Skip to content

New Coach Discussion

The Browns Board
258 66 14.3k
  • Kelly left Tampa bay at the altar last year - no power over personnel as his reason...

    Kelly aint NFL proven to have such power..

    Glad hes not our guy anyway

    take the visor experiment elsewhere

  • @king-ghoolie-lives said:

    You guys are missing the real story, although a poster or two has touched upon it.

    The BIG issue is not whether or not Chip Kelly will be good or not, nobody has such a chrystal ball. The real issue is that The CLeveland Browns are not able to land ANYONE they really want, whether it be a HC or a FA player.

    Nobody of any value wants to play or work in Cleveland. Why is this? Certainly, speaking for myself, if I had to move to teh Cleveland area I would resent it and be depressed. This is not exactly a place that has a lot to offer people.

    Is that the only reason we can't get top players and coaches?

    Hey, common now! We got a Casino, cigars, women in hose, etc.

  • @king-ghoolie-lives said:

    You guys are missing the real story, although a poster or two has touched upon it.

    The BIG issue is not whether or not Chip Kelly will be good or not, nobody has such a chrystal ball. The real issue is that The CLeveland Browns are not able to land ANYONE they really want, whether it be a HC or a FA player.

    Nobody of any value wants to play or work in Cleveland. Why is this? Certainly, speaking for myself, if I had to move to teh Cleveland area I would resent it and be depressed. This is not exactly a place that has a lot to offer people.

    Is that the only reason we can't get top players and coaches?

    Nah- as was stated in this thread- besides commitment issues- a good reason may be Kelly is using the NFL as leverage to get a big raise from Phil Knight. Who happens to be an Oregon alum, owns Nike, and has tossed tens of millions into the university. All those cool Duck unis are from Nike- for free. 😕

  • Why haven't the Browns interviewed Lovie Smith yet? He had success in Chicago without a truly great QB. I also like what I've heard about McCoy from Denver.

  • @king-ghoolie-lives said:

    You guys are missing the real story, although a poster or two has touched upon it.

    The BIG issue is not whether or not Chip Kelly will be good or not, nobody has such a chrystal ball. The real issue is that The CLeveland Browns are not able to land ANYONE they really want, whether it be a HC or a FA player.

    Nobody of any value wants to play or work in Cleveland. Why is this? Certainly, speaking for myself, if I had to move to teh Cleveland area I would resent it and be depressed. This is not exactly a place that has a lot to offer people.

    Is that the only reason we can't get top players and coaches?

    Green Bay really aint all that either..... and success lives there!

  • I'm about 85% sure Lovie's name was supposed to be Louie but his mom's handwriting is terrible.

  • @king-ghoolie-lives said:

    You guys are missing the real story, although a poster or two has touched upon it.

    The BIG issue is not whether or not Chip Kelly will be good or not, nobody has such a chrystal ball. The real issue is that The CLeveland Browns are not able to land ANYONE they really want, whether it be a HC or a FA player.

    Nobody of any value wants to play or work in Cleveland. Why is this? Certainly, speaking for myself, if I had to move to teh Cleveland area I would resent it and be depressed. This is not exactly a place that has a lot to offer people.

    Is that the only reason we can't get top players and coaches?

    Green Bay really aint all that either..... and success lives there!

    @fairhooker11 said:

    Green Bay really aint all that either..... and success lives there!

    Agreed 100%. Green Bay. What is there. Nothing. Cleveland is a great town. There is a lot to do in the area. And Haslam I thnk is going to change that.

  • @king-ghoolie-lives said:

    You guys are missing the real story, although a poster or two has touched upon it.

    The BIG issue is not whether or not Chip Kelly will be good or not, nobody has such a chrystal ball. The real issue is that The CLeveland Browns are not able to land ANYONE they really want, whether it be a HC or a FA player.

    Nobody of any value wants to play or work in Cleveland. Why is this? Certainly, speaking for myself, if I had to move to teh Cleveland area I would resent it and be depressed. This is not exactly a place that has a lot to offer people.

    Is that the only reason we can't get top players and coaches?

    Green Bay really aint all that either..... and success lives there!

    @fairhooker11 said:

    Green Bay really aint all that either..... and success lives there!

    Neither is Buffalo and they signed the biggest defensive FA last year

  • Not too mention pittspuke. That town is WAY more depressing then Cleveland.

  • Not too mention pittspuke. That town is WAY more depressing then Cleveland.

    @browns149 said:

    Not too mention pittspuke. That town is WAY more depressing then Cleveland.

    lol

  • @halfsane said:

    1357488591[/url]' post='321201']

    Lombardi is hunting that kelly might stay at Oregon. If so, why does he carry out the wild goose chase like this?

