Skip to content

Candidates

The Browns Board
141 39 8.0k
  • What makes you clowns think that Cowher wants to coach? The guy has his Super Bowl ring, he's got a nice cushy job for CBS where he doesn't have to work all that hard and is probably making some pretty good money. You really think he wants to come back to 16 hour work days and all the bull shit that comes with being an NFL coach? The guy had a great career as a head coach but I would be really afraid of a guy like that who is just in it for the money and not going to put in the work, he doesn't need to prove himself to anyone. Think Holmgren in Cleveland except you want Cowher to be the coach.

  • why does nobody want lovie smith?...i think hes a good coach...not trying to instigate or anything im just saying i wouldnt mind him being our coach

  • why does nobody want lovie smith?...i think hes a good coach...not trying to instigate or anything im just saying i wouldnt mind him being our coach

    @dawgeatsteel said:

    why does nobody want lovie smith?...i think hes a good coach...not trying to instigate or anything im just saying i wouldnt mind him being our coach

    Lovie couldn't win with the likes of Cutler,Forte,Marshall,Urlacher,Pepper Johnson Hester some big time talent...I like the guy and think he'd get us to the playoff

    just kinda think he's got the Shottenhiemer thing...just can't win the big one

  • @dawgeatsteel said:

    why does nobody want lovie smith?...i think hes a good coach...not trying to instigate or anything im just saying i wouldnt mind him being our coach

    Lovie couldn't win with the likes of Cutler,Forte,Marshall,Urlacher,Pepper Johnson Hester some big time talent...I like the guy and think he'd get us to the playoff

    just kinda think he's got the Shottenhiemer thing...just can't win the big one

    @brownb499 said:

    Lovie couldn't win with the likes of Cutler,Forte,Marshall,Urlacher,Pepper Johnson Hester some big time talent...I like the guy and think he'd get us to the playoff

    just kinda think he's got the Shottenhiemer thing...just can't win the big one

    As far as I'm concerned, "the big one" is win number 11.

  • @nickers said:

    theres been a tweet the McDaniels is taking himself out of the running...and No to Saban...hes a carpet bagger.

    Jimmy Donovan reported after the press conference that Saban is the top choice for Haslam and that TruckerJim is willing to offer Saban 10 million a year

    Carpet Bagger...OK...Come to Cleveland win 3 championships in 6 yrs like he gonna do in Tuscaloosa then move on...I'll take that

    @brownb499 said:

    Jimmy Donovan reported after the press conference that Saban is the top choice for Haslam and that TruckerJim is willing to offer Saban 10 million a year

    Carpet Bagger...OK...Come to Cleveland win 3 championships in 6 yrs like he gonna do in Tuscaloosa then move on...I'll take that

    Um, Saban has already flopped once in the Pros, plus he's on the high side of 60. Bring in a young guy- Kid Shanahan fits my thinking. If you're hiring a guy for the long haul, Saban ain't it.

  • Two high-ranking #NFL personnel execs say Oregon HC Chip Kelly is the clear #1 choice for the Browns.

    per Adam Caplan on twitter.

  • Two high-ranking #NFL personnel execs say Oregon HC Chip Kelly is the clear #1 choice for the Browns.

    per Adam Caplan on twitter.

    @mark-o said:

    Two high-ranking #NFL personnel execs say Oregon HC Chip Kelly is the clear #1 choice for the Browns.

    per Adam Caplan on twitter.

    1) Don't believe a damn thing ESPN tweets.

    2) Kelley pluses workaholic, smart.

    3) Doubts hyperspeed Oregon offense will work in pros. Is he adaptable enough to fit scheme to talent?

  • Adam Caplan works for NFL network if i'm not mistaken. I don't believe anything I read...but it is interesting to the discussion.

  • Honestly I'd be happy with any of the following

    1 - Arians - Do I need to expand upon this?

    2 - Gruden - I know he is high on Weeden. I think an offseason with Weeden would be beneficial to both as well as the team and the fanbase. If anyone can reach him, I think it's Gruden.

    3 - Saban - I'm in the camp that thinks he has one thing left to prove, and that's victory in the NFL. I hope so.

    4 - O'Brien/Kelly - These guys did a stellar job with their respective teams. I feel that their talents would translate to the NFL.

    5 - Shanahan - I think he may well be the next Harbaugh.

  • just saw on the ESPN bottom line that Shanahan is not going to allow any of his assistants to interview as long as the Skins are in the playoffs.

  • @AdamSchefter:

    Syracuse HC Doug Marrone is scheduled to interview this week for Browns' HC and also will interview for Bills' HC.

