Skip to content

I Love Uniform Talk

The Browns Board
244 46 16.1k
  • WHy is it other coaches and regimes come through Cleveland ththave won previously elsewhere but can't replicate it in Cleveland? I'll tell you. It's the uniforms. The are dull, boring and uninteresting. If we had a logo, and some new unis to go along with it, I gaurantee the players would "feel" better look better and PLAY better.

    Time for an upgrade.

    @soju said:

    If we had a logo, and some new unis to go along with it, I gaurantee the players would "feel" better look better and PLAY better.

    I hope you are not serious about professional football players playing better because they like their uniforms more.

    Zombo

  • If I were making as much as they are, I could give a fuck less.

  • I'm hoping to see more of a orange and white premise with limited brown. I realize we're the browns and all, but come on. Most of these young black guys can pull off wearing an Orange suit so do it up. Make a flashy change. The browns national image has to change or we'll always get stiffed on the big free agent and players will continue to consider the browns lowly and be unmotivated to play here. We'll never change the image if they insist on wearing a poop suit forever. I like the poop suit but it looks like a poop suit. Sorry, I don't want you guys to cry, but it does. We're not green bay. Green bay has been champion twice since I've been alive. At 33 I'm older than most NFL players. So, in essence, nobody playing in the NFL is old enough to remember, nor do they care about, the browns championship teams, and the only tradition anyone associates with the browns is a tradition of losing. We're going to have to try to re-invent the team rather than resting on tradition. A good first step would be to ditch the old school uniform that everyone associates with a perennial losing football team, and move into the new century. Listen to the players on this one and not someone old enough to actually remember 1964 clearly.

    @the-cysko-kid said:

    I'm hoping to see more of a orange and white premise with limited brown. I realize we're the browns and all, but come on. Most of these young black guys can pull off wearing an Orange suit so do it up. Make a flashy change. The browns national image has to change or we'll always get stiffed on the big free agent and players will continue to consider the browns lowly and be unmotivated to play here. We'll never change the image if they insist on wearing a poop suit forever. I like the poop suit but it looks like a poop suit. Sorry, I don't want you guys to cry, but it does. We're not green bay. Green bay has been champion twice since I've been alive. At 33 I'm older than most NFL players. So, in essence, nobody playing in the NFL is old enough to remember, nor do they care about, the browns championship teams, and the only tradition anyone associates with the browns is a tradition of losing. We're going to have to try to re-invent the team rather than resting on tradition. A good first step would be to ditch the old school uniform that everyone associates with a perennial losing football team, and move into the new century. Listen to the players on this one and not someone old enough to actually remember 1964 clearly.

    Im a old school brownie that goes way back beyond your young 33 years and Ill leave it at that. Im big on tradition and loyalty, I would not mind some updating on our uniforms and like some of the ideas that our shown in this thread. But like all die hard fans a fact of life is the helmet is never to be messed with. So do your fashion statement, mix and match etc. as long as we all understand leave the helmet alone...

  • If I were making as much as they are, I could give a fuck less.

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    If I were making as much as they are, I could give a fuck less.

    Thats were I think you are wrong, it does not matter how much money they make. For Example: I make really good money, is it NFL money Hell No!!! But the better I look the better I feel I play ( At work) These are kids playing in the NFL (21yrs old - 33yrs old) They want these types of things. Do you think Trich, Gorden, Little, Haden. Ward, Talyor Etc, Etc...Give a shit about the Browns 40 yrs ago. Hell NO, Just like I dont give a shit about the person who had my spot did in the past. Sorry, but the Uniform thing believe it or not is a big deal. You dont think when Haslem came out and said next yr we will have new Uniform the players did not get pumped up about it. Come on Man

  • The only color they like is green. And the color of leather in their Bentley. I doubt they care about uniforms. These guys have been playing football for most of their lives.

  • yeah i wonder what their HS unis looked like?

    our school was white and blue and vice versa for away games.

    ooooooh. flashy!!

