Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. The Browns Board
  3. Browns To Interview

Browns To Interview

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved The Browns Board
77 Posts 35 Posters 4.7k Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • why cant we win W
    • 467 Posts
    • 3 Reputation
    W why cant we win wrote on last edited by
    #1

    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8820776/marc-trestman-cleveland-browns-talk-reports

    CLEVELAND -- The Cleveland Browns will meet with Marc Trestman, coach of the CFL's Montreal Alouettes, on Monday, according to multiple reports.

    The Browns reportedly have scheduled their meeting with Trestman in Chicago, where the Chicago Bears also have an interview scheduled with the coach on Monday, sources told ESPN.

    Trestman's resume includes extensive time as an NFL offensive assistant. He has been with Montreal since 2008, leading the Alouettes to two CFL titles in his five seasons.

    With Trestman recently signing an extension with the Alouettes that takes his deal through 2016, it's unknown whether he'll be allowed out of his CFL contract if an NFL team decides to hire him.

    A source with the Alouettes indicated to ESPNChicago.com that it's likely Trestman would be allowed out of his contract because the team's ownership is "usually pretty good about stuff like that ... although Marc just signed a new extension this year. So I don't know if that might hold things up."

    The source added Trestman "works well with a front office" and is "a player's coach for sure."

    The Browns met late last week with Chip Kelly but decided to reboot their search for a coach after leaving Arizona late Sunday morning without landing the Oregon coach, sources told ESPN.

    Kelly has decided to turn down a chance to go to the NFL and instead will return to the Ducks, league sources told ESPN.

    Kelly was intrigued with the Philadelphia Eagles' head coaching job but decided he wasn't comfortable leaving the college game, the sources said.

    Trestman possesses considerable experience in the NFL, where he's worked on staffs tutoring quarterbacks such as Steve Young (worked for 49ers from 1995-96), Rich Gannon (Raiders from 2001-03), who was named the league's MVP in 2001, and Bernie Kosar (1989). Trestman also worked in 2007 with the New Orleans Saints as a consultant.

    Other NFL stops for Trestman include Minnesota (two stints), Tampa Bay (1987, then again in 2001 as a senior offensive assistant for Jon Gruden), Detroit (1997), Arizona (1998-2000) and Miami (2004) as well as the University of Miami (1981-84), where he received his law degree.

    Trestman spent 2005 and 2006 at North Carolina State, before leaving in 2008 for the CFL.

    In addition to his duties as a coach, Trestman worked during the offseason to prepare college quarterbacks for the NFL draft. Trestman worked with Jay Cutler and Bears backup Jason Campbell before their respective drafts.

    According to his official website, Trestman has also worked with Cleveland Browns quarterback Brandon Weeden, Denver rookie Brock Osweiler, as well as Tim Tebow of the New York Jets and Carolina's Jimmy Clausen.

    yay another no name and now were stooping down to the cfl ranks come on

    D 1 Reply Last reply
    Quote Reply
    • DieHardBrownsFan DieHardBrownsFanD Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Collaborator Posting Machine First Post One Month Later Week One Done One Year In
      • 28k Posts
      • 6k Reputation
      DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
      #2

      You have no idea what Haslam has going on behind the scenes.

      "You planning on having a long relationship with that glass or are you going to drink it? Drink up, man. Maybe we can get another.” - Janis Joplin, 1970.
      1 Reply Last reply
      Quote Reply
      • USFBrown USFBrownU Conversation Starter Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Dedicated One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
        • 2k Posts
        • 270 Reputation
        USFBrownU USFBrown wrote on last edited by
        #3

        What's the word on Lovie Smith? I haven't heard of anyone interviewing this guy. He went to the super bowl with Rex freaking Grossman!

        1 Reply Last reply
        👍
        Quote Reply
        • W why cant we win

          http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8820776/marc-trestman-cleveland-browns-talk-reports

          CLEVELAND -- The Cleveland Browns will meet with Marc Trestman, coach of the CFL's Montreal Alouettes, on Monday, according to multiple reports.

          The Browns reportedly have scheduled their meeting with Trestman in Chicago, where the Chicago Bears also have an interview scheduled with the coach on Monday, sources told ESPN.

          Trestman's resume includes extensive time as an NFL offensive assistant. He has been with Montreal since 2008, leading the Alouettes to two CFL titles in his five seasons.