  • Can we please stop with Cowher, he is not coming to Cleveland. Neither is Gruden even thou we have a better chance in Gruden than Cowher. I do not understand the love affair with him. Because he coached for the Browns back in the day??

    All I want so someone with some fire in the Belly. Yes Cowher did have that, but not anymore

    Would I take Cowher 10 years ago?? Yes, now hell no

    Would I take Holgrem 10 years agao?? Yes, now hell no

    come on people

  • @AdamSchefter:

    Syracuse HC Doug Marrone is scheduled to interview this week for Browns' HC and also will interview for Bills' HC.

    @mark-o said:

    @AdamSchefter:

    Syracuse HC Doug Marrone is scheduled to interview this week for Browns' HC and also will interview for Bills' HC.

    Yeah, saw that too- and WTF???? Guy has a couple 8-5 seasons at Syracuse, "big" wins in the Pinstripe Bowl and all of a sudden, he's NFL HC material?

  • @mark-o said:

    @AdamSchefter:

    Syracuse HC Doug Marrone is scheduled to interview this week for Browns' HC and also will interview for Bills' HC.

    Yeah, saw that too- and WTF???? Guy has a couple 8-5 seasons at Syracuse, "big" wins in the Pinstripe Bowl and all of a sudden, he's NFL HC material?

    @hoorta said:

    Yeah, saw that too- and WTF???? Guy has a couple 8-5 seasons at Syracuse, "big" wins in the Pinstripe Bowl and all of a sudden, he's NFL HC material?

    I wonder the same thing you do. As I see it, any college coach should be dominant at that level to be considered as an NFL HC, but what do I know? We'll see.

    Mike

  • At this point, does it hurt to interview him? Probably not. All the guys we really want are either in the playoffs or preparing for bowl games. I wouldn't expect any big names in town for at least a week.

    Also, as per Adam Caplan on twitter

    Two high-ranking #NFL personnel execs say Oregon HC Chip Kelly is the clear #1 choice for the Browns.
  • At this point, does it hurt to interview him? Probably not. All the guys we really want are either in the playoffs or preparing for bowl games. I wouldn't expect any big names in town for at least a week.

    Also, as per Adam Caplan on twitter

    Two high-ranking #NFL personnel execs say Oregon HC Chip Kelly is the clear #1 choice for the Browns.

    @vaportrail said:

    At this point, does it hurt to interview him? Probably not. All the guys we really want are either in the playoffs or preparing for bowl games. I wouldn't expect any big names in town for at least a week.

    Also, as per Adam Caplan on twitter

    Chip Kelly would be a great hire. I still think it was a mistake to let Heckert go tho.

  • At this point, does it hurt to interview him? Probably not. All the guys we really want are either in the playoffs or preparing for bowl games. I wouldn't expect any big names in town for at least a week.

    Also, as per Adam Caplan on twitter

    Two high-ranking #NFL personnel execs say Oregon HC Chip Kelly is the clear #1 choice for the Browns.

    @vaportrail said:

    At this point, does it hurt to interview him? Probably not. All the guys we really want are either in the playoffs or preparing for bowl games. I wouldn't expect any big names in town for at least a week.

    Also, as per Adam Caplan on twitter

    Totally agree...SloLerner made a habit of falling in love with his first interview Romeo,Mangini,Holmgren...When you've sucked for this long getting several perspectives on how to

    fix this thing should be encouraged

  • Go get Lovie Smith! He got a raw deal in Chicago and took a team to the SB with friggin Rex Grossman and Kyle Orton running the show. We have the pieces in place and I would love to see him get our D going. He could bring Ron Rivera with him if he is fired in Carolina, or his former DC Rod Marinelli.

  • just saw on the ESPN bottom line that Shanahan is not going to allow any of his assistants to interview as long as the Skins are in the playoffs.

    @mark-o said:

    just saw on the ESPN bottom line that Shanahan is not going to allow any of his assistants to interview as long as the Skins are in the playoffs.

    go Seahawks!!!

  • Go get Lovie Smith! He got a raw deal in Chicago and took a team to the SB with friggin Rex Grossman and Kyle Orton running the show. We have the pieces in place and I would love to see him get our D going. He could bring Ron Rivera with him if he is fired in Carolina, or his former DC Rod Marinelli.

    @hate said:

    Go get Lovie Smith! He got a raw deal in Chicago and took a team to the SB with friggin Rex Grossman and Kyle Orton running the show. We have the pieces in place and I would love to see him get our D going. He could bring Ron Rivera with him if he is fired in Carolina, or his former DC Rod Marinelli.

    🙂 If nothing else, you interview Lovie to satisfy the Rozell rule. MHO is Lovie is Schottenheimer II.