  • @the-cysko-kid said:

    I'm hoping to see more of a orange and white premise with limited brown. I realize we're the browns and all, but come on. Most of these young black guys can pull off wearing an Orange suit so do it up. Make a flashy change. The browns national image has to change or we'll always get stiffed on the big free agent and players will continue to consider the browns lowly and be unmotivated to play here. We'll never change the image if they insist on wearing a poop suit forever. I like the poop suit but it looks like a poop suit. Sorry, I don't want you guys to cry, but it does. We're not green bay. Green bay has been champion twice since I've been alive. At 33 I'm older than most NFL players. So, in essence, nobody playing in the NFL is old enough to remember, nor do they care about, the browns championship teams, and the only tradition anyone associates with the browns is a tradition of losing. We're going to have to try to re-invent the team rather than resting on tradition. A good first step would be to ditch the old school uniform that everyone associates with a perennial losing football team, and move into the new century. Listen to the players on this one and not someone old enough to actually remember 1964 clearly.

    Im a old school brownie that goes way back beyond your young 33 years and Ill leave it at that. Im big on tradition and loyalty, I would not mind some updating on our uniforms and like some of the ideas that our shown in this thread. But like all die hard fans a fact of life is the helmet is never to be messed with. So do your fashion statement, mix and match etc. as long as we all understand leave the helmet alone...

    @brnfan16 said:

    Im a old school brownie that goes way back beyond your young 33 years and Ill leave it at that. Im big on tradition and loyalty, I would not mind some updating on our uniforms and like some of the ideas that our shown in this thread. But like all die hard fans a fact of life is the helmet is never to be messed with. So do your fashion statement, mix and match etc. as long as we all understand leave the helmet alone...

    This! We can tweak the uniform, and update it a bit, but don't f*** with the helmet!

    @tampadawgs said:

    Thats were I think you are wrong, it does not matter how much money they make. For Example: I make really good money, is it NFL money Hell No!!! But the better I look the better I feel I play ( At work) These are kids playing in the NFL (21yrs old - 33yrs old) They want these types of things. Do you think Trich, Gorden, Little, Haden. Ward, Talyor Etc, Etc...Give a shit about the Browns 40 yrs ago. Hell NO, Just like I dont give a shit about the person who had my spot did in the past. Sorry, but the Uniform thing believe it or not is a big deal. You dont think when Haslem came out and said next yr we will have new Uniform the players did not get pumped up about it. Come on Man

    The Cleveland Browns have been a part of Cleveland longer than those players have been alive. If they don't like the tradition that comes with being part of it, then they can go play somewhere else! As I've said above, I'm good with minor tweaks to the uniform, but leave the helmet alone, and logoless!

  • @brnfan16 said:

    Im a old school brownie that goes way back beyond your young 33 years and Ill leave it at that. Im big on tradition and loyalty, I would not mind some updating on our uniforms and like some of the ideas that our shown in this thread. But like all die hard fans a fact of life is the helmet is never to be messed with. So do your fashion statement, mix and match etc. as long as we all understand leave the helmet alone...

    This! We can tweak the uniform, and update it a bit, but don't f*** with the helmet!

    @tampadawgs said:

    Thats were I think you are wrong, it does not matter how much money they make. For Example: I make really good money, is it NFL money Hell No!!! But the better I look the better I feel I play ( At work) These are kids playing in the NFL (21yrs old - 33yrs old) They want these types of things. Do you think Trich, Gorden, Little, Haden. Ward, Talyor Etc, Etc...Give a shit about the Browns 40 yrs ago. Hell NO, Just like I dont give a shit about the person who had my spot did in the past. Sorry, but the Uniform thing believe it or not is a big deal. You dont think when Haslem came out and said next yr we will have new Uniform the players did not get pumped up about it. Come on Man

    The Cleveland Browns have been a part of Cleveland longer than those players have been alive. If they don't like the tradition that comes with being part of it, then they can go play somewhere else! As I've said above, I'm good with minor tweaks to the uniform, but leave the helmet alone, and logoless!

    @djdawg2010 said:

    This! We can tweak the uniform, and update it a bit, but don't f*** with the helmet!

