Skip to content

Django

Westside Steve's Movie Reviews
33 10 2.2k
  • Quentin has a different style, the way he writes or tells the story, however you want to describe it, and thats a reason I appreciate his movies. But Fargo? Really? Lol,Fargo. Sorry but....

    @erie-dawg said:

    Quentin has a different style, the way he writes or tells the story, however you want to describe it, and thats a reason I appreciate his movies. But Fargo? Really? Lol,Fargo. Sorry but....

    Sorry but what? As Steve says its art what can you say? I don't get Jackson pollack's appeal, I'm more of a magritte guy, but yet a giant pollack hangs in the entrance to MOMA.

  • Quentin has a different style, the way he writes or tells the story, however you want to describe it, and thats a reason I appreciate his movies. But Fargo? Really? Lol,Fargo. Sorry but....

    @erie-dawg said:

    Quentin has a different style, the way he writes or tells the story, however you want to describe it, and thats a reason I appreciate his movies. But Fargo? Really? Lol,Fargo. Sorry but....

    For what its worth I think the Coen Brothers sit at the right hand of Stanley Kubrick.

    WSS

  • Quentin has a different style, the way he writes or tells the story, however you want to describe it, and thats a reason I appreciate his movies. But Fargo? Really? Lol,Fargo. Sorry but....

    @erie-dawg said:

    Quentin has a different style, the way he writes or tells the story, however you want to describe it, and thats a reason I appreciate his movies. But Fargo? Really? Lol,Fargo. Sorry but....

    Fargo was great.

  • Just got back from seeing this movie. Fucking hilarious. Entertaining all the way through.

    B+

  • @kosar_for_president said:

    Steve I could. Film was my major.

    I'm sure that was a highly useful major. Go ahead and write it up then, let's see how well your money was spent.

    @the-cysko-kid said:

    I'm sure that was a highly useful major. Go ahead and write it up then, let's see how well your money was spent.

    It was. I develop websites, design, edit video & audio and am an SEO expert. I can do anything on a computer. That was for editing film. Thanks.

    I really don't do "write-ups" unless I'm paid.

  • @the-cysko-kid said:

    I'm sure that was a highly useful major. Go ahead and write it up then, let's see how well your money was spent.

    It was. I develop websites, design, edit video & audio and am an SEO expert. I can do anything on a computer. That was for editing film. Thanks.

    I really don't do "write-ups" unless I'm paid.

    @kosar_for_president said:

    It was. I develop websites, design, edit video & audio and am an SEO expert. I can do anything on a computer. That was for editing film. Thanks.

    I really don't do "write-ups" unless I'm paid.

    Bet that has to be a fun job there! Sounds like it!

  • @the-cysko-kid said:

    I'm sure that was a highly useful major. Go ahead and write it up then, let's see how well your money was spent.

    It was. I develop websites, design, edit video & audio and am an SEO expert. I can do anything on a computer. That was for editing film. Thanks.

    I really don't do "write-ups" unless I'm paid.

    @kosar_for_president said:

    It was. I develop websites, design, edit video & audio and am an SEO expert. I can do anything on a computer. That was for editing film. Thanks.

    I really don't do "write-ups" unless I'm paid.

    You shouldn't make boasts you're not going to.back up. Reading back, my post was in response to your boast about how you could write up some awesome character comparison piece. Well, then, let's see it.

  • @the-cysko-kid said:

    I'm sure that was a highly useful major. Go ahead and write it up then, let's see how well your money was spent.

    It was. I develop websites, design, edit video & audio and am an SEO expert. I can do anything on a computer. That was for editing film. Thanks.

    I really don't do "write-ups" unless I'm paid.

    @kosar_for_president said:

    It was. I develop websites, design, edit video & audio and am an SEO expert. I can do anything on a computer. That was for editing film. Thanks.

    I really don't do "write-ups" unless I'm paid.

  • one of my best friends was a film major at SUNY. yet i was the one who was editing video for a commercial photog on an old media 100 system.

    he finally bought a canon LS-1 when they were the big thing about ten years ago to make 'his' film, then ended up selling weeks later to pay rent. he had paid me and some college kid to storyboard it for him and everything. come to find out it was a terrible copy of a movie someone had mentioned earlier: resevoir dogs. (btw,thought that sucked).

    he's still moving furniture for a living and still talking about making his film and becoming some great director.

    tick tock. tick tock....................

    i think tarantino can be hit or miss. i like the fact that he is trying to bring back the cheese that filled every b movie in the 70's. his collaboration with direct rodriguez years ago in the campy drive-in movie styled 'grindhouse' was complete genious.

  • I forgot about grind house those bitches fucked Kurt Russell up. Good movie

  • one of my best friends was a film major at SUNY. yet i was the one who was editing video for a commercial photog on an old media 100 system.

    he finally bought a canon LS-1 when they were the big thing about ten years ago to make 'his' film, then ended up selling weeks later to pay rent. he had paid me and some college kid to storyboard it for him and everything. come to find out it was a terrible copy of a movie someone had mentioned earlier: resevoir dogs. (btw,thought that sucked).

    he's still moving furniture for a living and still talking about making his film and becoming some great director.

    tick tock. tick tock....................

    i think tarantino can be hit or miss. i like the fact that he is trying to bring back the cheese that filled every b movie in the 70's. his collaboration with direct rodriguez years ago in the campy drive-in movie styled 'grindhouse' was complete genious.

    @miktoxic said:

    I think tarantino can be hit or miss. i like the fact that he is trying to bring back the cheese that filled every b movie in the 70's. his collaboration with direct rodriguez years ago in the campy drive-in movie styled 'grindhouse' was complete genious.

    I think I'll side with you Mik. Regarding Tarantino- Rarely venture over here- but loved Kill Bill & Django, totally didn't get (yeah, I'm one of the few) Pulp Fiction. .

    If You didn't see Django as Tarantino's tribute to Mel Gibson's Blazing Saddles you ought to take a look at where Quentin was coming from in that movie. 🙂