Survey Monday January 7Th
-
Been a bit, but here is this week's survey:
1. I know it is late....but who do you like: Notre Dame or Alabama?
I cannot reveal who I actually "like" to win for Bowl Mania strategy reasons. But, I'm Irish Catholic and grew up a huge Notre Dame fan, so ... I guess I just revealed it.
Or did I?
2. Eight teams are left. Who will win the Super Bowl: Broncos, Patriots, Ravens, Texans, Falcons, Seahawks, Packers, 49ers?
Broncos. Peyton Manning will then have so many endorsements that he will purchase Oprah.
3. What's for lunch?
Ham,cheese and bacon sandwich with pretzels and an orange.
4. How are your New Year's Resolution proceeding?
Good. Last year the goal was to lose weight and that was accomplished. This year the goal is to increase business, and so far, so good.
5. The NHL has settle their labor differences. Will you be paying any attention?
Not til playoffs.
-
Been a bit, but here is this week's survey:
1. I know it is late....but who do you like: Notre Dame or Alabama?
2. Eight teams are left. Who will win the Super Bowl: Broncos, Patriots, Ravens, Texans, Falcons, Seahawks, Packers, 49ers?
3. What's for lunch?
4. How are your New Year's Resolution proceeding?
5. The NHL has settle their labor differences. Will you be paying any attention?
Been a bit, but here is this week's survey:
1. I know it is late....but who do you like: Notre Dame or Alabama?
Bama- Just think they are the Class of the NCAA
2. Eight teams are left. Who will win the Super Bowl: Broncos, Patriots, Ravens, Texans, Falcons, Seahawks, Packers, 49ers?
Denver- there Offense is great, and the defense is Nasty most complete team left
3. What's for lunch?
Red Baren Pizza
4. How are your New Year's Resolution proceeding?
Its Not
5. The NHL has settle their labor differences. Will you be paying any attention
Who Cares?
-
Cinci is out. Lewis is retiring. Would be nice to see him go out on a high note. I really don't care what happened here in 95 . That's all in the past. I don't hold ill will. That's petty. What's done is done.
For the same reason id like to see the pats win and solidify Brady as top five all time. I'll never see Otto graham play and I barely remember Montana and those guys, so I enjoy watching a future legend like Tom Brady play.
You're in the minority there, most Browns fans want to see Lewis go out on a stretcher. -
Been a bit, but here is this week's survey:
1. I know it is late....but who do you like: Notre Dame or Alabama?
2. Eight teams are left. Who will win the Super Bowl: Broncos, Patriots, Ravens, Texans, Falcons, Seahawks, Packers, 49ers?
3. What's for lunch?
4. How are your New Year's Resolution proceeding?
5. The NHL has settle their labor differences. Will you be paying any attention?
Been a bit, but here is this week's survey:
1. I know it is late....but who do you like: Notre Dame or Alabama?
I don't like either one. Who I picked will be revealed with the conclusion of Bowl Mania tonight.
2. Eight teams are left. Who will win the Super Bowl: Broncos, Patriots, Ravens, Texans, Falcons, Seahawks, Packers, 49ers?
Seahawks vs. Broncos
3. What's for lunch?
Some sort of microwave Jimmy Dean breakfast thing with egg, potatos, bacon and cheese. Livin' large over here.
4. How are your New Year's Resolution proceeding?
I didn't make any...so I'm batting 1000 or 0 depending how you look at it.
5. The NHL has settle their labor differences. Will you be paying any attention?
I toss minimal attention towards the Blue Jackets. I'll continue to do that.
-
On question #2, here is some data to consider:
Last time each of the remaining 8 teams won a title:
Packers: 2010
Patriots: 2004
2002: Texans, no title, but first year of origin
2000: Ravens
1998: Broncos
1994: 49ers
1976: Seahawks, no titles, first year of origin
1966: Falcons, no titles, first year of origin
Last time each of the participating cities won a major sports title:
2012: San Francisco/Oakland/San Jose: SF Giants won the World Series
2011: Boston/NE area: Bruins won the Stanley Cup
2010: Green Bay: Packers won the Super Bowl
2001: Denver: Avalanche won the Stanley Cup
2000: Baltimore: Ravens won the Super Bowl
1995: Houston: Rockets won NBA Finals
1995: Atlanta: Braves won the World Series
1979: Seattle: Supersonics won the NBA title
-
Though I have said that I think perhaps Denver is the top contender for the Super Bowl, Nevertheless I would like to see them get their comeuppance.
