Skip to content

Candidates

The Browns Board
141 39 8.0k
  • I'll take Bill O'Brien and David Caldwell

  • What Shanahan did in Houston and Washington makes him my top pick. We need someone with youth, charisma, and a creative offensive mindset. This guy is a premiere HC in the making, especially in this NFL era of explosive offenses.

  • Clearly, as a result of today's press conference the Browns want to go for a STRONG personality at the Head coach....and secondary at the GM position. Thus, here is some speculation on candidates for these positions: I believe the "strong" personality at HC points toward a fairly big name:

    Chip Kelly

    John Gruden

    Nick Saban

    Bill O'Brien

    Bruce Arians

    Guys that seem like "lesser lights", guys that don't seem quite as strong:

    Josh McDaniels

    Kyle Shanahan

    Greg Roman

    Ray Horton

    GM candidates:

    Mike Lombardi...I do think he would be able to take a subservient role to a strong HC.

    David Caldwell ...Atlanta Director of Player Personell

    Tom Gamble...49ers Director of PP

    Marc Ross...Giants Scouting Director

    John Dorsey...Packer Director of PP

    Brian Xander... Former Broncos GM

    Eric DeCosta...Ravens asst. GM

    Steve Keim...Card VP of PP

    Tom Telesco..Colts Dir. of PP

    @the-gipper said:

    Clearly, as a result of today's press conference the Browns want to go for a STRONG personality at the Head coach....and secondary at the GM position. Thus, here is some speculation on candidates for these positions: I believe the "strong" personality at HC points toward a fairly big name:

    Chip Kelly

    John Gruden

    Nick Saban

    Bill O'Brien

    Bruce Arians

    Guys that seem like "lesser lights", guys that don't seem quite as strong:

    Josh McDaniels

    Kyle Shanahan

    Greg Roman

    Ray Horton

    GM candidates:

    Mike Lombardi...I do think he would be able to take a subservient role to a strong HC.

    David Caldwell ...Atlanta Director of Player Personell

    Tom Gamble...49ers Director of PP

    Marc Ross...Giants Scouting Director

    John Dorsey...Packer Director of PP

    Brian Xander... Former Broncos GM

    Eric DeCosta...Ravens asst. GM

    Steve Keim...Card VP of PP

    Tom Telesco..Colts Dir. of PP

    There's 5 guys on that list I'll take in a heartbeat over Lombardi. If we hire this loser on as anything more than a waterboy, I'll puke.

  • Clearly, as a result of today's press conference the Browns want to go for a STRONG personality at the Head coach....and secondary at the GM position. Thus, here is some speculation on candidates for these positions: I believe the "strong" personality at HC points toward a fairly big name:

    Chip Kelly

    John Gruden

    Nick Saban

    Bill O'Brien

    Bruce Arians

    Guys that seem like "lesser lights", guys that don't seem quite as strong:

    Josh McDaniels

    Kyle Shanahan

    Greg Roman

    Ray Horton

    GM candidates:

    Mike Lombardi...I do think he would be able to take a subservient role to a strong HC.

    David Caldwell ...Atlanta Director of Player Personell

    Tom Gamble...49ers Director of PP

    Marc Ross...Giants Scouting Director

    John Dorsey...Packer Director of PP

    Brian Xander... Former Broncos GM

    Eric DeCosta...Ravens asst. GM

    Steve Keim...Card VP of PP

    Tom Telesco..Colts Dir. of PP

    @the-gipper said:

    Clearly, as a result of today's press conference the Browns want to go for a STRONG personality at the Head coach....and secondary at the GM position. Thus, here is some speculation on candidates for these positions: I believe the "strong" personality at HC points toward a fairly big name:

    Chip Kelly

    John Gruden

    Nick Saban

    Bill O'Brien

    Bruce Arians>>

    I'll take 'any of the above EXCEPT Saban.

    Hopefully, his squirrely asp stays in AL where it belongs.

  • >>GM candidates:

    Mike Lombardi...I do think he would be able to take a subservient role to a strong HC.

    David Caldwell ...Atlanta Director of Player Personell

    Tom Gamble...49ers Director of PP

    Marc Ross...Giants Scouting Director

    John Dorsey...Packer Director of PP

    Brian Xander... Former Broncos GM

    Eric DeCosta...Ravens asst. GM

    Steve Keim...Card VP of PP

    Tom Telesco..Colts Dir. of PP>>

    I'd take Dorsey in a heartbeat. When was the last time the Packers 'missed' on a draft pick?

  • Numero uno candidate is Cowher.........

    then Saban........then..........Kelly..............then Mcdaniels.......which my source is saying is the frontrunner.........though the L.Smith situation may have just muddled that up.

    The O'brien stuff is a hoot. Pure media mumbling.

  • This on Dirk Koetter: Per NFL.com

    Age: 53

    Current job: Offensive coordinator, Atlanta Falcons

    At one point, while he was serving as the Jaguars' offensive coordinator, it was widely speculated that Koetter was being groomed to take over for Jack Del Rio in Jacksonville. When things went south there and the team was sold, Koetter went down with the ship, then resurfaced this year in Atlanta, where he helped lead Matt Ryan to the best season of his young career. That he's innovative offensively and has worked intimately with quarterbacks will help his stock, as will the fact that he's been a head coach at Boise State and Arizona State.

  • Numero uno candidate is Cowher.........

    then Saban........then..........Kelly..............then Mcdaniels.......which my source is saying is the frontrunner.........though the L.Smith situation may have just muddled that up.