          With Trestman recently signing an extension with the Alouettes that takes his deal through 2016, it's unknown whether he'll be allowed out of his CFL contract if an NFL team decides to hire him.

          A source with the Alouettes indicated to ESPNChicago.com that it's likely Trestman would be allowed out of his contract because the team's ownership is "usually pretty good about stuff like that ... although Marc just signed a new extension this year. So I don't know if that might hold things up."

          The source added Trestman "works well with a front office" and is "a player's coach for sure."

          The Browns met late last week with Chip Kelly but decided to reboot their search for a coach after leaving Arizona late Sunday morning without landing the Oregon coach, sources told ESPN.

          Kelly has decided to turn down a chance to go to the NFL and instead will return to the Ducks, league sources told ESPN.

          Kelly was intrigued with the Philadelphia Eagles' head coaching job but decided he wasn't comfortable leaving the college game, the sources said.

          Trestman possesses considerable experience in the NFL, where he's worked on staffs tutoring quarterbacks such as Steve Young (worked for 49ers from 1995-96), Rich Gannon (Raiders from 2001-03), who was named the league's MVP in 2001, and Bernie Kosar (1989). Trestman also worked in 2007 with the New Orleans Saints as a consultant.

          Other NFL stops for Trestman include Minnesota (two stints), Tampa Bay (1987, then again in 2001 as a senior offensive assistant for Jon Gruden), Detroit (1997), Arizona (1998-2000) and Miami (2004) as well as the University of Miami (1981-84), where he received his law degree.

          Trestman spent 2005 and 2006 at North Carolina State, before leaving in 2008 for the CFL.

          In addition to his duties as a coach, Trestman worked during the offseason to prepare college quarterbacks for the NFL draft. Trestman worked with Jay Cutler and Bears backup Jason Campbell before their respective drafts.

          According to his official website, Trestman has also worked with Cleveland Browns quarterback Brandon Weeden, Denver rookie Brock Osweiler, as well as Tim Tebow of the New York Jets and Carolina's Jimmy Clausen.

          yay another no name and now were stooping down to the cfl ranks come on

          dawg08 D
          • 501 Posts
          • 13 Reputation
          D dawg08 wrote on last edited by
          #4

          @why-cant-we-win said:

          http://espn.go.com/n...ns-talk-reports

          CLEVELAND -- The Cleveland Browns will meet with Marc Trestman, coach of the CFL's Montreal Alouettes, on Monday, according to multiple reports.

          The Browns reportedly have scheduled their meeting with Trestman in Chicago, where the Chicago Bears also have an interview scheduled with the coach on Monday, sources told ESPN.

          Trestman's resume includes extensive time as an NFL offensive assistant. He has been with Montreal since 2008, leading the Alouettes to two CFL titles in his five seasons.

          With Trestman recently signing an extension with the Alouettes that takes his deal through 2016, it's unknown whether he'll be allowed out of his CFL contract if an NFL team decides to hire him.

          A source with the Alouettes indicated to ESPNChicago.com that it's likely Trestman would be allowed out of his contract because the team's ownership is "usually pretty good about stuff like that ... although Marc just signed a new extension this year. So I don't know if that might hold things up."

          The source added Trestman "works well with a front office" and is "a player's coach for sure."

          The Browns met late last week with Chip Kelly but decided to reboot their search for a coach after leaving Arizona late Sunday morning without landing the Oregon coach, sources told ESPN.

          Kelly has decided to turn down a chance to go to the NFL and instead will return to the Ducks, league sources told ESPN.

          Kelly was intrigued with the Philadelphia Eagles' head coaching job but decided he wasn't comfortable leaving the college game, the sources said.

          Trestman possesses considerable experience in the NFL, where he's worked on staffs tutoring quarterbacks such as Steve Young (worked for 49ers from 1995-96), Rich Gannon (Raiders from 2001-03), who was named the league's MVP in 2001, and Bernie Kosar (1989). Trestman also worked in 2007 with the New Orleans Saints as a consultant.

          Other NFL stops for Trestman include Minnesota (two stints), Tampa Bay (1987, then again in 2001 as a senior offensive assistant for Jon Gruden), Detroit (1997), Arizona (1998-2000) and Miami (2004) as well as the University of Miami (1981-84), where he received his law degree.