Think about it: has there ever been a shitass luckier team?
They were the beneficiaries of the 'luck' that involved The Drive, The Fumble, The Helicopter, even The Tebow?
Shouldn't there be one time one of these named games where the Broncos are the ones getting screwed?
Yea, I know they have gotten their asses blown out in several Super Bowls. But those weren't close games.
They need to lose a down to wire heartbreaker so that their fans can cry in their beer.
Fair to say?
-
Been a bit, but here is this week's survey:
1. I know it is late....but who do you like: Notre Dame or Alabama?
BAMA!
2. Eight teams are left. Who will win the Super Bowl: Broncos, Patriots, Ravens, Texans, Falcons, Seahawks, Packers, 49ers?
Broncos
3. What's for lunch?
Home made breakfast sandwich
4. How are your New Year's Resolution proceeding?
Didn't make any. Try to do my best all year
5. The NHL has settle their labor differences. Will you be paying any attention?
N H L?????? Never heard of it
-
Been a bit, but here is this week's survey:
1. I know it is late....but who do you like: Notre Dame or Alabama?
2. Eight teams are left. Who will win the Super Bowl: Broncos, Patriots, Ravens, Texans, Falcons, Seahawks, Packers, 49ers?
3. What's for lunch?
4. How are your New Year's Resolution proceeding?
5. The NHL has settle their labor differences. Will you be paying any attention?
Been a bit, but here is this week's survey:
1. I know it is late....but who do you like: Notre Dame or Alabama?
Irish
2. Eight teams are left. Who will win the Super Bowl: Broncos, Patriots, Ravens, Texans, Falcons, Seahawks, Packers, 49ers?
Packers
3. What's for lunch?
Salami sandwich
4. How are your New Year's Resolution proceeding?
great
5. The NHL has settle their labor differences. Will you be paying any attention?
Yes, but it's a tainted season
-
Though I have said that I think perhaps Denver is the top contender for the Super Bowl, Nevertheless I would like to see them get their comeuppance.
Think about it: has there ever been a shitass luckier team?
They were the beneficiaries of the 'luck' that involved The Drive, The Fumble, The Helicopter, even The Tebow?
Shouldn't there be one time one of these named games where the Broncos are the ones getting screwed?
Yea, I know they have gotten their asses blown out in several Super Bowls. But those weren't close games.
They need to lose a down to wire heartbreaker so that their fans can cry in their beer.
Fair to say?
Think about it: has there ever been a shitass luckier team?
They were the beneficiaries of the 'luck' that involved The Drive, The Fumble, The Helicopter, even The Tebow?
Don't forget about the 1977 AFC Title game, when Rob Lytle fumbled on the 2 yard line, and they gave him a TD, they went on to beat the Raiders & play Dallas in the Superbowl (lost 27-10).
-
3. What's for lunch?
Probably McDoubles which I will get as soon as I am done here. Too bad, it is my birthday and no one offered to buy me a birthday lunch.
Happy Birthday, Gipper!
I'm not sure what McDoubles are, but it sounds like it will take a couple days off your life.
Which is totally acceptable on your birthday.
Zombo
-
3. What's for lunch?
Probably McDoubles which I will get as soon as I am done here. Too bad, it is my birthday and no one offered to buy me a birthday lunch.
Happy Birthday, Gipper!
I'm not sure what McDoubles are, but it sounds like it will take a couple days off your life.
Which is totally acceptable on your birthday.
Zombo
Zombo said:
Happy Birthday, Gipper!
I'm not sure what McDoubles are, but it sounds like it will take a couple days off your life.
Which is totally acceptable on your birthday.
Zombo
Dollar cheeseburgers at McDonald's. From my door to the front door of the McDonald's it is exactly 100 paces. In other words it is right across the street.
