Skip to content

Django

Westside Steve's Movie Reviews
33 10 2.2k
  • Personally I hated nearly every second of it and if not for leonardo dicaprio hated every second of it. No surprise. I've hated every single quentin tarantino movie. The guy is terrible.

    F+ (for dicaprio)

    @the-cysko-kid said:

    Personally I hated nearly every second of it and if not for leonardo dicaprio hated every second of it. No surprise. I've hated every single quentin tarantino movie. The guy is terrible.

    F+ (for dicaprio)

    We get it. You probably go more for the likes of Fried Green Tomatos or Steel Magnolias Or Sleepless in Seattle....or the like.

  • And that's an excellent point.

    Though I don't give a rat's ass for Jimmy Buffett I love Elvis Costello.

    While you try to make a case for actual fact to support your impression that Tarantino is good or bad you ignore the huge consensus of critical perception of Costello.

    Sofia Coppola and Bill Murray got rave reviews for lost in translation.

    I f****** hated it, so f****** what?

    I would bet you couldn't write a thoughtful and cohesive comparison between the character development in Pulp Fiction versus the character development in Big Momma's House.

    WSS

  • @westside-steve said:

    Kos There are wide gap between what are some guys like and some guys hate.

    Add it basically has absolutely nothing to do with technical proficiency.

    You really can't put labels on art, we only pretend to to make our opinions seem less stupid.

    For instance I can respect the fact that slash is a proficient guitar player.

    And yet I despise Guns N Roses.

    And when it comes to art, just like football and politics, there's not really a single 1 of us who knows shit from shinola about it.

    Wss

    As long as you don't like Elvis Costello or Jimmy Buffett you're all good.

    @kosar_for_president said:

    As long as you don't like Elvis Costello or Jimmy Buffett you're all good.

    Again, you're shitting me. I am not that big on Buffett, but Declan is a genius.

  • I hear that Spike Lee is like upset about this movie. I am not sure why because, yes, admittedly, there is a lot of "Let's kill whitey" attitude in it. (not just attitude...action).

    Wouldn't that actually please Spike Lee?

  • And that's an excellent point.

    Though I don't give a rat's ass for Jimmy Buffett I love Elvis Costello.

    While you try to make a case for actual fact to support your impression that Tarantino is good or bad you ignore the huge consensus of critical perception of Costello.

    Sofia Coppola and Bill Murray got rave reviews for lost in translation.

    I f****** hated it, so f****** what?

    I would bet you couldn't write a thoughtful and cohesive comparison between the character development in Pulp Fiction versus the character development in Big Momma's House.

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    I would bet you couldn't write a thoughtful and cohesive comparison between the character development in Pulp Fiction versus the character development in Big Momma's House.

    WSS

    Steve I could. Film was my major.

  • Take a look at yourselves, fellas, crying because somebody doesn't love django unchained and dared to fail this corn filled turd. Why if you don't love quentin tarentinos Retarded piece of garbage movies then you must love fried green tomatoes, right gipper? That's like saying since you hate rush you must be more the type of person who loves Tiny Canadian Pussy Douche. In other words ridiculous. Sorry I won't join you in suckling tarentinos balls over this piece of trash.

  • @westside-steve said:

    I would bet you couldn't write a thoughtful and cohesive comparison between the character development in Pulp Fiction versus the character development in Big Momma's House.

    WSS

    Steve I could. Film was my major.

    @kosar_for_president said:

    Steve I could. Film was my major.

    I'm sure that was a highly useful major. Go ahead and write it up then, let's see how well your money was spent.

  • @kosar_for_president said:

    Steve I could. Film was my major.

    I'm sure that was a highly useful major. Go ahead and write it up then, let's see how well your money was spent.

    @the-cysko-kid said:

    I'm sure that was a highly useful major. Go ahead and write it up then, let's see how well your money was spent.

    Probably true, I majored in theater and isn't A big money maker.

    But I'm on your side Cysko.

    I don't share your opinion of Tarantino but I completely defend your right to hate him.

    In my opinion criticism of any art form is just looking for reasons to justify liking something or not liking it.

    If you like Rembrandt does that automatically mean you can't like Jackson Pollock?

    Of course not.

    And even though I'm as opinionated as anyone else here's my theory:

    If someone has headphones on listening to, say The Beastie Boys and is truly moved by that music how can it be any more or less valid thanBeethoven?

    Of course you can feel free to call me out as a hypocrite next time I expound on how badly Keanu Reeves sucks but...

    (Or sucks butt...) 😉

    WSS

  • Take a look at yourselves, fellas, crying because somebody doesn't love django unchained and dared to fail this corn filled turd. Why if you don't love quentin tarentinos Retarded piece of garbage movies then you must love fried green tomatoes, right gipper? That's like saying since you hate rush you must be more the type of person who loves Tiny Canadian Pussy Douche. In other words ridiculous. Sorry I won't join you in suckling tarentinos balls over this piece of trash.

    @the-cysko-kid said:

    Take a look at yourselves, fellas, crying because somebody doesn't love django unchained and dared to fail this corn filled turd. Why if you don't love quentin tarentinos Retarded piece of garbage movies then you must love fried green tomatoes, right gipper? That's like saying since you hate rush you must be more the type of person who loves Tiny Canadian Pussy Douche. In other words ridiculous. Sorry I won't join you in suckling tarentinos balls over this piece of trash.

    I am simply extrapolating. You didn't seem to like the action...or the drama...or the comedy. What other conclusion can I make?

    Perhaps Fellini is your cup of tea. It is not necessarily mine, but I wouldn't criticise those who would say they like it.

    So, give us YOUR top movies....and let's see if we can say your taste sucks.

  • Gipper, it's art what can ya say?

