Skip to content

Silver Linings Playbook

Westside Steve's Movie Reviews
5 2 539
  • I hate to read reviews that explain movies in detail before I actually see a movie so I'm not going to do it.

    I will say though that this is a pretty damn good movie and you should check it out.

    Small spoiler is that the two main characters are mentally ill, yet neither are drunks or druggies and both have somehwhat stable home lives, ok it's a movie.

    The chick in the movie is Jennifer Lawrence from that Hunger Games movie and she is hot as shit.

    Deniro is great in it and it provides a few laughs along the way.

    A

  • I'm With you.

    I avoid reviews before I see something, and there are quite a few Academy Award nominees I've missed.

    I realize they want to sell more tickets, and I have no bitch with capitalism, but it does tend to muddy the waters.

    And while there are often turds among the top 8, 9 or 10 there are some hidden gems.

    Last years THE ARTIST Probably would gone completely un noticed had it not been for the nomination.

    WSS

  • Good call Bad News.

    WSS

  • Steve, didn't intend to steal your thunder or anything like that.

    Just wanted to pop in an add my 2 cents as a guest review.

    Still waiting for the official WSS review. 😉

  • Steve, didn't intend to steal your thunder or anything like that.

    Just wanted to pop in an add my 2 cents as a guest review.

    Still waiting for the official WSS review. 😉

    @badnewsbrowns said:

    Steve, didn't intend to steal your thunder or anything like that.

    Just wanted to pop in an add my 2 cents as a guest review.

    Still waiting for the official WSS review. 😉

    Not at all bad news!

    I always like it when other guys post their views.

    It's always tough to get any kind of a debate going, because movies art music etc cetera are just purely subjective.

    If you like the Steelers better than the Browns you're a no good son of a bitch.

    But if you like Bill Murray better than Jim Carrey, oh well. We can still go exist.

    😉

    PS I wrote it up last week will post it soon!

    WSS