New Coach Discussion
-
I'm 5 hours ahead of the rest of you being over here, so I've had longer to wait for the fucker to make up his mind. I kind of expected he would turn his back on us the longer it dragged on without an answer.
I've been reading all the sites and comments waiting for this shitty saga to end and the one thing that has come out of it is I'm sick of reading posts by arsehole fans of other teams mocking the browns and Cleveland in general.
Whoever we end up with has a duty to turn this team around and shove it to the rest of the fuckers who think we are a joke. I'm sick of us being a laughing stock and it has to end.
-
Lovie Smith.
-
I want a coach with winning NFL experience, we have had enough of rookie coaches with big bullshit promises. Lets spend the big bucks and find an NFL winning coach... Please!
I want a coach with winning NFL experience, we have had enough of rookie coaches with big bullshit promises. Lets spend the big bucks and find an NFL winning coach... Please!
Two things:
1) I think everyone wants a proven winning NFL head coach.
2) What you've done in the past has nothing to do with what do in the future. Look at Homgren. Fantastic, proven winner. Knows the NFL in and out. Sucks ass as team president.
-
I'll not judge Kelly, but if he was playing a game of Browns vs Eagles vs Oregon for bucks, I applaud Haslam & Banner for getting out. IMHO there are still some fine candidates out there such as Whisenhunt, Lovie (altho needs a SOLID OC with control of the O), Kyle Shanahan, & Mike McCoy. The Browns have a lot to offer in the way of young talent & a FO that will provide what the incoming HC needs to succeed.
Until I see the actual "done deal", all the Kelly speculation is nothing more than rumor. I DO think that whomever agrees to the Browns HC job will have made a wise decision. This is a young Team/Organization on the rise & that's a great opportunity.
Mike
-
I want a coach with winning NFL experience, we have had enough of rookie coaches with big bullshit promises. Lets spend the big bucks and find an NFL winning coach... Please!
I want a coach with winning NFL experience, we have had enough of rookie coaches with big bullshit promises. Lets spend the big bucks and find an NFL winning coach... Please!
I agree 100%. Kelly has zero experience being around an NFL team, evaluating talent at an NFL level and working with a GM, or trying to motivate guys who are out of college and making a (a very good)living playing the game. He is a gimmicky coach in a mediocre conference. I am not saying that he is doomed for failure, but I do believe that the Browns can find a candidate better suited to step in here- one not having to learn so much on the fly. Also, a coach will not be the panacea for this team. It will help, but there is still a talent void between the Browns and the top teams in the league. I am more worried about the GM position and lack of quality candidates who can step in and perform at the level that Heckert did for that position more-so than the coach. We are replacing a bad coach which should be fairly easy to upgrade. The same cannot be said for replacing Tom.
-
Kyle Shanahan seems like a good candidate that I haven't heard a lot of buzz about. What are people's thought on him? Why isn't he more on the radar? Just because his team is still in the playoffs or do people not think he has the stuff to be a good head coach?
-
Breaking - Tim Couch Pulls Out's asshole is #Brown
Breaking - Tim Couch Pulls Out's asshole is #Brown
LOL.... pretty sure this sailed over a few heads...
Ain't over till it's over. Personally, I'd tell Haslam to cool the jets if Kelly stiffs them, and wait until after Sunday, assuming the Seahawks can beat the Redskins. IMO Kyle Shanahan is more attractive than Kelly.
INteresting name, but I've heard Kyle ain't going nowhere... gonna stay under Daddy until Daddy retires and hands the team to him.
Short attention spans should recall Brian Billick stiffed the Browns on the way to the Ratbirds for a better opportunity. Only plus the Beagles can offer is they have a qb tailor made to run Kelly's offense.
You're forgetting Thad...

That article is a good read for everyone in this situation
Yes... especially those who can read it by light of their on-fire hair...
-
Kelly left Tampa bay at the altar last year - no power over personnel as his reason...
Kelly aint NFL proven to have such power..
Glad hes not our guy anyway
take the visor experiment elsewhere
-
@king-ghoolie-lives said:
You guys are missing the real story, although a poster or two has touched upon it.
The BIG issue is not whether or not Chip Kelly will be good or not, nobody has such a chrystal ball. The real issue is that The CLeveland Browns are not able to land ANYONE they really want, whether it be a HC or a FA player.
Nobody of any value wants to play or work in Cleveland. Why is this? Certainly, speaking for myself, if I had to move to teh Cleveland area I would resent it and be depressed. This is not exactly a place that has a lot to offer people.