    He didn't like it, and that's as good as an explanation as anyone needs.

    You don't like the same kind of beer that I do. It's kind of pointless if I'd try to convince you that you are wrong.

    WSS

  • @the-cysko-kid said:

    Take a look at yourselves, fellas, crying because somebody doesn't love django unchained and dared to fail this corn filled turd. Why if you don't love quentin tarentinos Retarded piece of garbage movies then you must love fried green tomatoes, right gipper? That's like saying since you hate rush you must be more the type of person who loves Tiny Canadian Pussy Douche. In other words ridiculous. Sorry I won't join you in suckling tarentinos balls over this piece of trash.

    I am simply extrapolating. You didn't seem to like the action...or the drama...or the comedy. What other conclusion can I make?

    Perhaps Fellini is your cup of tea. It is not necessarily mine, but I wouldn't criticise those who would say they like it.

    So, give us YOUR top movies....and let's see if we can say your taste sucks.

    @the-gipper said:

    I am simply extrapolating. You didn't seem to like the action...or the drama...or the comedy. What other conclusion can I make?

    Perhaps Fellini is your cup of tea. It is not necessarily mine, but I wouldn't criticise those who would say they like it.

    So, give us YOUR top movies....and let's see if we can say your taste sucks.

    My top what movies? Just top five of all time? That's a very difficult question. I don't care for gratuitously violent movies by any stretch so everything by tarentino belongs in the crapper as far as I'm concerned. I guess resevoir dogs was ok. Id rather see a 'Usual Suspects' or 'Fargo' or 'Silence of the lambs' than a 'django unchained' any time. It has a lot more style than gore-porn like the million remakes of classic slasher movies and yet, all the worst qualities. I'm sorry guys, tarentino just doesn't make good movies (at least for me)

  • Quentin has a different style, the way he writes or tells the story, however you want to describe it, and thats a reason I appreciate his movies. But Fargo? Really? Lol,Fargo. Sorry but....

  • Quentin has a different style, the way he writes or tells the story, however you want to describe it, and thats a reason I appreciate his movies. But Fargo? Really? Lol,Fargo. Sorry but....

    @erie-dawg said:

    Quentin has a different style, the way he writes or tells the story, however you want to describe it, and thats a reason I appreciate his movies. But Fargo? Really? Lol,Fargo. Sorry but....

    Sorry but what? As Steve says its art what can you say? I don't get Jackson pollack's appeal, I'm more of a magritte guy, but yet a giant pollack hangs in the entrance to MOMA.

  • Quentin has a different style, the way he writes or tells the story, however you want to describe it, and thats a reason I appreciate his movies. But Fargo? Really? Lol,Fargo. Sorry but....

    @erie-dawg said:

    Quentin has a different style, the way he writes or tells the story, however you want to describe it, and thats a reason I appreciate his movies. But Fargo? Really? Lol,Fargo. Sorry but....

    For what its worth I think the Coen Brothers sit at the right hand of Stanley Kubrick.

    WSS

  • Quentin has a different style, the way he writes or tells the story, however you want to describe it, and thats a reason I appreciate his movies. But Fargo? Really? Lol,Fargo. Sorry but....

    @erie-dawg said:

    Quentin has a different style, the way he writes or tells the story, however you want to describe it, and thats a reason I appreciate his movies. But Fargo? Really? Lol,Fargo. Sorry but....

    Fargo was great.

  • Just got back from seeing this movie. Fucking hilarious. Entertaining all the way through.

    B+

  • @kosar_for_president said:

    Steve I could. Film was my major.

    I'm sure that was a highly useful major. Go ahead and write it up then, let's see how well your money was spent.

    @the-cysko-kid said:

    I'm sure that was a highly useful major. Go ahead and write it up then, let's see how well your money was spent.

    It was. I develop websites, design, edit video & audio and am an SEO expert. I can do anything on a computer. That was for editing film. Thanks.

    I really don't do "write-ups" unless I'm paid.

  • @the-cysko-kid said:

    I'm sure that was a highly useful major. Go ahead and write it up then, let's see how well your money was spent.

    It was. I develop websites, design, edit video & audio and am an SEO expert. I can do anything on a computer. That was for editing film. Thanks.

    I really don't do "write-ups" unless I'm paid.

    @kosar_for_president said:

    It was. I develop websites, design, edit video & audio and am an SEO expert. I can do anything on a computer. That was for editing film. Thanks.

    I really don't do "write-ups" unless I'm paid.

    Bet that has to be a fun job there! Sounds like it!

  • @the-cysko-kid said:

    I'm sure that was a highly useful major. Go ahead and write it up then, let's see how well your money was spent.

    It was. I develop websites, design, edit video & audio and am an SEO expert. I can do anything on a computer. That was for editing film. Thanks.

    I really don't do "write-ups" unless I'm paid.

    @kosar_for_president said:

    It was. I develop websites, design, edit video & audio and am an SEO expert. I can do anything on a computer. That was for editing film. Thanks.

    I really don't do "write-ups" unless I'm paid.

    You shouldn't make boasts you're not going to.back up. Reading back, my post was in response to your boast about how you could write up some awesome character comparison piece. Well, then, let's see it.

  • @the-cysko-kid said:

    I'm sure that was a highly useful major. Go ahead and write it up then, let's see how well your money was spent.

    It was. I develop websites, design, edit video & audio and am an SEO expert. I can do anything on a computer. That was for editing film. Thanks.

    I really don't do "write-ups" unless I'm paid.

    @kosar_for_president said:

    It was. I develop websites, design, edit video & audio and am an SEO expert. I can do anything on a computer. That was for editing film. Thanks.

    I really don't do "write-ups" unless I'm paid.