Mangini coach for 3 years in NY and make it to the playoffs once in that span of time and only put average defenses on the field?

    Having said that I would also like Shanahan.

    @harry-buffalo said:

    He missed the playoffs 3 times in 9 seasons, two of those being the past two seasons. It is common knowledge that he isn't an offensive minded coach, but rather creates some of the best defenses in the league. I find it odd that you blame his for the offense when it is his OC calling the plays and I find it crazy to blame Lovie for this and last season when last season his top offensive players went down with injuries during a time when they were dominating their opponents and this season they had to go with a makeshit offensive line cause they have failed to pick up any real blocking talent over the past how many years. Lovie is a good coach he has just been stuck in some bad situations the past two years.

    It's also crazy to compare him to Mangini. Didn't Mangini coach for 3 years in NY and make it to the playoffs once in that span of time and only put average defenses on the field?

    Having said that I would also like Shanahan.

    Lovie Smith ONLY made the playoffs in 3 of his 9 years

  • watching the press conference, these guys seem pissed off, and sick of the losing

    @browns149 said:

    watching the press conference, these guys seem pissed off, and sick of the losing

    I'm sure that's true, but they also had to field some pretty stupid questions from the media..

  • I'm in the minority that wouldn't mind giving a Saban the keys.

    But I don't want Chip Kelley or Arians. I want Saban as HC and a really good OC.

  • I'm in the minority that wouldn't mind giving a Saban the keys.

    But I don't want Chip Kelley or Arians. I want Saban as HC and a really good OC.

    @dab7291993 said:

    I'm in the minority that wouldn't mind giving a Saban the keys.

    But I don't want Chip Kelley or Arians. I want Saban as HC and a really good OC.

    +1

    This guy is about to win his 4th National title in 10 yrs...He can flat out coach

    I just don't think he;ll leave Alabama

  • I'm in the minority that wouldn't mind giving a Saban the keys.

    But I don't want Chip Kelley or Arians. I want Saban as HC and a really good OC.

    @dab7291993 said:

    I'm in the minority that wouldn't mind giving a Saban the keys.

    But I don't want Chip Kelley or Arians. I want Saban as HC and a really good OC.

    I won't be upset if Saban comes here. I just don't see him staying more then 3 years. And if Haslem wants stability, then Saban might not be the best choice