          Trestman spent 2005 and 2006 at North Carolina State, before leaving in 2008 for the CFL.

          In addition to his duties as a coach, Trestman worked during the offseason to prepare college quarterbacks for the NFL draft. Trestman worked with Jay Cutler and Bears backup Jason Campbell before their respective drafts.

          According to his official website, Trestman has also worked with Cleveland Browns quarterback Brandon Weeden, Denver rookie Brock Osweiler, as well as Tim Tebow of the New York Jets and Carolina's Jimmy Clausen.

          yay another no name and now were stooping down to the cfl ranks come on

          Marc Trestman, really? He has to look in Canada for a coach, sheesh! No thanks!

          Get Lovie in there!

          K 1 Reply Last reply
          Quote Reply
          • SnugglyBottoms S
            • 90 Posts
            • 2 Reputation
            S SnugglyBottoms wrote on last edited by
            #5

            For anyone wondering about Lovie Smith or any other coaching candidate that doesn't have ties to Mike Lombardi the answer is NO. The browns and their incestuous front office are only interviewing people with ties to Mike Lombardi.

            The GipperT 1 Reply Last reply
            Quote Reply
            • tampadawgs tampadawgsT
              • 891 Posts
              • 80 Reputation
              tampadawgsT tampadawgs wrote on last edited by
              #6

              reports are Lovie is going to San Diego, know Idea if it happens just reports that I saw

              1 Reply Last reply
              Quote Reply
              • S SnugglyBottoms

                For anyone wondering about Lovie Smith or any other coaching candidate that doesn't have ties to Mike Lombardi the answer is NO. The browns and their incestuous front office are only interviewing people with ties to Mike Lombardi.

                The Gipper The GipperT In Memoriam Very Popular
                • 57k Posts
                • 4k Reputation
                The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
                #7

                @snugglybottoms said:

                For anyone wondering about Lovie Smith or any other coaching candidate that doesn't have ties to Mike Lombardi the answer is NO. The browns and their incestuous front office are only interviewing people with ties to Mike Lombardi.

                I am hearing that may no longer be the case. In fact, I hear speculation that they may cut ties with Lombardi.

                miktoxicM 1 Reply Last reply
                Quote Reply
                • The GipperT The Gipper

                  @snugglybottoms said:

                  For anyone wondering about Lovie Smith or any other coaching candidate that doesn't have ties to Mike Lombardi the answer is NO. The browns and their incestuous front office are only interviewing people with ties to Mike Lombardi.

                  I am hearing that may no longer be the case. In fact, I hear speculation that they may cut ties with Lombardi.

                  miktoxic miktoxicM
                  • 13k Posts
                  • 1k Reputation
                  miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
                  #8

                  @the-gipper said:

                  I am hearing that may no longer be the case. In fact, I hear speculation that they may cut ties with Lombardi.

                  i guess banner and lombardi will have to file for divorce then.

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Quote Reply
                  • why cant we win W
                    • 467 Posts
                    • 3 Reputation
                    W why cant we win wrote on last edited by
                    #9

                    im not sure if this has been brought up or not or if hes even avaliable but what about kyle Shanahan

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Quote Reply
                    • BadNewsBrowns BadNewsBrownsB
                      • 1k Posts
                      • 97 Reputation
                      BadNewsBrownsB BadNewsBrowns wrote on last edited by
                      #10

                      I'm not buying into Shannahan, who was talking about him last year before he had Rg3?

                      We have no RG3 in Cleveland and even if we did Shannahan would probably get him flattened like he did this year.

                      On top of that like Mik and at least one other guy has pointed out I'll pass on a younger snot-nosed type coach on telling some 250 lb guy what to do.

                      I think 30ish type guys can succeed as coaches but not these little shit type guys,e.g, Shannahan,McDaniels,Kiffin,especially a silver-spoon type such as Shannahan jr.

                      The only exception I can think of is Gruden, but def has little man syndrome and has the personality to compensate for his small stature.

                      "All Truth Passes Through Three stages. First, It Is Ridiculed, Second It Is Violently Opposed, And Third, It Is Accepted As Self-Evident" ~Arthur Schopenhauer
                      F Tim Couch Pulls OutT 2 Replies Last reply
                      Quote Reply
                      • BadNewsBrownsB BadNewsBrowns

                        I'm not buying into Shannahan, who was talking about him last year before he had Rg3?

