Skip to content

New Coach Discussion

The Browns Board
258 66 14.3k
  • Not too mention pittspuke. That town is WAY more depressing then Cleveland.

  • Not too mention pittspuke. That town is WAY more depressing then Cleveland.

    @browns149 said:

    Not too mention pittspuke. That town is WAY more depressing then Cleveland.

    lol

  • @halfsane said:

    1357488591[/url]' post='321201']

    Lombardi is hunting that kelly might stay at Oregon. If so, why does he carry out the wild goose chase like this?

    He did this shit to the Bucs last year! 9-10 hr interview and then stayed at Oregon. It seeming he likes those free meals and likes a lot of attention. I mean 7-8 hr interview with the Browns, then 10-11 hr interview with Philly. He can go back to Oregon for all I care, f- him! It seemingly all about him.

    Time to move on IMO. Like to see Lovie here

    @dawg08 said:

    He did this shit to the Bucs last year! 9-10 hr interview and then stayed at Oregon. It seeming he likes those free meals and likes a lot of attention. I mean 7-8 hr interview with the Browns, then 10-11 hr interview with Philly. He can go back to Oregon for all I care, f- him! It seemingly all about him.

    Time to move on IMO. Like to see Lovie here

    Why would Kelly do that? Because he already makes $3 million a year at Oregon. Phil Knight has a net worth of $13 billion, he can easily spend a few more million a year to keep Kelly at Oregon.

    However, if it's true that Kelly's real goal in life is to win a Super Bowl, he's not winning friends and influencing people in the NFL dicking around on interviews.

  • get Mike McCoy from Denver

  • I don't think this is a bad situation at all.

    It shows Haslam is interested in putting the Browns front-and-center of top-notch moves.. however, I also don't think Chip Kelly is a fit with the NFL.

    I actually chalk this up to Haslam learning more about the business of the NFL. I'd take Whisenhunt or L.Smith over Kelly in a heartbeat.. and still hold out hope that either of those will be the next HC.

    Thanks to the Bills for signing the dude from Syracuse.. I didn't want him.

  • I don't think this is a bad situation at all.

    It shows Haslam is interested in putting the Browns front-and-center of top-notch moves.. however, I also don't think Chip Kelly is a fit with the NFL.

    I actually chalk this up to Haslam learning more about the business of the NFL. I'd take Whisenhunt or L.Smith over Kelly in a heartbeat.. and still hold out hope that either of those will be the next HC.

    Thanks to the Bills for signing the dude from Syracuse.. I didn't want him.

    @unsympathetic said:

    I don't think this is a bad situation at all.

    It shows Haslam is interested in putting the Browns front-and-center of top-notch moves.. however, I also don't think Chip Kelly is a fit with the NFL.

    I actually chalk this up to Haslam learning more about the business of the NFL. I'd take Whisenhunt or L.Smith over Kelly in a heartbeat.. and still hold out hope that either of those will be the next HC.

    Thanks to the Bills for signing the dude from Syracuse.. I didn't want him.

    The Whiz is it, telling you the guy is a great coach!!!!! Pro style Offense, Weeden would look great and TRich will go off next year!!!!

  • @unsympathetic said:

    I don't think this is a bad situation at all.

    It shows Haslam is interested in putting the Browns front-and-center of top-notch moves.. however, I also don't think Chip Kelly is a fit with the NFL.

    I actually chalk this up to Haslam learning more about the business of the NFL. I'd take Whisenhunt or L.Smith over Kelly in a heartbeat.. and still hold out hope that either of those will be the next HC.

    Thanks to the Bills for signing the dude from Syracuse.. I didn't want him.

    The Whiz is it, telling you the guy is a great coach!!!!! Pro style Offense, Weeden would look great and TRich will go off next year!!!!

    @tampadawgs said:

    The Whiz is it, telling you the guy is a great coach!!!!! Pro style Offense, Weeden would look great and TRich will go off next year!!!!

    bring Larry Fitzgerald too!

  • Just out of curiosity, why is nobody talking about Lovie Smith? The guy is the most qualified coach on the market that I have seen in years. Winning record for his nine seasons in Chicago, and a Super Bowl appearance. He would also fit right in this division. No he is not an offensive minded coach, but that's what they have OFFENSIVE COORDINATORS for.

  • why cant we delete these threads that are completely speculation and just make a Browns Coaches thread. Most other boards admins just delete or move then thread.

  • and you are awesome!!!

  • I don't get why in the hell anyone would want Whisenhunt.

    Seems like every Browns fan has a raging hard on to want and try to emulate the Steelers, fuck the Steelers, we are the Browns let's set the standard and not try to emulate our rivals, that's just weak.

    Arizona caught lightning in a bottle and their QB had a resurgence and took them to the Superbowl 5 years ago, and that was Dennis Green's team.

    Arizona started off hot this year then this guys team packed their bags and quit on him and they were blown out 58-0.

    Ken Whisenhunt, no thanks.

  • First time poster here. Thought this was a very intriguing read about the head coach situation. Guess we will have to wait and see if it works out this way or not.

    Go Browns

    http://dawgpoundbites.wordpress.com/2013/01/06/saban-to-browns-not-as-crazy-as-it-may-sound/

  • lol it'll never happen

  • Whoever wrote this wasted a whole lot of their time and mine for reading it... thanks

  • there is a lot of "assuming" going on in that article

  • i thought we grouped all the stoopid rumor threads into one big stoopid rumor thread?

    saban would be giving up one of the best jobs in the country for one of the worse. sure he might want to prove something to himself but the clock is ticking and i don't think he'd want to take a chance and end up with a big fat fail at the end of his career.

  • Here's MKC's story on the Browns pulling themselves out of the Chip Kelly discussion....

    http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2013/01/browns_walk_away_from_chip_kel.html

  • I tried to keep them all in one place...and then some newbie homo comes along and starts a new thread.

    They're back to being all in one place.

  • I tried to keep them all in one place...and then some newbie homo comes along and starts a new thread.

    They're back to being all in one place.

    @mark-o said:

    I tried to keep them all in one place...and then some newbie homo comes along and starts a new thread.

    They're back to being all in one place.

    haa.

  • Here's MKC's story on the Browns pulling themselves out of the Chip Kelly discussion....

    http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2013/01/browns_walk_away_from_chip_kel.html

    @mark-o said:

    Here's MKC's story on the Browns pulling themselves out of the Chip Kelly discussion....

    http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2013/01/browns_walk_away_from_chip_kel.html

    Yeah, saw it Mark. Like I said earlier, Knight probably waved another $5 million at Chip and said "come on back to Eugene". Some on the PD site take it as being damage control, but if I'm Haslam, I'm not happy cooling my heels in Arizona waiting for a guy to show up, and I get a "sorry, I can't make up my mind" call.