Candidates
-
Per Twitter: @AdamSchefter: Though he'd like to be an HC again one day, Pats OC Josh McDaniels notified teams Monday he will remain in NE, not interview for HC jobs now.
You know, it is highly possible that Bill Belichick has told McDaniels "I am only going to be around a couple or three more years and when I go, I am putting you in line to succeed me".
This has been BB's 13th season with the Pats, and these days coaches just don't hang around that long. Andy Reid lasted 14 years with the Eagles. Cowher 15 with the Steelers. Fisher 17 with the Titans.
BB may want to give McDaniels a year with Tom Brady at QB...or he may want to go out when Brady goes out.
It is highly possible that BB may say to McDaniels "TB and I will go out together, and the time you have spent grooming Ryan Mallet will pay off for you because you and he will become the coach/QB combo that Brady and I have been.".
Per Twitter: @AdamSchefter: Though he'd like to be an HC again one day, Pats OC Josh McDaniels notified teams Monday he will remain in NE, not interview for HC jobs now.
You know, it is highly possible that Bill Belichick has told McDaniels "I am only going to be around a couple or three more years and when I go, I am putting you in line to succeed me".
This has been BB's 13th season with the Pats, and these days coaches just don't hang around that long. Andy Reid lasted 14 years with the Eagles. Cowher 15 with the Steelers. Fisher 17 with the Titans.
BB may want to give McDaniels a year with Tom Brady at QB...or he may want to go out when Brady goes out.
It is highly possible that BB may say to McDaniels "TB and I will go out together, and the time you have spent grooming Ryan Mallet will pay off for you because you and he will become the coach/QB combo that Brady and I have been.".
Would make sense for Bill since he was a POS coach before Brady and likely to be one again without him.
-
Guys i would love to see come to coach the browns that haslam/banner cant get..
Chip Kelly
Nick Saban
Bill O'Brien
John Gruden
Guys i would be ok with that are somewhat more of a reality and perhaps in barter range of haslam/banner..
Josh McDaniels
Kyle Shanahan
Bruce Arians
Jay Gruden
What we will end up with most likely isnt on this list..
Banner/haslam are either moving slow and already behind the curve or have a couple specific people in mind that they want to take a look at but cant yet..
-
Guys i would love to see come to coach the browns that haslam/banner cant get..
Chip Kelly
Nick Saban
Bill O'Brien
John Gruden
Guys i would be ok with that are somewhat more of a reality and perhaps in barter range of haslam/banner..
Josh McDaniels
Kyle Shanahan
Bruce Arians
Jay Gruden
What we will end up with most likely isnt on this list..
Banner/haslam are either moving slow and already behind the curve or have a couple specific people in mind that they want to take a look at but cant yet..
Guys i would love to see come to coach the browns that haslam/banner cant get..
Chip Kelly
Nick Saban
Bill O'Brien
John Gruden
Guys i would be ok with that are somewhat more of a reality and perhaps in barter range of haslam/banner..
Josh McDaniels
Kyle Shanahan
Bruce Arians
Jay Gruden
theres been a tweet the McDaniels is taking himself out of the running...and No to Saban...hes a carpet bagger.
-
Guys i would love to see come to coach the browns that haslam/banner cant get..
Chip Kelly
Nick Saban
Bill O'Brien
John Gruden
Guys i would be ok with that are somewhat more of a reality and perhaps in barter range of haslam/banner..
Josh McDaniels
Kyle Shanahan
Bruce Arians
Jay Gruden
theres been a tweet the McDaniels is taking himself out of the running...and No to Saban...hes a carpet bagger.
theres been a tweet the McDaniels is taking himself out of the running...and No to Saban...hes a carpet bagger.
Jimmy Donovan reported after the press conference that Saban is the top choice for Haslam and that TruckerJim is willing to offer Saban 10 million a year
Carpet Bagger...OK...Come to Cleveland win 3 championships in 6 yrs like he gonna do in Tuscaloosa then move on...I'll take that
-
@hempman said:
1356979911[/url]' post='320127']Numero uno candidate is Cowher.........
then Saban........then..........Kelly..............then Mcdaniels.......which my source is saying is the frontrunner.........though the L.Smith situation may have just muddled that up.
The O'brien stuff is a hoot. Pure media mumbling.
I would break the bank for Cowher! But my next choice would be Kelly.