    The Cleveland Browns have been a part of Cleveland longer than those players have been alive. If they don't like the tradition that comes with being part of it, then they can go play somewhere else! As I've said above, I'm good with minor tweaks to the uniform, but leave the helmet alone, and logoless!

    And they will go play somewhere else and we'll have 50 more years of 5-11 seasons. Fuck 5-11. Fuck Tradition. I want to win at all costs. If a cooler uniform pumps our guys up to win, do it.

  • @djdawg2010 said:

    This! We can tweak the uniform, and update it a bit, but don't f*** with the helmet!

    The Cleveland Browns have been a part of Cleveland longer than those players have been alive. If they don't like the tradition that comes with being part of it, then they can go play somewhere else! As I've said above, I'm good with minor tweaks to the uniform, but leave the helmet alone, and logoless!

    And they will go play somewhere else and we'll have 50 more years of 5-11 seasons. Fuck 5-11. Fuck Tradition. I want to win at all costs. If a cooler uniform pumps our guys up to win, do it.

    @the-cysko-kid said:

    And they will go play somewhere else and we'll have 50 more years of 5-11 seasons. Fuck 5-11. Fuck Tradition. I want to win at all costs. If a cooler uniform pumps our guys up to win, do it.

    that's just laughable.

    so you are disregarding the fact that these 'kids' (most of them...except some QBs) are considered to be grown men now and act and play like professionals (because they sure are getting paid as professionals)?

    the reason we continue to be 5-11 every year is not because of some out-dated uniform. it's because our FO can't put together a winning squad and even if they did our coaches can't get them to play at that next level, which means give it your all on every play until the clock reaches zero.

    it's not because we thickened a stripe our added a glimmer effect to the pants or whatever you fashion runway fags want to do with it. jags have a pretty nice looking uni (for fags) and they are really lighting it up, huh?

  • @djdawg2010 said:

    This! We can tweak the uniform, and update it a bit, but don't f*** with the helmet!

    The Cleveland Browns have been a part of Cleveland longer than those players have been alive. If they don't like the tradition that comes with being part of it, then they can go play somewhere else! As I've said above, I'm good with minor tweaks to the uniform, but leave the helmet alone, and logoless!

    And they will go play somewhere else and we'll have 50 more years of 5-11 seasons. Fuck 5-11. Fuck Tradition. I want to win at all costs. If a cooler uniform pumps our guys up to win, do it.

    @the-cysko-kid said:

    And they will go play somewhere else and we'll have 50 more years of 5-11 seasons. Fuck 5-11. Fuck Tradition. I want to win at all costs. If a cooler uniform pumps our guys up to win, do it.

    Pittsburgh hasn't deviated from their tradition, and has done it! Green Bay hasn't deviated from their tradition has done it! Their uniforms aren't exactly stylish, nor are their cities exactly sexy locations either! So quite frankly I don't give a shit about what these whiny ass overpaid primadonnas want! There are just some things where you just don't screw with tradition! And we as fans didn't fight for the the name, history, and colors just to go ahead and change everything!

  • You're deluded. Would you feel better at work in a burlap sack or an Armani suit?

    If you feel better you work better. It's as simple as that.

  • @the-cysko-kid said:

    And they will go play somewhere else and we'll have 50 more years of 5-11 seasons. Fuck 5-11. Fuck Tradition. I want to win at all costs. If a cooler uniform pumps our guys up to win, do it.

    Pittsburgh hasn't deviated from their tradition, and has done it! Green Bay hasn't deviated from their tradition has done it! Their uniforms aren't exactly stylish, nor are their cities exactly sexy locations either! So quite frankly I don't give a shit about what these whiny ass overpaid primadonnas want! There are just some things where you just don't screw with tradition! And we as fans didn't fight for the the name, history, and colors just to go ahead and change everything!

    @djdawg2010 said:

    Pittsburgh hasn't deviated from their tradition, and has done it! Green Bay hasn't deviated from their tradition has done it! Their uniforms aren't exactly stylish, nor are their cities exactly sexy locations either! So quite frankly I don't give a shit about what these whiny ass overpaid primadonnas want! There are just some things where you just don't screw with tradition! And we as fans didn't fight for the the name, history, and colors just to go ahead and change everything!