                        We have no RG3 in Cleveland and even if we did Shannahan would probably get him flattened like he did this year.

                        On top of that like Mik and at least one other guy has pointed out I'll pass on a younger snot-nosed type coach on telling some 250 lb guy what to do.

                        I think 30ish type guys can succeed as coaches but not these little shit type guys,e.g, Shannahan,McDaniels,Kiffin,especially a silver-spoon type such as Shannahan jr.

                        The only exception I can think of is Gruden, but def has little man syndrome and has the personality to compensate for his small stature.

                        FairHooker11 F Dedicated Conversation Starter Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done Very Popular
                        • 4k Posts
                        • 2k Reputation
                        F FairHooker11 wrote on last edited by
                        #11

                        @badnewsbrowns said:

                        I'm not buying into Shannahan, who was talking about him last year before he had Rg3?

                        We have no RG3 in Cleveland and even if we did Shannahan would probably get him flattened like he did this year.

                        On top of that like Mik and at least one other guy has pointed out I'll pass on a younger snot-nosed type coach on telling some 250 lb guy what to do.

                        I think 30ish type guys can succeed as coaches but not these little shit type guys,e.g, Shannahan,McDaniels,Kiffin,especially a silver-spoon type such as Shannahan jr.

                        The only exception I can think of is Gruden, but def has little man syndrome and has the personality to compensate for his small stature.

                        if this father / son tandem was different like, say ... sonny boy being out on his own, like at least Layne Kiffin did,

                        .

                        instead of coattailing it with pop in DC then his record will speak for itself....

                        until then I agree, dont go with another unproven and timid looking (IMO) coach!

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Quote Reply
                        • BadNewsBrownsB BadNewsBrowns

                          I'm not buying into Shannahan, who was talking about him last year before he had Rg3?

                          We have no RG3 in Cleveland and even if we did Shannahan would probably get him flattened like he did this year.

                          On top of that like Mik and at least one other guy has pointed out I'll pass on a younger snot-nosed type coach on telling some 250 lb guy what to do.

                          I think 30ish type guys can succeed as coaches but not these little shit type guys,e.g, Shannahan,McDaniels,Kiffin,especially a silver-spoon type such as Shannahan jr.

                          The only exception I can think of is Gruden, but def has little man syndrome and has the personality to compensate for his small stature.

                          Tim Couch Pulls Out Tim Couch Pulls OutT Very Popular Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                          • 8k Posts
                          • 1k Reputation
                          Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by
                          #12

                          @badnewsbrowns said:

                          I'm not buying into Shannahan, who was talking about him last year before he had Rg3?

                          We have no RG3 in Cleveland and even if we did Shannahan would probably get him flattened like he did this year.

                          On top of that like Mik and at least one other guy has pointed out I'll pass on a younger snot-nosed type coach on telling some 250 lb guy what to do.

                          I think 30ish type guys can succeed as coaches but not these little shit type guys,e.g, Shannahan,McDaniels,Kiffin,especially a silver-spoon type such as Shannahan jr.

                          The only exception I can think of is Gruden, but def has little man syndrome and has the personality to compensate for his small stature.

                          This is probably the dumbest fucking reasoning I have ever heard.

                          Mike Tomlin was hired at 34 and won the Super Bowl at 36. Jon Gruden got his first NFL head coaching gig at 35, posted a 28-20 record with the Oakland Raiders, then went to Tampa Bay and won a Super Bowl by age 37.

                          Josh McDaniels is 36. Lane Kiffin is 37. Shanahan is 33. They're in the same wheelhouse as Gruden and Tomlin were when they were hired, if not a little older.

                          I understand most of you are older than the game of poker, but this ageism is absolutely ridiculous. Age is no guarantee of experience. If anything, an older coach who hasn't made it to the big show is probably less likely to make it than a new, younger coach is.

                          I'll admit that youth is no guarantee of innovation. But, personally, I'd rather take my chances on an "up and coming" younger coach than an average coach closer to the end of his career than the beginning.

                          I'm awesome, and I fuck dolphins. Ghoolie 12/2/2012: I have absolutely no skills, training or pride
                          Mark OM 1 Reply Last reply
                          Quote Reply
                          • Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out

                            @badnewsbrowns said:

                            I'm not buying into Shannahan, who was talking about him last year before he had Rg3?

