New Coach Discussion
-
get Mike McCoy from Denver
-
I don't think this is a bad situation at all.
It shows Haslam is interested in putting the Browns front-and-center of top-notch moves.. however, I also don't think Chip Kelly is a fit with the NFL.
I actually chalk this up to Haslam learning more about the business of the NFL. I'd take Whisenhunt or L.Smith over Kelly in a heartbeat.. and still hold out hope that either of those will be the next HC.
Thanks to the Bills for signing the dude from Syracuse.. I didn't want him.
-
I don't think this is a bad situation at all.
It shows Haslam is interested in putting the Browns front-and-center of top-notch moves.. however, I also don't think Chip Kelly is a fit with the NFL.
I actually chalk this up to Haslam learning more about the business of the NFL. I'd take Whisenhunt or L.Smith over Kelly in a heartbeat.. and still hold out hope that either of those will be the next HC.
Thanks to the Bills for signing the dude from Syracuse.. I didn't want him.
I don't think this is a bad situation at all.
It shows Haslam is interested in putting the Browns front-and-center of top-notch moves.. however, I also don't think Chip Kelly is a fit with the NFL.
I actually chalk this up to Haslam learning more about the business of the NFL. I'd take Whisenhunt or L.Smith over Kelly in a heartbeat.. and still hold out hope that either of those will be the next HC.
Thanks to the Bills for signing the dude from Syracuse.. I didn't want him.
The Whiz is it, telling you the guy is a great coach!!!!! Pro style Offense, Weeden would look great and TRich will go off next year!!!!
-
I don't think this is a bad situation at all.
It shows Haslam is interested in putting the Browns front-and-center of top-notch moves.. however, I also don't think Chip Kelly is a fit with the NFL.
I actually chalk this up to Haslam learning more about the business of the NFL. I'd take Whisenhunt or L.Smith over Kelly in a heartbeat.. and still hold out hope that either of those will be the next HC.
Thanks to the Bills for signing the dude from Syracuse.. I didn't want him.
The Whiz is it, telling you the guy is a great coach!!!!! Pro style Offense, Weeden would look great and TRich will go off next year!!!!
The Whiz is it, telling you the guy is a great coach!!!!! Pro style Offense, Weeden would look great and TRich will go off next year!!!!
bring Larry Fitzgerald too!
-
Just out of curiosity, why is nobody talking about Lovie Smith? The guy is the most qualified coach on the market that I have seen in years. Winning record for his nine seasons in Chicago, and a Super Bowl appearance. He would also fit right in this division. No he is not an offensive minded coach, but that's what they have OFFENSIVE COORDINATORS for.
-
why cant we delete these threads that are completely speculation and just make a Browns Coaches thread. Most other boards admins just delete or move then thread.
-
and you are awesome!!!
-
I don't get why in the hell anyone would want Whisenhunt.
Seems like every Browns fan has a raging hard on to want and try to emulate the Steelers, fuck the Steelers, we are the Browns let's set the standard and not try to emulate our rivals, that's just weak.
Arizona caught lightning in a bottle and their QB had a resurgence and took them to the Superbowl 5 years ago, and that was Dennis Green's team.
Arizona started off hot this year then this guys team packed their bags and quit on him and they were blown out 58-0.
Ken Whisenhunt, no thanks.
-
First time poster here. Thought this was a very intriguing read about the head coach situation. Guess we will have to wait and see if it works out this way or not.
Go Browns
http://dawgpoundbites.wordpress.com/2013/01/06/saban-to-browns-not-as-crazy-as-it-may-sound/
-
Whoever wrote this wasted a whole lot of their time and mine for reading it... thanks
-
there is a lot of "assuming" going on in that article
-
i thought we grouped all the stoopid rumor threads into one big stoopid rumor thread?
saban would be giving up one of the best jobs in the country for one of the worse. sure he might want to prove something to himself but the clock is ticking and i don't think he'd want to take a chance and end up with a big fat fail at the end of his career.
-
Here's MKC's story on the Browns pulling themselves out of the Chip Kelly discussion....
http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2013/01/browns_walk_away_from_chip_kel.html
-
I tried to keep them all in one place...and then some newbie homo comes along and starts a new thread.
They're back to being all in one place.
-
Here's MKC's story on the Browns pulling themselves out of the Chip Kelly discussion....
http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2013/01/browns_walk_away_from_chip_kel.html
Here's MKC's story on the Browns pulling themselves out of the Chip Kelly discussion....
http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2013/01/browns_walk_away_from_chip_kel.html
Yeah, saw it Mark. Like I said earlier, Knight probably waved another $5 million at Chip and said "come on back to Eugene". Some on the PD site take it as being damage control, but if I'm Haslam, I'm not happy cooling my heels in Arizona waiting for a guy to show up, and I get a "sorry, I can't make up my mind" call.
-
I think Haslam made the right choice here. I'm sure we offered him plenty to be the coach and if he doesn't want to take it, screw him. As much as I liked him, it was no guarentee that he was going to be a success. Move on to someone else. I still like Kyle Shanahan and even though I'd like an offensive coach, I like the idea of Zimmer from Cincy.
-
At this point, I'd like to see them interview Kyle Shanahan, Mike Zimmer, & Mike McCoy (after the Super Bowl if we still have the opening). Time will tell, but it's fun watching the Browns hierarchy interview more than ONE HC candidate. Haslam & Banner are finally bringing some credibility & professionalism back to the Browns.
Mike
-
At this point, I'd like to see them interview Kyle Shanahan, Mike Zimmer, & Mike McCoy (after the Super Bowl if we still have the opening). Time will tell, but it's fun watching the Browns hierarchy interview more than ONE HC candidate. Haslam & Banner are finally bringing some credibility & professionalism back to the Browns.
Mike
At this point, I'd like to see them interview Kyle Shanahan, Mike Zimmer, & Mike McCoy (after the Super Bowl if we still have the opening). Time will tell, but it's fun watching the Browns hierarchy interview more than ONE HC candidate. Haslam & Banner are finally bringing some credibility & professionalism back to the Browns.
Mike
Haslam and Banner have been all talk...So far they act like a gutless duo of nincompoops
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better đź’—
Register Login