    Players are old enough to remember those teams winning championships. I personally like the browns uniforms but we people that do are truly In the minority. Look around. Lots of products use yellow and black on their logos. Same with green and yellow. Find me some shit that uses orange and Brown in their logos. It's ugly and unpopular. You might hate to hear that but its true.

  • @djdawg2010 said:

    Pittsburgh hasn't deviated from their tradition, and has done it! Green Bay hasn't deviated from their tradition has done it! Their uniforms aren't exactly stylish, nor are their cities exactly sexy locations either! So quite frankly I don't give a shit about what these whiny ass overpaid primadonnas want! There are just some things where you just don't screw with tradition! And we as fans didn't fight for the the name, history, and colors just to go ahead and change everything!

    Players are old enough to remember those teams winning championships. I personally like the browns uniforms but we people that do are truly In the minority. Look around. Lots of products use yellow and black on their logos. Same with green and yellow. Find me some shit that uses orange and Brown in their logos. It's ugly and unpopular. You might hate to hear that but its true.

    @the-cysko-kid said:

    Players are old enough to remember those teams winning championships. I personally like the browns uniforms but we people that do are truly I'm the minority. Look around.

    And yet the Browns still have one of the largest NFL fanbases in the world! I wouldn't call that the minority.

  • @the-cysko-kid said:

    Players are old enough to remember those teams winning championships. I personally like the browns uniforms but we people that do are truly I'm the minority. Look around.

    And yet the Browns still have one of the largest NFL fanbases in the world! I wouldn't call that the minority.

    @djdawg2010 said:

    And yet the Browns still have one of the largest NFL fanbases in the world! I wouldn't call that the minority.

    Mostly (but certainly not all, don't get me wrong) led by expats that have fled Cleveland for greener pastures.

  • You're deluded. Would you feel better at work in a burlap sack or an Armani suit?

    If you feel better you work better. It's as simple as that.

    @the-cysko-kid said:

    You're deluded. Would you feel better at work in a burlap sack or an Armani suit?

    If you feel better you work better. It's as simple as that.

    Neither. How about Khakis and a polo?

  • @djdawg2010 said:

    Pittsburgh hasn't deviated from their tradition, and has done it! Green Bay hasn't deviated from their tradition has done it! Their uniforms aren't exactly stylish, nor are their cities exactly sexy locations either! So quite frankly I don't give a shit about what these whiny ass overpaid primadonnas want! There are just some things where you just don't screw with tradition! And we as fans didn't fight for the the name, history, and colors just to go ahead and change everything!

    Players are old enough to remember those teams winning championships. I personally like the browns uniforms but we people that do are truly In the minority. Look around. Lots of products use yellow and black on their logos. Same with green and yellow. Find me some shit that uses orange and Brown in their logos. It's ugly and unpopular. You might hate to hear that but its true.

    @the-cysko-kid said:

    Players are old enough to remember those teams winning championships. I personally like the browns uniforms but we people that do are truly In the minority. Look around. Lots of products use yellow and black on their logos. Same with green and yellow. Find me some shit that uses orange and Brown in their logos. It's ugly and unpopular. You might hate to hear that but its true.

    Brown: The football

    ,Orange, the pylon that means touchdown

    10763819-goal-line-on-american-football-

    football.png

  • So you're suggesting that a team named the "Browns" that has had the current color scheme for around 50 years change to more "popular" colors so the players will "feel better" about what they are wearing and then therefore play better?

  • Why not? It happens all the time. Do you hear Tampa bay crying about the loss of the sherbet uniforms and the gay buccaneer do you?

  • So a team with the name Browns is going to have team colors that are, lets say teal and black because in your mind that will make the players feel better about themselves?

    There are about a million flaws in your logic but lets start with the first one. You're saying having a team named after a color and then not having the fucking color be used in the uniforms? Do you not see how lame that is?

  • It's not up to you thank god. I hope you don't throw yourself off a bridge when the new ownership changes them up.