    He did this shit to the Bucs last year! 9-10 hr interview and then stayed at Oregon. It seeming he likes those free meals and likes a lot of attention. I mean 7-8 hr interview with the Browns, then 10-11 hr interview with Philly. He can go back to Oregon for all I care, f- him! It seemingly all about him.

    Time to move on IMO. Like to see Lovie here

    @dawg08 said:

    He did this shit to the Bucs last year! 9-10 hr interview and then stayed at Oregon. It seeming he likes those free meals and likes a lot of attention. I mean 7-8 hr interview with the Browns, then 10-11 hr interview with Philly. He can go back to Oregon for all I care, f- him! It seemingly all about him.

    Time to move on IMO. Like to see Lovie here

    Why would Kelly do that? Because he already makes $3 million a year at Oregon. Phil Knight has a net worth of $13 billion, he can easily spend a few more million a year to keep Kelly at Oregon.

    However, if it's true that Kelly's real goal in life is to win a Super Bowl, he's not winning friends and influencing people in the NFL dicking around on interviews.

  • get Mike McCoy from Denver

  • I don't think this is a bad situation at all.

    It shows Haslam is interested in putting the Browns front-and-center of top-notch moves.. however, I also don't think Chip Kelly is a fit with the NFL.

    I actually chalk this up to Haslam learning more about the business of the NFL. I'd take Whisenhunt or L.Smith over Kelly in a heartbeat.. and still hold out hope that either of those will be the next HC.

    Thanks to the Bills for signing the dude from Syracuse.. I didn't want him.

  • I don't think this is a bad situation at all.

    It shows Haslam is interested in putting the Browns front-and-center of top-notch moves.. however, I also don't think Chip Kelly is a fit with the NFL.

    I actually chalk this up to Haslam learning more about the business of the NFL. I'd take Whisenhunt or L.Smith over Kelly in a heartbeat.. and still hold out hope that either of those will be the next HC.

    Thanks to the Bills for signing the dude from Syracuse.. I didn't want him.

    @unsympathetic said:

    I don't think this is a bad situation at all.

    It shows Haslam is interested in putting the Browns front-and-center of top-notch moves.. however, I also don't think Chip Kelly is a fit with the NFL.

    I actually chalk this up to Haslam learning more about the business of the NFL. I'd take Whisenhunt or L.Smith over Kelly in a heartbeat.. and still hold out hope that either of those will be the next HC.

    Thanks to the Bills for signing the dude from Syracuse.. I didn't want him.

    The Whiz is it, telling you the guy is a great coach!!!!! Pro style Offense, Weeden would look great and TRich will go off next year!!!!

  • @unsympathetic said:

    I don't think this is a bad situation at all.

    It shows Haslam is interested in putting the Browns front-and-center of top-notch moves.. however, I also don't think Chip Kelly is a fit with the NFL.

    I actually chalk this up to Haslam learning more about the business of the NFL. I'd take Whisenhunt or L.Smith over Kelly in a heartbeat.. and still hold out hope that either of those will be the next HC.

    Thanks to the Bills for signing the dude from Syracuse.. I didn't want him.

    The Whiz is it, telling you the guy is a great coach!!!!! Pro style Offense, Weeden would look great and TRich will go off next year!!!!

    @tampadawgs said:

    The Whiz is it, telling you the guy is a great coach!!!!! Pro style Offense, Weeden would look great and TRich will go off next year!!!!

    bring Larry Fitzgerald too!

  • Just out of curiosity, why is nobody talking about Lovie Smith? The guy is the most qualified coach on the market that I have seen in years. Winning record for his nine seasons in Chicago, and a Super Bowl appearance. He would also fit right in this division. No he is not an offensive minded coach, but that's what they have OFFENSIVE COORDINATORS for.

  • why cant we delete these threads that are completely speculation and just make a Browns Coaches thread. Most other boards admins just delete or move then thread.

  • and you are awesome!!!

  • I don't get why in the hell anyone would want Whisenhunt.

    Seems like every Browns fan has a raging hard on to want and try to emulate the Steelers, fuck the Steelers, we are the Browns let's set the standard and not try to emulate our rivals, that's just weak.

    Arizona caught lightning in a bottle and their QB had a resurgence and took them to the Superbowl 5 years ago, and that was Dennis Green's team.

    Arizona started off hot this year then this guys team packed their bags and quit on him and they were blown out 58-0.

    Ken Whisenhunt, no thanks.

  • First time poster here. Thought this was a very intriguing read about the head coach situation. Guess we will have to wait and see if it works out this way or not.

    Go Browns

    http://dawgpoundbites.wordpress.com/2013/01/06/saban-to-browns-not-as-crazy-as-it-may-sound/