    The O'brien stuff is a hoot. Pure media mumbling.

    @hempman said:

    Numero uno candidate is Cowher.........

    then Saban........then..........Kelly..............then Mcdaniels.......which my source is saying is the frontrunner.........though the L.Smith situation may have just muddled that up.

    The O'brien stuff is a hoot. Pure media mumbling.

    The indication that Haslam and Banner want a "strong leader" has somewhat been a counter to the fact that they may want McDaniels....as it seems that he may have a reputation as NOT being a strong leader.

  • Glad we're not looking for a weak leader ...

    Z

  • Clearly, as a result of today's press conference the Browns want to go for a STRONG personality at the Head coach....and secondary at the GM position. Thus, here is some speculation on candidates for these positions: I believe the "strong" personality at HC points toward a fairly big name:

    Chip Kelly

    John Gruden

    Nick Saban

    Bill O'Brien

    Bruce Arians

    Guys that seem like "lesser lights", guys that don't seem quite as strong:

    Josh McDaniels

    Kyle Shanahan

    Greg Roman

    Ray Horton

    GM candidates:

    Mike Lombardi...I do think he would be able to take a subservient role to a strong HC.

    David Caldwell ...Atlanta Director of Player Personell

    Tom Gamble...49ers Director of PP

    Marc Ross...Giants Scouting Director

    John Dorsey...Packer Director of PP

    Brian Xander... Former Broncos GM

    Eric DeCosta...Ravens asst. GM

    Steve Keim...Card VP of PP

    Tom Telesco..Colts Dir. of PP

    @the-gipper said:

    Clearly, as a result of today's press conference the Browns want to go for a STRONG personality at the Head coach....and secondary at the GM position. Thus, here is some speculation on candidates for these positions: I believe the "strong" personality at HC points toward a fairly big name:

    Chip Kelly - great. we could have an NFL version of the oregon ducks? no thanks.

    John Gruden - ha! meth-head psycho coaching the browns.

    Nick Saban - doubt it.

    Bill O'Brien - really? when did he become a good coach? because he took over for joe pa and he did better than expected? a single season does not make a great coach.

    Bruce Arians - GTFOOH.

    clearly this is just 'your' speculation. hopefully there is no more than 2 of those guys on haslam and banner's 'list'.

    some of these names amaze me. do people just pull them out of a hat?

  • I'll take Seattle's D-coordinator Gus Bradley as head coach and Bring in Norv Turner as OC and A.J. Smith as GM. It's a wrap

  • I'll take Seattle's D-coordinator Gus Bradley as head coach and Bring in Norv Turner as OC and A.J. Smith as GM. It's a wrap

    @clevelandmilidh said:

    I'll take Seattle's D-coordinator Gus Bradley as head coach and Bring in Norv Turner as OC and A.J. Smith as GM. It's a wrap

    NO!!!

  • Glad we're not looking for a weak leader ...

    Z

    Zombo said:

    Glad were not looking for a weak leader ...

    Z

    LOL...that's what i was thinking.

    "I'd like to introduce the new coach of the Cleveland Browns, Caspar Milquetoast."

  • Glad we're not looking for a weak leader ...

    Z

    Zombo said:

    Glad were not looking for a weak leader ...

    Z

    we just fired a weak leader

  • I'll take Seattle's D-coordinator Gus Bradley as head coach and Bring in Norv Turner as OC and A.J. Smith as GM. It's a wrap

    @clevelandmilidh said:

    I'll take Seattle's D-coordinator Gus Bradley as head coach and Bring in Norv Turner as OC and A.J. Smith as GM. It's a wrap

    A.J. Smith?!?! FUCK NO!!! ARE YOU SMOKING CRACK MY MAN??

  • @clevelandmilidh said:

    I'll take Seattle's D-coordinator Gus Bradley as head coach and Bring in Norv Turner as OC and A.J. Smith as GM. It's a wrap

    A.J. Smith?!?! FUCK NO!!! ARE YOU SMOKING CRACK MY MAN??

    @slimdawg said:

    A.J. Smith?!?! FUCK NO!!! ARE YOU SMOKING CRACK MY MAN??

    Yea, one of the best talent evaluator's in the game...I must be on crack

  • @slimdawg said:

    A.J. Smith?!?! FUCK NO!!! ARE YOU SMOKING CRACK MY MAN??

    Yea, one of the best talent evaluator's in the game...I must be on crack

    @clevelandmilidh said:

    Yea, one of the best talent evaluator's in the game...I must be on crack

    I'm really not feeling you on that IMO he is not one of the best talent evaluators in the league

  • I want a candidate who hates field goals and screen passes!

    Per Twitter: ‏@AdamSchefter: Though he'd like to be an HC again one day, Pats OC Josh McDaniels notified teams Monday he will remain in NE, not interview for HC jobs now

    That's a relief!

  • @clevelandmilidh said:

    Yea, one of the best talent evaluator's in the game...I must be on crack

    I'm really not feeling you on that IMO he is not one of the best talent evaluators in the league

    @slimdawg said:

    I'm really not feeling you on that IMO he is not one of the best talent evaluators in the league

    He's drafted 4 QB's at San Diego. 2 being Drew Brees and Phillip Rivers. In that same about of time we've drafted atleast twice as many and none of them measure up to Brees or Rivers. 13 pro bowlers over 10 years drafted ain't two bad either.