Skip to content

Candidates

The Browns Board
141 39 8.0k
  • I'll take Seattle's D-coordinator Gus Bradley as head coach and Bring in Norv Turner as OC and A.J. Smith as GM. It's a wrap

  • I'll take Seattle's D-coordinator Gus Bradley as head coach and Bring in Norv Turner as OC and A.J. Smith as GM. It's a wrap

    @clevelandmilidh said:

    I'll take Seattle's D-coordinator Gus Bradley as head coach and Bring in Norv Turner as OC and A.J. Smith as GM. It's a wrap

    NO!!!

  • Glad we're not looking for a weak leader ...

    Z

    Zombo said:

    Glad were not looking for a weak leader ...

    Z

    LOL...that's what i was thinking.

    "I'd like to introduce the new coach of the Cleveland Browns, Caspar Milquetoast."

  • Glad we're not looking for a weak leader ...

    Z

    Zombo said:

    Glad were not looking for a weak leader ...

    Z

    we just fired a weak leader

  • I'll take Seattle's D-coordinator Gus Bradley as head coach and Bring in Norv Turner as OC and A.J. Smith as GM. It's a wrap

    @clevelandmilidh said:

    I'll take Seattle's D-coordinator Gus Bradley as head coach and Bring in Norv Turner as OC and A.J. Smith as GM. It's a wrap

    A.J. Smith?!?! FUCK NO!!! ARE YOU SMOKING CRACK MY MAN??

  • @clevelandmilidh said:

    I'll take Seattle's D-coordinator Gus Bradley as head coach and Bring in Norv Turner as OC and A.J. Smith as GM. It's a wrap

    A.J. Smith?!?! FUCK NO!!! ARE YOU SMOKING CRACK MY MAN??

    @slimdawg said:

    A.J. Smith?!?! FUCK NO!!! ARE YOU SMOKING CRACK MY MAN??

    Yea, one of the best talent evaluator's in the game...I must be on crack

  • @slimdawg said:

    A.J. Smith?!?! FUCK NO!!! ARE YOU SMOKING CRACK MY MAN??

    Yea, one of the best talent evaluator's in the game...I must be on crack

    @clevelandmilidh said:

    Yea, one of the best talent evaluator's in the game...I must be on crack

    I'm really not feeling you on that IMO he is not one of the best talent evaluators in the league

  • I want a candidate who hates field goals and screen passes!

    Per Twitter: ‏@AdamSchefter: Though he'd like to be an HC again one day, Pats OC Josh McDaniels notified teams Monday he will remain in NE, not interview for HC jobs now

    That's a relief!

  • @clevelandmilidh said:

    Yea, one of the best talent evaluator's in the game...I must be on crack

    I'm really not feeling you on that IMO he is not one of the best talent evaluators in the league

    @slimdawg said:

    I'm really not feeling you on that IMO he is not one of the best talent evaluators in the league

    He's drafted 4 QB's at San Diego. 2 being Drew Brees and Phillip Rivers. In that same about of time we've drafted atleast twice as many and none of them measure up to Brees or Rivers. 13 pro bowlers over 10 years drafted ain't two bad either.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Clearly, as a result of today's press conference the Browns want to go for a STRONG personality at the Head coach....and secondary at the GM position. Thus, here is some speculation on candidates for these positions: I believe the "strong" personality at HC points toward a fairly big name:

    Chip Kelly - great. we could have an NFL version of the oregon ducks? no thanks.

    John Gruden - ha! meth-head psycho coaching the browns.

    Nick Saban - doubt it.

    Bill O'Brien - really? when did he become a good coach? because he took over for joe pa and he did better than expected? a single season does not make a great coach.

    Bruce Arians - GTFOOH.

    clearly this is just 'your' speculation. hopefully there is no more than 2 of those guys on haslam and banner's 'list'.

    some of these names amaze me. do people just pull them out of a hat?

    @miktoxic said:

    clearly this is just 'your' speculation. hopefully there is no more than 2 of those guys on haslam and banner's 'list'.

    some of these names amaze me. do people just pull them out of a hat?

    Oh, yes, it is just my...and other's speculation. But I didn't pull them out of a hat. I got them from some of these so called NFL insider websites and the like.

    So, sure, it is possible the Browns could pull a Steelers when they hired Mike Tomlin. A guy that they thought they were just interviewing in order to fill the Rooney rule requirement, yet they were so impressed with him they decided to hire him. Sure, that could happen.

    Maybe that Ray Horton is that sort of guy.

    But, you are right. No one really knows except maybe 2 guys with the initials JH and JB. and maybe not even them.

  • Per Twitter: ‏@AdamSchefter: Though he'd like to be an HC again one day, Pats OC Josh McDaniels notified teams Monday he will remain in NE, not interview for HC jobs now.

    You know, it is highly possible that Bill Belichick has told McDaniels "I am only going to be around a couple or three more years and when I go, I am putting you in line to succeed me".

    This has been BB's 13th season with the Pats, and these days coaches just don't hang around that long. Andy Reid lasted 14 years with the Eagles. Cowher 15 with the Steelers. Fisher 17 with the Titans.

    BB may want to give McDaniels a year with Tom Brady at QB...or he may want to go out when Brady goes out.

    It is highly possible that BB may say to McDaniels "TB and I will go out together, and the time you have spent grooming Ryan Mallet will pay off for you because you and he will become the coach/QB combo that Brady and I have been.".