-
What makes you clowns think that Cowher wants to coach? The guy has his Super Bowl ring, he's got a nice cushy job for CBS where he doesn't have to work all that hard and is probably making some pretty good money. You really think he wants to come back to 16 hour work days and all the bull shit that comes with being an NFL coach? The guy had a great career as a head coach but I would be really afraid of a guy like that who is just in it for the money and not going to put in the work, he doesn't need to prove himself to anyone. Think Holmgren in Cleveland except you want Cowher to be the coach.
-
why does nobody want lovie smith?...i think hes a good coach...not trying to instigate or anything im just saying i wouldnt mind him being our coach
-
why does nobody want lovie smith?...i think hes a good coach...not trying to instigate or anything im just saying i wouldnt mind him being our coach
why does nobody want lovie smith?...i think hes a good coach...not trying to instigate or anything im just saying i wouldnt mind him being our coach
Lovie couldn't win with the likes of Cutler,Forte,Marshall,Urlacher,Pepper Johnson Hester some big time talent...I like the guy and think he'd get us to the playoff
just kinda think he's got the Shottenhiemer thing...just can't win the big one
-
why does nobody want lovie smith?...i think hes a good coach...not trying to instigate or anything im just saying i wouldnt mind him being our coach
Lovie couldn't win with the likes of Cutler,Forte,Marshall,Urlacher,Pepper Johnson Hester some big time talent...I like the guy and think he'd get us to the playoff
just kinda think he's got the Shottenhiemer thing...just can't win the big one
Lovie couldn't win with the likes of Cutler,Forte,Marshall,Urlacher,Pepper Johnson Hester some big time talent...I like the guy and think he'd get us to the playoff
just kinda think he's got the Shottenhiemer thing...just can't win the big one
As far as I'm concerned, "the big one" is win number 11.
-
theres been a tweet the McDaniels is taking himself out of the running...and No to Saban...hes a carpet bagger.
Jimmy Donovan reported after the press conference that Saban is the top choice for Haslam and that TruckerJim is willing to offer Saban 10 million a year
Carpet Bagger...OK...Come to Cleveland win 3 championships in 6 yrs like he gonna do in Tuscaloosa then move on...I'll take that
Jimmy Donovan reported after the press conference that Saban is the top choice for Haslam and that TruckerJim is willing to offer Saban 10 million a year
Carpet Bagger...OK...Come to Cleveland win 3 championships in 6 yrs like he gonna do in Tuscaloosa then move on...I'll take that
Um, Saban has already flopped once in the Pros, plus he's on the high side of 60. Bring in a young guy- Kid Shanahan fits my thinking. If you're hiring a guy for the long haul, Saban ain't it.
-
Two high-ranking #NFL personnel execs say Oregon HC Chip Kelly is the clear #1 choice for the Browns.
per Adam Caplan on twitter.
Two high-ranking #NFL personnel execs say Oregon HC Chip Kelly is the clear #1 choice for the Browns.
per Adam Caplan on twitter.
1) Don't believe a damn thing ESPN tweets.
2) Kelley pluses workaholic, smart.
3) Doubts hyperspeed Oregon offense will work in pros. Is he adaptable enough to fit scheme to talent?
-
Honestly I'd be happy with any of the following
1 - Arians - Do I need to expand upon this?
2 - Gruden - I know he is high on Weeden. I think an offseason with Weeden would be beneficial to both as well as the team and the fanbase. If anyone can reach him, I think it's Gruden.
3 - Saban - I'm in the camp that thinks he has one thing left to prove, and that's victory in the NFL. I hope so.
4 - O'Brien/Kelly - These guys did a stellar job with their respective teams. I feel that their talents would translate to the NFL.
5 - Shanahan - I think he may well be the next Harbaugh.
-
Can we please stop with Cowher, he is not coming to Cleveland. Neither is Gruden even thou we have a better chance in Gruden than Cowher. I do not understand the love affair with him. Because he coached for the Browns back in the day??
All I want so someone with some fire in the Belly. Yes Cowher did have that, but not anymore
Would I take Cowher 10 years ago?? Yes, now hell no
Would I take Holgrem 10 years agao?? Yes, now hell no
come on people
-
@AdamSchefter:
Syracuse HC Doug Marrone is scheduled to interview this week for Browns' HC and also will interview for Bills' HC.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login