Is that the only reason we can't get top players and coaches?
Hey, common now! We got a Casino, cigars, women in hose, etc.
-
@king-ghoolie-lives said:
You guys are missing the real story, although a poster or two has touched upon it.
The BIG issue is not whether or not Chip Kelly will be good or not, nobody has such a chrystal ball. The real issue is that The CLeveland Browns are not able to land ANYONE they really want, whether it be a HC or a FA player.
Nobody of any value wants to play or work in Cleveland. Why is this? Certainly, speaking for myself, if I had to move to teh Cleveland area I would resent it and be depressed. This is not exactly a place that has a lot to offer people.
Is that the only reason we can't get top players and coaches?
Nah- as was stated in this thread- besides commitment issues- a good reason may be Kelly is using the NFL as leverage to get a big raise from Phil Knight. Who happens to be an Oregon alum, owns Nike, and has tossed tens of millions into the university. All those cool Duck unis are from Nike- for free.

-
@king-ghoolie-lives said:
You guys are missing the real story, although a poster or two has touched upon it.
The BIG issue is not whether or not Chip Kelly will be good or not, nobody has such a chrystal ball. The real issue is that The CLeveland Browns are not able to land ANYONE they really want, whether it be a HC or a FA player.
Nobody of any value wants to play or work in Cleveland. Why is this? Certainly, speaking for myself, if I had to move to teh Cleveland area I would resent it and be depressed. This is not exactly a place that has a lot to offer people.
Is that the only reason we can't get top players and coaches?
Green Bay really aint all that either..... and success lives there!
-
I'm about 85% sure Lovie's name was supposed to be Louie but his mom's handwriting is terrible.
-
@king-ghoolie-lives said:
You guys are missing the real story, although a poster or two has touched upon it.
The BIG issue is not whether or not Chip Kelly will be good or not, nobody has such a chrystal ball. The real issue is that The CLeveland Browns are not able to land ANYONE they really want, whether it be a HC or a FA player.
Nobody of any value wants to play or work in Cleveland. Why is this? Certainly, speaking for myself, if I had to move to teh Cleveland area I would resent it and be depressed. This is not exactly a place that has a lot to offer people.
Is that the only reason we can't get top players and coaches?
Green Bay really aint all that either..... and success lives there!
Green Bay really aint all that either..... and success lives there!
Agreed 100%. Green Bay. What is there. Nothing. Cleveland is a great town. There is a lot to do in the area. And Haslam I thnk is going to change that.
-
@king-ghoolie-lives said:
You guys are missing the real story, although a poster or two has touched upon it.
The BIG issue is not whether or not Chip Kelly will be good or not, nobody has such a chrystal ball. The real issue is that The CLeveland Browns are not able to land ANYONE they really want, whether it be a HC or a FA player.
Nobody of any value wants to play or work in Cleveland. Why is this? Certainly, speaking for myself, if I had to move to teh Cleveland area I would resent it and be depressed. This is not exactly a place that has a lot to offer people.
Is that the only reason we can't get top players and coaches?
Green Bay really aint all that either..... and success lives there!
Green Bay really aint all that either..... and success lives there!
Neither is Buffalo and they signed the biggest defensive FA last year
-
Not too mention pittspuke. That town is WAY more depressing then Cleveland.
-
Not too mention pittspuke. That town is WAY more depressing then Cleveland.
lol
-
@halfsane said:
1357488591[/url]' post='321201']Lombardi is hunting that kelly might stay at Oregon. If so, why does he carry out the wild goose chase like this?
He did this shit to the Bucs last year! 9-10 hr interview and then stayed at Oregon. It seeming he likes those free meals and likes a lot of attention. I mean 7-8 hr interview with the Browns, then 10-11 hr interview with Philly. He can go back to Oregon for all I care, f- him! It seemingly all about him.
Time to move on IMO. Like to see Lovie here
He did this shit to the Bucs last year! 9-10 hr interview and then stayed at Oregon. It seeming he likes those free meals and likes a lot of attention. I mean 7-8 hr interview with the Browns, then 10-11 hr interview with Philly. He can go back to Oregon for all I care, f- him! It seemingly all about him.
Time to move on IMO. Like to see Lovie here
Why would Kelly do that? Because he already makes $3 million a year at Oregon. Phil Knight has a net worth of $13 billion, he can easily spend a few more million a year to keep Kelly at Oregon.
However, if it's true that Kelly's real goal in life is to win a Super Bowl, he's not winning friends and influencing people in the NFL dicking around on interviews.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login