  • Per Twitter: ‏@AdamSchefter: Though he'd like to be an HC again one day, Pats OC Josh McDaniels notified teams Monday he will remain in NE, not interview for HC jobs now.

    You know, it is highly possible that Bill Belichick has told McDaniels "I am only going to be around a couple or three more years and when I go, I am putting you in line to succeed me".

    This has been BB's 13th season with the Pats, and these days coaches just don't hang around that long. Andy Reid lasted 14 years with the Eagles. Cowher 15 with the Steelers. Fisher 17 with the Titans.

    BB may want to give McDaniels a year with Tom Brady at QB...or he may want to go out when Brady goes out.

    It is highly possible that BB may say to McDaniels "TB and I will go out together, and the time you have spent grooming Ryan Mallet will pay off for you because you and he will become the coach/QB combo that Brady and I have been.".

    @the-gipper said:

    Per Twitter: ‏@AdamSchefter: Though he'd like to be an HC again one day, Pats OC Josh McDaniels notified teams Monday he will remain in NE, not interview for HC jobs now.

    You know, it is highly possible that Bill Belichick has told McDaniels "I am only going to be around a couple or three more years and when I go, I am putting you in line to succeed me".

    This has been BB's 13th season with the Pats, and these days coaches just don't hang around that long. Andy Reid lasted 14 years with the Eagles. Cowher 15 with the Steelers. Fisher 17 with the Titans.

    BB may want to give McDaniels a year with Tom Brady at QB...or he may want to go out when Brady goes out.

    It is highly possible that BB may say to McDaniels "TB and I will go out together, and the time you have spent grooming Ryan Mallet will pay off for you because you and he will become the coach/QB combo that Brady and I have been.".

    Would make sense for Bill since he was a POS coach before Brady and likely to be one again without him.

  • Guys i would love to see come to coach the browns that haslam/banner cant get..

    Chip Kelly

    Nick Saban

    Bill O'Brien

    John Gruden

    Guys i would be ok with that are somewhat more of a reality and perhaps in barter range of haslam/banner..

    Josh McDaniels

    Kyle Shanahan

    Bruce Arians

    Jay Gruden

    What we will end up with most likely isnt on this list..

    Banner/haslam are either moving slow and already behind the curve or have a couple specific people in mind that they want to take a look at but cant yet..

  • Guys i would love to see come to coach the browns that haslam/banner cant get..

    Chip Kelly

    Nick Saban

    Bill O'Brien

    John Gruden

    Guys i would be ok with that are somewhat more of a reality and perhaps in barter range of haslam/banner..

    Josh McDaniels

    Kyle Shanahan

    Bruce Arians

    Jay Gruden

    What we will end up with most likely isnt on this list..

    Banner/haslam are either moving slow and already behind the curve or have a couple specific people in mind that they want to take a look at but cant yet..

    @gips said:

    Guys i would love to see come to coach the browns that haslam/banner cant get..

    Chip Kelly

    Nick Saban

    Bill O'Brien

    John Gruden

    Guys i would be ok with that are somewhat more of a reality and perhaps in barter range of haslam/banner..

    Josh McDaniels

    Kyle Shanahan

    Bruce Arians

    Jay Gruden

    theres been a tweet the McDaniels is taking himself out of the running...and No to Saban...hes a carpet bagger.

  • I'll take Mike Mcoy as coach and NO LOMBARDI as GM and will be happy.

  • @gips said:

    Guys i would love to see come to coach the browns that haslam/banner cant get..

    Chip Kelly

    Nick Saban

    Bill O'Brien

    John Gruden

    Guys i would be ok with that are somewhat more of a reality and perhaps in barter range of haslam/banner..

    Josh McDaniels

    Kyle Shanahan

    Bruce Arians

    Jay Gruden

    theres been a tweet the McDaniels is taking himself out of the running...and No to Saban...hes a carpet bagger.

    @nickers said:

    theres been a tweet the McDaniels is taking himself out of the running...and No to Saban...hes a carpet bagger.

    Jimmy Donovan reported after the press conference that Saban is the top choice for Haslam and that TruckerJim is willing to offer Saban 10 million a year

    Carpet Bagger...OK...Come to Cleveland win 3 championships in 6 yrs like he gonna do in Tuscaloosa then move on...I'll take that

  • 10 million a year? That would be 3 more than Hoodie and 2 more than Payton I believe. NO thanks.

  • @hempman said:

    1356979911[/url]' post='320127']

    Numero uno candidate is Cowher.........

    then Saban........then..........Kelly..............then Mcdaniels.......which my source is saying is the frontrunner.........though the L.Smith situation may have just muddled that up.

    The O'brien stuff is a hoot. Pure media mumbling.

    I would break the bank for Cowher! But my next choice would be Kelly.

  • What makes you clowns think that Cowher wants to coach? The guy has his Super Bowl ring, he's got a nice cushy job for CBS where he doesn't have to work all that hard and is probably making some pretty good money. You really think he wants to come back to 16 hour work days and all the bull shit that comes with being an NFL coach? The guy had a great career as a head coach but I would be really afraid of a guy like that who is just in it for the money and not going to put in the work, he doesn't need to prove himself to anyone. Think Holmgren in Cleveland except you want Cowher to be the coach.

  • why does nobody want lovie smith?...i think hes a good coach...not trying to instigate or anything im just saying i wouldnt mind him being our coach