It is so cheap and convenient its stupid (if you order off the dollar menu)
-
Think about it: has there ever been a shitass luckier team?
They were the beneficiaries of the 'luck' that involved The Drive, The Fumble, The Helicopter, even The Tebow?
Don't forget about the 1977 AFC Title game, when Rob Lytle fumbled on the 2 yard line, and they gave him a TD, they went on to beat the Raiders & play Dallas in the Superbowl (lost 27-10).
Don't forget about the 1977 AFC Title game, when Rob Lytle fumbled on the 2 yard line, and they gave him a TD, they went on to beat the Raiders & play Dallas in the Superbowl (lost 27-10).
Can you dig up a replay of that play on youtube or something?
I remember the AFC title game the Oilers lost on a bad call against the Steelers.
Edit note: I tried to find that play on youtube but only got highlights from that game...none of which mentioned the controversy.
I did find some accounts of the game in which it talked about that play taking place early in the 3rd quarter. So, it wasn't a close to game end play.
Oh, and by the way: yes, Karlis missed.
-
Don't forget about the 1977 AFC Title game, when Rob Lytle fumbled on the 2 yard line, and they gave him a TD, they went on to beat the Raiders & play Dallas in the Superbowl (lost 27-10).
Can you dig up a replay of that play on youtube or something?
I remember the AFC title game the Oilers lost on a bad call against the Steelers.
Edit note: I tried to find that play on youtube but only got highlights from that game...none of which mentioned the controversy.
I did find some accounts of the game in which it talked about that play taking place early in the 3rd quarter. So, it wasn't a close to game end play.
Oh, and by the way: yes, Karlis missed.
Can you dig up a replay of that play on youtube or something?
I remember the AFC title game the Oilers lost on a bad call against the Steelers.
Edit note: I tried to find that play on youtube but only got highlights from that game...none of which mentioned the controversy.
I did find some accounts of the game in which it talked about that play taking place early in the 3rd quarter. So, it wasn't a close to game end play.
Oh, and by the way: yes, Karlis missed.
http://blip.tv/nzfootballvids/1977-afc-championship-oakland-vs-denver-6325778
one hour seven minute mark
-
Can you dig up a replay of that play on youtube or something?
I remember the AFC title game the Oilers lost on a bad call against the Steelers.
Edit note: I tried to find that play on youtube but only got highlights from that game...none of which mentioned the controversy.
I did find some accounts of the game in which it talked about that play taking place early in the 3rd quarter. So, it wasn't a close to game end play.
Oh, and by the way: yes, Karlis missed.
http://blip.tv/nzfootballvids/1977-afc-championship-oakland-vs-denver-6325778
one hour seven minute mark
http://blip.tv/nzfootballvids/1977-afc-championship-oakland-vs-denver-6325778
one hour seven minute mark
Ya, that was bullshit.
Zombo
-
Don't forget about the 1977 AFC Title game, when Rob Lytle fumbled on the 2 yard line, and they gave him a TD, they went on to beat the Raiders & play Dallas in the Superbowl (lost 27-10).
Can you dig up a replay of that play on youtube or something?
I remember the AFC title game the Oilers lost on a bad call against the Steelers.
Edit note: I tried to find that play on youtube but only got highlights from that game...none of which mentioned the controversy.
I did find some accounts of the game in which it talked about that play taking place early in the 3rd quarter. So, it wasn't a close to game end play.
Oh, and by the way: yes, Karlis missed.
Can you dig up a replay of that play on youtube or something?
I remember the AFC title game the Oilers lost on a bad call against the Steelers.
Edit note: I tried to find that play on youtube but only got highlights from that game...none of which mentioned the controversy.
I did find some accounts of the game in which it talked about that play taking place early in the 3rd quarter. So, it wasn't a close to game end play.
Oh, and by the way: yes, Karlis missed.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/765977-16-biggest-blown-calls-in-nfl-history/page/2
I had it wrong, they didn't award him a TD...but nonetheless, Dever was lucky & scored the next play. And yes, KARLIS MISSED, I was at the game, wide left ("Drive" game)
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login