Sooo.... Derek Anderson?
-
I never jeered him. Or cheered when he got injured. I'd take him back, but he would have to legitimately beat out our Franchise QB(McCoy) in a deliberate QB Competition... I don't know if he'd be up for another one of those.
And believe me, Weeden WILL have to beat out McCoy next season which he really didn't have to this year. Weeden was handed the job over Colt to try and save jobs. The next Coach will put out the Best QB. We will see then, I can't wait. If Weeden does it again and it's earned, good for him and Colt will be a backup to me... but the way that went down left a bad taste in my mouth. Colt would have gotten us into the playoffs. With all the times Weeden shit the bed and we were still just two or three games out of the playoffs like we were. If you don't know... now you know.
-
I never jeered him. Or cheered when he got injured. I'd take him back, but he would have to legitimately beat out our Franchise QB(McCoy) in a deliberate QB Competition... I don't know if he'd be up for another one of those.
And believe me, Weeden WILL have to beat out McCoy next season which he really didn't have to this year. Weeden was handed the job over Colt to try and save jobs. The next Coach will put out the Best QB. We will see then, I can't wait. If Weeden does it again and it's earned, good for him and Colt will be a backup to me... but the way that went down left a bad taste in my mouth. Colt would have gotten us into the playoffs. With all the times Weeden shit the bed and we were still just two or three games out of the playoffs like we were. If you don't know... now you know.
I never jeered him. Or cheered when he got injured. I'd take him back, but he would have to legitimately beat out our Franchise QB(McCoy) in a deliberate QB Competition... I don't know if he'd be up for another one of those.
And believe me, Weeden WILL have to beat out McCoy next season which he really didn't have to this year. Weeden was handed the job over Colt to try and save jobs. The next Coach will put out the Best QB. We will see then, I can't wait. If Weeden does it again and it's earned, good for him and Colt will be a backup to me... but the way that went down left a bad taste in my mouth. Colt would have gotten us into the playoffs. With all the times Weeden shit the bed and we were still just two or three games out of the playoffs like we were. If you don't know... now you know.
Dude...give it up on McCoy. He's not in the plans of the Browns now with the new coaching staff. Whether or not he got a fair try to be the starter last year is irrelevant going forward this year. Colt doesn't have the arm to throw the ball downfield in the Chud style of offense. Hes going to be the backup in Green Bay next year would be my guess or some other team that is running a version of the WCO.
Any team that is trying to throw the ball downfield and stretch the field is just not a fit for Colt McCoy.
-
FWIW, i really liked DA up untill the Cincinnati game late in 07. I was at that game and i remember the sickening feeling i had watching DA single handedly giving that game (and essentially our playoff spot) away.
I really like the move to make Chud our HC, but if he has serious plans to bring back DA to be our starter, i think the doubt will start to creep in as to whether or not Chud will be the guy to get us to where we all wanna go. I really want to believe that THIS TIME everything will fall into place and we all get to be the happiest motherfuckers on the planet earth. Bottom line though, I absolutely think Chud can and will do it, question is will he have more than 2 or 3 years to do it? Wishful thinking, and lots of praying.
-
The Derek Anderson story made it into NFL programming on ESPN this week. Derek Anderson, really? To me it seems like "the same old Browns." It's time to move on, it's just sad that your new coach wants this retread QB. You invested alot in Weeden, you have to roll with Weeden for the next year or two. (Though I think Holmgren wasted that first round pick and over-reached for Weeden). If your going to bring a QB to push/mentor Weeden, Anderson is just not the guy. I guess any hopes of renewing our rivalry (with Pittsburgh/Cleveland vying for the division title) will be delayed until your next head-coaching selection in 2-3 years. Sigh.
-
The Derek Anderson story made it into NFL programming on ESPN this week. Derek Anderson, really? To me it seems like "the same old Browns." It's time to move on, it's just sad that your new coach wants this retread QB. You invested alot in Weeden, you have to roll with Weeden for the next year or two. (Though I think Holmgren wasted that first round pick and over-reached for Weeden). If your going to bring a QB to push/mentor Weeden, Anderson is just not the guy. I guess any hopes of renewing our rivalry (with Pittsburgh/Cleveland vying for the division title) will be delayed until your next head-coaching selection in 2-3 years. Sigh.
Endymion said:
I guess any hopes of renewing our rivalry (with Pittsburgh/Cleveland vying for the division title) will be delayed until our next head-coaching selection in 2-3 years. Sigh.
Yeah your probably right, it will be Cleveland and Cincinnati vying for the afcn...
-
Per Grossi: "On Wednesday, new Browns coach Rob Chudzinski said “it’s premature to say” that Weeden will be the team’s starting quarterback in 2013."
Really the only question left is whether DA will let Weeden keep the 3 uni number.
-
Very interesting now that Turner's hiring is official... Anyone remember the 2008 AFC Pro Bowl coach commenting on how well DA already understood the offense and how much potential he had? I think he even had DA helping the other QBs with the offense the week leading into the game. That was Turner.
Very interesting now that Turner's hiring is official... Anyone remember the 2008 AFC Pro Bowl coach commenting on how well DA already understood the offense and how much potential he had? I think he even had DA helping the other QBs with the offense the week leading into the game. That was Turner.
At the pro bowl practices in 2008, Norv Turner raved about Anderson. Called him a "rare talent". Interesting...
-
Very interesting now that Turner's hiring is official... Anyone remember the 2008 AFC Pro Bowl coach commenting on how well DA already understood the offense and how much potential he had? I think he even had DA helping the other QBs with the offense the week leading into the game. That was Turner.
At the pro bowl practices in 2008, Norv Turner raved about Anderson. Called him a "rare talent". Interesting...
-
Very interesting now that Turner's hiring is official... Anyone remember the 2008 AFC Pro Bowl coach commenting on how well DA already understood the offense and how much potential he had? I think he even had DA helping the other QBs with the offense the week leading into the game. That was Turner.
At the pro bowl practices in 2008, Norv Turner raved about Anderson. Called him a "rare talent". Interesting...
-
When does Ryan Leaf get out of prison?
June 30th at the earliest! just in time for OTA's
-
When does Ryan Leaf get out of prison?
June 30th at the earliest! just in time for OTA's
June 30th at the earliest! just in time for OTA's
Lovely....maybe Mike Lombardi will make like Elwood Blues and be waiting at the prison gates for him to sign him up.
-
maybe invite Shepwrite to come back and sell his Quinn loven to act as Lums foil?
like in the old days....
-
@mike-h said:
Maybe find a new place to talk Browns. Sounds easier.
dude, it's off-season bullshitting for us on here right now. no reason to get too serious.
besides no one is keeping you here.
-
I would really like to see the Browns develop Thad Lewis. He has an arm and quickness....hes as good as any QB then we have on our team.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login