                            We have no RG3 in Cleveland and even if we did Shannahan would probably get him flattened like he did this year.

                            On top of that like Mik and at least one other guy has pointed out I'll pass on a younger snot-nosed type coach on telling some 250 lb guy what to do.

                            I think 30ish type guys can succeed as coaches but not these little shit type guys,e.g, Shannahan,McDaniels,Kiffin,especially a silver-spoon type such as Shannahan jr.

                            The only exception I can think of is Gruden, but def has little man syndrome and has the personality to compensate for his small stature.

                            This is probably the dumbest fucking reasoning I have ever heard.

                            Mike Tomlin was hired at 34 and won the Super Bowl at 36. Jon Gruden got his first NFL head coaching gig at 35, posted a 28-20 record with the Oakland Raiders, then went to Tampa Bay and won a Super Bowl by age 37.

                            Josh McDaniels is 36. Lane Kiffin is 37. Shanahan is 33. They're in the same wheelhouse as Gruden and Tomlin were when they were hired, if not a little older.

                            I understand most of you are older than the game of poker, but this ageism is absolutely ridiculous. Age is no guarantee of experience. If anything, an older coach who hasn't made it to the big show is probably less likely to make it than a new, younger coach is.

                            I'll admit that youth is no guarantee of innovation. But, personally, I'd rather take my chances on an "up and coming" younger coach than an average coach closer to the end of his career than the beginning.

                            Mark O Mark OM Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                            • 6k Posts
                            • 1k Reputation
                            Mark OM Mark O wrote on last edited by
                            #13

                            @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

                            I understand most of you are older than the game of poker, but this ageism is absolutely ridiculous. Age is no guarantee of experience. If anything, an older coach who hasn't made it to the big show is probably less likely to make it than a new, younger coach is.

                            I'll admit that youth is no guarantee of innovation. But, personally, I'd rather take my chances on an "up and coming" younger coach than an average coach closer to the end of his career than the beginning.

                            I'm not sure if I'm older than poker but I also would like to see us hire a young up and coming coach who has the fire to succeeed. I want the next Gruden, Cowher, Payton, Tomlin, etc.

                            I don't want Saban, I think he has more commitment issues than Chip Kelly. After that fiasco, I kinda doubt Haslam dips back into the college market.

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Quote Reply
                            • BadNewsBrowns BadNewsBrownsB
                              • 1k Posts
                              • 97 Reputation
                              BadNewsBrownsB BadNewsBrowns wrote on last edited by
                              #14

                              I think guys like Tomlin demand respect just in his demeanor and personality, Gruden also to an extent, but his success and football knowledge helped a lot also.

                              McDaniels,Shannahan,Kiffin, do not come off to me as tough guys and they would have to compensate in other ways to earn the respect of their players, making their chances of success twice as hard.

                              For some fair haired white boy to come in and chew out some big 280lb black sob would be commical, no one on the team would take these guys serious.

                              Age plays a big part and so does personality and appearance - perception is reality.

                              But when you stack the deck against a guy it's not a good situation.

                              "All Truth Passes Through Three stages. First, It Is Ridiculed, Second It Is Violently Opposed, And Third, It Is Accepted As Self-Evident" ~Arthur Schopenhauer
                              Tim Couch Pulls OutT 1 Reply Last reply
                              Quote Reply
                              • BadNewsBrownsB BadNewsBrowns

                                I think guys like Tomlin demand respect just in his demeanor and personality, Gruden also to an extent, but his success and football knowledge helped a lot also.

                                McDaniels,Shannahan,Kiffin, do not come off to me as tough guys and they would have to compensate in other ways to earn the respect of their players, making their chances of success twice as hard.

                                For some fair haired white boy to come in and chew out some big 280lb black sob would be commical, no one on the team would take these guys serious.

                                Age plays a big part and so does personality and appearance - perception is reality.

                                But when you stack the deck against a guy it's not a good situation.

                                Tim Couch Pulls Out Tim Couch Pulls OutT Very Popular Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                • 8k Posts
                                • 1k Reputation
                                Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by
                                #15

                                @badnewsbrowns said:

                                I think guys like Tomlin demand respect just in his demeanor and personality, Gruden also to an extent, but his success and football knowledge helped a lot also.

