Skip to content

Manti Te'o

The Browns Board
28 18 1.8k
  • I'm surprised no one started a topic on him yet. Then again the story gets more and more bizarre by the moment. Before the topic broke, I was wondering how well he might replace Larry Foote (if he dropped that far or would the Steelers trade up for him). Now I'm wondering who would be crazy enough to select him with a first or second round pick. If he landed on the Browns or the Steelers I'm sure he could start up a relationship with one of our cheerleaders!!!

    Surely he has to be taking advice from agents by now. Wouldn't it have been better to say, "yeah it was a hoax, didn't expect it to get so out of control, sorry and all" even if that wasn't true? The story that's out now is just crazy and you have to think Te'o has serious mental issues that nearly every scout has to say...nah don't draft him. Why does a star line-backer need an internet girlfriend he never saw? Can't he pick up chicks like anywhere? There's alot of available/hot women between South Bend and California (that you can actually see/touch), if he's into women that is.

    Kiper had him rated as a late first round pick (based on skill) but being taken 9th by the Bills (based on leadership ability)? How far do you see him falling? Would the Browns consider taking him? I see someone completely messed up in the head and sure hope the Steelers steer clear, and I'm expecting him to fall out of the first round. There's just no way he could be that stupid without some kind of knowledge of a hoax. Regardless, I think some team will pick him up, possibly even trade up to get him in the early second round.

  • I only saw him in two games this year (USC & Champ game) and I just don't understand all the pre-dead-girlfriend hype. Looked very average to me.

  • what I find bizarre is the AD Swarbrick's tears and defense of Manti's embellished story.....

  • Who knows maybe the guy is actually that naive and was duped.

    Everything they've said about him to this point is that he's a great person and religious, doesn't seem like the type to take advantage of some of the perks of being a star college player.

    Either way, pretty strange story... I don't think he'd be worthy of a 1st round pick anyway.

  • There was a post on here where a few people think the Browns should take him with their 1st pick in the draft. I had never seen him play and knowing he is from ND he was probably over rated. So I watch his highlight video that was on the that post thinking well lets see how this guy takes on blockers and makes plays. Well there wasn't any... really your going to put together a highlight video on a middlebacker and not have him take on any blockers what so ever?

    I did watch him for the first time in the BCS game and didn't look average or ordinary he looked TERRIBLE(and I say that in my best Charles Barkley imitation). I don't know maybe he had the Troy Smith disease.

  • He is either the biggest punkass or the biggest dumbass on the planet.

    Either way....it doesn't look good for him.

  • WtL33.jpg
  • The guy is definitely gay. Makes up a long distance girlfriend to tell his friends and family. After this lie goes on for awhile, his family and friends want to meet her. He claims her death to ensure that it never happens. He's a Mormon, so I have to imagine he thought that coming out to his family would be poorly received. That little lie spiraled out of control, and he ended up riding it to the BCS championship. Total closet case.

  • The guy is definitely gay. Makes up a long distance girlfriend to tell his friends and family. After this lie goes on for awhile, his family and friends want to meet her. He claims her death to ensure that it never happens. He's a Mormon, so I have to imagine he thought that coming out to his family would be poorly received. That little lie spiraled out of control, and he ended up riding it to the BCS championship. Total closet case.

    @vaportrail said:

    The guy is definitely gay. Makes up a long distance girlfriend to tell his friends and family. After this lie goes on for awhile, his family and friends want to meet her. He claims her death to ensure that it never happens. He's a Mormon, so I have to imagine he thought that coming out to his family would be poorly received. That little lie spiraled out of control, and he ended up riding it to the BCS championship. Total closet case.

    I totally agree with you actually. I think on top of his faith you have a guy who's a star linebacker at one of the best programs in the country. That guy could slay chicks if he wanted to, but this "girlfriend" who casually lives on the other side of the country gave him a convenient excuse to avoid all that. From there I think dude tried to exploit it and make the story really believable and had her "killed" to avoid scrutiny when people put her under a microscope.

    It's not like I care at all, but the facts really line up for that type of scenario.

  • Aj Mcarron's GF will be featured in the SI Swimsuit issue.

    Manti T'eo's Gf will be featured on Mythbusters 😉

  • UhQtw.png
  • The fuck did it to get sympathy Heisman votes. It is kinda convenient that this is now news after the bcs game. I really hope we do not draft this pussy. Shit he is still trying to learn how to tackle Eddy Lacey!

  • Man, some of you should really just shut the fuck up and sit down. Really, you're going to accuse the guy of "setting this up" to garner more attention? The kid was already dealing with tradgedy losing his Grandmother and then loses his girlfriend, which come to find out was a whole setup in the first place... That's just fucked up.

    I know a girl that I met on xbox years ago. We just talked and played games together for like a year and a half, I figured she was a fat chick but whatever she was cool and a nice girl. She gave me her facebook and low and behold she's a beauty. It seemed like a perfect match for me. I had developed some strong feeling for her after that. My REAL girlfriend hated her and forbid us to talk or communicate after that. So, in a way I understand what he's going through... I lost my Grandfather around that same time.

    So if you want to talk shit because his story is sooo outlandish that nobody should believe him- fuck off, you don't know the half of it. Just keep believing the world revolves around you and your own personal expirences in life.... but just remember, you don't know the half of it.

    I for one think the kid is a decent player and he'd be a starter over 2/3 of the linebackers on the Browns.

  • Or just keep ignoring gaping holes in his story.

    Kid smokes pole. Id respect him if he actually admit it.

  • I for one think the kid is a decent player and he'd be a starter over 2/3 of the linebackers on the Browns.

    I'm pretty sure we can literally say that for every position on the team if you are gonna use fractions.

  • Why is this a big deal. Who cares. The dude is dumb ass, the only problem I see here.

    Someone please explain why he is involved in a hoax?

    0117-manti-teoing-launch-3.jpg

  • He would be more productive than Fujita has been the last 15 months.

    ...how's that for specifics?

  • I only saw him in two games this year (USC & Champ game) and I just don't understand all the pre-dead-girlfriend hype. Looked very average to me.

    @d-bone said:

    I only saw him in two games this year (USC & Champ game) and I just don't understand all the pre-dead-girlfriend hype. Looked very average to me.

    He was horrible in champ game. Out of position a lot. Missed tackles.

    No thanks. Take a de or cb over him.

  • He would be more productive than Fujita has been the last 15 months.

    ...how's that for specifics?

    @poeticg said:

    He would be more productive than Fujita has been the last 15 months.

    ...how's that for specifics?

    Fujita is all but done with neck injury.. ala Chris Spielman

    but Id still take him over te'o

  • He would be more productive than Fujita has been the last 15 months.

    ...how's that for specifics?

    @poeticg said:

    He would be more productive than Fujita has been the last 15 months.

    ...how's that for specifics?

    very.

    However we will not draft him. He cant even tackle rb's running right at him. Also the games he so called was great in were against really shitty teams. Kevin Minter from LSU will be the best ILB in this draft.