Skip to content

First Energy Field

The Browns Board
42 22 3.0k
  • The only thing I don't like is the name "First Energy Field at Cleveland Browns Stadium" why? We all know what it used to be called, and we all know the Cleveland Browns supposedly play games there. Just seems like we're one step away from a "Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim" debacle. Like others have said, this isn't Lambeau Field or Yankee Stadium.

    @feartheroo said:

    The only thing I don't like is the name "First Energy Field at Cleveland Browns Stadium" why? We all know what it used to be called, and we all know the Cleveland Browns supposedly play games there. Just seems like we're one step away from a "Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim" debacle. Like others have said, this isn't Lambeau Field or Yankee Stadium.

    Actually that would be cool- take a cue from the Donkeys "Sports Authority at Mile High" it's been done before, and I like the idea.

  • Yea, it seems they only got the naming rights to the field, not the stadium. I mean, Randy Lerner gave naming rights to each exit to like the Cleveland Clinic or MBNA. Maybe they could sell naming rights to the bathrooms.

    Hell, I wonder if I could get a sponsor when I take a dump:

    "This Bowel Movement is brought to you by Taco Bell".

    I think I've hit on something there.

  • Watching the Press conference, the First Energy Stadium will replace the Cleveland Browns Stadium sign going by the artist renderings they just showed.

    FirstEnergyStadium_zps4bb313b5.jpg

  • The only thing I don't like is the name "First Energy Field at Cleveland Browns Stadium" why? We all know what it used to be called, and we all know the Cleveland Browns supposedly play games there. Just seems like we're one step away from a "Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim" debacle. Like others have said, this isn't Lambeau Field or Yankee Stadium.

    @feartheroo said:

    The only thing I don't like is the name "First Energy Field at Cleveland Browns Stadium" why?

    It's actually, "First Energy Stadium: home of the Cleveland Browns." That's the official name.

  • Watching the Press conference, the First Energy Stadium will replace the Cleveland Browns Stadium sign going by the artist renderings they just showed.

    FirstEnergyStadium_zps4bb313b5.jpg

    @kamac19 said:

    Watching the Press conference, the First Energy Stadium will replace the Cleveland Browns Stadium sign going by the artist renderings they just showed.

    Also adding large signs on in the inside of the stadium bowl and roof as well.

    BArG4USCAAA-91Q.jpg

    BArG--5CQAEiCSq.jpg

  • Can't wait until we get that dome.

  • No cheerleaders or uni changes at least until 2014 season per Haslam.

  • Can't wait until we get that dome.

    @hunt-daddy said:

    Can't wait until we get that dome.

    I was going to say, if it is going to be named after an electric company, perhaps they can figure out how to bring heat into it.

    By the way...isn't downtown Cleveland still served by Muni Light and Power?

    (In other words, I don't even think CBS pays its light bill to FE)

  • I don't like the Blue in their logo... maybe First Energy needs to update their marketing colors and schemes now?

  • @feartheroo said:

    The only thing I don't like is the name "First Energy Field at Cleveland Browns Stadium"...

    I like it. They get paid, but keep the historical name attached.

    Now let's get some big titty cheerleaders and some winning football.

    Zombo

    Zombo said:

    I like it. They get paid, but keep the historical name attached.

    Now let's get some big titty cheerleaders and some winning football.

    Zombo

    Reconfigure the "dawg Pound" with some runways and shimmy poles and discounted lap dances for season ticket holders.

  • I was thinking nude cheerleaders. I could embrace that....I could.

  • It would be cool if the FirstEnergy had some cool electricity effects around the stadium, somehow show the gridiron in electric bolts with the lights out as a kinda cool lightshow or something...?

  • I really do not want artificial turf or a dome. Outdoor football on real grass is the only way its done.

    I would be devastated if Haslam tore up the grass and made a dome. Please don't do it Jimmy.

  • I really do not want artificial turf or a dome. Outdoor football on real grass is the only way its done.

    I would be devastated if Haslam tore up the grass and made a dome. Please don't do it Jimmy.

    @nati-dawg said:

    I really do not want artificial turf or a dome. Outdoor football on real grass is the only way its done.

    I would be devastated if Haslam tore up the grass and made a dome. Please don't do it Jimmy.

    They are almost certain to put in PAT.

  • "Everyone" wanted a new owner.....

    Lol.....

  • Too early to tell, but Haslam already making some changes I don't care for.

  • "Everyone" wanted a new owner.....

    Lol.....

    @choco said:

    "Everyone" wanted a new owner.....

    Lol.....

    You wanted to keep Lerner?