                                McDaniels,Shannahan,Kiffin, do not come off to me as tough guys and they would have to compensate in other ways to earn the respect of their players, making their chances of success twice as hard.

                                For some fair haired white boy to come in and chew out some big 280lb black sob would be commical, no one on the team would take these guys serious.

                                Age plays a big part and so does personality and appearance - perception is reality.

                                But when you stack the deck against a guy it's not a good situation.

                                The NFL isn't high school football or college football. The 'chewing out' of the players isn't what keeps them in line. It's knowing that there's a younger, faster, hungrier person always ready to take your place. These are grown men in peak physical performance who have played football their entire lives, do you honestly think there is a man alive that they would be scared of?

                                I've been to multiple NFL practices and offseason camps and I can honestly say you rarely, if ever, see a coach in a player's facemask chewing him out. And I'd venture a bet to say the players welcome being yelled at. The worst thing a coach can do is not say anything to you, because that's when you know you've lost your job.

                                NFL players are grown men, they don't need to be chewed out to perform. The job is their livelihood. If they don't perform, they're gone.

                                As for respect, the best way to get it in this league is by winning. You win, you get respect. You don't get respect by yelling at your players. As I said before, this is the NFL, not high school football.

                                I'm awesome, and I fuck dolphins. Ghoolie 12/2/2012: I have absolutely no skills, training or pride
                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Quote Reply
                                • D dawg08

                                  @why-cant-we-win said:

                                  http://espn.go.com/n...ns-talk-reports

                                  CLEVELAND -- The Cleveland Browns will meet with Marc Trestman, coach of the CFL's Montreal Alouettes, on Monday, according to multiple reports.

                                  The Browns reportedly have scheduled their meeting with Trestman in Chicago, where the Chicago Bears also have an interview scheduled with the coach on Monday, sources told ESPN.

                                  Trestman's resume includes extensive time as an NFL offensive assistant. He has been with Montreal since 2008, leading the Alouettes to two CFL titles in his five seasons.

                                  With Trestman recently signing an extension with the Alouettes that takes his deal through 2016, it's unknown whether he'll be allowed out of his CFL contract if an NFL team decides to hire him.

                                  A source with the Alouettes indicated to ESPNChicago.com that it's likely Trestman would be allowed out of his contract because the team's ownership is "usually pretty good about stuff like that ... although Marc just signed a new extension this year. So I don't know if that might hold things up."

                                  The source added Trestman "works well with a front office" and is "a player's coach for sure."

                                  The Browns met late last week with Chip Kelly but decided to reboot their search for a coach after leaving Arizona late Sunday morning without landing the Oregon coach, sources told ESPN.

                                  Kelly has decided to turn down a chance to go to the NFL and instead will return to the Ducks, league sources told ESPN.

                                  Kelly was intrigued with the Philadelphia Eagles' head coaching job but decided he wasn't comfortable leaving the college game, the sources said.

                                  Trestman possesses considerable experience in the NFL, where he's worked on staffs tutoring quarterbacks such as Steve Young (worked for 49ers from 1995-96), Rich Gannon (Raiders from 2001-03), who was named the league's MVP in 2001, and Bernie Kosar (1989). Trestman also worked in 2007 with the New Orleans Saints as a consultant.

                                  Other NFL stops for Trestman include Minnesota (two stints), Tampa Bay (1987, then again in 2001 as a senior offensive assistant for Jon Gruden), Detroit (1997), Arizona (1998-2000) and Miami (2004) as well as the University of Miami (1981-84), where he received his law degree.

                                  Trestman spent 2005 and 2006 at North Carolina State, before leaving in 2008 for the CFL.

                                  In addition to his duties as a coach, Trestman worked during the offseason to prepare college quarterbacks for the NFL draft. Trestman worked with Jay Cutler and Bears backup Jason Campbell before their respective drafts.

                                  According to his official website, Trestman has also worked with Cleveland Browns quarterback Brandon Weeden, Denver rookie Brock Osweiler, as well as Tim Tebow of the New York Jets and Carolina's Jimmy Clausen.

                                  yay another no name and now were stooping down to the cfl ranks come on

                                  Marc Trestman, really? He has to look in Canada for a coach, sheesh! No thanks!

                                  Get Lovie in there!

                                  kshutchins K
                                  • 951 Posts
                                  • 19 Reputation
                                  K kshutchins wrote on last edited by
                                  #16

                                  @dawg08 said:

                                  Marc Trestman, really? He has to look in Canada for a coach, sheesh! No thanks!

                                  Get Lovie in there!

                                  Trestman has a strong pedigree. He's smart and had the opportunity to learn from Bill Walsh and other great football minds. He has used that knowledge effectively both in the NFL and the CFL. He has been extremely successful coaching quarterbacks and heaven knows QBs have not been our strong suit of late. I have never understood the disrespect he's gotten from some Browns fans. I met a good friend of his a number of years ago and heard good things about him so I've sort of followed his career since then. I've wondered why he wasn't a candidate for other coaching positions. I get the feeling he hasn't been much of a self-promoter.

                                  Woof Woof, Kathy http://cognitivemanifesto.com/ http://www.skadden.com/index.cfm?contentID=49&officeID=9 Bendix ESP
                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Quote Reply
                                  • Tim Couch Pulls Out Tim Couch Pulls OutT Very Popular Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                    • 8k Posts
                                    • 1k Reputation
                                    Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by Tim Couch Pulls Out
                                    #17

                                    I've never understood this hatred for the CFL. Where do you think the college all-stars go that can't hack it in the NFL? I'd say the skill level is higher than that of NCAA.

                                    I'm awesome, and I fuck dolphins. Ghoolie 12/2/2012: I have absolutely no skills, training or pride
                                    Browns149B 1 Reply Last reply
                                    Quote Reply
                                    • Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out

                                      I've never understood this hatred for the CFL. Where do you think the college all-stars go that can't hack it in the NFL? I'd say the skill level is higher than that of NCAA.

                                      Browns149 Browns149B Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                      • 10k Posts
                                      • 2k Reputation
                                      Browns149B Browns149 wrote on last edited by
                                      #18

                                      @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

                                      I've never understood this hatred for the CFL. Where do you think the college all-stars go that can't hack it in the NFL? I'd say the skill level is higher than that of NCAA.

                                      didn't Warren Moon win big time in th CFL>>>>>>>>>>>>>??????????????

                                      "And they don't really know even what they're talkin' about And I can't imagine what empty heads can achieve."
                                      Tim Couch Pulls OutT 1 Reply Last reply
                                      Quote Reply
                                      • Browns149B Browns149

                                        @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

                                        I've never understood this hatred for the CFL. Where do you think the college all-stars go that can't hack it in the NFL? I'd say the skill level is higher than that of NCAA.

                                        didn't Warren Moon win big time in th CFL>>>>>>>>>>>>>??????????????

                                        Tim Couch Pulls Out Tim Couch Pulls OutT Very Popular Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                        • 8k Posts
                                        • 1k Reputation
                                        Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by
                                        #19

                                        @browns149 said:

                                        didn't Warren Moon win big time in th CFL>>>>>>>>>>>>>??????????????

                                        He won everywhere he went. A lot of people tend to forget he had the Tennessee Titans record for most wins until McNair broke it. Give Moon a better team and he wins a couple rings.

                                        I'm awesome, and I fuck dolphins. Ghoolie 12/2/2012: I have absolutely no skills, training or pride
                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Quote Reply
                                        • Tim Couch Pulls Out Tim Couch Pulls OutT Very Popular Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                          • 8k Posts
                                          • 1k Reputation
                                          Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by
                                          #20

                                          @king-ghoolie-lives said:

                                          We're SCREWED.

                                          Trestman coached Kosar. Again, we have an owner being lead to the same group of shitheads who have been drafting OL high and posting 4- 12 records.

                                          Kosar pushed very hard for us to draft Jimmy Graham, only to have his cries fall on deaf ears.

                                          I'm awesome, and I fuck dolphins. Ghoolie 12/2/2012: I have absolutely no skills, training or pride
                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Quote Reply

                                          Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                          Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                          With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                          Register Login
                                          Reply
                                          • Reply as topic
                                          Log in to reply
                                          • Oldest to Newest
                                          • Newest to Oldest
                                          • Most Votes


                                          Theme
                                          • System
                                          • Light
                                          • Dark
                                          The Browns Board Terms Privacy

                                          The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

                                          • First post
                                            Last post
                                          0
                                          • Forums
                                          • Recent
                                          • Popular
                                          • Users
                                          • Donate